Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

#16 Post by anonfox123 »

I frowned as the wolf woman replied to the queries with both broken english and some language ('wolf' apparently) I couldn't even begin to describe. But the answers, and the way she answered, raised even more questions. Even if a group of GMO's had been made and allowed to develop into their own people, surely she'd have a better grasp of the world beyond "Spark gods" or whatever.

Oh well, if her wagging tail was anything to go by, the offer of Janet's blade had been enough to defuse the situation with the headstrong Australian. And if something was sparking, that meant there was still power somewhere in here, another good sign.

Shifting my feet to get a better view of the situation, I leaned over the top of the pod array...

"Waugh! Sonofa..."

Only to have this damn heavy backpack overbalance me and send me tumbling down towards the crowd, bowling over Lawrence along the way.

"Eh, hey guys... Who's our new friend?"
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#17 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Ravine looked over at tam and seeing the eyes, he felt though he knew him somewhere. "hm! uh wait a minute I know you from somewhere. but where?" ravine said looking closer at tams eyes. then he lost it and dismissed it. he looked back at lucretia trying to put the language she spoke together from languages he already knew. "hmmm Russian?, no its not complex...Italian? no not much of an accent.." ravine thought, he thought hard from the languages he knew to uncrack this new language. "lucretia? where are we?" ravine asked
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#18 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

I tried to follow lucretia's trail, the blood making things easy, and waited to catch her as she came out. However Outside the door I got bored quickly. Standing up I grabbed my hammer I put it atop my shoulder and walked in through the ruins. Looking at all the things on the wall I continued down the ruins following the blood drips on the floor until I came in with a hammer and stag slung over my shoulder, <Lucretia I got another dee- uhhh... Who are they and why are they here?> Right, time to try some no-fur... Gods am I bad at that, uhh, I no like you speak, but me try, me Shane. You meet Lucretia yes? Leaning on the wall I silently studied the newcome no furs, hammer in my hands, studying how they moved, the easy ways to fight them, just in case.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

bond84
Stick Animator

#19 Post by bond84 »

Monica merely blinked at her.

Fire god...zap god? What's going on here

She thought with a tinge of worry showing on her face before noticing she was once again making notes aloud. She coughed somewhat embarresed and mumbled out

"Yea if you don't mind, I'd...I'd love to see what you are talking about...

Her voice aloof over thoughts in ideas, so lost in her thought she didn't even notice the other events around her. Most notably the other full anthro coming into sight. Instead she went back to rummaging through the area's for the computers, tapping on uselessly broken keyboard and even slamming one of them with a sigh of frustration.

"If I could just get you working I could see what happened!"

She exclaimed, frowning once again at the useless and decrepit hardware.

(So Gabe, what be your plan here? Cause you got me lost at the zap and fire god.)
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#20 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine still thought hard untill he heard and saw the other anthro walk in with a large hammer. all ravine could do was whistle at its size. "now thats a hammer....was that german i heard" ravine thought.
he stopped thinking on languages for a bit and rubbed his temples. ravines mind whirred with langueges, time, place and what happened while they were asleep. unknowing what to do, he sat down unstrapped his bag and pulled out a small book to write something in it before putting it back.
it was then he realized something. he moved to a more covered computer and ripped vines off of it. he looked at the sceeen, cracked, and then opened the door under it and looked at the circutry. next he was working on the circutry and power conduits, a few sparks, some burns, and a yell in a mixture of russian and latin he succeeded and the computer began to hum. he sat up rubbing his wrist and fingers where burns and blacks spots showed."hey doctor try this computer now it should have some power now, and pull up a file with a date after you were put into cryo. a date you remember" ravine said leaning back under the computer to watch the cables and power feed it had
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21 Post by tony1695 »

Thomas raised an eyebrow at the man who told him to put down his knife. "Fair call," he responded. He carefully strapped the blade to his hip, making sure the scabbard wouldn't fall off. As he dug around for the rest of his gear, he looked around the room at the others. Most of them had at least a set of ears or a tail, and then there was the one wolf-woman who looked completely out of place.

"So, you got any idea what the [censored] is going on?"

((hotep, use some damned punctuation and grammar. This forum may be pretty relaxed, but we do love things to be easy to read and understand.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#22 Post by anonfox123 »

Letting myself get helped to me feet after that embarrassing tumble, I was glad that Lawrence didn't hold it against me.
"I'm Officer Lawrence Reed, helicopter pilot for the Drywells police department." He remarked, introducing himself.

"I see... I'm James Tam, worked in virology for a biotech company. Rioters paranoid about my work and no safe LZ had me on the run through half the city before I could get in a chopper. Had to fight too, at times." I said, pointing at my rifle. "Probably didn't have time for introductions in the chaos before getting in cryo, but your name sounds familiar." I tapped next to my cyber-eyes. "Maybe my AR dispay picked up your ID-tag when I got on your evac chopper. Same for foxy-boy over here maybe." I finished, gesturing towards Ravine, who for some reason was letting off an impressed whistle.

Oh lordy, don't tell me he was ogling that wolf-woman... And then I saw the even larger male walk in, a huge hammer over his shoulder as though it was nothing. So, he played on that side of the fence, did he? Well, not my place to hold it against him, and it did help that the newcomer was quite handsome despite (or because of?) his animal features. In the privacy of my own head I let my thoughts wander. if there was still alcohol out there... Nah, you're good, but not THAT good. Not for both of them at any rate.

As Ravine went off to fiddle with what was left of the consoles, that Australian started running his mouth again. "So, you got any idea what the [censored] is going on?"

"No, we don't have any idea. Not until the good doctor has a look into those files. And even then we proably won't get an answer as to why full anthros are running around in Renaissance Fair getups and speaking a language we've never heard before." I threw my hands up in exasperation. "Only thing that comes to mind is that they're GMO's designed to 'staff' some historical recreation or an immersion fantasy themepark. And even then, why build it around a cryo chamber?"

I took out my DMR and began checking it over. Damn, no spare clips in my bag. Looks like I'd have to make these 12 bullets count, at least until I could resupply. "No matter the theory, it just doesn't add up." I finished, leaning back to wait for the Doc's input.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#23 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"what else doesnt add up is what time and year it is. you can look at my extra mauser clips, they are rotted through with vines through them....it would take around 2 years for the clips to rust and a few months for the vines to break the rust and bust into the clip itself........what i want to know now though is if this computer has a log of the cyro pods or can show me if any long term projects were going on while we slept." ravine explained. In between sentences he fiddled with the wires and soon stopped to stand up and watch the computer screen.
(OOC:D :sythe: ue to my internet here on this naval base my posts have been made by phone. there fore if a post has any grammer problems give me some time to either redo the post, or time to look back and see what is wrong, thank you)

xamali
Grand Templar

#24 Post by xamali »

I finally felt more sure of my footing, and my head was clearer.
"Hm, it seems no one has any idea of what is going on either." I thought to myself while listening the other's conversations. I was about to move, when another full anthro
came in, carrying a huge hammer, and stopping by the one who identified herself as Lucretia, to whom the doc was trying to talk to.

I stood where I was, trying to think of some way to approach seeming friendly and harmless. "Oh well, I'm sure they won't think I'm of any harm. Not with that big guy with the huge [censored] hammer around."
With that thought I started walking towards the two Anthros, swaying my fluffy tail behind me.
"Hey there. Mr. Shane, my name is Ryan. Could you tell us what language you and the miss are speaking, and why you barely speak english?". I said slowly, to make sure they would understand me.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

MecaReaper
Traveler

#25 Post by MecaReaper »

She Smile as her tail swaying then puts her blade away. Thinking about zap god and what it might mean, what first thing comes to mind is a possible back up generator or source of power. She is Intrigued on seeing this zap and fire god might further explain the longed question where and when did they wake to. Upon seeing Shane walk up with his huge hammer makes a very detailed Analysis what his probable fight style, strength, and weaknesses but does not make any sudden actions instead interested on meeting these "gods". Looks at Shane and gives him a warm greeting.

Hello Shane I am Janet pleasure to meet you.

Then she looks back at Lucretia

Lucretia could you show us these gods I think we are all interested to see them.

She double checks her gear unsure what she will encounter when they leave their Cryo Room.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#26 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Sliding to his feet he frowned angrily, <Youre lucky I don't hurt females. A good reason, other than the old pack hating me for a reason that has yet to be rendered to me, no, I have no reason. Sorry if I encroached on you, I'll take my buck and go elsewhere then, I'll be outside eating if you need me.> Picking up and swinging the hammer into the air before catching it and slinging his kill over his shoulder he walked outside and sat down, drawing his knife and cleaning his meal. While eating he sat and thought, no matter what, she always seemed to try to blow him off, same with his old pack, and now he was a lone wolf, never good. A rustle in the nearby brush, his ears twitching as his head snapped to the side. Paw sliding over to the hammer as a feral wolf crawled from the brush, eyeing him as it crept foreward. Pulling a piece of meat off the dead buck he tossed it to the wolf which took it and running off into the brush again.... Alone again.

Climbing into a tree after finishing his meal he relaxed in a tree above the entrance to the temple, his hammer across his back.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

xamali
Grand Templar

#27 Post by xamali »

As soon as I got closer to the anthros, Lucretia started speaking in a rather ferocious voice, and I took a step back.
"Ok, what the heck did I do wrong?!" I thought to myself, nervous and anxious of having insulted them. Before I spoke my apologies, I noticed that they were fighting among themselves, and then the newcomer anthro went away, by himself. I couldn't help but to feel sorry for him. He had a rather pitiful expression upon leaving, but there was nothing I could do. If I went after him, he might attack, and besides, it wouldn't be a smart move to get away from the "normal" people. I stayed, and kept quiet, to avoid any more trouble.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#28 Post by anonfox123 »

I looked at Lucretia askance as she chewed out the newcomer. And then her clawed finger was leveled right at me. “He is alpha male.” (Followed by more words I didn't understand.)

Wait. What. Like, can I put all of my what into a bag and just give it to someone? But oh no, that was hardly the last of it, as she stood right next to me and continued her argument.
“Me and alpha show Doc the gods. You can show how to be good at un-aliving.”

I somehow managed to get my mouth working again as the other wolf left. "Yeah... I think I'll just follow your lead for now... So, this is a 'Temple' then? Where or what is the altar?" Against my better judgement I even made air-quotes as I spoke. If it didn't go over well it certainly wouldn't be the first time in my life I put my foot in my mouth...

bond84
Stick Animator

#29 Post by bond84 »

She simply stood and watched at the entire exchange. Her social skills were so hilariously below par she might as well have not been paying attention at all.
"Was...Was he angry?"
She questioned while being lead to wherever she was leading her. Monica made her own personal notes about how the blood was sprayed, how everything looked and finally the cleave in the technology she oh so loved. Everything just seemed wrong. Nature was something she actually feared. Sterile. Clean. She appreciated order and she just couldn't seem to find it in nature on it's own.
"Did...Fire...computer..."

She simply mumbled, trying to [censored] the damage and not realizing she was already left alone.
Damn she's quiet. Or...Am I just not paying attention again
She sighed, pulling out her own tool and attempting a hot fix to get a soft flickering LED light on the screen. Faded, soft and nothing like she expected, but operational. That she could relate to. She sighed, this time in relief while she clicked away at the keyboard patiently, attempting to pull up anything.
Surveillance video. Static. Recorded. Static.
Opening up a few more commands on the keyboard, she pulled up a full length of the video in properties.
Only the size of the video showed up.
Petabytes was the size. On a low tech surveillance video.

She backed away from the computer as it flickered into existence once more, the wires frayed and completely useless at this point.
After following the trail back she returned to the group, her face a bit pale.
"Anyone good at math, my head hurts too much."
She stuttered, leaning into one of the walls and putting her head between her legs
"Low tech. Video. two to three megabytes per minute. Petabytes. Petabytes! Length of time, anyone know...how long that would be?"
She said in quite literally a small panic of her own. Looking between everyone.
"Because if I'm right, that's over a few thousand?"
She said once more, looking between everyone
"Please, please say I'm wrong..."
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#30 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine was looking at his computer and typing commands. He missed the exchange between the anthros but snapped out of his stare when the docter came back in. "petabytes?" ravine thought, looking back at his computer to see it shut down on him. "peta bytes equal this in megabytes which can last......" ravine thought before turning to the girl."I hate to say it but you are right its been over 1000yrs. If u you all need me ill be outside, i want to see what its like outdoors ravine said leaving the room with his bag. once outside he took a deep breath before stretching and looking around at the greenery.