Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

xamali
Grand Templar

Re: Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

#31 Post by xamali »

I stood there, listening. A thousand years?! That just couldn't be right! But is just might explain the anthros, and the place really was overrun by vines and all. That was just too much to bear. I walked back to my pod, and placed my hands on the locker I gathered my stuff from.
"Heh... so everyone I knew has dies a really long time ago. How many of them survived the chaos?" I started thinking to myself, my eyes getting red as my thoughts drifted to my long dead wife. "Not like I haven't already dealt with death. But just how many more must I lose?! I... I can't keep thinking like that. It's not what she would have wanted for me." I lifted my head, and started walking out of the room.

"I'm gonna have a look outside." I told the people in the room, before heading of, but just a few steps after leaving I was facing the two anthros, and the newcomer really seemed a lot happier. That was good, but what was I to do?
"Er... I'm sorry for leaving the room. Am I interrupting something?"
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#32 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine snapped out of his daze when ryan said something. "huh, oh no your not. I am just glad were alive after that period of time. I also like the outdoors, its one place ive always grown to love......i dont rcognize you from inside, im ravine" ravine said extanding his hand out to ryan before offering a granola bar in its vaccum packed wrapper
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#33 Post by tony1695 »

Thomas just stared at the woman. "Thousands? PLURAL!?" he asked loudly.

He didn't pay attention to the other two leaving the room as he started thinking. The amount of time that had supposedly passed definitely made sense, given the level of plant growth. True, he hadn't exactly expected to meet anyone he really knew when he woke up, but he had at least expected humanity to survive!

"Wait a sec. If it's been a few thousand years, then..." He pointed a finger at the wolf-woman. "Could that be, y'know, a new species or something?"
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#34 Post by anonfox123 »

I turned to address Lucretia "Yeah, all our parents were human but..." Gah, how was I going to explain the gene-modifications, or cryo, or any number of things? "Before we were put in the cryo-pods, which help us have a very, very long cold sleep, we could change ourselves. It was complicated, the tools don't really exist anymore." I pointed over at Thomas. "What he means is that before the cold-sleep, wolves didn't walk around on two legs. There were half-furs, but no one like yourself."

Then another part of what she was saying hit me like a fright train. "Wait, there's more humans outside? Can you take them to us?"
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#35 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Looking over at Lucretia I shrugged and sauntered over to a wall, knowing there was no threat. Hue-mans looking over to Lucretia I shrugged, Ive never seen any Hue-mans, only heard of them from the stories of Cantuck as a pup. Leaning my hammer on the wall I smiled and looked around, wondering if the gods HAD sent these new arrivals, or something like that cause it just didn't make sense...
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

xamali
Grand Templar

#36 Post by xamali »

I was staring at The Female Anthro when someone called me from inside the room, and identified himself as Ravine. And to his surprise, he was even offered a granola bar.
Before he could answer Ravine, the Anthro answered my previous answer, and since everything was fine, I put myself more at ease, turning completely to Ravine, accepting the granola bar from him, with a "thanks".
"Heh, thanks Ravine. My name is Ryan, and yeah, I don't believe we've met before." I said.

The Female "wolf", as the anthro identified herself, started talking about us being a half-wild, as if we were a half-breed between their species and humans. I was really confused at first, and before I could think of an answer, a man did that for me, and it seemed he also was quite perplexed by all of the new findings.
Wow, other humans! If we could meet them, we could learn a lot about what was going on. Perhaps, she knew.

"Excuse, me, wolf, ma'am. You said you've met humans other than us? Is there any chance you could take us to them?" I asked her, while opening the granola bar.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.

bond84
Stick Animator

#37 Post by bond84 »

Monica sort of chuckles over at Lucretia and shook her head softly

"No nothing like that. We did genetics. It was supposed to be just vanity, but became a bit more then that."

She chuckled almost at the thought and leaned up on one of the computer desks nearby. She didn't expect however, for said desk to quite literally snap under her weight and slide backwards into one of the support pillars. She yelped at the idea of falling, barely catching herself to watch the pillar crumble under it's own weight at being disturbed. The floor beneath them shaking and the entire thing beginning to crumble.

"I did say a long time didn't...didn't I?"

She noted more to herself then anyone, guessing at the condition of everything and coming to a quick conclusion that they had maybe a minute before quite literally the roof fell in on them and ended their short wake up.
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

xamali
Grand Templar

#38 Post by xamali »

I was just finishing talking to the wolf when I heard a loud scream, and my eyes went wide as I watched the chain of effects that took place. As I felt the floor shaking beneath my feet there was only one thought in my mind. We had to get out of there, NOW!

"Everybody, OUT!NOW!" I screamed as loud as I could, while I looked at Ravine in the eye, and nodded my head, as saying "let's go", turning towards the door. "Run!" I told the couple of wolfs before I started running, hopefully with everyone behind me as well.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#39 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine could feel the same before he noticed that both him and erik looked at each other simotaneously and nodded before running out suprised and in a bit of panic. Once outside Ravine looked at the building crumble. He soon patted his chest feeling old canvas and sighed knowing his belongings were with him. "phew that was close. Is everyone out and alright?"Ravine said looking around to hopefully find others out other than the two of them.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.