Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

bond84
Stick Animator

Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

#1 Post by bond84 »

Sssttt... The sound of gas releasing followed by a short gasp for breath.

F...finally time to get up...?

The women in the chamber thought, her body slowly coming back to senses with being no longer on the brink of death. She opened her eyes somewhat weakly and chuckled at the thought of stretching and yawning at her own expense.
Still being not fully able to move, she decided instead to look around at her surrondings in slight confusion and shock.
For one, none of it was light up besides a small opening at the back of the room, no more then a good 20 feet on a gentle slope.
Second, plants. And lots of them. Literally vines covering what was once stark white tile flooring, flowers growing on the walls and some actually just tipping over the sides of her chamber.

She struggled to find a ounce of control over her body and tumbled into the vines with a soft thud.

"No, no not...not right..."

She mumbled lightly, finally gaining a majority of her energy back, her heart pumping much more rapidly at the sight of everything around her.

Destroyed. Was the only thought coursing through her mind. She stumbled over to one of the computers and rapidly attempted to bring it to life with no avail. She lowered her head and her brain went into overdrive trying to figure out what happened.

Sealed off. Check. Got in chamber. Check. Woke up to nobody here, plants covering the place and everything is broken...Check.
She thought, making a quick run through of her personal body, finding just the key to open her locker on a string around her neck and the clothes she originally entered with.

She started to stride over to the location before catching sight of the other chambers, stopping dead in her tracks. Plenty still frozen but some dead inside the chambers, rotted to nothing but bone while others had plants that had literally bursted through the glass and killed the ones inside. Some empty, presumably from plants but she had no idea. Her face going pale she turned on her heel and hesitantly hit a big red button next to the computer she originally had tried to glean any bit of information from.

"At least one of you has to be still alive...a-anyone..."

She mumbled, staring at the chambers while she collected her things, glancing around and next wondering why she was awoken to this hell in the first place.
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

MecaReaper
Traveler

Re: Displaced (IC) - Let the chaos ensue

#2 Post by MecaReaper »

Noises of the thawing of the pod can be heard with a long hissing noise but the door wont budge because of the over growth on the pods hinges and latch, followed by her gasping for a short bit of air.

huh...what took that test so long

The women places her hand on the glass trying to see outside the pod but can not because of it fogging up on the outside, places her hand on the door trying to push it open with no avail but with her stubbornness she presses hard only moving the door a little. So with the room she has and draws back her fist as much as the pod would allow and began pounding on the glass, as it cracked more and more with every punch she through at the door but didn't break as her strength dwindled fast still just waking up with a meager amount of strength. Breathing hard she rested for a bit as she began to brain storm to find her freedom from her Cryo pod. After a bit she placed her hands on both side of the door and prepared for a full force head bunt that will drain most her strength, she knew if she did not break the glass she might die with the rest in this hole. She pulls back her head and propping her feet to give her more force to propel herself to break the glass, With a final resounding blow and the sounds of the pod door breaking, she falls to the ground breathing hard and in slight pain from her head ache. drags her self away from the glass shards then sits her self up against a wall to regain her bearings.

uh... what happened to this place...better question how long did they put me under

Glances around seeing the place with the over growth all over the place and termination of other pods by it. Wondering these things as blood trickles down her face.

Well whatever happen here they left us to die

Wipe the blood from her brow to tired to move just getting trying to regain all her feelings. Then see the Lady standing, seeing that she is the only living thing here in this hole calls out to in a light shout.

Hey you what happen...How long have I been out

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#3 Post by Hotep the psychic »

A large hiss sounded as another tube opened ravine inside slowly opened his eyes to see vines wrapped around his tube. ravines breathing was slow and his head spun as blood flow returned to normal. slowly he remembered his moments before entering the cryo tube. "remember to move slowly upon awakening, that's what dr. von hiver said" ravine thought
"fingers?" ravine slowly moved his fingers
"arms?" ravine moved his arms
"toes? legs?" ravine did the same until soon he had moved his whole body even his ears and tail which scared him the most unknown of them before. he grabbed and started ripping vines to get out and then was out and standing up in a dim cave as well. he hit a button on the side and a container opened showing his personal effects, he gabbed his pistol and magazine then saw the others rotted and with plants through them. then he grabbed his knife and turned to grab his bag in another storage area across from his tube. feeling the familiar eight of the bag felt good. he buckled the straps and felt the old patch of Kevlar pads at his waist. he smiled and started walking around the cave. "HELLO! anyone else here!? hello!" ravine yelled curiously opening a door before walking across the hall way to a different room of chambers to find someone out like him. no a girl. after so he hears another tube opening, looking over he sees the slightly open tube, "hey your awake too? who are you?" ravine said moving over to the open tube soon seeing another girl bust out on her own. he finched a bit almost feeling as if it happened to himself. he walked over. "hey you ok? need anything? who are you do you remember?" ravine asked slowly to the girl
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

The hissing of the cryo stasis pod opening was the only warning Thomas got. By the time he was aware of his surroundings, his face was inches from the ground.

"[censored]!"

As the man picked himself up, his ears swivelling around at the sounds of other voices, he looked around the decrepit chamber. This ain't right... he thought to himself. His confusion only compounded when he realised the ground wasn't the smooth floor it should have been, but earth and covered in plants. The walls and unopened pods were exactly the same, though he was glad that he wasn't the only one awake. Or the only survivor.

Thomas was dimly aware of someone asking something, but didn't pay attention. "Anyone know where my stuff is?"

(OOC: Editing character sheet to change 'swag' to 'Matilda', like it was meant to be. I was sleep-deprived and got things mixed up.)
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#5 Post by kevin »

Hissing gas, panicked gasps and coughing, and luckily a properly opening door. Ezra's eyes adjusted to the light, or rather near complete lack there of. Weakness filled his body, which slowly began to creep away as he regained use of his digits and limbs. He walked out on shaking, unsteady legs, taking a moment to gain his footing once more and allow his senses to awake further. A look around and he realized there were others about him, and the world around him became clearer.

"This doesn't seem right" he thought looking at the decrepit condition of the bunker, a sharp contrast to his last sight of it god knows how long ago.

With his body more or less fully awake now, Ezra finds it prudent to unlock his storage locker and gather his gear, making sure it was still there and in good condition. The turn of a key showed him his belongings, much the same way as when he had put them in there. A part of his training led him to believe his first move should be to arm himself, putting his sheathed knife and holstered pistol with spare clip on his rigger belt. Satisfied that they were secured, he inspects his back and its contents more thoroughly, feeling it better to sit and listen for now, still unsure about his surroundings or even the people he is around.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

MecaReaper
Traveler

#6 Post by MecaReaper »

Looks around scanning all the face vaguely remembering them, stands up watching all of them and gets her equipment from the assigned locker. Gets dressed quickly trying to limit her Vulnerability, her blades already holstered then dresses her cut on the forehead over her left eye. Takes a long sigh and examines her situation figuring its wouldnt be best to start yelling to find out what happen, finds her composure and then walks up*

Ok what is going on here I am as confused as everyone else here...And that said any idea what the [censored] is going on last thing I remember before going to sleep promising me I would be asleep and I would get payed for volunteering for a cryo test.

She is Just a bit on edge In almost in a foreign world. Then see the random person running in with a dead animal in its grasp, placing her hand on the handle of her blade on her back unsure what will unfold.

uh...

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#7 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine was checking his own belongings. he still had most of his military sets but he no longer could find his extra gunpowder. he still had a box of empty shells but couldnt find his tools. he soon decided to look for i later when he found granola bars. he opened one and took a small bite. may have been hundred of years old and vaccumed pack but it was still good. ravine then closes the bag while muching granola. his stomach rumbled loadly in appreciation. he went over to one of the girls who just cursed and then saw what she was staring at."so. uh want a granola bar, still good for being vaccum packed. and as for your question i dont think anyone of us would know." ravine said finishing the granola bar.all he did was look at the person holding a dead animal. as his tail swayed a bit.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

bond84
Stick Animator

#8 Post by bond84 »

(Gabes charachter is a full anthro fellas.)

Monica watched as the people came to, seeing others still in pods and sighing in relief at the idea of not being alone
"Okay, is everyone all...right..."

Her words trailing off as she heard a couple of heavy footsteps followed by a voice she didn't know. "Mikkel".
What the hell does that mean she thought, her ears swiveling to the location of the noise.

Upon seeing the one who made the noise however, she simply blinked in astonishment at her.

"Oh my..."

She muttered, her stride walking quickly towards her as she started literally making notes aloud about their situation, number of people, thoughts on who the anthro holding the elk was, and how long it had taken until the government cracked the genetic code to be able to even pull anything close to this.

"So, where...what...what happened?"

Monica asked, her fave not of fear but of inquisition.

(Trying my best to keep everything going, on my phone at work and ow my fingers)

xamali
Grand Templar

#9 Post by xamali »

Ryan suddenly awoke to a hissing sound and took his first gasps of air as the door of his pod opened slightly. He stood there, too numb to think about moving yet.
He could hear sounds from outside, people. Voices. There were others already out there. He opened his eyes slowly, and started stretching as best as he could inside the pod, moving his fingers, and wrists, his legs, his neck. He lifted one hand and pushed open the pod door, taking a step outside, but as soon as he put his whole body weigh on his legs, he almost dropped to the ground, kneeling to avoid the fall.

"This can't be good to my health." He whispered in a mocking tone to himself.

He got back on his feet, and started to grab his stuff, making a short pause, and taking a deep breath as he took his wallet from the drawer. All set, Ryan turned around to meet other people's eyes, but they were averted to a fully genetically transformed person.
"Heh, we seem to have made progress in something during all that chaos. Good." He thought, still not feeling sure about walking.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#10 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ravine stood watching. he looked at the girl who just started babbling questions."hey i think she wants to know your name doc." ravine said only assuming the girl was a doctor from what she wore. he then crossed his arms curious now. although now he wasnt like the full anthro in front of him he was growing black fur along his spine, had a tail, and fox ears.

bond84
Stick Animator

#11 Post by bond84 »

She glanced back at Ravine with confusion and frowning a bit

"Wait...you...you don't know who I am?"

She asked in pure confusion. Certainly anyone here would know the scientists.

"I'm Monica Meekan. Doctor Meekan I would prefer however."

She mumbled, still confused and staring at Lucretia.
She noticed the broken english only at this point and widened her eyes a bit, her mind starting to form a conclusion or at least a theory.
She spoke very slowly and very promptly

"What year is it? How long have we been out? Do...do you even know what this place is...or at least was..."

She ended, dejected and striding slowly to one of the computers she spent countless hours on, looking at the black cracked screen in disdain.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#12 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"well I don't know the doctors truly I was unconciuos when I went into the cryo tube." ravine said looking back at lucretia. "lucretia? my name is ravine, do you understand? do you speak other langueges?" ravine asked somewhat slowly with sign language as he talked. "hmm from training I am bilingual and should be able to make out langueges easily but what if this one is like Arabic?" ravine thought

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#13 Post by anonfox123 »

The temperature rose, and my brain started to whirl with activity. The adrenaline still left stewing in my head thanks to the cryo wrenched my tired eyes open, and the cybernetics interface snapped back to full speed, focusing my artificial eyes. I mumbled in surprise as I saw what was in front of my pod, my brain not ready to form words yet.

A vine, of all things, had grown across the front and keeping it from opening. How [censored] long was I in here? I blinked into AR mode, bringing up a diagnostic screen for my cybernetic arm. 100% power, thank goodness. Swapping screens with a flick of my thoughts, I dialed back the pain transmitters to about a quarter of normal. No way was I getting trapped right out of the gate. Rearing back, I struck out as hard as I could, feeling only a dull thump through the muted pain output. I'm not sure if it was the punch itself, seeing as my cybernetic arm was no stronger than a normal one, but perhaps it gave the straining pod motors a needed push, shoving the vine out of the way and letting me tumble to the floor.

I heard voices from behind the next row of pods, some broken and overrun with plant life, their occupants long gone, others still humming and frosted over.

“Pack shar mikkel.” A soft tapping. “Lucretia. Lucretia Sam-an-tha Mayes. Miu Beowulf. You?” Another voice. "Hey I think she wants to know your name doc."

I slowly, quietly got my gear from the nearby locker, hoping that any noise was covered by the tense conversation.

"I'm Monica Meekan. Doctor Meekan I would prefer however..." A pause. "What year is it? How long have we been out? Do...do you even know what this place is...or at least was..."

Turning back to the voices, several ID tags were showing up on my eyes' AR display, positions marked even through the wall of cryopods. One "Ravine Sturmovich" and "Dr. Monica Meekan" were closest to the exit, others clustered behind them.

One of the first voices spoke up. "Lucretia? My name is Ravine, do you understand me? Do you speak other langueges?"

Wait, something wasn't right. There was no "Lucretia" among the nametags projected in my mind's eye. The details were fuzzy from cryo, but they'd even been ID-tagging civilians in the middle of... whatever it was. Was it over? Were there actually tagless civilians now?

Sliding my folding survival axe into a holster and slinging my DMR across my back along with my bag, I got a grip on some vines, and climbed up one of the pods, poking my head up to see a gaggle of strangers staring at a wolf. A fully anthropomorphic wolf, clad in medieval-looking armor. Ok, seriously. How. [censored]. Long. Was. I. Out.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#14 Post by tony1695 »

Thomas brushed himself off and stared at the strange wolf-woman in ancient-style armour. "What the [censored] is goin' on?" he asked loudly. He heard the doctor introduce herself, but that really didn't seem all that important compared to what was happening around them. As he looked around, he realised that the case with all his stuff was next to his pod. After taking a moment to pull away the roots that was stopping it from opening, he wrenched the lid off and pulled out his sheathed Bowie knife. "Aww, you beaut," he whispered, holding it up.

(I fully expect this to be translated as a violent move)
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

MecaReaper
Traveler

#15 Post by MecaReaper »

I see

Takes a small sigh of relief, then takes her hand of back blade showing she means no threat. Moves her hand to the left blade on her chest and unsheathed it, flips it to where she is holding the blade instead of the handle. Walks up to Lucretia calm as can be, presents her blade as a present of good friendship.

My name is Janet nice to meet you. Here take this blade to show my friendship