Blackheart, The Binary Soul

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

Re: Blackheart, The Binary Soul

#16 Post by Phantom »

SB5 had not been noticed as he had walked down the hallway towards the automaton that had crushed a group of zombified units and then taking off down another hallway. SB5 had been impressed by the Brut strength of the Unknown unit. He had watched from a distance, and had not noticed a few zombie units getting up behind him. As he was about to make chase after the unit, he was suddenly jumped from behind as one of the zombies attacked him. Unsheathing his short sword, he performs a quick side stab, going next to his own chest plate, and penetrating the robot on top of him that lasted a few seconds before dying out.

He swirled round to find another 4 units after him. He attempts to take them out swiftly, but struggles to deal with them. Noticing that a few of them had bad eye sight, and that more damaged units were starting to head his way, he used his ring in order to create duplicates of himself, and it seemed to work. It allowed him time to swiftly with precise cuts take down the 4 zombie units headed his way. Watching the last one drop to the ground, he turns to face the hallway where the Unknown automaton headed down. He runs down the corridor at full speed, once again hearing voices and as well the sounds of another battle.

He quickly noticed that as he ran past more defective units, he had managed to enrage a few of them and attract the attention of their damaged OS's. He decided to try and find the other unit quickly before he would have more problems. As he came round the corner, he slid round onto his knee as if ready to start sprinting, looking up down the hallway as a group of enraged a corner. He looked around saw the unknown automaton and another unit. The pair of automatons look as if they just appeared to have finished fighting another group. "I-i-i-i-in coming Hostiles. <Static> Request assi-i-i-i-i-istance" he said with his heavily damaged voice ((Something like this)) as he braced for the fight to come, holding his short sword like a dagger, with the blade running along his forearm.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#17 Post by isstmich »

For once Thud heard something that wasnt the sounds of unending screams and the sound of metal smashing into other metals. he turned around to see another unit standing before him. it designated itself as a Warden class model and stated it was an Ajax unit. so far it was non-hostile and this pleased Thud. it deserved a response.

Engage: auditory systems....
WARNING! vocalizer damaged Volume set to maximum unable to lower...

"THUD NAME THUD! THUD WARDEN! AJAX WARDEN! THUD AJAX BROTHERS! AJAX HOSTILE?" he started to raise his shields in anticipation.

Designating target as "Thud". Threat level Bravo. Target does not have external ranged weapons, two shields added to target weapon list. No internal bays detected via visual scanning. Setting Target to Threat Level Alpha. Attempting communication...

The voice seemed to boom from Ajax's very hull, "Negative, I am a nonhostile unit."
He then lowered his weapon, and his voice. "What is your current objective? Have you had any contact with Command?"

Thud lowered his arms, as the words Non-Hostile registered to his system. and he immediately marked Ajax and a friendly unit and started to cross over to him. THUD AJAX FRIENDS. THUD PROGRAM, PROTECT. PROTECT ALL. THUD PROTECT AJAX." He was silent for a moment while he did an internal scan for "command" the scans came back mixed any file he found was either damaged or corrupted. most likely the cause of his failed attempts to self terminate."CONTACT CONFIRMED.SUBJECT UNKNOWN. FILES SERVERY DAMAGED./

Designating target as Allied. Updating IFF. IFF updated. Standing down.
Ajax moved his weapon to it's rest position and allowed Thud to come near him.
It was unfortunate that his newfound ally not only did not shed any light on the lack of Commands presence, but that Thud didn't appear to be the brightest of automatons. Also, though it was good that Thud had been in contact with Command, the corruption was incredibly worrisome. Hopefully it was not as bad as Ajax feared.

"Thud, request status. List in decending order corrupted OS modules, with the most corrupted first. Then list all subsystem damage to the automaton shell."

The request triggered a search sequence in Thud, filling his mind with an increasingly long wall of red texted file names, so many that his internal systems had to force quit the request. "THUD CAN NOT! REQUEST CANCELED. FILES..... EXCESSIVE." he felt sorry for his new found friend and tried to think of a new solution to it. "THUD HAS IDEA. LOCATE LESS DAMAGED UNITS." He turned abruptly and looked up to confirm he was still following the blinking lights over head. he pointed straight up and then swung his hand forward then returned it to resting position. "LIGHTS LEAD US." He then proceeded to march on at a steady pace, following the lights untill he reached a large double door. he looked at it then bashed his large shield and left shoulder into the door, throwing it open, with unneeded force.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by alex3192 »

That...was incredibly bad. How could an automaton still even be functional with that much corruption? Ajax just hoped that it didn't get any worse, for either of their sakes.
"Roger, I'll follow your lead."
Ajax watched as Thud slammed through the door, then shouldered his shotgun and came through right behind him.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Clunk gave slight concern, but eased away. He concluded that this Faeora construct was not directly harmful to him. Should he trust it though would be the next question, but he simply stated that his top priority was to leave this place, to find his “Brothers and Sisters” that this voice keeps droning on about. Clunk lain back unto the wall, drooping his hammer down as additional support.

Clunk decided to answer the Automaton’s inquiries, “Designation? Clunk: no abbreviations, no numerals, and no symbols. Just Clunk. My directive? Survive: not against death, but against insanity; as well as crushing my opponents. Priority? Exit domain.” Clunk maintained, he gave practically everything he knew, other than the killing of other automatons but that was more trivial than anything else. He examined the status of the Faeora, still in good shape, not speaking in broken encoded phrases, can hold herself relatively well.

“Well,” Clunk stated, “It looks like we should go toget…” Interrupted by another automaton with a strange cralking and static voice, certain words began to impede and repeat vowels upon communications.
"I-i-i-i-in coming Hostiles. <Static> Request assi-i-i-i-i-istance"

Clunk responded with immediate initiative. Unsure as to why, the figure looks debatable as it is, but never the less decided to help. “I will destroy my opponents in battle.” He enforced. Bracing himself as he places his left hand closer to the head of the weapon and his right hand gripping tighter nearing to the rear of the weapon. The weapon points towards the enemy, preparing to make contact like a spear ready to be rammed by the enemy. “Will you aid us, Faeora?”
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#20 Post by y7h65 »

Technomancer... The word flowed through Kita's mind and brought up memories, notes, and other data on the subject. Proportionally uncommon, a Technomancer made for a great support and offensive unit. Nodding slowly to themselves as they sifted through this additional information, Kita paused as the ground shook momentarily while the sound of something smashing through something echoed throughout the desolate building.

With a quiet "tsk", Kita raised their left hand as they came to a halt. From what they could tell, they had to guess that the origin point of the noise was at least a half dozen hall lengths away, still at least ten minutes away. This could be a mixed bag. On the one hand, only something of extraordinary strength and resilience could be able to smash through anything in this place. Anything that strong and powerful would be a dangerous enemy indeed. On the other hand, most of the purposeless so far lacked the drive or the strength to do, well, anything besides stand around and attack things that got close. It was unlikely, but not entirely out of the question, that the being that smashed through the wall was one of the Driven.

"Question," Kita started, bringing their rifle up as they spoke. "What do you suppose could have made that noise? I do not think that any of the Purposeless fought thus far are capable of doing what we just heard."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#21 Post by Lief »

"Answer: Permission denied." Six responded, letting its arm fall to its side, revolver still gripped in its hand.

Six turned, surveying the hallway once more. It could hear fighting nearby, probably down a side hall. Six wanted to avoid that, it was battered enough for now. It began moving down the hall, careful not to trip on any of the broken automatons. Especially the ones that still functioned.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by Stryder221 »

Varon's eyes flashed red for half a second at Six's negative answer.
"Current speech pattern insufficient, modifying..."

After a brief pause, it "spoke" again.
"Modification successful... Speech pattern partially corrupted... And with that said, *KRZZZK* you too. You require assistance whether you want it or not, but if you want to go alone, very well. I'll just hang back and laugh (as best as possible in current condition) when you get yourself scrapped. Maybe loot what's left, too."

True to it's word, the automaton did indeed follow, from what in it's mind was a safe distance.
(VERY far back, just in case Six lost it and started shooting.)
It kept glancing at the purposeless automatons as it tailed Six, wary that one might jump at it any second.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#23 Post by Myperson54 »

Faeora nodded. "Confirmed: I, Faeora, shall aid you in your quest!" She held aloft the axe at her side, and took a pose on top of a mechanical skull. "The power of the chandelier shall light our path!" With this declaration, the skull promptly rolled over, and Faeora fell onto her back rather clumsily. "I shall aid you as soon as I am not tripping, which I completely meant to do. Totally."

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#24 Post by Phantom »

SB5 felt slightly reassured that the unknown bots decided to fight by his side instead of fighting him. Something deep inside his systems told him to trust them, an unknown voice, the same that had been guiding him as he had raced through the halls. His relief was short, as not long after the group braced for what came, the the first of the rough bots came running, several leaping on SB5, as well as others going for the other automatons.

SB5 managed to slice a few of the bots, but finds himself quickly overwhelmed by the wave. He fights off attacks from all sides, as some of the rough bots grasp and cling on to him, weighing him down. In an attempt to slow down the bots still to come, SB5 is forced once again on his duplicates, creating another group of 5 bots nearer the passage from where the roughs seem to be flowing from. To his relief it works, and manages to distract some of the bots that are coming in now. Looking around, in an attempt to shake some of the bots that were biting his arm, one of the hydraulics in his arm is damaged and SB5 begins to lose some oil.

With a quick stab, he finishes the two bots on him, before taking in a moment to analyze the situation.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#25 Post by isstmich »

Thud looked around the central room, it was quite large and it didnt seem to have many of the maddened machines in it. there were 6 other Large double doors around the perimeter of the room each one had a name above each door. Scanning the room Thud seemed to release a noise of contention. "THUD HAS ARRIVED!NO UNITS FOUND! AWAITING ADDITIONAL UNITS!"With that he seemed to just plop down on the ground with a loud clank and almost floor denting force.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by alex3192 »

The room wasn't as dirty as those before it, but that didn't really mean much. There was still plenty of debris and bodies along the walls, but at least most of the middle of the room was clean.
Ajax followed Thud into the center of the room, then watched as he dropped to the ground.
After a second or two, Ajax's gaze wanted over to the walls for a more in-depth analysis.

Starting Area Scan

His early analysis proved to be correct, in that there didn't seem to be much of value. But something caught his eyes.

OoA detected, investigate.

Ajax slowly walked over to one of the doors. At first glance, it looked as though part of the door itself had been bent forward and warped, though up close that was not the case. Ajax could see an automaton was cleaning sliced in half by the door, and a shield had been wedged in to try and pry the door open.
Whoever did this had been trying to salvage parts from the body, but probably didn't have the strength required to open the door.

Shield found. Scans indicate shield is a Tower type shield, degradation minimal.
Attempt retrieval.

After setting down his shotgun over to the side, Ajax grabs the shield and activates clamps stored in his lower arms. Clamps then activate on his feet, anchoring him to the floor below.
His power plant spools up, and his motive systems roar while as he pries the door open.
The massive door creaks and shudders as is slowly starts to move, before giving way with a crack and slamming into the wall, denting it ever so slightly. Still anchored, Ajax disengages his clamps and tears the body off of the shield.

Engaging Combat Subsystem. Loading driver for Tower shields. Tower shield added to equipment list. Combat Subsystem disengaged. Shield appears compatible with standard mountpoints.
Storing shield.

A mount point pops out on his lower back, and Ajax swung his arms(and the shield) down until the shield was attached. After retrieving his shotgun, Ajax walks back over to Thud, who didn't seem to move much during that whole ordeal.

"So, what next?"
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

A small band of purposeless came charging; disturbed and restless, they tumbled and maimed their way to the group of the still-sane. He noticed that the still functioning, but lame in the voice, automaton was able to create a fake duplicate and slice four of the beasties. If there was a fifth one that it killed, Clunk did not see it; never the less, ten more purposeless still stood. Clunk braced for one of the rampaging, flailing purposeless coming after him; it ran straight into the pointed end of his hammer, causing it to shake frantically and end function.

Clunk kicked his foot at the deceased automaton to eject it off his hammer and braced again for another one. Again, same place, only this time with a little bit more forced. The automaton, however, did not die; it began reaching for Clunk pushing its weight onto the spear end. Clunk tried to pull back, but the automaton pushed forward. Two other automatons decided to also attack Clunk. Clunk shoved the pinned automaton off with enough forward motion, but one automaton managed to lunge at him and bite his leg. The other one attacked Clunk with a sword and clashed it on his arm and jammed it into his sockets after it used gravity to do most of the work. That automaton ruined a good percentage of clunk’s arm integrity and oil began to leak out profusely, but luckily the Channeler, who strangely calls itself a chandelier (I just caught onto that :oops:), is near Clunk.

Clunk decided to push through his currently injuries, despite a persistent program in his mind tells him otherwise. Clunk crushed the head of the one that is biting him with his boot. Pivoting on his foot, he rotated around, giving him enough speed to crush the head of the one that injured his body’s integrity with the sword. Three down, seven more to go, according to Clunk.

Another came after him, screeching deathly noises; annoyed, Clunk wacked the automaton hard enough in the jaw area to shut it up. Yet another sprawled towards Clunk. Gaining momentum with his hammer, he wacked the fifth purposeless in the legs, dropping them unto the ground for good and ending its struggle with Clunk’s final blow. A sixth one decided to try its luck; rushing, once again, at Clunk with full fury. Clunk used his pick end to swing upwards into the sixth automaton. Clunk didn’t stop there; he dragged that body upwards and, headfirst, straight into the ground behind him.

Clunk felt victorious, but four more still stood. Clunk’s last blow really gave its toll to him. The oil dipping made it hard for Clunk to stand. Making a single moment, Clunk was already on the ground. It was up to either the Jester model or the Channeler model to finish the job.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#28 Post by y7h65 »

Kita paused and slowed , raising one open palmed hand as they came to a complete stop. Focusing, they heard something in the hall ahead. The sound of metal tearing through metal and the splash of liquid hitting the floor. It was loud, loud enough for it to be approximately around the corner. From their guess, it was most likely a fight. What it was could be anything though. If it was just two swarms competing over a single resource, it'd be wiser to turn around and find a detour. A fight against multiple enemies was not one they could win easily.

Turning to Adjudicator, Kita raised a single finger to their face and motioned for them to follow slowly and closely. Drawing their naginata, Kita stuck to the wall closest to where the noise was coming from. Inching forward with caution, alert to anything that could cause a noise, they managed to get to the corner. The lighting from the hall next to them was casting a long shadow on the corner, providing Kita with some cover from the light. While the armour was undoubtedly useful, it's overtly reflective metallic trim proved to be a hassle at times.

Peering around the corner, Kita's vision was momentarily overwhelmed as they adjusted to the light. As the ebb of white and static resided, they managed to catch the tail end of a badly damaged [Gladiator] cleaving through one of the Purposeless. From a quick glance, it seemed that at least two of the units on the receiving end of the attack by the swarm were damaged. While it was likely they could fend off the swarm, it was also likely that they would require assistance afterwards. Furthermore, the chances of the other group's survival was low with the amount of damage that they had received thus far. Another four remained in between them and the group, with the possibility that more would be arriving at any second. It was fairly clear what was to be done.

Motioning with their hand for Adjudicator to remain close Kita dashed around the corner, naginata grasped tightly. The air snapped and whistled around Kita as they charged down the hallway. Before the Purposeless bringing up the rear could turn to investigate the source of the quiet whistling noise, the blade in Kita's hands was already in motion. A bronze blur was all that could be seen of the nine foot long long polearm as it moved, the four foot blade like a silver crescent moon as Kita swung the weapon. The blade parted through the unarmored Purposeless like a heated blade through soft fat, a clean line appearing from the unit's left shoulder to right hip. Kita, a white, blue, red and gold blur, passed by the Purposeless a mere second after the line appeared. The machine managed to stumble a few steps forward, trying to grab at the blur before the upper section of the machine began to slide off while it collapsed to it's knees.

The next of the Purposeless fared slightly better, having managed to turn around to face the blur. Shambling forward the unit grasped a rust marked and chipped blade and lunged forward to stab at the blur, only for the blur to sidestep at the moment. The Purposeless gazed into twin lightning bolt shaped marks framed by horns and, at it's core, felt something. Was it fear, recognition, or spite? Whatever it felt, the degraded mental state of the unit barely had time to ponder it before the blur struck out with it's leg and kicked at the legs of the Purposeless. Overextended and unbalanced, the Purposeless fell to the ground with a loud THUD. It struggled to get up for a moment before Kita drove their naginata through the back of the machine and into the ground with their left hand, pinning the weapon and the Purposeless to the ground. Without looking back or stopping Kita tapped the shaft of the weapon, a quiet ringing filled the hallway as Kita spoke.

"Lightning here."

The crackle of lightning and flash of light was all that Kita needed to know that the Purposeless was finished. Slowing their pace to a quick walk, their left hand on the sheath of their katana with their right on the grip, Kita eyed the third Purposeless. The two made eye contact before the Purposeless launched itself forward, aiming to tear at Kita with it's bare hands. Though rather fast for one of it's kind, it's actions were instinctual and easily read. Backing off while bobbing and weaving through the clawed hands of the Purposeless, Kita waited until they finally spotted an opening. In one of it's attempts to grab Kita, the Purposeless failed to notice an uneven stone and kicked into it, stumbling forward. It was a simple mistake but it lived not to learn from it. As it stumbled forward and pitched it's arms about to balance itself, Kita stepped forward and to the right, the sound of a blade being drawn filling the hall and a silver blur going past the Purposeless's head. The Purposeless stopped moving and fell to the ground, an angular section of the head from right check to left temple sliding off the rest of the skull.

Looking up, Kita managed to notice the last of the Purposeless leap at them, as if to tackle them. It gracefully flew through the air, a perfect arc to tackle Kita, only for Kita to step aside. Slamming into the ground, it was stunned into a momentary pause from smashing into the floor at a rather impressive speed. Which was to say, long enough for Kita to walk over to the downed Purposeless, step on the stunned unit, and decapitate it with a flick of the sword.

Stepping back from the still twitching body, Kita turned their attention to the group before them. Flicking their wrist to clear the fluids off the blade, Kita halted and stared at the undamaged axe wielding member of the group. The twin lightning bolts on the faceplate flickered for a moment as they looked at the group. They didn't seem to be purposeless, a clear drive behind their movements. That, however, did not mean that they would not attack them. Still, if they were friendly, they would require assistance.

"Halt and respond, unknown." Kita spoke, voice flat with tone neutral. "Are you willing to lay down arms and discuss matters or must we engage in combat?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#29 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Adjudicator-154 stared at the other Automata from its position behind Primary, occasional sparks snapping and popping out of the Nothing it had sent a circuit-frying, wire-melting bolt of electricity coursing through. Hostility towards Nothing did not mean they were different, and if Primary hadn't told it to heal them, it would not. Gladiator was damaged. Still dangerous. Channeler and Jester were behind it. Dangerous.

Power pulsed in Adjudicator's body as a thin, nearly transparent shield manifested into existence in front of Primary, covering the majority of its upper body. Such a weak defense couldn't stop more than a few attacks, but it would be long enough to retreat. Lightning arced between its fingers; if these were Nothing, they would be treated as the others behind them.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

The Factory shook in frustration. It had felt like an earthquake; everyone losing their balance amongst the swaying and the lashing. The quake stopped abruptly for some reason, however, as a siren began echoing the halls. The siren unleashed its grim message amongst the denizens of the Factory. Screeching and wailing echoed the halls as the zombified automatons run and collapse over each other to escape, leaving the poor adventurers by themselves.

“Attention. Attention.”
A male sounding voice erupted amongst the halls. “Unidentified bacteria found existing in the heart and arteries of the body. Will proceed to clean and eject.” Red beams scanned the halls, hunting for the “bacteria” it believes it is ridding; either the announcer is being rather poetic or have acquired many errors in its programming. The husks of automatons wave the active parties over, trying to get them away from the scanners. It was too late; they were captured by the red beams. Within a matter of seconds the floor of the existing parties forced them to drop into the bowels of the Factory…the asylum…the prison.

Everything is dark, the only thing that is giving light is a average size container. The container gives constant green glow from an electric pulse. What will the party do?