Blackheart, The Binary Soul

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

Re: Blackheart, The Binary Soul

#31 Post by Phantom »

SB5 awoke in the dark, its systems running checks as it slowly tried to analyze what had happened. Its damaged arm had run out of hydraulic fluid and stopped responding and it simply hung. Its vision slit flickered on as it attempted to scan its not powerful red light scanned slowly the room but it was slightly damaged and he did not manage to get much data apart from a glowing box but he noticed other figures in the room, including the two unknowns that had helped him just before.

Using his still functioning arm, SB5 pulls himself up and stands in the room. He walks over to one of the other Units he was with before and extends his hand to help it up.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by alex3192 »

Silence. Darkness. Ajax lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, with his gear scattered around him.
He had managed to right himself during the fall, but the impact must have knocked something loose and he went silent. Then, a small whine could be heard from within him, that grew and grew to a roar before settling back to it's normal low hum.

R-rest-st-start-t-t successsssssful. Initiating diagnostic.
Diagnostic complete. Minimal damage confirmed to storage medium, improper shutdown detected.
Repairing file system... Done.
Activating modules... Done.
AJAX Loaded.

The eyes burst back into existence, pinpricks of light in an ocean of darkness.
Switching to night vision
Ajax slowly got on his feet, shaking some rubble and pieces of automaton off of him in the process.
His night vision arrays were not powerful to illuminate the entirety of the room, however he did manage to find Thud over on the other side of the room. Far to his right, what looked like a small sun blazed in his night vision. Probably a light source of some kind, and Ajax made a mental note to investigate it. Looking back around him, Ajax locates his gear.
Equipment reacquired. Storing.
After collecting his gear, Ajax moved himself out of the rubble and made towards Thud, not really worrying about the noise he made.

(Yay ^^)
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#33 Post by Myperson54 »

Faeora came to her senses rather quickly, and scrambled to her feet among the pile of scrap she'd landed on. She backed up and peered into the darkness, only able to make crude shapes out of the shadows. "H-hello?" She tried to refire her headlamp, but was again met with only the pop and sizzle of another bulb. She did manage to find her allies, though, along with some other unidentified robots in the room. "... Clunk? SB5? Um, those scary guys from before who looked rather unpleasant? No offence," she added as an afterthought.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

isstmich
Grand Templar

#34 Post by isstmich »

THUD as it would seem was unaffected but the sudden relocation maybe it had something to do with him sitting on the floor as it happened or maybe his model was resistant to the shock that sudden changes in G forces made, who knew. what was certain was he was still sitting but now in a completely dark room. he registered a few more voices then the one he already new about. "THUD SPEAK NOW! ALL FOLLOW THUD VOICE, THUD TALK UNTIL ALL OTHER FIND THUD." how elegant

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#35 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Cyclopic eye flickering to dim life, Adjudicator laid still for a few moments as its simple mind ran through what had happened. It had discovered Primary. They had found others. These others were in this new place as well. First, find Primary. Second...it didn't occur to the robot that there was a second thing to do as it rose up, optic swiveling to take in the surroundings. Those others, some were damaged. Good. Less dangerous. Still, they were functional enough to communicate, which made them threats. Adjudicator took a few unsteady steps away from the group, fingers twitching.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#36 Post by y7h65 »

As the beams lit up around Kita, time momentarily slowed as instincts and battle rush kicked in. Attempting to avoid them, they sheathed their sword as they dashed to the side of the hall, glancing around. With the ground opening up underneath them, Kita confirmed that there was no safe spot to avoid falling into the pit below. The best solution was to try to bleed off as much speed as possible. As the floor finally gave way beneath them, they threw themselves at the wall. Momentum kicked in and Kita smashed into the wall even in free fall. With a silent cry of defiance, they sank their left hand into the side of the wall. Sparks kicked up as the metal of their fingers grounded themselves into the wall, leaving furrows in the stone. A quiet shriek filled their ears as the gauntlet grounded itself to scrap against the stone, a noise they ignored as they dug in deeper, slowing themselves down no matter the cost.

Finally even their fingers were reduced to scrap and their free fall continued, uninterrupted though significantly slower due to the sacrifice. With the ground nearing they twisted to face the floor and slammed into the ground chest down with their arms and legs taking the burnt of the landing. The sound of metal cracking and glass shattering could be heard as sections of the exterior armour gave way from stress. Almost as quickly as they hit the floor they were on their feet once more. The plating on their arms and legs were cracked and they were missing one hand but they suffered no damage to critical internal systems. Furthermore they had managed to keep most of their equipment, with the exception of the naginata which remained in the floor above them, and they were in a combat ready status.

When nobody rushed in to attack them, Kita let their hand drop from the hilt of the blade. Twin lightning bolts flashed as they analyzed the situation. The sound of metal shifting around them meant that they weren't the only victim of the fall that had survived. However the lack of hostilities meant that it was likely that either they were too disabled to continue combat or they were friendly. As various voices and the sounds of movement filled the room, Kita relaxed ever so slightly. It seemed that a majority of the other occupants were not purposeless. That's a relief, it saved him the trouble of having to cut through several hostiles without a hand. In any event, it was imperative he reunited with Adjudicator. Not only was the other machine a subordinate, they should also possess rudimentary healing abilities. Though it might not give them a new hand, they could at least see to it that the cracks in the armour were repaired.

Looking around, they managed to spot Adjudicator standing up among the scrap in the dim light. With a muted sigh they amped up the power running to their own set of lights. Of the lights on their body only the chest, skirt, and shoulder lights remained intact and capable of shining. Stepping into sight of the other machine, Kita gave a brief wave with their good hand.

"Excellent," They announced as they walked into sight. "You have survived the fall as well. While I can claim the same, I cannot say that I survived in as good of a condition as you did. If it is within your ability, I would prefer a minor patching before whatever beast decides to set itself upon us."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by alex3192 »

Ajax stopped dead in his tracks.
Combat subsystem engaged. Threat level Delta.
Multiple unknowns detected, assuming hostile.
WARNING: Ammunition critical. Targets not recognized.

Ajax's voice boomed throughout the room.
"I am a warden class automaton, ID 551AJX. Identify yourselves.
He turned, and assumed a defensive position, eyes firmly locked on the glowing automaton.

(I am currently targeting Kita. I'm a bit far away from the light source so I'm having to rely primarily on my own, but kita sticks out like a radioactive christmas tree. Sitting close to the radioactive christmas tree that is the light emitter for the room. :wink: )
Massage body:

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

“Heh, heh, heh.” A crackling laugh within the darkness occurred, a foreign but peculiar voice echoed from the shadowed abyss. Lights as bright as the sun pierced through the obscurity and revealed a skeleton figure, poorly made and sinister looking. “A patch work? You are correct gladiator; you will need healing, just as that one over there, the one bleeding.” The horrific being pointed its grimly hand towards Clunk, currently propping himself up with his war hammer. “But waste not your precious magic young ones. Heh, heh. For the beasties, you will need to overcome. I suggest a more efficient way of healing…for now. Heh, heh, heh, ha, ha, ha.” He moved his rusted old finger to the glowing object. “It’s an Outlet, few and far between in the world, but they allow us to regain our constitution and rebirth if we were to die. Heh, heh. Oh sorry, you must be curious as to I am, a rusty old fool giving advice to young fresh oiled bots like you? Celeste is my name, and I have been corralling the young potential bots away from this place, away from the constant agony that brews here. I have yet to see an active party come to light since…well… nearly a hundred years. All alone, kept down here in the dark, the only thing keeping me sane is the constant shrieks of terror haunting the abyss to remind myself that I am still active as I leach off this outlet. Oh, try and use them sparingly. Heh, ha, ha, ha.” Not like any of them would have asked nor cared about the pile of heap that spoke in rasps, however the eerie apparently loved to take liberty into saying what he wished. Never the less, he aided the now confused and dazed party with the knowledge of the Outlet.

Clunk was now interested in this mythical device known as the Outlet now. Giving no chance for a second wind with the crazed being, Clunk marched towards the enigmatic machine, waiting for it to heal him.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#39 Post by Phantom »

SB5 helped up Clunk as the skeletal figure appeared and began his speech. He watched as the figure described the glowing machine, and as Clunk suddenly made his way there. However, internal alarms were going off and he did not trust as much the others that had appeared to have been trapped together. SB5 followed cautiously behind Clunk, his arm on his short sword ready should there be more action. As he did so, he also attempted to scan some of the other bots in order to try and identify potential weak spots and to be able to obtain more information.

He also had found the other unit that had been with them before the floor had given way. He attempted again to communicate, but his voice module had gotten no better than before as it crackled when he attempted to put any sentences together. "What is our-r-r-r current *static* mis-s-s-ion?" he manages to ask the others as he takes another look at the group. He did not feel comfortable in his current state, being wounded and by far one of the smaller bots of the group, he did not expect to last long should a fight break out.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#40 Post by Myperson54 »

Faeora managed to pick out SB5 and Clunk in the light of the "outlet" thing. She made a few mental notes:
1. They were alive - Good.
2. They were approaching a glowey-spacey thing - Maybe not good, possibly.

"Well, as a first course of action, I recommend not dying. Seems rather prudent given our situation. And well, I don't feel entirely comfortable around this outlet thing. How do we know it's really a healing thing?" She paused. "... I can do that too, you know. I think."

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#41 Post by Stryder221 »

Two small blue lights flickered to life as Varon regained "Consciousness".
I am... still alive...?
Upon realizing that he wasn't in automaton hell, the bot scanned his immediate area.

He registered the fact that he was now surrounded by numerous, unknown automatons.
But that wasn't important. Well, not as important as the fact that one of his legs, the right, now refused to respond.

Turning his head to investigate, he saw why. There was a knife stuck in his [censored], his own knife. If he were human, he'd have died from the humiliation. Or blood loss. Or tetanus. Something.
As it was, quite a few wires were slashed, severing connection to the leg. That was better than death, but not by all that much, as he'd die anyway with the loss of mobility.

How that event happened in the first place, though, he didn't know. Varon decided to claim that one, no, a horde of the purposeless attacked if anyone asked. If that didn't work, though, he'd have to shoot someone. Probably himself.

After discreetly extracting the knife from his rear and putting it at his side, the bot tried, and failed, to stand, only managing to get into a kneeling position, while analyzing his surroundings at the same time.

Battle systems: Engaged.
Estimated danger rating: High. Multiple unknown beings detected. Exercise extreme caution.
Damage level: Moderate. Repair ASAP.
Error: Right leg not responding.
IMPORTANT: Outlet detected. Recommended action: *File not found*.

Search: Outlets

Searching...

Error: Data corrupted.

Typical.

Deciding on diplomacy rather than aggression, aggression obviously being a monumentally horrid idea right about now, Varon had tried to speak.
Only... He couldn't. All that came out was a horrible, ear-splitting nails-on-chalkboard screech.

The fall somehow damaged his ability to speak, it seems. So much for that, then.
The bot grabbed his rifle off the ground, prepared to defend himself if need be. His ability to aim was still in ideal condition, at least.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by alex3192 »

No response detected, lowering threat level to Charlie.
Notice: Outlet detected!
Error: Outlet database corruption detected, assume due to incomplete shutdown.
Outlet identified as _______, type ______. Analyzing. Recommend Outlet be used to repair hull and critical subsystems of unit Thud.

Ajax turned to Thud. "Thud, follow me to the light source at... 122 degrees relative. There is a repair unit that we can use to get you fully operational again."
Ajax was confident that, if it came to it, his and thud's strength and durability would overcome any obstacle that the other automatons might pose.
Though, it never hurts to hope for a nonviolent solution, especially with such a small amount of ammunition.
Massage body:

isstmich
Grand Templar

#43 Post by isstmich »

When the lights flared on THUD's optics clicked off for a moment then flipped back on and took a moment to adjust. he looked around and started adding the other units to his non-hostile and even his Friend category, that was until he looked at Celeste who was already registered as a friend... with a surprisingly high level of defense priority. THUD ran a scan on the unit before him and it all came up corrupted. whoever this "friend" was, THUD didnt know him anymore and he didnt seem to know THUD either.

it was then that Ajax told him to go into the Light source, when THUD looked at it, a tool tip labeled OUTLET popped up near it. yes he knew what the outlet was, happily he stood up and what could almost have be called "skipped" to it. The door to the machine opened when he approached it and THUD stuck his arm inside. The green light seemed to take on a life of its own at that point as it latched onto THUD's arm and in a ring moved up his arm, expanded then crossed over his chest and head down his other arm and over his torso leading to the floor. All the nicks and chinks in his body were repaired and some of his internal functions were fixed too.

"THUD HAS BEEN REPAIRED TO A DEGREE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO COMBAT BUT DOES NOT YET STILL OPERATE AT HIS FUNCTIONALITY FROM BEFORE MASS HARD DRIVE CORRUPTION!" A full sentence, amazing his volume control didn't seem to be fixed however shame....

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#44 Post by Lief »

Six's reflexes were good, but not quite good enough. Just before the floor opened up underneath him, he managed to draw his left pistol and take out the source of the beam. But it had already seen him. If he had lips, he would be wearing a crazed smile. The kind someone has when they're about to die and they know it, but aren't afraid. And then the floor swallowed him, and everything went black.

But that wasn't the end, as much as Six would have liked it to be. He was far too old by his standards. Or were they the standards of those who made him? It didn't really matter, because he was still kicking. The single red eye blinked into existence again, lighting a small area around his face.

"That fall should've been deadly. And yet I'm online and seem to be in-" Before Six could finish, a diagnostic started, listing everything that was broken or otherwise damaged.

Diagnostic Start
ERROR: Corrupted Data Detected
Repair? Y/N
Y
Repairing
Repair complete
WARNING: Unable to repair Data Block labeled: Memory
Purge? Y/N

Well, that's strange. Six had a very vivid memory of the room he awoke in. He had been in that room for a long, long time.

N
Continuing Diagnostic
Mental Facilities deemed sufficient
Physical Diagnostic Start
WARNING: Left Arm deemed nonfunctional
WARNING: Right Hand deemed nonfunctional
WARNING: Chest Plate severely damaged
WARNING: Jaw not found
WARNING: Head Casing lightly damaged
Diagnostic complete
Total Errors Found: 349
305 Errors Repaired
Total Warnings: 94

Six laughed quietly, knowing it should've ran mental diagnostics after it awoke. The physical diagnostic was worrisome, though. He was more or less out of commission as it stood... But maybe he could do something about that.

The crumpled pile of rusted metal that was Six sat up, untangling itself from the broken automaton he found himself with. Once that was done, he looked himself over. Six's left arm was missing both halves of the forearm plates, as well as the shoulder plate, and the bicep casing had a large dent in it. And while he couldn't see it, he determined by how nonresponsive it was that the shoulder and wrist joints were dislocated.

As for his right hand, the middle finger was twisted in a manner that shouldn't be possible, the ring finger was missing, and the pinky was snapped off to the side. The index finger and thumb were still functional, though the broken steel rod shoved through the palm was hampering their movement.

His chest plate looked like it was about to become a puzzle with how many cracks ran through it. It was intact, but likely couldn't take any more damage. His head was going to have to wait, as there wasn't exactly a mirror around and with a steel rod through his one working hand he couldn't really feel for any damage.

With several creaks and groans, Six forced his battered body into a sitting position. Raising his right hand, he glared at it for a moment before slamming it down onto his knee. The steel rod flew out and clattered on the ground some distance away, allowing Six the use of his hand again. Next was dealing with his left arm.

Assuming he was correct, putting his wrist and shoulder back into place should allow use of the arm again. The wrist was easy enough. Bracing the arm against his torso, Six grabbed his left hand with the barely functioning right and shoved it inwards, a somewhat loud 'pop' signalling the joint was back in place. Now the shoulder. Gripping it as tightly as was possible with only his index finger and thumb, Six began forcing the shoulder joint back into its socket. After a moment of creaking, scraping metal, the joint popped back into place, significantly louder than the wrist.

With both arms at least mostly functional, his next objective was to actually check his surroundings. There were several other automatons around, it seemed. Talking amongst themselves or otherwise not aware of his presence. There was also the green light, which an internal database helpfully identified as an Outlet, even giving him a short blurb about its healing and ressurective properties. Helpful.

Next, his revolvers. One of them was still in the holster on his right hip, though he wasn't sure he could fire it with the condition his hand was in. The left was...? He ran a quick calculation through his processors, determining it to be somewhere to his immediate left. Turning to look, Six found it less than a meter away. Thankfully it was still intact.

Now that he held it comfortably in his hand, it was time to reveal himself, assuming none of the automatons had detected his presence due to how noisy he was during his hasty self-repair. Six climbed to his feet, grip tightening on the revolver in his left hand.

"Oi! Anyone seen my [censored] jaw?"

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#45 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Out-let?" Adjudicator stumbled over the new word, fingers twitching as it tried to puzzle out its new situation. Were the others no longer dangerous to Primary or itself? The simple robot looked to Primary for direction, eye adjusting itself rapidly back and forth. "Action?"

"It is to my belief," Kita said slowly, the twin lightning bolts glowing in full as their gaze slow swept over the other machines. "That the machines present are of no current danger to ourselves. Therefore we may trust them to, at a minimum, give us the courtesy to not strike us down without fair warning."

They rotated their shoulders, pneumatic pumps and motors whining in protest at the motion. They flinched at the noise. While none of their critical internal systems had been damaged by the fall, it seemed that a few noncritical systems were still damaged. With a sigh, Kita glanced back to Adjudicator.

"If you wouldn't mind, I would prefer to be repaired by your hands rather than that machine there. I simply don't trust it to accomplish the job to my standards."

Holding out a pair of glowing hands, Adjudicator began repairing the damage it could sense within Primary, power steadily flowing from its own core into the more heavily injured robot. If the submissive robot had been capable of more complicated thoughts than immediate actions, it would have probably chosen to use the Outlet on grounds of seeing what would happen so that Primary would be informed, or perhaps simply because it would have trusted the others more.

Unfortunately, Adjudicator could barely comprehend what happened around it much less perform critical thinking. "Action?"

"Thank you." Kita said offhandedly to Adjudicator as they 'popped' their shoulder, the mechanics hissing and whirring softly. Seems they were back in action without any hinderance. With that they turned to the rest of the machines present, resting their hands on their blades, and spoke while remaining on guard.

"For now, stand by and await. We must figure out where we are and who the rest of our fellows here are." Answering Adjudicator's question, they faced the other machines and began to address the group of them. "I believe that we are stuck in this pit together for the time being. I believe it is for the better that we introduce ourselves to each other. Allow me to begin; I am designated as KITAKAZE 3275 though I refer to myself as Kita. I am built to the Gladiator standard template, though a speed and precision based one."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.