Blackheart, The Binary Soul

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Blackheart, The Binary Soul

#46 Post by alex3192 »

Ajax watched as Thud was repaired, and suddenly felt much better about their chances. Thud appeared to be fully repaired, externally at least. However, his continued lack of volume control meant that the Outlet didn't fix Thud's AI damage. Maybe if he went all the way in? In any case, this was the greatest concentration of fully operational, minimally corrupted automatons Ajax had ever seen. Though they seemed to be neutral, if not friendly, the influx in numbers meant trouble if things went downhill.

Ajax turned towards the pair of automatons once the leader (Designate Alpha 1-1, assume high mobility due to build profile) started speaking.
Updating UID... Done.
Redesignate Alpha 1-1 Kitakaze 3275, type GLADIATOR. Callsign "Kita"

"I will go next," Ajax announced.
"I am 551AJX, callsign 'Ajax.'
I am based on the Warden template, with optimizations for short to mid-range combat, along with increased mobility and strength.
I am currently attempting to locate Command, in order to receive my assigned instructions."
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#47 Post by Myperson54 »

Faeora was less skeptical about this outlet now she'd seen Thud go through it, which was a good thing, as she apparently only knew basic healing. Or so her databanks told her; She didn't know if they were accurate, considering the disrepair the other AI seemed to be in.

These other AI seemed safe enough; that is, they weren't attacking each other at random, so they must be. Or that's how Faeora assumed things worked here. Dangerous people would also by nature be crazy. That made sense, right? She took stock of the others in the room and catalogued them by name and class as they introduced themselves. She was pleasantly surprised to see both the larger models functioning well after the fall. She was less pleasantly surprised to learn they were both Heavy-Class.

Alright, so they might be dangerous. Maybe. Time to make friends with the scary people.

"As long as we're giving introductions," she said, tripping once again into the blueish glow of the Sparkplug-From-Space, "I'm Faeora: the Female Artificial ElectrOrganism, A-type." The scary people looked less scary if she squinted. (Or pretended to. Can you squint a camera?) "My directive is currently not dying, to the best of my ability."

Then, as an afterthought: Oh, and I'm a Chandelier!"

Nailed it.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

isstmich
Grand Templar

#48 Post by isstmich »

Thud looked around and started assigning names to the people that were talking. when Faeora spoke however Thud seemed to get excited and chipped in his name and model. "THUD NAME THUD. THUD STANDS FOR TRIPLE HARDENED ULTRA DEFENDER, THUD IS A WARDEN CLASS MODEL OF THE THUD SERIES. THUD PRIMARY DIRECTIVE IS TO PROTECT." He walked right up to Faeora and placed his hulking arm over the much smaller robot. "FAEORA IS HEALER CLASS, THUD IS PROTECTOR CLASS WE ARE NOW BEST FRIENDS!" he pulled his arm a little jiggling Faeora into him.

"MY PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE...." a wall of corrupted files shot up on his HUD it seems most of what he knew was not usable at this time a few files weren't corrupted. "DEFENSIVE COMBAT AND CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT INVOLVING SHIELDS."

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#49 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

“And I am Clunk. Gladiator Class TM number GF-100-3005-2324-5367 of the mark III series.” Clunk stated along with the rest. His arm was healed by the machine, but he could tell that the machine won’t fix all the problems. “Preferred weapon: Warhammer. Preferred fighting style: Light-weight and hard-hitting.”

“Good, good. Its better Synchronize with each other and venture forth. Danger lies ahead and they will only get worse. Most didn’t know that before it was too late, they were turned into scrap and rusted into purposeless.” Celeste remarked on the group taking the time to know each other. Little will they know that they will become their brothers and sisters as well as their worst enemies. Their entire lives will revolve around each other and feed off each other in order to survive this dying world. Celeste assumed a smile upon his grim grinning face. “Well now, ye best be off and keep your purpose. It will be your best friend, and the only reason to stay sane. Oh, and I still affirm that you lot utilize the Outlet, if not for healing then for a confirmed point for revival. Who knows how far away you’ll ‘rejuvenate’ when you are scrapped apart.

"As for me, however, I best stay here for another set of you lot come around and guide them as well. It is my purpose and therefore the only thing keeping me from eating myself dry."
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#50 Post by Phantom »

SB5 watched as several of the units used the outlet to repair their damages. While it did not seem to fix some of their defaults, it helped restore their wounds, probably sustained during a fight with the basic units earlier. Cautious, SB5 approaches the Outlet. It slowly begins to repair his broken his damaged hydrological piston in his arm, restoring it to its former condition. SB5 examines the his arm and the Outlet once again curious but relieved that his arm is once again functional.

However SB5's voice module was still damaged and he did not manage to communicate very well. "This-s-s-s-s Unit is des-s-s-ignated as Shadow Blade X-05 Je-e-e-ster Class." he manages to say with a bit of static. Not realizing it, he maintains a close distance towards Clunk and the other Channler, Faeora out of instinct, being one of the smaller units among the group.

He listened to the aged unit that was guiding the group, and follows close to the others, remaining silent and alert.

((Sorry for the delay))

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#51 Post by y7h65 »

"Excellent," Kita muttered to themselves quietly, dedicating the names of those present to memory. "Now that we are acquainted, I believe it will be in our best interests to discern a way out of this room. That is to be our overall long term objective. However..." At this they trailed off, twin lightning bolts flashing as they glanced at those present and made note of the injuries and damages present. The damages could be prove problematic if left unchecked. While they themselves were not quite one to trust a supposed miracle cure the evidence suggested that the "Outlet" could, in the short term, provide as a means to repair damage. While Adjudicator could perform the same functions, it would be better that such repair work be reserved for emergency patching. With the options placed before them, it seemed that there was only one option available that would prove to be useful.

Sighing as they rested their head in their hands, Kita glanced about one more time before picking up they speech once more. "However our short term goal would be to ensure that everyone is currently in maximum fighting condition or, failing that, as strong as possible. Though I personally do not trust that machine," Spitting out the word with as minimum venom as they could, they motioned at the "Outlet" with their off hand as they spoke. "It would be unwise to deny it's abilities. While my current companion is more than capable of healing, I believe it would be best we reserve their abilities for critical situations. If you are injured, please make your way to the Outlet and see to it that you are patched up. Afterwards, it would be best that you attempt to complete the next objective. That is to say, find an exit. When and if you discover something, it will be preferable you announce the findings to the group as a whole. That will alert us to both your location and the necessity for combat intervention. Seeing as those present have yet to become Purposeless, I believe I may trust you to complete your tasks as assigned or otherwise rot in this room. I, for one, do not plan on that."

Spinning on their heels, Kita turned around and begin making their way towards a darker patch of room. Could they trust those present? Maybe, maybe not. But as it stood, the situation dictated that it was necessary to at least rely on those present to accomplish their assigned task. The older Automaton mentioned others having gone before them. If that was the case, there had to be an exit, they knew it. Escape was at hand and they only had to push a bit further to achieve it. As they stepped into the shadows Kita ordered softly, confident that the one being they could trust was present.

"Adjudicator if you could provide some more light it would be ideal. My own illumination is, sadly, not suited for our current tasking of attempting to discover fine details."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#52 Post by Myperson54 »

Faeora didn't like this Kitakaze character. It was rather high-strung, or so it would seem, and she didn't like that. In Faeora's mind, there was nothing worse than a big angry person who also seemed to think they were superior.

Of course, Kita was correct. They needed to find a way out, and they weren't going to do that by sitting around chatting. Sighing, she stepped forwards and said, "I agree. I'm not entirely comfortable with the prospect of being trapped in here with bots I don't know, but I'm less comfortable with the idea of still being here when we're jumped by the Purposeless." She reached out to the Outlet, then hesitated, unsure of what to do next. "To be fair, I'm also kind of wary about this overgrown sparkplug." She edged closer tentatively, arm outstretched, and poked it, producing a solid thud. "Sorry," she whispered sheepishly.

She took a step closer and, tilting her head away a tad, thrust her arm, grasping, into the light. Instantly, she felt dings and scratches on her hull vanish, and it might have been her imagination, but she could almost feel her hydraulics being refilled. Cool. Also, gross. She stepped fully into the light, letting it embrace her, fix her errors, and stepped out again, feeling significantly improved. "Wow," she muttered, "I really needed that, huh."

Walking over to one corner of the room, she began to search for a button or switch of some kind. Hoping her lights had been fixed, she closed turned off her eyes, and.... nothing happened. They were still broken. She sighed and let her head hit the wall, popping a bulb with a flash of (painfully ironic) light.

"Figures."

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by alex3192 »

Ajax walked over to the outlet. He hadn't suffer more than a few lost pieces of paint and some scratches yet, so he was unsure if it would serve any purpose to attempt to use it. However, if what the extremely damaged automaton said is true, it would be very bad to be disabled and then find himself alone and unarmed. So with a seconds hesitation, Ajax stepped into the outlet. At once, he could feel the energy flowing through hem, gently probing for any damage to repair, but finding little. After a second the light vanished, leaving the area around him dark again. He knew SOMETHING was repaired, though for the life of him he could not find what was. In any case, he carefully stepped out of the outlet so as to minimize any possible damage. (More instinct than habit, but still)

Ajax came to a stop a few feet from Faeora. "Faeora, I am eqipped with a class six low level vision system. If you have an onboard nearfield communications array, I can give you a real time video feed. We'll have to stay fairly close to each other, but you'll be able to see," At this, Ajax gestured, "out there."
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#54 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Adjudicator watched Primary as it finished speaking, faulty memory whirring to life. Instead of complying with Primary's command, the robot began to walk towards the Outlet, voice once again far more confident and inflected. "Th-Th-The Outlet is a device for the purposes of ba-a-a-sic repair and revival." It recited, raising both arms into the Outlet. The assorted cracks and scratches on Adjudicator's body began to fade.

"Utilizing un-unknown methods, speculated to be derived from the father of all Automatons, Outlets provid-d-de lim-limited immortality by reviving fallen Automatons linked to the Outlet. Usage of s-s-said Outlet is highly advantageous for future survival." As before, as Adjudicator's recital ended, it reverted into its somewhat mindless state, staggering back to Kitakaze's side and conjuring a soft light as it returned.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.