Southbound: Relics of the Past

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past

#46 Post by y7h65 »

The arrow slammed right into the head of the golem. For a moment nothing happened before the sound of gears coming undone filled the hall. Smoke and fire poured out of the head as the golem dropped to the ground, still as a statue. Emboldened by his success, Issac continued to fire arrows whenever possible. Advancing down the hallway, the few golems remaining were batted aside by a combination of arrows, a massive sword, and fireballs. The hall behind them were soon littered with the flaming and smoking wrecks of golems and the scent of melted iron filled the room.

Making it to the door at the end of the hall first, Ashley smashed aside one more golem only to stop suddenly stop herself by slamming her blade into the ground behind her and anchoring herself. The tile, covered in fine detailing that may have taken years to accomplish, was ruined in an instance. Letting her sword free, Ashley walked up to the door and observed it closely for a moment before turning to the group.

"Well..." She began, a grin on her face. "I kind of expected this. Getting past such an obvious deathtrap would be too easy if it could be solved easily after all." With that she motioned at the massive stone door with her free left hand. The closed stone door. Though there were a set of craters in the place where a tall male's hands would be if her were to push the door open, the door had been shut tight. Whether this meant that door was never opened or just closed shut behind it couldn't be discerned.

She sighed bemusedly before flexing herself slightly. "Well, at least it doesn't seem like any more golems are appearing over on our side. Add that to the fact that you cut off the other side, this only means that this hallway is about to flood." She said her last sentence with an almost beatific sagelike tone, nodding to herself assuredly. "Thank fully! I'm sure there's some sort of trick to getting this door to o-"

Ashley's explanation was cut off as the sound of thunder echoed throughout the hallway, coming from the barricades. Another clap of thunder and a rough claw mark could be seen in the stone of the barrier. A third and the barrier shattered into dust and stone fragment. Taking slow but steady steps, each of which vibrated through the room, a golem strided forth; the being was almost eight feet tall and each move seemed to cause the various plates that composed it to ripple. In the hands arcs of energy jumped from bladed claw to bladed claw. It observed the room, seven baleful red eyes glowing in the dark of the hallway. Even without the light of Allison's fireballs, the being seemed to contain a glow of it's own and the scent of ozone began to be noticeable in the hallway. Behind it, the glow of the larger golem revealed dozens of smaller golems pouring through the hole in the barricades. The quickly made their way to the ruins of the other golems and began to take apart the fallen brethren on the ground, growing ever so slightly as they did. After a moment, with the smallest golem almost six feet tall, the golems began to slowly advance on the group.

Almost as soon as the first golem moved a centimeter towards the group Ashley spun around and cracked her knuckles. "OKAY THEN! Well!" She said, a hint of nervousness seeping into the girl's voice. "Correction! Dragon fight! Not a deathtrap! I'll work on getting this door open, you guys make sure they don''t, uh, kill me while I do this."

Cracking her neck, Ashley grabbed her necklace like a charm and muttered something underneath a breath. To anyone who paid attention, the words "bull clear the path" could be discerned. After a second intricate glowing blue and white jagged scar like lines began to appear over her clothes, armour, and skin. Covering every inch of her body, save her head, the lines were of the same interconnected design, like a full body tribal tattoo. The lines and the light seemed slightly blurred, giving Ashley the appearance of movement even while she was still. With a beastial roar she charged the door and slammed into it, her two hands just slightly below the craters already on the door.

For a moment nothing happened. Then, slowly, the door began to creak and shift ever so slightly. It would still take a few minutes before Ashley could get it open to the point where anybody but Naoko could get through. At their current pace the Golems would be upon them within a half minute. From how they continued to stride forever, it seemed that Naoko's illusion had failed.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#47 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Keep them busy!" Allison shouted, dashing over next to Ashley.

"With what?" Valentine exclaimed, conjuring a thin layer of nearly frictionless gel on the floor ahead to try and trip the approaching enemies. A wave of relatively smaller rocks than last time was sent flying to help them along their way to the ground, along with another barrier of fallen tiles and rock that formed to stop them from skidding into the much fleshier side. "I can't vaporize metal!"

Naoko tugged on Isaak's shirt to get his attention, rather unconcerned if a bit tired. "They're gonna be tired. I think you should wait."

"Move back for a moment, Ash." Allison brought her hands together once, the clap resonating louder than should have been possible. Red sparks hissed from the joining of her hands before she slammed them against the door next to Ashley.

Alchemy was a funny thing. Everyone had their own ideas of how the details worked, and how one altered the material around them, but the most important rule was simple enough: Matter must be preserved. Of course, the fun part was changing its form.

In this case, a straight block through the door large enough to fit any of them in single file was demanded by Allison's alchemy to turn into dust.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#48 Post by Ketzal »

Isaak didn't wait for the golem to finish assembling before he began slinging arrows once again, aiming for it's "eyes", or whatever openings it was using on its head. Unfortunately, the holes were much smaller targets than the lesser golems', and each arrow simply bounced harmlessly off of its faceplate.

"Sure, keep them busy. Want us to move any mountains while you're at it?!" He shouted back. Dammit, this is bad! What the hell are we going to do against that thing?! He heard a sizzle behind him, and turned to see Allison working some kind of magic on the door. Whatever it is, it better be fast...

A tug on his sleeve brought his attention to V's familiar. He raised an eyebrow and looked back at the golems. "Not that I don't believe you or anything, but those things look far from getting tired!" He knocked an arrow and shot at the nearest golem, once again pinging off of its armor. Isaak swore. Goddammit, we're running out of time!

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#49 Post by Furasian »

Furasian & Gabriel of Creosha Collab

Two figures walked through the city of Runes during it's typical daily routines, one that seemed to be enveloped in a cloak and the other that could be seen as a man who was of a more friendly presence to be around. The mysterious cloaked one paused for a moment in his tracks, speaking in a quiet tone to the man. "Well.. I guess we're here, the city of Runes... Keep an eye on your stuff, these faces can't always be the truth." It said, movement shifting around under the fabric of his cloak as a hand wrapped in bandages emerged from the cloak, wrapping around the sling attached to a rifle that hugged it's back. The voice was quiet, but to the keen ear along with the man being spoke to it could be found that is was a voice associated with a male.

The druid, with an almost dopey smile, responded to the courier. "Don't worry friend. I've nothing worth stealing. Maybe my stag's knife... but it is easy to remake." The druid looked around, taking in a breath of air slowly. This place was definitely not the forest. A movement inside of his pack got his attention, and he lifted up the flap, letting skye peak around. "Like it here skye?" The fox seemed to respond, making a mix of a squeak and a gentle hmmph. "I think You'll get used to it. But I agree, this definitely isn't the forest."

"That's for sure.." The figure replied, it's eyes wandering about the streets as it continued speaking. "It's been a long time since I stepped in civilization... Ever since I ran away I guess I was stuck in the forests. So, should we find somewhere to stay? We can maybe discuss what to do next when we settle down somewhere." The question came out in a more casual tone compared to the cautious whisper the conversation started off with, the druid's words being rather convincing for the figure to drop its guard.

The druid smiled, looking at his friend. "We should find some place that accepts vagrants." Skye moved around in his pack for a moment, settling with her snout just peeking outside of the pack. "I'm unsure if you have any money, but as of right now, all I can pay with is jerky. Even if I do have a lot, I'm unsure of if the inns will let us barter." The mesa clan druid looked around for a moment, trying to look around for an inn. "On that note, I haven't been in a city in ages. so... You'll have to find an inn, if that's what you're looking for."

The figure nodded with a big grin, pulling the hood of it's cloak to unveil a wolfish face, the bandaged hands rummaging under the cloak to pull out folded slips of paper, waving them infront of the Druid. "We are too far away from my kingdom for them to send people after me.. But perhaps we can use these notes? We can identify ourselves as negotiators or ambassadors to the inn and they might let us stay for abit for free! Bullet proof plan, eh?" The courier stuffed the letters away back under his cloak before slowly looking up and down the streets, spotting a hanging sign next to the door with the image of a grapevine on it. "That's probably our ticket there."
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#50 Post by Lief »

Kaylin was lost. Oh so hopelessly lost. But she enjoyed it. Well, most of the time. She'd been wandering through a jungle for about four hours now, and it was starting to get annoying. Half an hour ago, she heard some voices, but in trying to follow them just managed to get even more lost. As if that was even possible. With a slight frown, Kaylin pushed a fern out of her way, careful to avoid it flying back and hitting her. Have to be careful in jungles, the slightest scratch can turn into a deadly infection. Not that she had to worry about that too much, since the only thing uncovered was her neck and face.

Pushing aside another fern, Kaylin felt a sudden... Tingling in the back of her mind. It was a feeling that accompanied being nearby a spirit, those that were particularly in-tune with the spirit world could use it like a compass, or so she had heard, but she wasn't that in-tune. It felt particularly unique this time, compared to the few other times she felt it. Perhaps it was a stronger spirit? Unfortunately, she could only tell the general area it was in, so if it wasn't materialized she wouldn't be capable of finding it. The fact she felt it at all meant she was in the general area.

Then an idea occurred to her, and she stopped walking, taking her backpack off and setting it in front of her. Crouching in front of it, Kaylin opened the pack and began fishing for the old coin she threw in there recently. Finding it, she pulled it out and set it down on some nearby leaves. The coin was definitely old, and judging by the hole that was cut in the center, not one of Castam's many currencies. The coin designs in Castam varied by area, but all were solid gold, no such holes cut in them. Not to mention the dull silvery sheen visible underneath all the grime. Getting to work, Kaylin retrieved her gold pouch and drew her dagger, cutting the string that held the pouch closed.

Tossing the now useless pouch, and the gold contained within, into her backpack, she set about tying the string to the old coin. Once finished, she closed the backpack and sheathed her dagger, then hefted the pack onto one shoulder, keeping the dangling coin held in her left hand. Now all that was left was to enchant the hastily-crafted object. Holding the coin up, Kaylin concentrated on it and mumbled something incoherent. Faint yellow sparks danced along her fingers, down the string, and along the coin, before disappearing entirely.

For a moment, the coin just dangled there on the string, uselessly. Then it began to defy gravity, and angle itself in a specific direction. West, Kaylin guessed. She started off in the direction it was pointing at a fast walk, and before too long came across a small clearing in front of a cliff face. Glancing towards the sky, she found the sun was in a position that made it very difficult to tell if her directional abilities were improving. They likely weren't. She felt gravity take hold in the coin that was attached to the string, and stuffed it in a pocket, deciding that she was close enough to the spirit that the measly enchantment was incapable of leading her closer.

Kaylin spotted a small cave off to the side, but still within the small clearing. That was where she needed to go next, then. Probably.
For now, the clearing offered an acceptable resting place. She approached the lone rock in the clearing, and sat on the edge, letting her pack slide off her shoulder and hit the ground with a soft 'thunk' and a jingling of coins.

"I hate jungles."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#51 Post by y7h65 »

Spirit Side
As she was pushed back, Ashley opened her mouth to give a shout of protest before the lightning started to fly off Allison's hands. Watching with curious eyes the blonde seemed to gape slightly as a passage was created from the solid stone, awe shining in her eyes. Said awe shined for only a moment before Ashley's eyes darkened, her brow furrowing. She tilted her head slightly to the left, a hand coming up to support her head as she gazed at the passage with troubled eyes. The gears could be clearly heard spinning in her head for about five seconds before Ashley continued.

"So, uh, that's neat and all," Ashley said with a certain uncertain twinge in her voice. "But how do you plan to close it up?" The blonde's brow furrowed further before she shrugged and grinned. "Welp, we'll solve that problem later!"

With that Ashley bounded through the passage, her massive cleaver like blade trailing behind her, and into the darkness on the other side. A second had barely passed before the blonde's head appeared on the other side of the passage, the previous grin gone and a frown on her face.

"Well, call this a hunch," She started, concern filling her voice as she slowly trailed off. "But I think we're almost at the Big Bad's lair."

As the group made their way through the passage they could quickly see what the shorter blonde meant. The chamber itself was fairly standard for the rest of the complex, roughly square in shape. There were four doors in the room, though the one on the group's left and right have apparently suffered from some sort of internal collapse. Rubble was piling onto the ground, the stone doors laying on the ground sundered. The only entrances were behind them and directly across. However, that was not the odd thing of the room. The odd part was the fact that the chamber was lit, unlike the previous one. The entirety of the room was permeated with a blackish purple glow radiating from a gap in the door across the chamber.

The glow from across the room also drew the eye to the tiles of the wall closest to that door and soon, to the tiles in the entire . While they were the same in that the tiles were stone with fine crystal work the crystals themselves were odd. They glowed with a sick yellowish green colour, tinted slightly crimson by some liquid that covered a majority of the floor and room in the chamber. If that in itself was not clear as to what was coating the floor, the sharp metallic scent in the air was enough of a hint for anyone with a basic sense of smell to understand what the floor was coated in.

Looking closely, you could almost see something fuzzy growing over the floor close to the door, the material coating several roughly spherical lumps.

Clearing Side
Without warning a rumble of stone crashing down came from the top of the mountain before a boulder slammed in front of the cave. the cave was, for the most part, apparently sealed off. As the dust launched itself into the air, it spread throughout the clearing. However, the majority of it was funneled away, towards an opening in the trees behind Kaylin. It seemed that somebody had cut their way to or from the clearing recently, judging by the recently dried sap and fresh leaves on the branches that laid broken on the ground.

Halberd Side
For a while, the voice had remained silent in Ir's mind as it left the other being to accomplish what was needed to get a means of transportation. As the pair entered a district, the voice began to mumble to itself without any warning. After a moment, the familiar presence of something asserted itself in Ir's mind.

"Hold up, something's off." The voice muttered, tone slightly concerned. "Something magical's in the area and it's not a magic I've encountered before. Do me a favour partner, and help me hunt it down."

Inn Side
As the druid and beastman walked into the inn, the entire bar seemed to turn to gaze at them at once. A myriad faces and eyes turned to gaze over them before returning to their own business, apparently writing off or ignoring the pair for one reason or the other. Soon, a waitress bounded over to them. She curtsied before flashing them a winning smile, one that basically radiated cheer and joy.

"Hi there! I'm Maud. I apologize if you need a seat," The newly introduced Maud said as she waved her free hand at the room. "but we're a bit busy today! We have a table with room but you'' have to share." Maud motioned to a table at a corner. The sole occupant of the table's three chairs was a human girl, clearly a more petite one. Long brown hair was tied high by a yellow ribbon into a ponytail, the hair messily spread over a small section of the table.

"You don't mind, right?" Maud asked, concern flashing over her face. "She's a regular and, well, she's rather harmless for the most part."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#52 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Bent forwards, hands resting on his knees, Valentine grimaced at the sight of the room. At least the golems were clearly physical threats. Bizarre fuzzy stuff that could be fungus was already bordering the edge of things he never wanted to go near, and the blood (Or something else that smelled and looked like it, he wasn't picky) wasn't really convincing him otherwise. Not to mention whatever that new light inside the crystalwork meant. The summoner looked down at his familiar, recovered from her earlier exertions.

"Naoko?" Valentine started hopefully. The young kitsune pouted in response at his side, arms crossed. He patted her hair reassuringly, upbeat tone tinged with fatigue. "Porridge. Anyone else know what this is?"

A frown creased Allison's face as she attempted to sense anything amiss. Alchemy was relatively less draining than most magic, and her affinity for fire had left her with the majority of her strength. Even with the reconstruction of the door with rocks dredged from the ground behind it had not been too exhausting. "I cannot say, although avoiding the growth seems prudent. Furthermore, something beyond that door feels...malignant. Isaak, Ashley? I can attempt to burn it if we must."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by Ketzal »

Despite the lack of an immediate metal threat with the door sealed, Isaak still kept his blades in his hands, not exactly trusting that they were safe just yet. Especially with whatever that is...

Unfortunately, there wasn't much that he could add to this situation. Magic definitely wasn't one of Isaak's strong suits, and he had a distinct lack of knowledge about any dark arts or wards or anything else that this scene before them could have been representing. He made a mental note that he should bother V or Ashley about the extent of dark magic that was used in the area...if they survived this at all, anyway.

Don't start thinking like that! Remember why you're here... With that reminder guiding him, Isaak shook his head and looked down at the floor before them, the red substance coating just about every part of it. "Well," he said as his own mental gears turned, "I'm no expert on dark magic, but I'm pretty sure what we're seeing on the ground is blood. I don't know what kind of magic even needs blood, but it can't mean anything good..."

At Ashley's suggestion, he put a knuckle to his chin in thought, his hand still holding the hilt of his blade. "Are you sure this isn't some other kind of defense? The last thing we need are flames being thrown back in our faces..."

Furasian
Citizen

#54 Post by Furasian »

The beastman slowly looked at all the eyes glued on him and the druid until they looked away. He was used to getting such a response during his courier days but it didn't help his paranoia, yet he managed to keep himself calm when a waitress approached him. "Hello there miss Maud.. I can see you aren't lying when you say you're busy." The courier replied, flashing a confident smile that quickly transitioned to a nervous uneasy one when she told him the situation on tables. He instinctively looked over at the girl who they would be sharing tables with if they stayed, his ears twitching a bit. "Uhm.. Can I consolidate with my partner?" In a flash he turned to face the druid, whispering to him. "What do you think we should do?"
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#55 Post by y7h65 »

Spirit Side
Walking towards the closest patch of fuzz Ashley hefted her blade and jabbed at it, only for the massive blade to sink underneath the surface of the fuzz. With a cry of "Op, that's bad", the blonde pulled her sword back faster than the eye could follow; causing her to fall over from the sudden shift in balance. With a clattering noise the blade landed next to her as Ashley herself fell to the floor with a quiet "pomf" audible among the line of swears she was muttering.

Picking herself and her blade off the floor, Ashley glanced at the edge of the weapon for a moment. Running her hands over the top and the back, she seemed to catch something that was stuck on the blade. Rubbing her fingers together, she nodded to herself slightly before turning back to Allison and the rest of the group with a troubled expression on her face.

"Well..." Ashley started, a tinge of worry clear in her voice.

"From my expert deductions, I can tell you the following things. The fuzzy stuff," Ashley said, her voice soft as she motioned to the edge of the fuzzy patch a few meters away from her. "Is probably most likely not going to kill you. I think, maybe." A frown crossed her face as she seemed to work something out. "Well, it'll probably stain your clothes but that should be the worse of it. Unless you slip and fall. Then you'll probably die painfully and at length. Still, only seems to eat magic and minerals so you prooooooobably don't want to drop anything magical or mineral in there."

The blonde shrugged as she walked over to the edge and sunk the massive metal slab into the fuzzy patch once more, the weapon sinking about three feet into the patch. Wiggling the weapon around the frown on her face became more and more noticeable and pronounced. As she did so, the sound of various metal legs clawing the stone door could be heard. Scratching that slowly amplified as more and more legs joined with the sound of thunder soon echoing from the other side of the door. Turning her head to the door, Ashley hefted the massive weapon up once more and left it resting on her shoulder.

With a quiet chime like laugh, she started to make her way to the door, speaking as she did.

"Alright! Here's the plan. In plot terms, we're at the point where one of the party's gotta hold back the hordes of enemies and cover the rest of the protagonists while they go be awesome." Coming to a rest in front of the door Ashley slammed the massive weapon into the ground, the stone tiles cratering underneath the force and weight of the weapon. "You guys could probably make it. It'll be like walking through a swamp, shouldn't be too hard if slightly uncomfortable." She sighed nostalgically as her right hand came to a rest on the pommel of the massive slab of metal that she called a weapon. "I'll hold off the wall of enemies. I can't go into the mold, it'll screw up my enchantments and then I won't be able to walk around with my sword, swing it around, or even lug it behind me. So I'll destroy all of the guys on the other side of the door!"

With a flick of her wrist, she pulled the weapon out of the ground and let it come to rest on her right shoulder while fist pumping with her left as a mad glow came over her eyes.

"It'll be exactly like that time Lily and I fought Ddarius! It'll be awesome!"

Clearing Side
From behind the boulder, the sound of thunder rumbled. It echoed out for a moment before dying off though it was still audible from within the clearing.

Halberd Side
The voice clicked it's... tongue? in displeasure as it spoke once again.

"Hey partner? You paying attention? There's something magical near us." The voice said, mild annoyance seeping into it's tone. "I can't exactly walk there myself so would you mind going there?"

Inn Side
As the two druids continued to talk, the petite girl mumbled something about "puppies~" to herself in her sleep. She shifted about as if to make herself more comfortable before continuing to doze away.

(OOC: It liiiiiiiiiiiives. Sorry, a combination of me forgetting to remind people to post and school has kept this dormant for a bit.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#56 Post by Furasian »

A moment of silence came from the courier before he nodded, his confident smile showing after hearing his partner's advice. "Trust me when I say danger can happen even here but..." He trailed off for a second, thinking over his options but ending up conceding to Bill's proposition. "I see what you mean. We might as well settle down for once, right?" The cloaked individual replied giving Billy a slight nudge as he turned to face the barmaid once again.

"It seems we will be taking up your offer miss.. Are you sure that lady won't mind?" The beastman stated, his tail doing a couple sways left to right while he gave her his words. "The last thing we need is a misunderstanding on our first day here, yeh?"

Once he had nothing else to say his attention drifted over to the one they would be sitting beside, studying her and feeding on the information he could spot out; how she sat, what she wore, where she looked, and maybe any hints pertaining to who she was. Everything seemed okay at his first glance so he accepted his observation for the time being, not really seeing any reason for her to confront them with any hostility.

((Y7's NPC Response))

"Oh don't worry," Maud reassured the beastman while a beatific smile continued to shine on her face. "She's mostly harmless. All she does is lounge around here napping all day and ordering food and drinks during meal times. But once the sun starts to set, she wakes up and leaves. No idea why; she's not a vampire as far as we can tell." The waitress shrugged nonchalantly before continuing.

"As for whether or not she minds..." The waitress trailed off for a moment before continuing. "Well, this wouldn't be the first, second or even twentieth time we've had other people sit with her and she never seems to mind. That is, when she actually is awake for the time the people are sitting with her. She's slept through other people's meals before. Just don't wake her up and it'll be fine. She gets... grumpy, when she's woken up unexpectedly."

From a rough glance, you estimate the girl to be roughly five feet and a inch or two in height. She's built very lithely and she doesn't look overtly dangerous in musculature. You'll note that she's dressed in more revealing and impractical clothes than normal, being in a simple t-shirt and shorts with heavy boots on. You also notice what appears to be a rather massive wrapped staff of sorts almost half again the girl's size leaning in the corner of the room behind her. You can't be sure but you are almost certain that it's a glaive of sorts. There's really nothing else to indicate any sort of threat though, especially since the girl is still asleep despite the growing din of the room.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#57 Post by isstmich »

Ir was lost in thought he was looking over his few belongings and was over all feeling rather disgusted with himself. he had hoped to give up the life of wealth and privlage he came from by traveling the world and keeping only food for supplies but the sirens call of learning something that has long been forgotten got the best of him. he caved in and submitted to that side of him he so hates.... the side that lived in superfluous excess where nothing is out of reach.

he was excited that he would be able to travel to the far away lands on a large sailing vessel but was none too pleased he had to humble himself to his father, who on top of allowing him to enough of the family funds to not only buy a more then sizable ocean faring vessel but the old man was going to crew it and bring it to the City of rune himself. Ir wanted to vomit at the idea of being around his father. a man equal parts vain, smart, and snobbish.

it wasnt until Angra got cross with him he snapped out of it. "OH!" he closed his eyes and tried to feel what Angra was sensing. "your right i can feel a strange magic here too. i cant pin it down but lets head to the tavern for a quick drink and then we can comb the city looking for it."

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#58 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Allison immediately frowned at the thought of leaving anyone behind alone. Even if Ashley seemed confident in her admittedly impressive strength, she didn't have much room to retreat if the moss did render the enchantments on her sword useless.

"Valentine, could you stay with Ashley?" Isaak didn't seem to have any sort of magical talent, so bringing him along through the fungus was probably safer than another user, not to mention bringing a child into that dark place, regardless of species, seemed questionable. Furthermore, as a nonmagical, he could be of great use if she was disabled.

The summoner grimaced, mouth twisting under the crimson fabric. "I'd like to go. Ashley should be fine." Take advantage of the heroic types for your own gain. "They can't swarm in here without being hit together, and we'll need everyone we can."

Exhaling lightly, Allison gave Ashley an apologetic glance before her bearing steadied. "We'll try to come back as fast as we can. Let's go, Isaak, Valentine." Long red hair swirled behind her as the demihuman made to head into the growths, adjusting her equipment to avoid accidentally touching the fungus along the way. Valentine set down his pack, crouching to let Naoko hitch herself around his shoulders. She waved a cheery farewell at their remaining party member as her ride followed Allison towards the far exit.

"Good luck, you can eat some of our food if you get hungry!"

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#59 Post by Ketzal »

Isaak glanced back at Ashley, hesitant to move on. He didn't enjoy the idea of wading through that muck in front of them, but he liked the idea of leaving her behind to fend for herself. Can she really take on all of those things by herself? Granted, she had a good position to fight, but that would only last so long...

He shook his head after a minute. You already have a goal here, you don't need to stray from it. It's your father you're worried about, not a girl you met less than an hour ago.

Despite the encouragement, however, he still found himself unsure about leaving her. He knew what he had to do, however, and he wasn't going to get it done staying here. Looking back at Ashley again, he simply nodded and said, "Good luck." Hiking his blades up over his head, he strode through the fungus, careful not to let any of his armaments touch the stuff.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#60 Post by Lief »

Kaylin turned, looking up the mountainside at the tumbling stone. With a grumble of mild annoyance, she watched it crash down and block off the tunnel entrance. As the dust began to clear, she noted the opening in the clearing. While one path had been blocked off, another was revealed. With a sigh, she stood and turned towards the opening.

"Fine. I'll leave." Kaylin picked up her pack and slung it over her shoulder once more. As she got ready to leave, thunder rumbled out from the blocked off cave. Not that surprising, really. Whatever caused the rockslide had likely caused the cave to collapse in on itself. Still mildly unusual, what with the delay.

She shrugged and turned towards the opening in the otherwise dense jungle, and started walking. As she walked, she noted that the debris as mostly cut from one direction, which indicated that whoever made this path had cut it to the clearing, and not from. Which also indicated that said person was probably trapped in that cave. Sucks to be them.

An amusing thought crept up, unbidden. Assuming her previous assumptions had been correct, it was likely that the group she had been trying to follow earlier were the ones to make the path, and are thus the ones trapped in the cave.