Southbound: Relics of the Past

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past

#76 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

As the axe sped towards Valentine, bringing oblivion with it, he leapt to his left, taking him closer to the Greatsword. Meanwhile, in the rapidly shrinking space between himself and the massive weapon, Nyen appeared. The lightning elemental instantly crossed her arms, a roaring shield of lightning coalescing into an almost solid barrier of blinding light around herself to intercept the blow, with crackling tendrils snapping at the oncoming weapon. Even if the axe did not make contact, the massive warrior would be greeted by a barrage of powerful energy, both electrical and magical in origin that repulsed attackers.

Lightning was particularly averse to doing anything except sparking and crashing through whatever was in the way, so an attempt to redirect, change, or absorb the effects would be highly unpleasant. There was a secondary layer of simultaneous attack and defense that the elemental could use, but this was locked to Valentine's knowledge for now.

Nyen was by far, the most willing to help when Valentine summoned one of his elementals. Thrawn would laugh at him from across the room, and Cyll would collapse into a puddle to watch. It didn't seem to be due to any generosity so much as a desire to slay anything she could with wordless blood-lust. Not the best for long-term diplomacy, and it did take a lot more out of him, but he'd take what help he could get in favor of keeping his body in one piece.

While Valentine dodged and Nyen brought her shield to life, the echoing clap of Allison activating her alchemy once again rang out through the din as she brought them down flat against the stone floor. Her alchemy poured into the stone, urging it to shatter and part way underneath the armored titan's feet, while starting to reform around him into rough pillars that rose to crush and imprison him further.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#77 Post by Myperson54 »

What is he doing!? Sal's mind raced in a flurry of sudden panic as the character next to her blatantly attracted negative attention to himself. What in Oz'an's name is he thinking? Did he actually stab someone, or is he trying to make a scene? Either way, he (she?) was only making Sal's situation exponentially worse than it already was. If she bolted now though, it would only make her look like a criminal; She was guilty of nothing more than wanting individuality. She decided to wait and see what happened - If there was a brawl, she was confident she could come out of it without any life-threatening damage. Still, not an optimal solution.

She wrapped the cloak tighter about herself, glanced at the idiot beside her, and hoped nobody noticed her. "Good luck with that," she muttered.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#78 Post by Ketzal »

What the-?!

As the chamber exploded into a cacophony of impacts and noise, Isaak rolled back from the circle, already thinking that some sort of magic defense had been unleashed by their tampering. As he stood back up in a combat posture, however, all he saw was a large, dark and foreboding figure standing in the middle of a self-made crater. Unfortunately, he only had a moment to ponder where the thing had come from when the chandelier came down as well, walling off both him and V's familar from the rest of the group.

Isaak brought his arms up to shield from the flying debris. After a moment, the flying crystals ceased, and he looked up to see a rather imposing crystal wall now blocking him from the rest of the group, as well as whoever that thing that had dropped from the ceiling was.

He then heard an ominous voice echoing off the crystals, followed by another sharp metallic clang, like someone bringing down a heavy weapon. The air started to crackle, making his hairs stand on end. Oh no...

He tried calling out to V and Allison, but all he heard were the sounds of a fight underway. Cursing himself, he looked around the wall, trying to find some hole or opening. Unfortunately, the chandelier's design made it rather impossible to find any opening whatsoever. He looked up, thinking to fire arrows in at the creature, but he quickly dashed that idea aside. Not only would he risk hitting his companions, but it wasn't as if the creature that was in there looked like he could be hurt by mere arrows in the first place.

This was bad. Not only could he not see what was going on, but there was no way that he could help V and Allison with whatever was attacking them. He looked back at the fox girl. "I don't suppose you know any magic that can blow apart this wall?!"

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#79 Post by Furasian »

Ansen kept his eyes on Nu while he waited for her response and they only broke away to keep tabs on what was going on around them. Men shifting through the crowd, their target sitting just feet from the group. What would keep them from not being dragged into it as well? It was something fortune seemed to have sewn together, making possible conflict inevitable if it weren't for the new mix that was thrown in.

The guards entering the tavern indeed was a spark of panic from some, Ansen not being an exception. Even the courier had a sense of worry in his eyes which even the typical bystander could notice, if they could peer into them. There was still one crucial fact about the beastman that will haunt him until he was caught: he was still a runaway. That had to be pushed aside, though for that wasn't the guards' intentions for today. It was just lie low a-

"It was me what stabbed that rapist!" That shout was the first thing to go wrong as someone nearby grabbed the spotlight to exclaim some sort of guilt. It seemed the girl who had visited the table wasn't the only one trying to conceal themselves, even the courier himself kept his muzzle to the table and his eyes away from the crowd, looking nothing more than a statue. Maybe they don't know.. But then again I have been gone for quite awhile. What is the reward on my head anyways? Are my superiors even looking for me? Thoughts were swirling in his head, and he had to get a grip of himself. Eventually his eyes drifted over Billy and the stranger as he spoke to those around his table.

"Just another search for a wanted guy, right? Say.. You hear anything good about jobs? Me and my friend here might as well find a way to get cash while we're here." The beastman said, plastering a nervous yet confident smile on his face as he glanced between the new stranger and Nu. Hopefully they could at least spark up a conversation with him, he needed something to keep him occupied... Of all my years.. I've never felt my heart race like this before.
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#80 Post by y7h65 »

Spirit Side
Another thunderclap echoed throughout the room as the massive axe smashed into the shield of lightning and halted due to sheer electromagnetic force, the weapon halted momentarily. For the second the shield was in contact with the axe lightning coursed through the weapon and into the titan, the smell of ozone growing rich as arcs of lightning scorched and marred the black armor. Then the force behind the blow powered through and the weapon broke through the shield, embedding it into the ground behind the wall of lightning. Even as the titan wrenched their axe free of the ground as the pillars crashed onto them they appeared to be unperturbed as they began to speak, their voice echoing in the chamber.

"S̃̉̽ͭ̽ͬ̐̂ͣ̒҉̵̧̹̟̰̮̝͎͇̫̙̙͔͖͕̲̰̳̼̤͙̀p̷̧̘̬̖̙̯̤ͤ̀̐̽̅́̀̉͋͐̍̓ͥ͂́ͨͩ̐ͯ͠i̵ͧ̆͑ͭͦ̆̒͌ͩ͒̏ͤ̓͊ͧ̀̚҉̨̦͔͓̦̩̩͍͖̫͚̣̕ṙͬͨ̓̆̇̐̉ͨ̋͏̛̭͎̭͕͈̱̰̭̞̺͓̣͇̞͔͡ͅî̵̧̨̔̊ͧ̄ͣ̈́̇̑ͭ̌̚̕͏̭͈̭̻͓͇͇̹̫̫͎͖̙̩̪̰̖ͅt̡͖͍̙̓ͯͫ̂ͣ̋̒̃̆ͮ͋̄͊̊̏͐͛̃̒̀͞ṣ̸̡̛̯͖͕̫̮̝̯͉͔͎͚̗̫͓ͤͫͮ̔̓ͯͦ̆̔͌̉̂͗̏ͣ̓̐ ̴̧̛̐̊̃ͯ҉̡̠̜͕̖̘͉̜̦͚͉̲̟͍͈͉̞̘͕̼ö̷̪͓̹̺͇͓̻́ͤ͒̂́̆͒͌̾ͯ̍̌̑ͦ̀f̴̶͔̮̜͈̂͆̋̇̏̎̃͂̐̑̌ ̸̶͙̮̯̪̞̞̟͕̝̥̠̼̝͇̮͕̫͖̍̊̇ṫ̢͇̰͖͇̱̫̟̙ͥͧͪ̇͗̓͂ͥ̃ͣ̔ͤͩͧ̈̆ͦ͡h̴̭͇̺̞̜͖̐̎́̎̀̚ę̨̳̥͖̞̅̏̽̋͛̅̉͋ͤ̄ͭͤ̑̓̓ͫ͡ ̵̴̺̬̰̭̰̰̭͓̘̘̭̬̞̖̲̱̜̘ͧ͊͌̊ͩ̎̽͛ͦ̒̋͜͜͡e̡͇͚͕̣̪͙ͯ̓̑ͯ̋̉͘͝ͅa̷̛̜̳̩̻̤̠̹̭̘̥̗̠̹͔̰̥̮͕ͮ̓̒̂̈̋̐ͣ̎͆͒̑̃ͫͨ̀̚r̻̟̞̮̜͕̩͇̯͓̘̠͊̇͂ͣ͋̄̊ͪ̔͛ͮ̋̋ͣͮ̏͑́t̲͕̥̼͙̹͂̍̐̏̌͐ͤͨͨͤ̅̎̽̾̂̚͟͢͞ͅh̸͎̯̪̤̪̮̫͖͔͖͈̜̆ͯ̿͑̊͂͛͑́̎́̂̀͠,̢̖̟̥̩͉̺͎̝̫͙͎̣̿̀ͧͤ͑̐͂ͨ̅̐͟ͅ ̖̪̮̭̦̯̏́̅̈́͒͟sͨ̊̒̿ͫ̒ͪ̒ͥ͏̵̴͍̺̯̠̬̜̦͍̲͈̼͈͕͍͈̙̲͇͉͜p̗͍̺̳͖͈̥͎̦͌̆͂͋͋̃̑͑͑͋̚͞i̢ͤͨ̈ͯ͌͆͘͟͞҉͍̩̦̰̘r̡̟͎̥̻̣͈͚̓̅ͧ̽̑͌ͨͯͥ́ͥͭ̓͊̀ͥͩ͡į̴̫̭̤͍͇̼͍ͫͮͧ́ͨ̅ͣͮ́͟͞ț̢̨͔̫̭̫͉̫̳͚͓̱ͩ̓ͬ̈̏͆ͣ̇͆̐̒̑̃͂ͅsͭͫͬ̀ͯ̋ͣ͒̏̏ͬ̎̎̈́ͣ҉̴̲͈͍̫̼̜͘͜ ̛̹͎̳̟͈̫̲͑ͥ͌̇ͯ͌ͣ̔́o͂͗ͩ͒ͩͬ̀͒ͩ̋͑̌̇̇̀̓̏͑͞҉̟̣͙͇̼͔͙̱͓̱̖̭̘̜̜̞͉̪ͅfͩ͗̓̏ͪͪ̍͛͏̛͏͞҉͇͈̙̟̗̙̯͖̼͕̝͇̭̣͎ ̷̡̉ͫͣ̍́̽̚͏̢̙̩͉̳̦̬̥̟̤̯̞͙̫̟̹s̴̵̢̭̹̘̹̲͍̞͈̪̝̭͔̓̃͌̊̕o̴̴̱̻̻̫͈̮̜̣̖̺͙̙̹̠̮̻͚͋̆̂̈́̏̊ͨ̽̔ͭ͜ͅi̢͓͎̼̭ͭ̋̏̄͟l̛̗̯͖̭̳̙̭ͦ̈͛̋̐ͦ͂̓̚͟͜͠͡ͅ,̠̬̩̻͔̝̟̾̄ͣͬͭͧ̃ͯ͆͠ ̣̲̥̲͖͕̝͓̆́̏̿ͦ͐̀̍̐̏ͫ͌͊͆͘͝t̶̛̞̼̪̞͖̟̞̞͔̪̟̐̌͌ͯ́͡u̸̞̯̯̭̝̩̻͇͋̇ͭͭ͛͊̎ͤ̌́͘͜͞ͅr̴̵̠̩̗͖̙͉̞̪̠̱̝͚̀ͤ̊ͭͫͫ͂̊̋ͨ̃ͮͬ͘͟ň̶̿ͨ̅̓͒̔̐ͩͨ͜҉҉̪̭̘͖̪̘͙̝̳̭̱̀ͅ ̶̶̴̷͕̼̭͈̞̫̥̖̜͇̜̯̖͚̟̯̝̺̀̓̊͂͌͞t̶̶͖̭̜̯̮̭̝̜̠̜̟̪͇̺͐̉̓̓̌̏͌̂ͤ́̉̀̋̍̍́ͣ͝ͅò̸̸̶̗̗̻̞͍̮ͤ͆̔ͥ̅ͬ̽̒ͮ̈̀ͧ̋̆̐͆̒͐̕ ̴̢̦͙̖͙͕͙̖ͯ͛̓̂ͫͩ̍̾̒ͯͦͯ̉̚͡ạ̵̸̺̪̳̺͖͉̙̳̣̬̮̄̋ͩ̔̆͌͋ͭ̈̃̈ͣ̋ͮ̋ͨ͆ͩ̕͢s̛̘̘̞̜̱̩̟͈̣̟̼͉̲̪̀̋ͭͦ̓͋̓͒̓̊̀͟͡ȟͨͦͧ̊̃ͬ̌̀҉̷̲̠͕͓̖͖͜͜ ̸͈͎͉̳̘̫̯̟͇̜̣͕͗͗͊̋̃̌͗ͫͥ̓͝a͐̆͆̂͘͟͠͏̧̗̮͇ͅn̛ͣ̃̃̉͏̡̥̱͈̬̬̻͎̝̻͓͔d̛̤̬̭̲̳͕̩̙̭̥̳̥̺ͤͯ̃ͨ́̕ ͌̃̌ͬ͐͏͞҉̞̟͚̖͔̠̣̹̦̩̬͓̭̖f̷̤̟̼̦͇̼̝̩̹͕̞͖̻̣̭̑̽̈́̾ͦ͌ͧ̔ͭ̀͞͝ͅl̷̴̛͖͚̺̲̭̖ͭ͌ͩ̽̄̃̾͒ͨ̇̄ͪ͆̈͢ę̩̪͓̺͈͇̓ͬ̉̓ͨ̾̉̄̎͢͠ề̎͛͏̩͚̟͎̦̹͎̝̼͚̗̼̰͙͖͙͘͟ͅͅ ̡̺̳̩͕̘̥͇͊̑̊̓̇̈͆ͥ̏͋ͭ̽̒̀̇ͫ̍ͭ́̕̕͞f̛͑͑ͤ̄ͬ͒͜͝҉͙͚̳̩͕̗͓̞͕̳͈r̤̘͇̥̈͋̍̃̕o̪͔͔͖̲͙̲͔̼̺̽͛̀̏̌̽̎̾ͫ͝͞m̶̧͈̹̱̯̣̖͍ͪ̌̂̈ͣͯͨ̆̓ͭ͡͝ ̛̒ͫ̍͂ͪ͒ͨ͗̑ͬ͊͆̾̋̍̚͏̥͉͓͉͉̣̖̱̲͇͎͓̪̬̺͕̺̳̀̀͘ḩ̧̰̜͉̱̼̳͙̳̝̥͍̹̩͙̩̀̆̎ͮ̀̀͜e̴͑ͬ̉̋̓̌͂ͩͦ̃̽̅̓͑ͤ̋̚҉̣̟̰͙͉̳̤̮̬̭ ͒ͬ̂ͭ҉̛̮̗̩̯̖̞̬́͟͞w̌̈́̿̅͂͒̚̕҉̠̤̦͚̲̲͙̝̰ḩ̸̛̛̽͐ͫͬ̎̾ͭͣ̐̽ͩ͏̗̲͇̳͈̲̱̠ơ̵̴̱̭͎͕̹̖̦̳̖̰̥ͥͦ̈́ͬͥͥ̽̅ ̷̧̛͓̙͎̱̺͔ͥ̅ͯ̋̀̊ͮ̊̓ͬ͐̚͢͡h̓̋͋ͬ́́́͏͍͍̗͇̮͎̤̮̖̼͎͙͎̹͕͍͉̼̝͢â̧̯̳̩̣̗̗̥̮̄ͩ́͞͝s̷̭̥͚̦͖̝̼̟̺͙̱̱̰͈̻͚̟͉̦ͣͮ̇̂̆̚ ̌͒ͩͬͨ̒̎̎ͫͬͦ̚͏̯̭̖͙̼̲̠̤̜̤̩̙̟̜̀͜͝m̴̡̪̳̮͙̻̟͔͖̜̯͈͇̫̓ͮ͌ͦ͊a̡̾̆̾̾͐̋̋̉̅ͮ̉͗̾ͪ̚͏̶̼͔͔̥͖̼͇̗͇̻̟ş̺̟̝̲ͩ̈̏ͨ̎̑̿̽̈ͪͫ̉̋ͣ̄ͫ̀͝t̡̛̬̞͖̩̠͖͈̙̲̓ͮ̑͒̊̄̓ͦ̎͒̒͛͌͋ͭ͂̿̀́͞ȩ̸̤͔͖̬͔̬͕̻͆̉̐ͤ̀̌ͦ̏͂͐͋ͧͫ̎̒̄̚͟͞͝r̢̨ͦ̋ͣ͊ͧ͂ͪ̐̉̿ͪ͏̧̠͖͎̹̭ͅe̸͔̻͓̤̣͚͍̼̣͉͍̭̲̣̜̝̽̎̓̈ͦ̈́̓͊ͤ́̌̑̅͢͢͝ͅd̊͋̉ͫ̊ͪ͂͗̅̆̊͐̓ͧͪ̓͐ͣ҉̕҉̴̯̜̹̟̘ ̷̡̜͇̜̂͌ͤ̃͐̀ͅḑ̼̤̻̫̗̗̱̬̗̥͗̎̑ͫ̋̓ͬͯ̈̆́̊̎̄̊̋͒́́̕͡͞ͅḙ̘͍̜̖̥̹̘̥͚̮̮̞̟̓̉̉ͭ̑̀̓͛ͤ͆̽̐ͣ̒̉̚͠ạ̸̢͉̲̻͚̺̺͚͇̗͙͓̳̲̪̘̰̦ͬͦͧͦ̄̌̚͟͝͝tͭ̍ͨ͂ͭ̽ͣ̿̈́̓ͧ҉̷̨̨̤͚͖̺̫͎͈̫̲̻̥̝̦̪̮̦͞ͅh̶̢͚̝̳̲̦̜̩̫̲̱̱͙͉ͨ̎̅̓͂ͥ̂̏͒͐ͮ̉̾ͮ͜͝ ͍͇̩̥͙͎̰͙̜͓̳̹̍̌̏̓ͯͮ̾̈͌͑̏ͪͭͥ̑͂̆̈́̀́a̧̲͖̱̝̙̹̜̦̣̙͙̘̗̾ͮ̌̆̀͢͜n̽͛̈́̐̃̉̂ͣͧͣͥ͂ͫͦ̚͏̨̻̳̟͕̯̭͙̤̺̟̩̝̲̪̹͞d̵̠̰͖͍̭͎̠͉̠̾ͦͨ́ͮ̑͋̓̊̔̄͌̍́ ̛͒̑̑͂͊҉̧͏̲̪̮̱̼̟͚̻̜͍̹̬̘̱ć̛̹͍̬̻̱̳ͫͤ̄͋̈̽ͪͪ̃͟ơ̡͍̣̪̫̰̝̰̍̂̀ͫ̈́͊̈́ͤͫ̑̈ͫ̊ͯ̾̎́n̈́͊ͭ̋ͯ̀̚̕͟͏̘̖͚̠͎̞q̔́ͤ̒͋ͮ̆͞͞҉̻̰͈͖̲̭̥͇̗̜̗̰͚̗ͅu̵͑̏̋ͫͣͧ̌͑ͯ͋̒͂ͯ͐͆̍̂͏̖̙̦̯̲͇̜̞̼̫ę̶̵̨̦̭̯̼̮͔̯͔̩̓̎ͤ̐̉̌ͮ͐̎ͫ̓͑ͥ̓̚͢ŗ̴̛͖̹͈̻͉̺͇͉͖̺͍̰̳̙̳̫ͣ̃͂ẹ̴̶̛͕͈̭̀̈́̏̇ͥͮ̓̇̊ͧ͑̄̀͛̓̇̏̚͘d̶̶͕͔̫̯̙̺̻͚̂̒̾́̿͒͐̏̆̈́̾͗ͪ͑ͯ̄̋̀̕ ̴̠̦̼͍̋̉̈́ͭ͐̔͗̄ͣͥ͗͜͠ĭ̸̻͙̗̼̰͕̻̯̤̟͚̮̣͎͍͇̻ͥͤ̐̐ͪ̀͢͠t͐̓ͥ̔͗͊͌̈́͛͊ͩͫ̓̊͌̔̅̎҉̛͝͏̟͙͚̰̟͔̪͓̳̰̫͔̩̞̻͕̪͘!̷̴̨̭͓͍͈̱̙̠͔̱̯͉͖̰̮̓͂̊ͬ̉͊̾̅̈ͤͩ̕͘ͅͅ ̷̦̟̫͚̗̠̤͎͕̦̯͕ͩ̋ͫͮ̋̀́͢"

As the wall of earth smashed into the titan, they raised their shield. On impact, the shield emitted a purplish black barrier and the stone slamming into the weapon disappeared into dust and then ash. Without a care, the titan pushed forward and broke free of the attempt to bind it. The armor was singed and marred from where lightning had struck it and one of the gauntlets had been burned black by electrical discharge but the titan seemed neither to notice nor care for the damage. A deep booming chuckle echoed out from them as the titan's head shifted to the side, a cracking noise audible.

"Good effort," The titan said with their voice filled with dry mirth. "But I am afraid such tricks have been tried before by much stronger men and failed."

As the Titan finished, they once against stepped forward and charged the Alchemist, axe raised and ready to be brought down while the shield continued to glow black and purple. However, at the last second, they dropped down into a sweep kick in an attempt to trip up the alchemist before continuing to leap forward with the shield raised and pointed forward in an attempt to shield bash the redheaded woman.

Inn Side
"Very well," The armored man said, voice firm. "If you are willing to admit your crime, then you are hereby under arrest on the authority given to me by the Viceroy of Rune. You will be held in jail until trial and judgement can be made and any claimants you made will be investigated. However, whether or not the guard you allege to be a rapist is true, it does not remove the fact that you commited assault and battery against another person. The truth of one matter does not remove the wrongs of another. Men, take her away."

At that two of the lighter armored men and women peeled off from their investigations and made their way towards the table, one of them removing a pair of shackles. As they approached the table they passed the Rugadeen that was headed towards them. The catman stopped immediately as the guards passed and seemed willing to let the guards do their job before continuing their approach.

Meanwhile, Nu turned her attention back to the table, giving the girl that had intruded on them and admitted to a crime a particularly livid glare. Conflict appeared to be visible on her face but after a second, she turned to the rest of them with a smile back on her face.

"Well, I did hear about this one particularly well paying job being set up..." She started slowly, a thoughtful look crossing her face. " I'm actually going to join it too! It's an expedition to some island or the other. It's not to start for a week or two though. Sound interesting?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#81 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

As shackles were placed on his wrist, Reillus sighed. Maybe he should've kept quiet. But then, she HAD stabbed the man.. the least punishment he'd get would be jail time. As for anything else... he didn't know. He just hoped that the strangers would be kind enough to deliver his letter.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#82 Post by Myperson54 »

Sal could almost feel the metaphorical gears in her head spinning in an (anachronistically) wild attempt to fix this solution. On one hand, the removal of that.... sketchy-looking fellow who sat down beside her could very well have eliminated any trace of suspicion from their ragtag table. On the other hand, if one murderer was sitting at this table.... Maybe they plan to check this table again! And even if they don't, there's still Wessen and the other two to worry about; it's a wonder this blanket is covering my scent so well. For the first time in a while, she whispered a prayer of thanks for of all things, the smelly blanket wrapped around her and- And the axe! Forgot I was holding this... Maybe I can create a diversion? But no, that would only draw attention to me specifically, unless I disguised the spell or made it invisible somehow... She managed to come up with an elaborate spell which would hopefully trip all standing people in the tavern, allowing her to make another escape before the Rugaden got to her table. She was so deep into her internal deliberations over the effectiveness of one nuance that she in fact almost missed out on the fact that the girl across from her said the word "job".

Her eyes snapped open instantly.

"I'm sorry, did you say 'job'? I'm actually in town for a little adventure myself. I guess it's good fortune I stumbled into you people. I don't think I caught your name." She braced herself, tightening her back and shoulder muscles in preparation for a speedy cast-and-run in case this didn't work out. Hopefully she could catch this job and get out of town before she was dragged back to Narafvell.

Hopefully.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#83 Post by Furasian »

Ansen seemed to listen intently to the lady that spoke of an expedition she might partake him, his wolfish ears even perking up as he leaned forward a bit more. "Really? Do you know what kind of folks are hiring? Are there any rumors drifting around about this job? How a-" The beastman had to cut himself off before saying any more, trying to keep the bombardment of questions to a down low so to not spook away this job opportunity. He had to take a few breaths then started back up again, almost forgetting about the guards around him.

"Sorry.. Got a bit caught up there, eh?" The courier said apologetically after glancing between the two talking, his ears even drooping to help make a look to support his statement. Hopefully she had the answers, and hopefully this job could be one of the few to bring home the riches he came here for. With that in mind he was already thinking about taking home something to change the conditions of those he loved, there was even that spark in one's eye that gave off the message 'I am ready for anything'
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#84 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

OOC-(By Talos, what a delayed post. This is posted with consent of Lief/y7h65/Fubar, RP is not dead so much as disturbingly glacial in pace, mostly due to my fault this time)

Allison had not idled when she realized her opponent was unaffected by her current methods, and in the brief period of his mockery, she readied another of her favorites. Rather than contest her attacker’s overwhelming attacks, superhuman agility saw her darting back from his armored leg, then immediately pushing her momentum sideways to avoid the crushing blow of the earth-shattering shield while attempting to move through his over-extension and into the awkward range on his left where his axe would become unwieldy. As she did so, she released the building energy, and a tiny eye-searing point of light burst into glorious incandescence in front of the giant’s helmet opening, bringing to life a second, far starker shadow for all.

This star did not attempt to burrow into his helmet slit, a feat of accuracy improbable in her haste. Rather, after the initial moment of brilliant light, the star detonated with a mighty blast that dwarfed the failed shield of lightning’s roar-although incongruously to its appearance, this attack channeled more power into sound and light rather than heat. Allison ignored the aftermath, choosing to continue her dash away from the giant and towards the edge of the massive chandelier.

V didn’t comment on this being the first time he had seen anything break Nyen’s biting defense-Curse your plated necromantic entropic whatever [censored], monster- and continued sprinting towards the greatsword, ignoring the dull ache throughout his body that accompanied the beginnings of magical fatigue.

Outside, Naoko tugged at Isaak’s hand again, pulling the much larger human with surprising strength in direction of the now isolated darker sword still discharging its energy against the barrier of metal and crystal brought down by the attacker.

“Hey, let’s go break that sword thing.” She suggested, apparently unconcerned with her summoner’s plight. “It looked important!”
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#85 Post by Ketzal »

((aaaaand now it's slow thanks to me! Really sorry guys >.<))

Isaak let out a yelp as he was pulled along by the fox girl. At her suggestion, he blinked.

"I'm pretty sure we should be more worried about whatever the hell they're trapped in there with!"

But what if the sword had something to do with that thing?

The idea had crossed Isaak's mind already, but he'd been too preoccupied trying to gather himself after that initial impact. That, and he felt a certain unease about that sword. Maybe it was just paranoia, but something was telling him that nothing good could come out of even touching that thing...

But what else could he do? He ground his teeth in frustration.

"Fine, fine! We'll try and break the damn thing. Better than sitting here and doing nothing..."