Gunslingers (The IC)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

Gunslingers (The IC)

#1 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

It was that time of day again. The Television sets in every ship, bar, and establishment were turned on and set to the channel that fueled the fires of the bounty hunters over the entire solar system. Dio was watching in the bar she was currently in on Callisto. She was reclined in the booth she had claimed her own. She had put her cold weather jacket on the seat next to her and watched as the bar's TV turned on. As always the familiar theme played as the Bigshots logo came onto the screen. Then there was the typical greeting by Bigshots stars Jessie, the good looking texan cowgirl and of course Lee the witty and somewhat odd cowboy. it started with Jessie as always saying the typical "Hey there bounty hunters! Welcome to Bigshots! The only show that keeps you up to date with the latest bounty information!" While some could say her over enthusiastic speech was annoying, it blended well with the tone of the show anyways. Lee continued saying, "Alright then, First we have a new bounty for you guys. He goes by 'The Reaper'. His real name is Francisco Marquis, a man born on mars who, honestly, doesn't seem like the guy to have an easy 500,000 credit bounty on his head!" After saying that, Jessie added, "That's some good money! As for lead, we know that he may be hiding out at Royale station. But if your going there be careful! The brotherhood always has crooks there!" Lee nodded and said, "Speaking of the brotherhood Jess, You wanna tell em about the next bounty?" Jessie responded with "Sure!" and continued, "Our next one is a big guy in the brotherhood! His name is David Tavor. He is said to be in the fishing district of Talos city on Ganemede. But if your going to go after him, be wary. Remember too, if you can capture any other Brotherhood members with him, you get their bounties in addition to David's 3.5 million credit bounty! Wow! I would recommend doing this in a team, right Lee?" Lee nodded and said, "Yes ma'm! Anyways, now its time to move on to the next one, Ivan Warsaw. An ex soldier in the Mars special forces who went crazy and has now been commiting acts of terrorism all over the capital city! Police are racing to get him but if youcan get to him first you get a sweet sweet bounty of 4 million credits! yeehaw!" Jessie smiled and said, "go get em partner!" before continuing,"Moving on, we have another bounty. This 1.1 million dollar bounty goes to a cyber criminal in the town of Sevestapol on Venus. Not much is known except that the criminal goes by 'Pawsome Juli'. There have been aaaall sorts of rumors on this person! So we have about as much of a clue as you!" After Lee gestured to his wrist to Jessie, she said, "alright now its time for our update section of the show!" Lee interupted and said, "Remember, if you have any leads on bounties, call in to the show and we'll pay you for your lead!" Jessie jumped up a litle and said, "that's right! Anyways, First update is on well... Bounty hunting in general! We have been getting a lot of reports of criminal activity near and at Tortuga station, so be careful if you are traveling there!. There have been reports of a criminal there named Shane "the Cowboy" Sampson. He's sacked hundreds of ships and has a 2.5 million bounty to boot! And surprisingly that's really all we have... Some c'mon guys bring in those tips! Also as always you can visit our website to fid profiles on every bounty in the solar system!"

The show continued on with some of the less important stuff that was entertaining, but not necessary. Dio huffed and said to herself as she sipped on some beer, "Peh, Why would I give up clues for a bit of cash when I could go get the bounty myself? hahah." she smiled and continued drinking. The bar she was in was rather dull, and the only people there were some rather cold and dull people. The bartender was busy watching the show as he polished a glass. Dio had gotten a drink from him not too long ago. He was a rather nice person, a normal person living on Callisto. Dio tapped on the table with her fingers. She was a little nervous, as she always was when the brotherhood was mentioned on Bigshots. However, she had learned to disregard it more. She ran through the bounties they presented in her head and decided that maybe that Shane Sampson guy was a good target. She would prepare her ship after she was finished with her drink.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Gunslingers (The IC)

#2 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

A silver shine sparks out from behind a floating chunk of the moon, a large 25megaton freighter far below unaware of its presence, Shane "The Cowboy" Sampson behind the wheel of his Ship "The Memphis belle II" turns to his crew of red shirted wolven anthros, Jason, and that one beautiful vixen that hitched a ride for a while, "Alright reds, we got a class IV haul down there, I want this quick clean and no blood shed, ships carrying oxygen tanks for the nearby space station, food and water, ammo, which we need, and ofcourse, candy and American flags, the oxygen and provisions I intend to sell to the station at a lower price. I'd like this to be done right, no deaths, just get their crew into their ship quarters, copy?" The crew immediately replied with a loud "SIR YES SIR!"

"I wonder where John is, if he pops my engine cores out again ima kick his [censored]"

Turning I grab the wheel "Alright baby, fire up the ole weapons system." With the flick of one switch lights showing ammo counts come up on the screen flicking a finger I send three of the five crew to their posts on the turrets "Lets rock eh John?" "You got it captain."

Shooting out from behind the rock the Memphis rolled under the ship and fell in behind it. A terrific rattle as the forward cannons discharged into the ships engines, stoping it in its tracks.

Pivoting out the 'Belle slid around the ship coming to stop at the docking point on the ship. Slipping in the airlock hissed and I stepped into the lock, revolvers out with the raptor AR slung across my back. The doors sliding open as I stepped into the ship I was greeted by a young cat, with a small .22 hand gun"I-Ill do it!" " I don't wanna hurt anyone, I'd put down that gun, mine wins every time hoss, ok?" As I said this I brought my inscribed revolver up and leveled it at his chest, the other following shortly "Y- you're Sampson aren't you?"

Smiling I proped up the brim of my hat and sent my crew off to the ends of the ship to take the loot, "Yes why?" "I-I've heard of you, you instill fear but do not kill, how? Others like Capone, sideswipe and death head only take ships by shredding them first!" Chuckling to myself I smiled at the child who was obviously a deckhand, "Cause I'm Damn good at my job, now, I can't fit all your cargo on my ship, only a portion, but still just enough, now show me where the stuff is please, or I'll just find it." Nodding vigorously the young boy jumped up shaking in his safety boots, cocking the hammer on my revolver, I wouldn't try anything, but incase he had some friends.One of my men approached me "Sir, we've found and tied up the crew, no damage at all" "Good, start loading up the cargo, we oughta be able to fit a good amount in there." As my men rushed about, putting cargo in the ship I turned to the teen "when we leave I want you to give me five minutes till you call for assistance ok?" Again nodding nervously the kid agreed. Stepping into the ship I tipped my brim to him "W-Wait! C-can I come with you?" Frowning I looked down at him "I'll tell you this, a bandits life is hard, definitely not always fulfilling, it's hard, only benefits are the women and plunder, but if you play your cards right, a kid like you could get that anyways, now remember, it's not worth it."

Stepping into the 'Belle I sat in my chair and undocked from the ship, slamming the throttles to forward as I turned off the weapons systems, making a bee line for Royale, selling the oxygen for a total of 5000 credits, the rest would be kept, a jar of butterscotch and chocolate next to my captains seat, slowly banking into a turn, two of the newly gained flags flanking the door.

"Sir, where are we going?"
"Heh heh Gibbs, today we make way, FOR TORTUGA!" Immediately the crew cheered out loud, the vixen, having been promised she could leave at port was overjoyed, to the point she gave Shane a kiss smack on the lips "Woah, now you are a good kisser miss, sure you don't wanna stay aboard? You're a damn good cook!"

Ill think about it.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#3 Post by LuckyMudman »

Reclining in his chair, Maxwell was idly eyeing the big planet in front of him. "Venus, my favourite dump." A sound of clattering came from behind, so he turned and looked at his bounty, Ilyana, smugly handcuffed to the safety rail. "Whadda ya think?" She sighed and gave up on trying to break free for now, looking out towards the planet herself. "I didn't think I'd be seeing it again this early, how come you came after me so fast?" Maxwell laughed as he looked back towards his consoles. "You could say I was standing there when they nailed your poster to the wall, those freighters you hit? All belonged to the same guy, so he got a little pissed and a little more mad. I happened to be one of the few blokes around when he put a price on your head and said, 'Heck, why not?' The bounty wasn't up even half an hour when I called him, and the guy was so happy for a fast response, I was even offered a bonus. Win win!"

"Not from where I'm standing... gaaaah" Ilyana's talk was cut off by the sound of frying electricity as a panel flew off the side of the wall. With a grunt, Max hit a button on his console, shutting down the power distribution and making the lights go out and the electrical sparking stop. He got up from his chair and walked over to the blown panel, reaching inside. A few twists and clicks later, he pulled out a power coupling, completely burnt out and useless, so he tossed it aside and stuck his head inside the wall panel. "A-HA, there you are, didn't like your last meal did you!?" With that he reached inside again and pulled out a Mars Gecko, now more black than red from the quick fry it got from the power coupling it started chewing. "Damn buggers get everywhere..." He tossed it aside, Ilyana making an ick face as it landed near her, so she kicked it away. "Doesn't your ship go through maintenance?" Max was already at his console, testing some controls. "Sure it does, last time waaas... hmm... five years ago?" At this, Ilyana rolled eyes and sat back down on the floor as Max started cursing, the interior of the ship still black. "Something wrong?" He shook his head and walked over to the back of the ship. "Nope, everything's fine, don't you worry your little head." He opened another panel, a bit off from the one that blew off and started tinkering with the insides, causing a tuft of smoke, ash and char to gush out. "Oh for the love of... grahhh." With a kick to the wall, Max ran his fingers through his hair as he pulled out yet another burnt out piece of equipment, this time, an injector rod of an engine manifold. "The whole thing's busted..." He sat back in the pilot's chair and punched in a restart sequence, finally re-lighting the interior of the ship. "How did you ever manage to beat me in this piece of junk?" He laughed at Ilyana's comment and shook his head without even looking at her. "I'm a good shot, besides, you did some damage as well, the damn lizards merely pulled some finishing touches."

Ilyana decided to stay silent for the time being and they were soon in a re-entry path for Venus when Max started a planet-side hail. "This is DS-1408, confirming approach pattern, need groundside status." A buzz and a voice answered form the console. "This is Polsa airstrip ground control, we read you DS-1408. You are advised to stop or alter your approach vector, the area is currently under the influence of a sandstorm, over." Max drummed his figners on the console for a moment before replying. "Negative Polsa GC, the engines are offline and we're coming in fast and hot." "WHAT!?" Ilyana's surprised shout was followed up by the equally confused GC operator. "Uhhh... ok... Your current course leads you half a click north of the town of Tregdaya, the area is calm right now but the sandstorm is going it's way, godspeed DS-1408." Max shook his head and turned to check on Ilyana, seeing her standing, clutching the railing and staring wide-eyed at him. "What was all that about, no engines!?" Max grinned and turned back to his console, chuckling. Suddenly, Ilyana was glad she was cuffed to the safety railing, of all things.

A very long half an hour later, the ship hit Venus' gravity, and more important, atmosphere. True to what was said earlier, the Drunken Sparrow wasn't slowing down, plummeting through the high winds leaving a lovely chem-trail in the air. "God damn weather forecasters, can't they be wrong when you need them to be wrong?" He started tapping on the console, and as a warning light on the side popped up, he punched through the glass, smashing the red bulb. "Shut up, I know how fast I'm going." Surging through the atmosphere, the heat was starting to build up on the outside as the ground started coming up real fast, a town whizzing by underneath them. At that moment, Max gave all the leftover power to the front directional thrusters, slowing down as much as he could and lifting the nose up, expanding the airbrakes and the landing legs. Still, the ground came up with an impact, jolting the ship and breaking off the landing gear in a moment. The sand didn't help mutch either, as the sandstone was closer to the surface than Max would like it, so they went on a screeching cruise alongside the ground. A few hundred feet, some cactuses and a rock formation of sorts later, they came to a full stop, the aformentioned sandstorm now raging around them. "Perfect, ain't I a great pilot or what?" Ilyana was still clutching at the safety railing, backing against the wall. "You call THAT flying?" Max smiled and clapped. "Nope, I call that falling, with style!" He pulled out his PDA and started tapping on it, noticing that the BigShots show was about to come up in a few minutes. "Make yourself comfortable, we'll be sitting this storm out before I trot you off to get my paycheck."
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Stryder221 »

Under normal situations, the Gunstar Mercenary, Argonz Tristam, would be glued to a television screen while Bigshots was broadcasting.
"Police forces detected, three cruisers have opened fire."
"Crap! Arm the EMP launcher, if they're shredded, my head's only to get even more valuable! Speaking of which, what's my estimated bounty status?"

This, however, was not a normal situation, as Tristam had fled for his life from Royale station, due to the new bounty on his head. Being on the run wouldn't be a good time to watch TV.
"Approximately 800,000 credits. A rather large bounty for one murder. I believe that your odds of clearing that away are, oh, 2% probability."
"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Osprey..."
"You're welcome."
"I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!"

Right now, he was on his pride and joy, the Osprey, a ship with an actual personality.
And it was being fired upon, the police apparently were not fooling around in trying to disable it.
"EMP charged and ready to fire."
But good luck doing that if your own ship's electronics are fried.
"Let's turn this tin can around!"
"I resent that comment, thank you very much."

Unexpectedly, the Osprey had cut most of the power to it's engines, using what was left to spin itself around to face it's pursuers.
"Suck on this, pigs!"
The ship launched what looked like a medium-sized bomb from it's nose, shooting directly at the police cruisers, who swerved to avoid a direct hit.
Too little, too late, the bomb detonated, effectively frying their ships as they were hit by the pulse. Too close for comfort, though, if they got any closer, the Osprey would've been caught in the blast.
Considering himself lucky, the gunstar mercenary spun his ship around again, kicked the engines back to full power, and flew off scot-free.

"Phew, that was dicey!"
"On the contrary, we handled this very well. On another note, I have taken the liberty of recording the latest Bigshots broadcast for your perusal."
"Am I on there?"
"No, you are not."
"Aw... Well, play it anyway."

And so, the television flickered to life on one of the monitors while Tristam took note of the bounties available. It was more out of habit than anything, it's hard to collect bounties when you have one as well.
"I don't like the sound of that Sampson fellow, nor Warsaw... Set course for Venus. We're going after this Juli person, someone who seems a little less dangerous."
"What would be the point? Your own bounty would make collecting your payment difficult, if not impossible."
"Shush, you. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

deathwatch
Council Member

#5 Post by deathwatch »

In the icy black of the void, lying in wait in the shadow of a vast asteroid was the sleek hull of a ship. The light revealed the scarred and pitted hull of the craft as well as the reaper painted onto the side and the word 'Corax'. The ship was dark, calm and motionless as it sat in the asteroid field. Occasionally a piece of debris struck the side of the ship and then a body or two. Not 100 meters away lay the twisted metal remains of a smaller ship that could be identified as a frigate from what was left. It had come looking to collect a fortune and ,as luck would have it, the ship's cargo bays were packed full of supplies, munitions and other things of value. Everything had been picked out though, and now it rested in the holds of the larger ship.

Inside the hull of the Corax it was as silent as the void outside. The corridors were empty and the systems were on standby. Further into the ship was the captain's quarters. And sitting on a chair in the ornamental room was the captain, Cyrus Blackwood or the Reaper as he was known in more civilized places by far more civilized people. He was watching, as he always did, the show 'Bigshots', of course in his opinion it was a rather annoying show. Alas he did enjoy the spoils from those who tried to kill him. Cyrus sat and watched for his own name to show up, as it always did. He discovered a man who was also bearing his title, one 'Francisco Marquis'. Cyrus sighed and mumbled to himself. This is unfortunate... I had plans for this week and now I'm going to have to cut this fools eyes out. He sighed again and continued watching whilst writing down this Francisco Marquis' details. Soon the moment came that he was waiting for and one of the little corporate puppets spouted out his own name along with a number that caused him to smirk with pride. My bounty has gotten higher since I last checked, 473,508,273, this is Grand, although I suppose I'd better get moving because they are beginning to get a fix on my location. With that he turned his television off, put his grey boots and long black cloak on then marched off to the bridge.

The doors on the empty bridge slid open and Cyrus walked in. Without looking he flicked a switch on the wall and the lights powered on and the heating followed suite. Once the room was well on it's way to warming up Cyrus stood up onto the raised platform where the captain's chair was positioned and sat himself down. Cyrus pulled his monitor down and pulled a keyboard along, the holographic monitor showing him that the ship was ready to leave. He began to tap away and soon a wake up alarm sounded throughout the ships quiet interior. It made a tremendous noise as it resonated through every room, corridor and crawlspace in the ship. And soon the ship's deathly silence was replaced by the noise of it's (rather agitated) crew waking up and going about their morning business.

Roughly half an hour later the bridge crew wandered into the room and took their places. Anya was also among them, she took the commander's seat in front of Cyrus. Once she was seated and ready she turned to Cyrus. So why the wake up? Did Harper blow the radio and give out our location again?

Cyrus chuckled, fondly remembering the incident that nearly got them all killed. No, the reason I woke you all is the fault of that annoying bigshots show. They've almost found us and we need to get moving... On a side note there is some cretin using my name out there and I want to end him. He also has a rather handsome bounty on his head.

So where is this poor guy?

Royale station I believe! So that means this is going to be more covert than overt, we don't want to get ourselves killed.

Cyrus looked over at the helmsman. Pilot! Plot a course for Royale station. Jump in outside scanner range and we'll ride a shuttle in.

Yes captain! The pilot responded.

Soon the ship was moving again, it started off slowly, shouldering the debris from the smaller ship away as it cut through space. In a moment the ship was out of the Asteroid field and the jump engines were warming up, as they were an alarm sounded through the ship and on the bridge the crew strapped themselves in. Then the ship shot off into the darkness, leaving behind no trace of its presence... Other than the wreckage of a ship.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#6 Post by isstmich »

Rizzi was laying in a coil of herself on the floor of her Ship the Hydrus, dreams of the perverse nature in her mind. things that more civilized folk would not talk about in public places. The console on her ship flickered to life it it started to beep, this wasnt the beeping of an alarm like the kind that normally wakes her up this was someone calling her. the pile of coils slides over itself some and Rizzi's head comes out from it. "Answer Call" she called out groggily.

"Rizzi Valentine." from the sound of the synthesized voice she heard she knew who was calling her instantly and almost snapped to fully awake."the last job we hired you for was sloppy. you acted carelessly and put our man in danger, you would do well to remember who your working for and protect the goods better."

"hey i got captured found your guy and got us both out without any problems, its not my fault your man isnt used to moving around in a large ship when the gravity generator gets cut off."

"the Details of your excuses are not a concern to The Brotherhood. Our man told us you were sloppy and we are telling you to correct the problem. if you cant then we can always find another Spring Artist."

"who are you going to find that as good as i am? there isnt a person in this galaxy that can get arrested and break out like i can."

"That information is not a concern of yours. Your concern should lie on the subject of your life expectancy should we cut ties with you. A loose end to The Brotherhood is a rope soon cut. the only reason we have not sent anyone after you as of late is because you are still useful to use."

"oh please you can send as many people as you want, you know ill just get away like always."

"the people that you encounter are after your life.... the men we will send after will want your head. try to escape from death itself Miss Valentine." the call cut out there.

Rizzi didnt know how to respond to that so it was a good thing that whoever called her ended the call there. Since she was already awake she set about her morning stretches. she twisted her human torso from side to side sending a series of cracks up he back. She interlocked her fingers together in front of her, flipped her hands over and pushed out causing her knuckles to crack. From that position she threw her her arms straight into the air and push up towards her ceiling, one of her shoulders popped and then without any resistance what so ever she pushed her arms even further back behind her till her interlocked fingers were touching the small of her back. until now it seemed like any normal person stretching but from that point on she did a series of bizarre and seemingly impossible things, its very obvious Rizzi is a very limber Woman.

Her morning routine over with beat her hands on her flat chest and slid over to the command chair of the Hydrus. in silence she clicked around on the computer next to the control wheel of the ship. she didnt watch big shots that often because she was hardly ever on it, and other bounties didnt really interest her. casting a quick glance around her ship Rizzi decided going planet side would be a good idea for breakfast. She plotted a course to Venus, The planet she was closest to at the time, and took the wheel. "venus, i can get a good meal and say hi to a friend or two."

Turtleleaf
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Turtleleaf »

The Phlegethon just sat in the middle of Venus, a desert to be exact, only accompanied by a small shack that seemed far to broken down to be of any use. Inside the Phlegethon, resided Dawn, who began turning on the power, smiling as the ships familiar glow illuminated the inside. She stared at the small television screen set up above her chair in the cockpit, Bigshots rolling through the some what small list of names, thinking over each slowly and carefully. "David Tavor..." was all she muttered before slamming her fist down onto a button on her control panel. "Database. Record 3X67. David Tavor. Bounty. 2.5 Mil. Location..." She stopped for a moment and grinned. "Talos City, Ganemede."
With that, the ship responded the exact information spoke, replying in a monotone, synthesized voice.
"David Tavor. Bounty. 2.5 Mil. Location. Talos City, Ganemede. Select Traveling speed."
"Lets get there... Yesterday..."
And with that, the ship come into life, suddenly lurching upward and beginning off in the direction of Ganemede, unknown of its invisible follower.

the red soldier
Even my blood is socialist red.

#8 Post by the red soldier »

Taking another sip from his glass of vodka, Angel Eyes was glued to the show big shot for the time being, quite literally sense it was playing on his glasses interface. He recorded the names of the major bounties, quickly checking them up on the equivalent of the internet before deciding on his plan of action. "Well..." He whispered to himself. "For convenience's sake David Tavor would be the easiest to find... Being on the same planet and all..."

He continued to ponder a bit, knowing that this guy might prove a bit of a challenge. "Then again that guy at Royale Station might be an easy pick. Though several other hunters will probably be already after him. Doubt they'd be willing to split the bounty either..." Taking another sip, not willing to head back to Mars for that last bounty. "David Tavor it is then." Putting his drink on the table, Angel Eyes left the rather average bar.

When the doors opened, several drones suddenly surrounded him when they suddenly bolted in differing direction, seemingly patrolling the entire block. A smirk on his face and a twitch in his right eye, Angel Eyes was ready to go hunting.

(Short intro, I know but I'm limited on time right now)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#9 Post by anonfox123 »

Sleep mode, disengaged.

Defragmenting actuator software... Complete.
General neuro-optic network diagnostic: No problems detected.
Scanning... CNT fiber integrity 100%, armor integrity 100%, fuel cell capacity 97%

Time is 0600 hours.

His morning checks out of the way, Fenrir looked about the hotel room Sunny had picked out. Windows were shut, the pile of dishes by the door undisturbed. All as it should be: after all, nothing had tripped his own alarms in the night, systems decidedly more complex than noisy tableware.

Turning his gaze back to his sleeping owner and friend, he took a moment to pull up some data from Sunny's CNI, flicking his manipulator tail in annoyance. The delta waves that ran across his HUD meant Sunny was still in a deep sleep, hardly an ideal time to wake up.

Instead, Fenrir began perusing the airwaves, recording the most recent episode of Bigshots, as well as collecting other news.

Time: 0800 hours. He checked the brainwaves again: alpha and theta waves. Reaching out with his manipulator tail, the took one corner of the comforter in its tendrils and yanked.

"Gyah! Whuzzat?" Sunny exclaimed as she sat up abruptly, blinking the sleep out of her violet eyes.

"It is 0800 hours and 2 minutes." Fenrir proclaimed in his mechanical voice. "I did not wake you earlier due to sub-optimal sleeping patterns. I trust you are well rested now?"

"Eh, I suppose..." Sunny mumbled as she yawned.

"The latest Bigshots news segment has been recorded. You may view it on your own, but for effeicency's sake I would suggest pursuing one David Tavor, currently residing in this city's fishing district, if the report is to be believed."

"What else do they have on him?" Sunny asked, lazily giving her hair a perfunctory brushing.

"He is affiliated with the Brotherhood, and may be guarded by others. Bringing them in as well would yield a bonus, but that may prove to difficult given our resources."

"Damn mafioso's... 3.5 mil, this guy's probably pretty high up the ladder." Summy blew a few errant strands of hair out of her eyes as she put on her link-suit and covered it in civilian clothes. "Glad we go to work as Solar Wolf: I'd hate to get the 'rents mixed up in this."

"Agreed. Meet me in the alleyway behind the hotel. I have already prepared our gear."

"The usual loadout?" Sunny asked.

"Along with red-phosphorus grenades and a stun baton, yes, the usual loadout." Fenrir remarked, sliding his large form out the window and onto the fire-escape.

Making sure no one was watching, Sunny took off her jacket, shirt and pants, leaving the link-suit in place. She stuffing the clothes in a bag and hid them behind a dumpster. Next to her, Fenrir began opening up his back panels, revealing the empty space inside.

Smiling, Sunny climbed in and let the panels closer over her, savoring the feeling of raw power as her CNI linked to Fenrir's systems, letting her feel the synthetic shell of her companion as though it were her own body. They shuddered slightly in unison, getting used to the intermingling signals. Stretching themselves out, they pawed at the concrete and flicked their tail.

"Alright. Let's go." They said. Solar Wolf was on the hunt.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Stryder221 »

"We have arrived on Venus. Estimated Travel time: Two hours. Current time is 0800 hours and five minutes." The Osprey said through the intercom, Waking up Tristam as he was catching a few Z's. "Wha...? already? I thought I'd have another hour or two to sleep..." He said groggily, trying to wipe the sleep out of his eyes.

"Give me some credit, Gunstar. I AM one of the faster ships in the solar system.
The mercenary rolled his eyes. The ship could carry an ego when she wanted, best not to bruise it. "That you are. Anyway, where did you land us?"
"West of Sevestapol, just out of scanner range. You will have to walk the distance, I dare not risk you being recognized. Remember, you're an outlaw now, be careful."
"Do I detect a hint of concern in your voice?"

"If you die, who's going to take care of me? I'll end up sitting here for all eternity waiting for you, only to eventually have brigands strip me of my parts and sell them to a junk dealer! Or be buried in a sandstorm! It's horrible, knowing that my existence depends on the survival of a brat like you!"
"Alright, calm down! Jeez! I'll take a communicator so we can stay in touch. Something goes wrong, I'll call you in for backup. If it goes REALLY wrong, get out of here and head to mars or something. I'm taking my board, too, no way I'm walking through a burning hot desert."

True to his word, Tristam took one of the little hand-held communicators found in the cockpit. After retrieving his armor and jet-board, he had taken a minute or two in front of a mirror in his cabin, admiring his image before placing the helmet on his head. "Damn, I'm looking good." His ego said to himself. "Only you could find yourself attractive." The Osprey chimed in, attacking said ego. The mercenary didn't bother to come up with a witty comeback, already heading out into the desert.

"But in all seriousness... Stay safe."
"I'm the Gunstar Mercenary. I don't DO safe."
"That's what worries me."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

#11 Post by Evilsqirrel »

The Memphis Belle descended down on the station, occasionally adjusting itself for docking. We're here cap. Can we ride our bikes now? You keep telling me no every time I wanna ride it on the ship, and I REALLY wanna ride mine! Yeah, it's big enough here, and I wanna go bar hopping.
As the ship's doors opened, Sampson looked over at Jason. Proudly sitting on his bike, Sampson smiled. Alright, How about we hit Barracuda's first?
I'M HUNGRY!
I'll take that as a yes.

The doors open completely, and they ride out.

Sampson was quite proud of his bike. His screaming eagle with its awesome paintjob is his pride and joy. Every part down to the lugnuts on the wheels is kept in the finest of conditions. His custom saddlebag with "The Cowboy" inscribed on the flap blows in the "wind" of driving through Tortuga. He sits back on the bike, cruising his way to his destination.

Jason was doing barrel rolls and flips in his "space bike" capable of 3 dimensional movement. Sampson looks to the side and yells.

"DAMMIT, JASON! QUIT IT!"
"Ugh, fine."

Jason disdainfully returns to an upright riding position and rides with Sampson to to Barracuda's.

Barracuda's was a small rundown bar in the middle of town. There is one little booth Sampson always liked. It was next to the jukebox where he could let most of his wings out in, cracking his back as a Hank Williams Jr. song would play in the background.

Jason and Sampson sit at the booth in question and a waitress comes to take their order.

"Hello, y'all. What can i get for you today?"
"I would like a gator basket, fries, and a glass of Jack and Coke."
"And for you, sir?"
"I want a ham sandwich, hold the purple... Oh, and a Mountain Dew."
"Um... Okay, then. I... i will go get your order now."

The waitress quickly retreats from the table.
As the waitress leaves the table, under his breath, Jason says "I better not find any purple in that sandwich if you know what's good for ya..."

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf and Talia were busy sitting at a restaurant in the lesser known areas of Talos on Ganemede, waiting for a ship with a bounty hunter group to show up, when Talia's laptop popped up with a notice from Bigshots. Listening to it, Ranalf thinks of going for that David Tavors. "Hm...3 and a half million. With a bounty of that size, I'd definitely assume we'd need a team." he said to Talia with a grin.

Talia just chuckles a bit before opening her mouth. "Yeah...But that's why we're here, y'know? It was your idea to sit at the docks and wait for a big ship in the need of some hunters. We've been here for at least a week, so this idea isn't working out so well. As nice as it'd be to have a team, if you're thinking of going after him, you may have to team with some random hunters going after him. Good luck, though, as the chances of splitting those credits without conflict is going to be a hassle on its own." she spouted as the Bigshots closed out and she went back to playing the game on her laptop.

After thinking of his choices for a few moments, Ranalf decides, "Hm..Well then, I guess we'll have to remove the hassle when it pops up, huh?" he says with a mischievous grin, as he picks up his knife he had laid on the table and put it in its sheath around his waist and under his coat. "Mind sending the information to my goggles?" he asked her and Talia nods. "I'll keep a watch over you." she said, tapping into her laptop, sending the data to his goggles. He nodded thanks and headed towards the fishing district, slowly moving the goggles over his eyes, and they lit up the area with data as he walked, his sniper over one shoulder, and one pistol behind his back in its sheath, and one strapped to his torso, where he can easily reach up and grab it.
Delicious.
Cool story.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#13 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Aimee had never liked Bigshots. The male co-host was intolerable, but the female grated on their thoughts. It made their full-body aches worse, creating the strong desire to rip her teeth out until her infuriating babble ended. If it wasn't for the information given, they would have never considered listening to that thing's drivel. That, and the high chance of being humiliated by their show if Aimee made too much noise about their antipathy for Bigshots.

"Disparagingly: How many criminals have some variation of 'Reaper', 'Killer', 'Butcher', or 'Ender' for their title?" Aimee fiddled with a metal link puzzle, standing upright next to one of the walls in the rather quiet bar they had decided to stay for the moment. "Sarcastic Suggestion: Maybe they think by using the same names it will be harder to find them in a crowd of criminals all called 'The Reaper'. False Excitement: We should start a rival group called 'The Sisterhood'."

The other people in this bar nearby a smaller starport on Ganymede, called The Rusty Jack for reasons unknown, gave the monotone creature a wide berth for the most part. One advantage about having a deep male synthetic voice was sounding far more intimidating just by speaking. At least something good had come of choosing the cheaper option.

"Feh? I think we'd need more than two people to start any group. Yep, probably need like four or five before we can start something." Of course, the intimidation factor could also come from Aimee's partner in crime hunting, Cass. She knew very well that pretty people got hit on. She also knew that most people were rather easily scared and quite easy to intimidate. Thus, her logic to ward off unwanted advances was to make an example of the first one to try so. The three craters in the ground, bar, and wall around her somehow managed to come from one very tenacious overly testerone filled man. "We probably could give them all a lesson in name making though! Yep, that could help them come up with a better name~"

"Mournful Regret: My name is almost as bad." The intertwined metal jangled in the dim lighting of the bar as Aimee's covered fingers twisted them about, trying to find the solution. A small box next to their arm on the table held a pile of similar unsolved puzzles. "Wistful: I don't even know who started calling me 'Aimee' first, or how it stuck."

Cass reached over and gave her friend a soft pat on the back. Well, at a minimum, she tried to do so. She wasn't quite sure if Aimee actually felt her touch through the permanent metal carapace or if it was the slightly bell like ringing noise that informed them of what she was doing but she was sure the gesture was still warranted.

"Don't worry!" Cass announced with a happy tone, a beatific smile on her face as she spoke. "I'm sure it has nothing to do with how you have a headshot kill streak~! Yep, can't be that." Cass nodded to herself, looking as if a monumental significant truth had been revealed to her before she picking up her drink and finishing it in a single gulp. As the last of the drink was drained she flipped the shot glass over and began to place it on the top layer of the pyramid that was beginning to take over her immediate area, the sole testament to an hour of downing shots of various alcoholic beverages. Unnoticed by her the bartender slid a new drink towards her, wary of knocking over the masterpiece that was slowly coming to life in front of her. Whether it was out of respect for the fact that Cass could do anything after an amount of alcohol that would have put anyone else on the ground or fear of becoming a stain on the bar may never be known.

"Yep at least I gotta choose my nicknames!" Cass declared out of the blue while slamming her right hand into the bar, denting the wood slightly and shaking the table. A blush was starting to make itself apparent on her face, the only sign of the amount of alcohol coursing through her system. "Well, I got to pick one yep. The other half seems to be death cries that people made into a nickname." She shrugged as if to say 'what could you do' before downing her latest drink and adding it to the top of the pyramid, finishing the almost forty by forty by twenty centimeter pyramid.

"Well, I think that's all the alcohol I can take for today." She paused and giggled for a moment before continuing. "You got a target in mind? I wanna do this before my buzz wears off."

With a slithering hiss, the metal puzzle came apart as Aimee discovered the solution. They relocked it back into the original position, putting it down for the moment. A rather unsettling grumble echoed from their speaker, a sigh translated into white noise. "Thoughtful: David Tavor. Reluctant Backtracking: Bigshots will have put him on his guard after announcing his location. He will have setup traps and ambushes and may have already left." They sighed again, flexing a hand.

"Uncertainly: The money is good, but I am unsuited for that kind of fight, and sending you in alone is insane."

"David Tavor..." Eliza mumbled, having been listening in on their conversation. Well, more like she was the only one who didn't shy away from the odd pair and thus ended up within hearing range. She lifted her glass, swirling it slightly. She had asked the bartender to 'surprise her'. He made a good choice, but she couldn't tell what it was that she was drinking.

Making a mental note to ask him before leaving, she stood up and moved a few seats closer to the pair, now situated directly to the left of the taller one. Not that the girl was short, but Mr. Trenchcoat had several inches on her. She set her glass down on the counter before clearing her throat to get their attention. "Apologies, but I overheard you discussing David Tavor, and I may be able to help."

Aimee turned to look at the newcomer, darkened helmet even more foreboding in such close proximity. They were silent for a second, body language unreadable. "Amused: A knife in our sides would solve our problem, but we want to survive the encounter and earn credits."

"Ah, I see, can't even trust a fellow bounty hunter anymore, eh?" Eliza shrugged, not intimidated by Mr. Trenchcoat. Maybe that was why she got injured so much, nothing intimidated her, and some people feel threatened when they can't stare another down. After a moment, she extended her left hand towards Trenchy. "Can't say I blame ya, though. Trust is a rare commodity these days. I'm Elizabeth, though most call me Eliza."

Aimee shook the offered hand, careful not to exert excess force. "Mixture of formality and expectant resignation: Aimee. Known as Armory."

Peeking over behind Aimee's back, Cass batted Aimee'ss head with the back of her knuckles, her robotic arm ringing off the back of the helmet as she spotted the injured girl next to her friend. "Aw, don't be like that~" Cass purred to Aimee before turning her attention to the smaller girl. "Don't mind Aimee. They're being a grumpy pants, yeah? I'm Cassiel but you can call me Cass~ Yep, nice to meet you~" As Cass spoke, her tone dropped and took on a sultry predatory edge while her eyes gleamed in the dark.

Eliza leaned back to look at the recently introduced Cass, hooking a leg around the barstool to keep from falling off. "Mm, nice to meet the two of ya." She nodded, relatively oblivious to her change in tone. "You're an odd pair, y'know? Definitely not the kind of people you'd expect to see in a bar on Ganemede. Not that I'd know, only been here a few days myself."

"Regretful Nostalgia: I remember when I could do that to anyone I wanted and get what I wanted." Aimee muttered, picking up on Cassiel's banter. "Amused Reflection: I sound like my mother and father." Pulling the volume back up, they gestured for Eliza to continue. "Relaxed professionalism: What's your suggestion and cut?"

"I'm actually not too good at the whole planning thing, I usually just improvise." Elizabeth admitted sheepishly, leaning forward again and taking a sip of her drink before continuing. "And I could go with the standard sixty-forty spiel, but as you two are already working together that'd end with me getting a larger cut than the two of ya. So how about... Twenty percent? That's still... Seven hundred thousand, I believe, which is plenty for me." Grabbing her glass again, she downed what was left and set it back on the counter.

"Oh, and, I'm well-known for bringing bounties in alive if that helps any." She added as an afterthought.

Cass shrugged, a sharp hissing noise coming from her shoulders as she did so. "Yep, twenty percent is good for me!" The dark that seemed to have envelope her a moment ago disappearing as she smiled a smile that seemed to push back the shadows.

"In any case, don't worry about taking in targets alive, yeah. I haven't handed in a single bounty alive in my entire career, yep. I mean, do you think this," Cass said, dropping her tone slightly to emphasize her point as she patted the massive chainsword that was leaning against the bar and digging slightly into the ground. "is a weapon for taking people alive? Don't worry if the guy dies while you were supposed to catch him alive."

"Conclusive: I will remain behind as lookout and pickup. Irritated Realization: Other bounty hunters will be on their way. Amused: We should let them go first, to spring the trap. Irritation bred from Experience: As my luck goes, they will fail to die and succeed flawlessly or with only minor wounds despite being shot at by dozens of well-trained criminals, and then belittle us for not being as stupid as they were."

"Hey!" Cass said, rapping her knuckle against Aimee's helmet once more. "That's how I fight!"

"I believe that's referred to as 'Stormtrooper Accuracy.'" Eliza chuckled.

The suit-bound being waved a hand at Cassiel, trying to ward off the annoying tapping. "Disgruntled Tolerance: Hm. We should get going. You," Aimee nodded at Eliza, "can tell us your skillset as we travel. Resigned Irritation tinged with Amusement: The Brotherhood, or other criminals may recognize us. I would tell you to be careful, but that would be a waste of my time."

"Eh, what's another bullet hole?" Elizabeth shook her head and shrugged, sliding off the barstool.

"Wry: Try dozens at once."

"Alright~! Yep, let's get this going!" Cass yelled with cheer before shooting up, her left hand grasping the grip of her massive chainsword as she pulled it up and flipped it into a proper grip. Grabbing the towel that had supported the pyramid of glasses Cass pulled it out from underneath the pyramid fast enough that the entire pyramid hovered in the air for a moment before crashing onto the table still in one shape. Humming quietly, she ran the towel on both sides of the blade before inspecting it one last time. Pleased with how it looked, she pulled it up and let it come to a rest as she threw her towel aside, into the pyramid. As the towel sent the tower of glass flying and scattering it throughout the back of the bar counter, the air filed with the cacophony of shattering glass, Cass started to walk out. "Yep, hurry up~ I don't wanna lose my buzz before we catch this joker!"

"Amused: I think your buzz will last about 25 seconds from now." Aimee followed behind, their boots thumping on the floor as they left the bar.

Eliza stretched, following behind Aimee.

Twenty seconds later, the group was about half a block down from the bar when the bartender caught up with them. His face beet red, he practically hissed at Cass who, for her part, kept her face neutral. "You... What do you think you're doing, leaving like that? Giving one customer of mine a concussion and then breaking all that glassware, my bosses will kill me! Do"

As the man raved, a quiet rumbling could be heard. Those in the vicinity, excluding Cass and Aimee, that turned to look at the building would see the bar slowly crumbling and collapsing into the ground. As the building collapsed, debris was kicked up and a sickly sweet smell permeated the air. Almost nonchalantly Cass brought her right arm up and let it come down on the man's shoulder, a look of pity on her face. "Yeah, I don't think your drug dealing bosses will be bothering you about lost glassware. Probably wanna talk to you why their drug front was destroyed. Now, we both know that my act scared everyone else out of the bar, yeah? Only me, Aimee, Eliza and you there at the end. You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?"

Stepping back, the Bartender ran his hand through his hair a glazed look coming into his eye as his gaze darting from the wreckage to Cass and back before he sighed and started walking back to the bar. "I... I think I'll stand there and wait for the cops."

Smiling, Cass gave the man a hearty slap on the back that propelled him slightly forward. As the man sulked back to the bar, Cass yelled out after him. "You go! Don't do anything to make me come after me, yeah?" Her voice seemed to carry nothing but amusement for the situation and as the man sat down next to the bar and buried his face in his hands, Cass turned her attention back to the group. "So, you wanna continue now?"

Aimee continued on as if nothing unusual had occurred. "Disgruntled Amusement: Cliche."

Elizabeth turned towards the sound, watching with an unreadable expression as the bar collapsed, then, with the same unreadable expression, she turned back to Cass and Aimee. "Is this a normal thing with you two?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#14 Post by LuckyMudman »

Ilyana's eyes popped open as she felt a nudge on her leg, looking up to see Max standing over her. "Rise and shine, the storm's passed." As she got back up to her feet, shaking the sleep from her head, she saw him reach into a cabinet retrieving a bow and a quiver. "Seriously? You fancy yourself some bona fide hunter?" Max grabbed the bow in one hand and with a single twist, made it collapse into an easily transportable state, putting it on his back next to the quiver. "Not really, no. I can take arrows out of people I shoot. Sure, I can pick out bullets as well, but not like I can use them again." He approached her again, and by now, she was fully awake. "So, it boils down to being a cheapskate?" "Maybe." As he unlocked her cuffs from the safety rail, Ilyana immedeately spun around trying to elbow Max in the face, which he easily backstepped. She kept up her assault, trying to strike first with a leg to the midsection followed by a quck succesion of three strikes to the chest, all with the same fruitless outcome, untill Max somehow managed to get behind her, twisting her arms around. A slight, cold pressure on the wrists and a clicking noise confirmed that she was safely cuffed again. "Are we done swatting flies?" Max hit a button on the side, opening the ship and motioning to the exit. "Ladies first." "And they say chivalry is dead." "Not dead, only severly incapacitated and eaten alive." With nothing left but to follow orders, Ilyana marched out into the sand and was surprised at how close they actually were to a town, only a few hundred meters off. "Hey, I know that place." Max nodded and nudged her on with his pistol. "Me too, Tregdaya, the last stop before Sevastapol, where I'm going, and the prison block..." Ilyana cut him off, finishing the sentence. "... Guli, which I can only presume will be my destination?" Max gave her a smug smile and another nudge forward. "Correct, now, come on. Walk and talk if you like, but walking it is."

The walk to the town was short and uneventfull, and the bounty turn in even shorter. The local "sheriff", as the human in charge liked to call himself, saw Ilyana off to temporary holding to wait on prisoner transport pickup and confirmed Maxwell's turn in, making him a 100k richer. Max was already deducting the repair costs as he was making his way to the ship repair, knocking on the open door when he arrived. "Scrappy, you rotten sot! Where are you!?" A male kangaroo waring a blue worksuit and welding googles appeared from behind some machinery. "Who in god's name... oh, Max, it's you. Whadda ya need?" Giving him a firm handshake, Max explained his unfortunate landing and listed all the things that needed repair and replacement. "Well, a hundred k ain't gonna cut it, that's for damn sure." Slightly irritated, Max peered out the window into the sand. "What CAN you do? Without a ship, I ain't gonna be able to get much money in a short notice." Scrappy hummed to himself as he thought a bit, and then reached into a pouch and handed Max a matchbox with "Desert's backside" written on it. "Here, if you're headed into Sevastapol, there's a bar in the outer southern edge. If you're up for some merc work, just tell the rhino bartender I sent you." Max took the matchbox with a slight pause and opened it, seeing an adress printed on the inside. "I didn't know you hung out in those circles..." Scrappy shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm a ship mechanic, I hang out in every circle. It's just a tip anyway. Listen, you're a good pal, and a good customer, so I'll lug that ol' heap of junk of yours here for free and start working on it, I trust you'll come up with the money by the time I'm done with it. Now, please excuse me, I've got a flatbed and drones to dispatch, plus some work waiting." Max sighed and walked outside, pulling out his PDA and started listing through the bounties posted, small and big alike, while he was waiting for Scrappy to get his ship to the town. Let's see... all the minor bounties over a 100k are off planet... another 'Reaper', but this one is all the way at Royale station, so that's a no go on 500k... no... nope... ah, what do we have here? With a couple of taps, he downloaded a bounty file for 'Pawsome Juli' and opened it up. Cybercrime, here in Sevastapol, 1.1mil... but damn, aside from that, nothing, not even a second name or a recent known job. Still, he set that one on alert status, putting it at his main screen and letting it auto-update with any new information.

The waiting in the torching sun went by fast with a couple of games of tetris, and Max pulled his wasteland skiff from his ship and bid Scrappy farewell as he rode on towards Sevastapol. With nothing but sand between him and the big city, Max lounged in his skiff and steered with his feet, rolling the matchbox in his hand, opening and closing it. The idea of rubbing both sides of the coin intrigued him, at worse, he'll have both Bounty Hunters and Criminals shooting at him, which for a twisted reason made him smile. At best, he might meet some new eyes and ears, possibly even being able to learn some better info about the shadier bounties, like the one one Juli. That prospect seemed attractive enough, and he might even earn some nice cash on the side working like that. With a grin, he put the matchbox in his pocket and decided on his destination. "To the 'Desert's Backside', time to get a drink and meet some new friends."
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Stryder221 »

[Permissions have been granted for certain things to happen.]

"Ah, lovely. Just like the western towns in movies! Well, with a bit more metal stuff, anyway... but nevermind that, this is so cool!"
Tristam was taking in the sights of the town of Sevestapol, having recently arrived, and still riding his jetboard around town.
The very first thing he did when he was not acting like a tourist was buy himself junk food. No, seriously. He went to the first person selling food and bought several sweets. Two packets of fruit-flavored candies, one small box of mints, and another box of chocolate-covered raisins for 665 credits.

He was already finishing off the mints when he found a pub. Didn't seem like much, just your average ordinary hive of scum and villainy, Appropriately named "Desert's Backside."
A perfect place to gather information. Strapping the board to his back (No way he was leaving it laying around.), he rushed inside without a second thought, forgetting the fact that, technically, he was underage.

"Allo!" He said far too cheerfully to the rhino bartender, not noticing the glares he was recieving from the patrons.
"Who the bloody hell are you?" The bartender said with a scowl. Tristam simply flashed his bounty hunter license at the Rhino, and that answered his question.

The bartender was a perceptive person and saw all he needed in that split second. "Age 17? You're underage, get out." Unfortunately, that included age.
"No... That's not how it's gonna work. I came here for a reason. I'm not leaving 'til I have what I need. For now, just grab me something without alcohol."

The rhino was ready to physically throw the arrogant kid out by this point.
"Last warning, brat. Get out before I make you."
"Ooh, tough guy, are we?"

Out of the corner of his eye, Maxwell noticed the youngster and the bartender fighting, and realizing that his prospective employer could get shot by the rather vicious-looking revolvers the youngster was carrying, so he diverted his attention from the vixen waitress with a sigh and approached Tristam from behind tapping him on the shoulder. "Eh?""The kid's with me, it's ok."
The rhino huffed at Max. "Come back when you're ready to do bussiness."
Max nodded and motioned Tristam to his table. "So, what has you in this arsehole of a pub?"
The youngster had merely shrugged. "Not for the drinks, I can tell you that. Hate that stuff. Nor the women, oddly enough. But rumours fly around in snake pits like this, crooks hear things that others don't. I'm just here to find out what those things are. I ain't leaving 'til I find what I'm looking for."

He tore open a packet of fruit-flavored candies and had started on them. "Want a packet?" He offered, which Max rejected with a smile.

"But what about you, though? You don't seem nearly enough of a [censored] to hang around here regularly."
"Haha, regularly? No, but I am here looking for work... you said you were looking for info, and you seem to be packing a lot of heat. What kinda info is it?"
"The kind that has the potential to bring in a lot of money. Specifically, just over a mil. But you're packing heat as well, if a little on the cheap side, so I'm going to go and assume we're both after similar goals, if not the same."
At this, Max couldn't help but laugh, pulling out his PDA. "Evasive little bugger are you not." He flipped his PDA towards Tristam and tapped on Juli's bounty notice. "This being that goal?"
"Right on the money. Speaking of which, this may be our problem, here, or mutually beneficial. I'm after miss Pawsome, and it's doubtless you're after her, too. She's right in this town, after all. So, there's our problem. I don't feel like racing anyone to the bounty."

"But, say that we combine our efforts, and should we get our pay we split it evenly, 50-50, mind you, 500,000ish credits would still be a lot. That way, everyone comes out ahead, except for miss Pawsome, naturally. What do you say to that?"

"I say you found yourself a partner kiddo, the issue being the lack of information. I doubt people here would just give up information to a hunter, even if they had any at all. I was planning on doing some merc work here and seeing if I can get to know someone who might have what we'd need. You up for something like that?"
"Don't insult me. I'm the Gunstar mercenary, I'm not afraid of a little work. Anyway, the name's Tristam. And yours, partner?"
"Maxwell Serlis, still making a name for myself."

"Now, about that work..." Max turned from his new partner and approached the rhino again. "So, bussiness you said, as it turns out, Scrappy told me you might have something in the works."
The rhino huffed again, eyeing Tristam. "And the kid?" The mercenary returned the glare. "That's mercenary to you, bub."
"Some help, come on, I need the money to pay Scraps for my ship. You really gonna leave a friend's friend hanging?"
With a weary, but defeated look, the rhino sighed and started talking. "Ok, here's the deal. A certain aspiring business man ran into a spot of competition. Words were said..." "Wonder how THAT turned out..." "...Things were done and now my client wants revenge. The job's to... intimidate his opposition."
"Sounds fair enough, gimme the details."
The bartender nodded and pulled out a small memory card, handing it to Max. "This has the location of the building you're after. The plan's this: You go into the top floors where the corporation archive is and you torch it. Afterwards, you descend to lower levels where the servers are and you make sure those are unusable, and finally, you clean out the basement, wiping out the rest of the backup data. It's meant to harm and cripple them strongly on a financial level. The card also has a location of a storage box with some napalm and thermite grenades prepared for the job. And lastly, there's a little bonus if you don't leave body bags behind, it's an intimidation, not a war."
Max took the memory card from the bartender with a grin. "Got it." With that, he turned to Tristam, handing him the memory card after copying it's contents on his handheld. "I take it you heard all that, how's it sound?"
"S'good. So long as I don't do any of the killing. Don't want my record too stained, after all. Would be very Ironic for me to get my own bounty."
"Then the bonus is as good as ours, let's not waste time." With that Max chugged down the rest of his Martian Black beer and headed for the exit, giving the vixen waitress a slap on the bossom on the way. "We'll finish our chat later hun."