Outbreak Alpha (IC)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Outbreak Alpha (IC)

#31 Post by Tyendinaga »

The Unknown Man.
Ukanc, The Gates.

His breath was haggard and deep as he stood there, the palms of his hands taking rest upon his knees as if to support him, his airways stinging with a harmless fire with each breath he took. The amount of adrenaline simply sitting in his body was almost volcanic, and his body's reaction to contain it paralyzing. His eyes drifted up from the ground, looking up to the person who was effectively his saviour for the time being, watching as she simply walked away and back into the fortress of sorts. perhaps it was a woman from the tone of voice, though you can never be perfectly sure with people. Thankfully enough though, she seemed nice enough, or at least she didn't seem likely to kill him. The Irony of that statement was wonderful though, normally not likely to kill you was something restricted to everyone short of psychopaths, now it was like it was some sort of sanctifying trait that basically made you like some sort of blessed paragon of humanity. It's funny what the apocalypse can do to change your perspective on things.

After a few moments he lurched to a position full standing, his breathing was barely slowly down as he still worked to catch his breath. But, there was no point in simply standing around, he was tired, worn out, he'd spent his entire night crossing a quarter of the damn island, zombies be damned he was going to get some rest and relaxation, at least for a bit. Going back he slowly walked himself back up the street he came to the slight massacre of the numerous undead. Whoever that crossbowman was, they were fairly good at what they did, each zombie was put down with a single shot to the head. Of course, a Crossbow wasn't like a gun, you could retrieve your ammo and it was quiet enough, with a gun you had to be more conservative. His eyes turned down to one of them though, you had to wonder just how this was all going to end. Someday you could end up just like this fellow here, not exactly alive or dead, but for what reason?

He let out a sigh.

Reaching down, he placed his booted foot on the ones chest and gripped onto the exposed shaft, pulling it clean out with a simply yank that lifted the dead skull, and dropped it, a soft goo hanging off the business end of the bolt. A slight shake sent some of it to the ground. Taking a few minutes he moved about the group of zombies, doing that very same routine three more times as he removed the bolts. In a way you could say that they were his ticket into the compound. After all it was either go there, or leave, and a pleased host is a jovial one. Bolts in hand though, he turned around and headed for the dock. With some ease, he navigated around the back, if he recalled the person had said that to get in, he would need to swim around the back and do something. He frowned a slight bit, In all honesty he didn't really want to go for a swim. In all honesty, that was perhaps the last thing he really wanted to do. Get wet. It was one thing to enter someones house during apocalypse, it was a complete other thing to do it without any real useable clothes. Not that he had much a choice.

Looking down off the dock he let out a slight groan. He was going to have to clean his guns and everything after this, At least everything else within his messenger bag was locked within sealed plastic bags. Raising his arms up above his head he formed a slight triangle over, and behind, his head, taking a step over the edge and simply giving a simple push as he dived into the water, his body disappearing under the surface as he sailed across the bottom for a few moments. Soon though, he emerged from the depths, and flung his arms out in front of him in sequence, paddling with his feet in effort to reach the rear of the building. The clothes he was wearing though, were quickly beginning to weigh him down. With a minute though he reached the rear, and using a ladder along the side of the berth he pulled himself up and over the edge, where he laid on his side for a few moments before getting up. Trudging over towards the back entrance, he merely peered at it in a slight frown. He vaguely recalled having to do something specific.

Whatever it was, he merely raised his arm and rammed his closed fist into it twice as if stabbing it in the back with an invisible knife. The hits echoed out, but the door didn't budge. He blinked a few moments, before simply taking a step back and cupping his hands around his mouth. A single deep breath invaded his lungs with ease moments before he unleashed a loud and monstrous roar of a yell. "Hey, I've got your Bolts." He stepped in again, this time hammering the door twice more. "Can you open it up?"

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#32 Post by LuckyMudman »

Elise coughed as the man let out a bellow of smoke, waving the smoke away. "No, this isn't my home..." She started slowly down the stairs, relaxing the rifle to the side. "I came to Panthera on vacation..." She stopped at the bottom of the stairs, nervously looking at the pistol in the man's hand. "Could you please point that somewhere else?"

Wolfgang looked a bit confused until he noticed his gun. He gave a shrug and responded with a “tch” noise. Like a blur, he turn the gun upwards to the roof and the sight-posts to the left instead of upwards, his finger let go of the trigger and placed the weapon on safe to show peaceful intensions. Then he dropped his pistol to the side of his leg in parallel with his right side. “Well, then. I guess the question now comes down to, ‘where are you heading off to?’ now doesn’t it?” Wolfgang sighed a bit. “I am heading off to the FOB down the road, where they store the aircraft. I guess you can come along if you want, I honestly do not care.” Wolfgang gave another shrug whimsically this time. A thought ran through his head however. “Ah, I almost forgot, how rude of me. I’m Wolfgang, and your name is?

Elise let out a sigh of relief as Wolfgang lowered his weapon. "I'm Elise. Elise Ratchet." She turned towards the table and recovered her pack and revolver. She pulled on the CZ's bolt and the sound of a round sitting into place was heard, with nothing being ejected. Empty chamber... Good job Ellie, you couldn't have defended yourself even if you wanted to. "I'm not going back to the airfield, I barely gout out of there alive yesterday..." She pulled out her map and looked it over, tapping her finger on Kobarid. "We can go to Kobarid together, but after that, I'm going further south and you can scour the airport yourself if you want to."

Wolfgang growled at himself, “Seeing how you are still here and moving away from the airfield, I am going to assume there is nothing there to get off this accursed island, either that or its overrun with zombies and thus not worth the effort. Thus my exodus to this holy land turned to be a farce.” He puffed the last bit of the cigar until it was practically gone, only the stump remained. He doused the remaining embers by smothering the lit end in his heel of his shoe. He tossed the dead, charred remains of the cigar upon the floor; it wasn’t his or the Husky’s house, so he didn’t care one way or another. “I do wonder, however, what you wish to find southwards? Do you think there is something to get off this rock?”

Elise shook her head at Wolfgang's comment about his "exodus". "It's not zombies... I was shot at while we were at the airfield, two of my friends were lost there." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying not to let the still fresh memory flood her emotions. She sniffed and checked if she had everything with her, and slung the pack and the rifle on her back. "I don't know what I might find southwards, if anything, but I came from the North and figured there's no point in backtracking. I'll circle the entire island if need be, but I'll find something I can fly off this cursed island."

“Hmm. I guess I follow you, seeing how my last hope of getting off this island was crushed. Yeah, I might find something there in the FOB, but if there is a shooter there, then I’d rather not risk it. The family would be pissed if I died with my goods.” Wolfgang stretched, his arms in the air as cracking of his back accord, he also realized that Elise was the only one with the map, making her a more valuable player than just some mook with a gun. “I guess we’ll work together until we hit the mainland. Hopefully, you’ll have your weapon loaded in case we run into trouble.” Wofgang chuckled.

This time, it was Elise's turn to growl. "I'd rather avoid shooting at all if I can." Without the usual noise pollution from the living a sound of a gunshot, especially from a hunting rifle like hers, could be heard really far away. Elise moved a chair out of the way and stepped outside through the door, she quickly observed the surroundings and saw a smoking ruin further south in Dreznica, with Wolfgang smelling of more than just tobacco smoke, she assumed it was his handywork. Luckily, the light from the fire and the smokestack seemed to attract the zombies to the smoldering ruin, so it wasn't that hard to keep out of their sight as she started moving towards Kobarid.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#33 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Ukanc, Kathy and Kris

As the two continued onwards to Ukanc, Kathy bit her tongue to keep the traitorous organ from making noise. While she agreed with her tongue in that talking was even more pleasant when someone else was around to hear it, now was not the time. There were almost no zombies, but she hadn't survived for this long by taking risks. Well. Besides saving Kris, and digging those tunnels throughout Ribcev Laz, and capturing a live zombie for experimentation, and that one time she tried to use one of those novelty large-size pens to-okay, maybe a few risks, but at least she could break the streak now. Can't talk if you're dead.

There was smoke rising from Ukanc now, thick black clouds of the stuff. No real wind, so it wasn't going to disperse anytime soon. If her memory was working (A legitimate concern with the half-crazed woman) there was a lake before one reached Ukanc. Ah, there it was. Pleasant enough. No zombies in sight, which was surprising. Perhaps they were either at the site of the explosion, or were behind them.

The wall of shipping containers was new. So that's what the banging noises were all about.

Kris was also quiet, though he actually preferred it that way. If someone were to start a conversation with him he had no problems in talking with them, but he still held a preference for peace and quiet. He noted the stacked shipping containers, assuming that was where Stephanie was located.

After a moment, he decided to break the silence. "Nice fort."

A startling sequence of expressions flitted across Kathy's face as she heard Kris speak, mouth opening and closing like a landed fish as she turned to look at him with wide eyes. Teeth were bared, covered, jaw working in silence as she struggled to keep back her usual flood of words.

"Yesh." She managed to mutter while turning away, pebbles crunching underneath her shoes as she walked towards the stacked shipping containers.

"Should find a way in."

Kris nodded, scrutinizing the wall. "Yeah. Could always try to climb."

The wall of containers was probably too high to climb, though. Not to mention the lack of foot and handholds. If they could find a ladder, maybe. Otherwise it was unlikely they could climb over.

"Might not be able to get in from this side..."

As they neared the structure, Kathy squinted, noticing a figure in the distance. Too well coordinated to be a zombie, it seemed. Navigating his way around the docks, she watched as he dove into the lake. Definitely not a zombie, then.

"We could try following him."

Kris had also noted the man, holstering his pistol and reaching for his rifle. He glanced towards Kathy, unsure of meeting yet another survivor.

"We could, yeah."

She nudged his shoulder, looking over the protruding part of the wall. Maybe there was something special around there. "It'll be fine. I'll use my feminine wiles to keep us safe. Is that what it is? Feminine wiles? Stephanie has those, I think. I wonder if I could bottle perfume and sell it as 'feminine wiles'. I bet-" Distant moans cut her short. Glancing back, she could see several blurry outlines. Time to go. She broke into a sprint, checking her hair as she went. It wouldn't do to have it get caught on something while they were following that man underwater. Oh, she shouldn't have worn something so hard to take off today.

"Are we seriously going swimming." Kris deadpanned, glad he had used the two-person tent in his survival kit to effectively waterproof everything.

He took off sprinting behind her, easily able to match her pace. Staying in good shape had its benefits, after all. A question nagged at the back of his head, though. Did he have a change of clothes?

"Don't worry, I'll go first. As the intrepid leader of our group, I need to show initiative. Plus, I'm smaller and less threatening, so I might not get shot." She considered this for a second. "Although that does mean I could get captured and held easily. You can inherit my things if that happens." They were getting closer. Hopefully, that person hadn't just decided to commit suicide.

"So what you're saying is, don't try and save you? Because that's pretty stupid."

She shrugged, the movement half-lost in the cadence of her movements. "I'm just one person, and someone you don't really know. I wouldn't be much of a loss. My work is just to keep me busy." She stopped at the waterline, the covered pseudo-pier a few dozen feet away. "Bianca's going to get wet. At least the rest is in these little zipper bags."

"That doesn't stop me from being a good guy, though." Kris stopped next to her, glancing over his shoulder. "I can take care of Bianca later, if you'd like."

"That's nice, but as your leader I need to make decisions which are best for the group. But who's Bianca?"

"...When did you become the leader, anyways?" Turning his attention to the lake, he found himself wondering how cold the water was. "I'm pretty sure Bianca is your revolver."

"Well, if this was a story, I'm the one who moves the story forward, so that makes me the leader since I keep doing it. Normally you'd be the leader with your personality, but not this time." Ignoring the bit about her revolver, Kathy waded into the lake, hooting at the chill.

"I c-could use some more mu-muscle mass right now!" She chattered. The moans were growing louder. "C-c'mon!"

Kris shook his head, wading into the water after her. Chilly. "What're you waiting for?"

With that, he leaned forward and half-dived the rest of the way into the water, surfacing a second later in a front crawl towards the pseudo-pier.

Kathy swam after him, forgoing her usual breaststroke for speed. Didn't want to find out if zombies enjoyed a nice swim, and if Kris died before she did that would be just terrible. "Le-glub! Leader!" She sputtered through a breath, nearing the pseudo-pier. "Whoever you-" Switching to her preferred style, she began speaking in short bursts, hoping the person in there wouldn't shoot her. "Don't shoot-" With her rather soft voice, Kathy sounded about as threatening as a small woodland creature, but that wasn't a very good guarantee for her safety. "-me! Friend of-" Almost to the berth. "Person inside!" Reaching the berth with Bianca tucked into her belt, Kathy gripped a very welcome ladder, babbling for her safety, matted bangs rendering her near-blind.

"Don't shoot me! Or the person behind me! We won't shoot you either, unless you try to-no, wait, don't shoot me! I'm not a very good apex predator! I'm not a zombie, I think! I can cook, does that help? I can't cook if I have bullets in my body!"

Kris wasn't the most adept of swimmers, nor did it help that he was weighed down by his gear, thus even though he had a headstart Kathy managed to pass him. Oh well.

He reached the berth a few seconds after Kathy had, and began climbing the ladder behind her. He decided to let her do the talking, for the time being.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Stryder221 »

The engine continued to make a rattling noise as the Humvee sped down the road, already having past the town of Riofreddo. Joshua had finished, once again, checking for any active radio signals and had come up with nothing. Even the automated message that had been broadcast from the airfield near Arnoldstein had ceased as well. There just wasn't a single active signal left, only static remained. With a heavy sigh he shut the Humvee's radio off and concentrated solely on driving. The roads were mostly clear of obstructions debris and vehicles which meant there wouldn't be a repeat of horrific event for Joshua to relive. His attention was drawn to a sign off the side of the road and he read it aloud.

"Cave del Predil... Next exit... some blurred amount of a mile or two left to go."
"We're making a stop there, I assume?"
Yawned Varil, who was becoming increasingly bored.

"Fine by me, so long as we don't stick around long. Bandits and all that."

Joshua simply nodded as he turned the Humvee into the small town, the streets were devoid of both the undead and the living. The only signs that anyone had been in town was the broken glass that littered the ground and the doors that had been kicked in. He pulled the Humvee over to the curb in front of a broken in house before climbing out and grabbed his pack from the back.

"I don't think we will find anyone here, at least none amongst the living. Lets keep our eyes on the lookout for anything." He said as he looked around the empty town.

"Anyway, where should we check first, the houses or the warehouses?"
"Who says we can't check both? We could probably find more if we split up, I'll check the houses if you'll take the warehouses. Or vice-versa, doesn't matter to me."

Varil considered leaving Celia with the Humvee as he took his backpack, but quickly decided against it. If someone decided to take their ride, who knows what would happen to her.
"C'mon, Cel, I'm not letting you out of my sight."
"Okay, Mister Varil."

Joshua thought for a moment of which of the places to search he would choose. While he was trained to conduct searches of both homes and warehouses, he had much more experience with the latter of the two.

"I'll search the warehouses while you and Celia search the homes. Good luck to both of you." He said to the foxes.
"Same to you, soldier boy."

Joshua grinned and pulled the bolt back on his shotgun to check that a shell was chambered and it was, with a 12 gauge slug. Satisfied that his weapon was ready to fire, he took off on a jog towards the warehouses to the west, while Varil rushed eastward with little Celia in tow.

The coyote's short jog soon brought him in front of closet of the three warehouses which was directly to his right. He decided that it would be the first one he would search. Walking up to the building's door, Joshua gave the handle a quick jiggle to see if it was locked, which it was. Luckily the door was old and rusty with probably the world's cheapest lock to be built installed on it. Having seen similar locks before, he quickly determined that it was nothing that a swift kick with his size 12 boot couldn't fix. It took only one power kick aim right below the lock and door handle to break open the old metal door.

Joshua burst inside as he took aim with his weapon and swept the room from left to right and back again without seeing any sign of the undead inside.

"No sign of the undead... yet. Just have to sweep the rest of the building... alone... without any teammates to cover my six. Definitely won't be an easy task..."

He continued to sweep the building, swiftly making his way down aisles of large storage containers and machinery until he was certain that he checked each and every aisle, his weapon constantly sweeping back and forth. But his search turned up nothing. He was the only one inside of the warehouse. With the building cleared Joshua began his search for anything that was of use.

Meanwhile, outside the local church Varil had found himself standing at the doors of said church, debating whether or not to check inside.
I can't count on there being anything of use in there... But still, there could be survivors inside, seeking sanctuary. What idiots.

"Are we going in?"
Well... Ah, what the hell. If someone's alive in there, It'll be worth it. Even if they're religious nutcases.
"Yes, we are."

He pushed open the large doors, stepping inside. He never liked churches much, to be honest.

It seemed completely empty, and that disturbed him slightly. He expected a zombie or two, at the least.
Ignoring his self-preservation instinct, he called out.
"Helloooooo? Anyone surviving in this dump?"

No response, typical.
"Stay here, I'm going to look around... If you see any Zed, call for me, okay?"
"Okay."

Silenced pistol out, Varil crept further inside. Okay, now he was really nervous. The whole place was barricaded like a safe-house, so why was nobody here?
Nah, They're scared, that's why they're hiding from him.
"Look, I'm not here to cause problems. If you come out, I can promise food and water, and possibly a ticket out of this hellhole. If anyone's here, show yourself.

Still no answer... The blue fox lost his patience.
"Fine, then. If you're not coming out, then I'm leaving."
Maybe they were out scavenging? Well, that's assuming there was anyone here to begin with...

"AAAH! HELP! Ah! Let go!"
"Wha...?! Celia!"
"Drop the gun, or the girl dies!"

Bandits! Damn, no wonder nobody answered! Varil whirled around to find himself faced against a male human, one arm holding Celia, the other with a revolver aimed at her head.
"No! Let her go! There's no need for this, I can help you!"
"I said drop the gun! Are you deaf or what?!"
"You...! Fine..."

Hands out, he slowly placed the pistol on the ground.
"There, NOW will you listen to reason?"
"Good... That makes things so much easier."

Rather than cease hostilities, the bandit simply aimed the gun at Varil, instead.
"The only reasoning I listen to is my own, and I say that you die. Goodbye, fox-boy, nice knowing you."
"You son of a..."

*BANG!*

"GWAAHH!!!"
"NO! VARIL!"
He let out a scream of agony as the bullet tore through his left shoulder, which was now bleeding profusely. If he were not in blinding pain, Varil would've considered himself lucky that the bullet didn't go through his head.
Before the bandit got another chance to fire, he rolled behind an overturned seat.

"[censored] hell! Come out here or I kill your girl, instead! You or her, it's your own [censored] choice!"
Damn it, damn it, damn it! I can't go out there, but I can't let her die, either! [censored]! This is all my fault! C'mon, soldier boy, you must have heard the gunshot!

As soon as Joshua heard voices shouting, he abandoned his search of the warehouse and ran towards the source of it. As he ran his mind filled with the possibilities as to why there was shouting.

"What's happening, what did they find? Undead horde? Bandits? Crazed survivors..."

But before anymore possibilities came to mind, a single gunshot rang out with cries of pain and concern. A cold sense of dread filled the soldier as he ran even faster towards the source, weapon gripped tightly in his hands.

"VARIL! CELIA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!" Joshua yelled as he came up to the church. There was a human holding an arm around the little fox while pointing a gun to her heard.

The bandit having heard the soldier's cry whipped around, the little fox still in his arm, and like a western gunslinger fired off three quick shots at him. Two rounds punched into the vest and knocked the air right out of his lungs. The third round grazed the top of his head and knocked his patrol hat right off. The force of the bullets impacts knocked Joshua on his back while his pack keeping him somewhat upright. Though he was struggling to breath, he was still able to aim his shotgun and pull the trigger. The slug tore a large bloody chunk out of the top of the bandit'a head, his body twitching for a moment before it dropped to the ground.

Joshua struggled to his feet, his breath coming in short gasps. Once standing he shouldered his weapon went over to the bandit's body with his shotgun trained on him and kicked the revolver away by habit. A swift kick to the ribs and the a lack of a reaction just confirmed that the man was dead. Satisfied that the man was no longer a danger, Joshua lowered his weapon and turned to face the little fox.

"Celia ar-are y-you... alright? Wh-what... Ha-happened... to Varil?" He asked, still struggling to breath properly.
Celia looked at him with tear-soaked eyes.
"He... He's... T-the bad man, he..."
Unable to say anymore, she broke into tears. It wasn't hard to figure out what happened, though. Blood splatters painted the ground where Varil had presumably stood just moments ago, a smaller trail of it leading behind an overturned bench.

Joshua took notice of the blood spatters on the ground and followed it to its source behind an overturned pew. What he found was Varil clutching his bleeding shoulder. He dropped down and quickly unslung his pack to dig out his first aid kit to patch up the wounded fox.

Varil was in bad shape, he was sitting with his back against the cover he chose, clutching his bloody left shoulder and groaning softly with pain. He looked up to see the soldier approaching.
"Ah... Ergh... That you, soldier boy...? I'm sorry... I screwed up, I screwed up big time... All my fault... You killed that [censored], didn't you...? Ngh!"
He barely stifled a scream of pain as his mangled shoulder sent fresh waves of pain into him.

"Is she alright...? Oh god, please tell me Celia's alive, if she got hurt because of me, I..."

"Don't worry... she's not hurt. Need to... patch you up... sorry, it might hurt..."

Joshua worked as quickly as he could without causing Varil too much pain. Within minutes he had successfully stopped the bleeding, cleaned and bandaged the wound as best he could. He also gave him a dose of pain killers, enough to ease his pain and keep him up on his feet. It would have to do for now until Varil could get treated by an actual doctor.

"There... best I can do for now. You still need a doctor, but atleast you won't bleed out immediately. Let's get the hell out of here before more show up." He said while he helped Varil to his feet.
"It's only a shoulder, I can get up myself, but thank you..." The fox said, walking over to where Celia was crying.

"Hey, enough waterworks. I'm- Ow... Not okay... but still, that's enough."
What the fox didn't fully expect was for the girl to jump at him, forcing him into a crushing hug.
"Don't do that to me! I thought you were...!"
"Hey, it's only my shoulder, there's a reason I have two. Ah jeez, you've got blood all over you..."
Varil wiped a bit of the Bandit's blood off Celia's cheek.

"But what about the bad man? Is he...?"
Both foxes took just one look at the corpse laying on the ground, the missing chunk of the guy's head answered the question immediately.

"Ew... Don't look, Cel... Not that I'm complaining, soldier boy, but that's the messiest kill I've seen so far. Noisy, too. Anyway, you seen my gun around? Wait, never-mind."

"Could've been worse, it's a shotgun after all, not a rifle."

Varil spotted his gun just a few feet away, walking over to pick it up, trying not to look at his own blood decorating the floor, where he had been shot.
"That was fun. In a horrible, sick, not-at-all fun way. But do we at least have something to show for this? Any loot? Please say yes."

"I didn't have much time to search at the warehouse, so nothing, but let me check around here..."

Joshua began his search with the corpse, a search of the pockets came up with a couple of loose rounds for the revolver and the man's wallet. Looking inside he found the usual, credit cards, couple of dollar bills and his I.D. card, he didn't bother reading the man's name before closing and placing it back where he found it. He then retrieved the revolver from where he kicked it away and popped open its cylinder. Five of the six rounds had been fired. He emptied the spent rounds and loaded the fresh ones in before closing the cylinder shut. Moving on Joshua searched the rest of the church and found only a couple bottles of water and some canned corn hidden behind the alter.

"Well, there's not much, just his weapon and a small amount of water and food. None of this was worth getting shot over. Lets just get out of here."
"Agreed, I'm not staying to see if his friends show up. If he had any, anyway."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#35 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

As Luka was walking he heard something. He immediately stopped and paused. Then he heard it again, a shot in the distance. The crack echoed in the air. It sounded as if it was coming behind him, probably in the town he had just passed. Deciding to investigate he turned around and picked up to a jog, heading towards the nearby town. He knew he had enough ammo in his shotgun to handle whatever was over there, so he didn't bother putting anymore shells in. As he reached the town, he slowed down and began to cautiously look around. He could hear zombies getting mad. He searched and saw some zombies running at something. He ran behind them and followed them to a shed where he found someone in the shed. He looked at her and said in his Russian accent, "Don't worry comrade! I'll get these undead off of you! I trust you won't be dumb enough to shoot me!" After saying that he pointed his shotgun at two zombies and fired. One shot brought both down. Then he proceeded to kill the remaining ones around the area, using up a few more shells. After killing all the zombies in the area, he slung his shotgun and approached the shed. He stood a good 50 feet from it, holding his sling, and said, "aye, good thing those abominations aren't coming for more. Anyways comrade, are you in need of any supplies? I have food, medical supplies, some spare gear... Anything?" he looked at her, waiting for a response, but kept his shotgun ready to be unslung and pointed at her if he saw her point her weapon at him. 

Julia meanwhile, nodded and said to the officer, "yeah. Alright I will behave. Thanks for trusting me though. I would probably be shot if you didn't." she nodded at him while she opened up the breach of her rifle and loaded in a bullet she had produced from her jacket pocket. She pushed the bolt back forward, once again having a fully loaded rifle. She slung it over her shoulder and looked at the police officer. "do you have any plans then? Where were you headed? I was thinking it might be a good idea to see what there was to find at the airfield just to the East of us." She shrugged and waited for the police officer to respond in anyway. Meanwhile she drew her machete and inspected it. "huh. This things edge has seen better days. It's gonna need bloody sharpening after a few hundred more zeds, haha."
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#36 Post by Tyendinaga »

The Unknown Man.
Ukanc, The Gates.

At the rear side of the Gates, the man continued to linger for a short period of time, his eyes focused on the gate before him, though he had knocked a few moments prior, there was little if any response for him to hear. His attention was roughly stripped away though, as a pair of faint splashes sounded out off to the side and seemingly back where he had come from moments prior. Perhaps the zombies were learning how to swim, he groaned at the thought of having to deal with a few more, and soaking wet head to toe at that. He turned though, his back facing the gate as he watched out towards the berth itself, waiting half in curiosity, and half out of caution for what was to, or might be about to happen. He had seriously doubted that it would be a pair of survivors, then again stranger things had happened; like a zombie apocalypse, that would indeed be stranger than a pair of people coming out when you least expected it.

His eyes traced along the edge, watching as something, or perhaps someone, starting sputtering words of a meaning quite garbled as they swam along, soon enough, pulling themselves up from the water, onto the ladder, and eventually up to the top of the berth itself, and soon enough spitting out another sequence of words, without much meaning aside from he could grasp. 'Do not shoot, and we wont either'. He blinked a few times almost questioningly a second person pulling themselves out of the soup like a drenched rat a mere few moments later. He himself though did not offer any tangible reply aside from a dead stare towards the pair, both of whom he quite evidently towered over.

Still though, his head turned a slight bit, his eyes edging off to the side as he offered a cursory glance towards the gate behind him. It was right about now that he would wish that that woman would hurry up and answer her door. It was bad enough being soaking wet outside because some lady asked you to retrieve her a pair of bolts, and without any dry clothes to change into, but it was much worse to be left out there, with a pair of people of which you'd never actually met before and from the general swing of things there was maybe a fifty percent chance they would try to kill him in the near future, regardless of how harmless they may have seemed. Or crazy. The woman at least seemed to have a screw or two loose.

His eyes turned back to the pair, watching.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#37 Post by y7h65 »

With a grunt I passed through the locks, tossing my jacket somewhere onto a bench as I entered the warehouse. While I had my doubts that the survivor would actually follow my instructions it was possible that he would. Right now I held the only fortified position in the area and from an outside perspective that could be a desirable thing. Assuming I didn't know anything of this building, it'd be safe to think that I had food, an army, or some other thing that would make holding this line viable.

Of course, that wasn't untrue. Scrambling up the stairs, I had to admit that I was pretty prepared. Three months of food, water purifier, and construction and mechanic tools to fix up machines. Guess all those movies, video game, books, and tabletop campaigns finally did something good. I mean, I could proudly say that I survived twelve days of the dead rising. Judging by the amount of dead loitering around that's a statement not many could say. Still, if this survivor proved to be an asset he might just be able to help me.

As I opened the door, my free hand was already at work stripping off the metal vest as I kicked off my pants. While the survivor seemed to have a ranged weapon, chances are that he would go for a body shot rather than a head shot. Much more easy and reliable way to kill someone living after all. Tugging on the chain and leather undersuit, I had to wonder what exactly the survivor was doing in this part of the island. It wasn't exactly the most convenient place and I'm sure what little supplies available had long since been raided. Judging by his entry from the other side of town, I honestly had to wonder what he was doing in this area. Only things of note here was the closed LNG plant up in the hills.

As I finished tying up the undersuit the sound of knocking and yelling filled the courtyard., making it's way into the room via an open window Well I guess he did decide to show after all against my belief. Seems I'll have to throw on this armor a bit faster than I thought. Strapping on the tactical vest, I grabbed my extra magazines and slipped them into various pouches while strapping on various sets of the plate armor. Took me about ten minutes to haphazardly strap on all the parts to a level where I was sure it would hold in a fight.

Grabbing my blades and hooking their sheaths to my armors belts and loops I quickly dashed down the stairs, avoided the barricade, made it down to the warehouse floor, through the warehouse doors, and to the gate. Looking at it, I hadn't opened it since the dead decided to rise from their graves. I don't think I ever even tested the gate before now. Well, there was no better time than the present. Walking over to where the chain for the gate laid, I grabbed it and began to pull back with all my might. For a moment, nothing happened. Then the sound of metal screeching could be heard as the gate raised centimeter by centimeter. Soon, there was an approximately three foot tall opening in the bottom of the gate. Satisfied with my work, I reached down to tie the chain to a nearby mooring that I had liberated from the berth and installed onto the cement of the court yard and walked over to the side of the gate.

"Great! Feel free to come through now!" I yelled loudly before unsheathing my 1796 saber. "But first, I have to ask that you leave any and all weapons outside on the berth before crawling under!"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#38 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Barreling down the road to korbarid in the small Toyota was a blast, the wheels held and the brush guard kept zombies from damaging the engine. As I went I listened to the radio, emergency broadcasts were stuck on loop on most stations, in Russian for the most part. As I rolled into Korbarid I stopped in a busted up convenience store, taking the keys with me inside, that was a mistake. Upon getting drinks and some food from in the store I steped outside, seeing a small horde of zombies running at my truck, most likely had been following me for a long while. Running to the truck I struggled to get the truck to start only hearing it purr on as the first zombie was pounding the door. Slamming the truck in gear I fever the engine and went in reverse mangling the tailgate "[censored]! Wrong gear" ramming the clutch down I cut the wheel hard, having crushed most of thems legs or heads to the point that id loose them fast in the city. Driving through town I saw only a few zombies, all hanging around residential areas or stores, hopefully I could get home before I needed any of them.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well