Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

isstmich
Grand Templar

Re: Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

#106 Post by isstmich »

Kazissky sat on the floor and gave a repeat performance of finding the blue rune stone as he did with the red. the main difference this time was that he moved slower to memorize the directions as well as not accidentally teleport. it wasn't too far almost directly south of where they currently were. the only problem was once he entered the building finding where the stone became more difficult. it took him a few minutes to figure out that the elevator went down much further then what the buttons on the wall said. he followed the shaft down and saw a sight of pure destrution, it was an all out brawl. taking only the briefest of moments to return to his body he opened his eyes and smiled. "found it!"

Kazissky stood and tightened his clothing"I hope you two are in good physical condition, i plan to run to the building. mainly because it is cold, but also because we should hurry if we want to join in the brawl." without a second word he took off out the building.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#107 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo pushed yarlacs sword away with his own."im not a user of white magic. My barriers may not be strong but i can handle myself. I also dont know whats going on since ive only been here for only a few hours. Im a user of psyche magic more than anything. I have no idea whats going on whats going to happen so if youd explain more out id probably understand"argo said defensivley more of his own barriers surrounding him much stronger now. "Yarlacs a magic user as well? This may be worse than i thought if hes an enemy."Argo thought his rifle still up and his sword now glowing black energy. Argos ears turned and twitched but he himself didnt understand anything right now, hes ttelling the truth but he still felt something bad to happen.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#108 Post by anonfox123 »

I looked skeptically at the bubble gum being offered to me by Arratay. "Thanks, but no thanks." I remarked as I looked over to Yarlac, bringing out hardlight tools of his own. I felt a small twinge of annoyance: now wasn't the best time, but I had half a mind to walk over there and call him out as a copycat showoff.

"As 'ordinary' as chloroform is, I think it's be best if we found where they're hooking up the gas canisters and disconnected them: not everyone here is a genetically enhanced synthetic, and that nut-job who just called made it sound like other floors with civilians on them are in danger too."

I took a moment to project a hardlight riot shield, and took out my pistol, unfolding the stock for more stability. "So, you know any maintenance areas we could check out?"
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#109 Post by LuckyMudman »

Yarlac took a step to the side, with Lucretia here, there wasn't much he could do. "I'll go with Russet. With you, Shane and the President's bodyguards up here, these two won't be able to cause a problem even if they wanted to." As Argo and Clesent were moved to the side, Yarlac took a look down the elevator shaft. "Russet, I can give you a lift down to the next floor, since I presume you're not on nice terms with Mrs. Gravity." He turned around, punching a few buttons on his armor's wrist computer which brough out a face-mask for Beran. He unhooked it from his armor and handed it to Russet. "Here, this are Wizna's filters, should prevent anything from entering your lungs and eyes. I myself am immune to most poisons, heck, I even put poison in my morning drinks, gives them a nice texture."
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#110 Post by Hotep the psychic »

"well they dont call you a demon your self lucretia for nothing now do they. And im not taking sides unless i know the two thats there to side on. And considering i have no idea whats happening it seems impossible to know much. Now i may not look it but i can handle myself in many occasions. You think your the only one that can survive hell mentally. Trust me unless you want your power drained dont tick me off i have two sides within battle one i want to keep down."argo said remebering his training in psyche magic. He shuddered a little and put his rifle away his sword stayed out the black glow still pulsatiang around the curved blade."now whats this about aimes? All i hear is that he has to die and that hes a bad person. Geez it gets annoying," argo continued "im at a disadvatage now...id be going against an actual hell surviver and an experienced war fighter. For me if i do use my full strength and even use my power draining ability i may still lose...what to do" argo thought to himself his left hand (or paw) glowed a red symbol on it at the thought of draining powers and abilitys.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#111 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Stepping around the corner I cracked my hands in happiness, a fight was brewing up, and I wanted to have some fun! So Lucretia, you wanna take Argo if I get the other guy? I'm a little bored today and this looks like fun! As I said this I drew dangerclose and spun its 250lb blade with ease, both white and blue lightning bursting along its barrel as I slid off my hat and jacket, letting both sets of wings come out in front of the one Argo accompanied, the jet black head wings flapping slightly and my pure white angel wings unfolding, Nathan's revolver in my left hand and danger in the other.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#112 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo stood next to the new person with white wings. "Is this the angel of ishpa?"Argo he thought to himself he then focused back on lucretia seeing much anticipation. Argo quickley thought of the many ways to attack. He also knew she was right about draining power and strength hed have to let it off or use it at once some he could store but how? Questions filled his head as he relaxed more now with a plan ready in mind and many more to back it up. "im not sure weve met but since you know my name i think its good if i knew yours before this turns into a giant battle."argo said to the white winged person while argos sword elongated and straightened to a greater form now in wraped in a stronger black energy. "its been awhile since ive last reformed my sword. And im not one to start them either but this will be very interesting" argo said his relaxed posture ready for any attack.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#113 Post by anonfox123 »

"Oh, so that's what you were putting in your drink that time I saw you at Lucretia's cabin." I muttered as I slipped the mask over my head. "Remind me to get an immunological sample from you once we get back, might get a few breakthroughs out of it. Maybe even..." I cut myself off as a sparking, twitching combat drone climbed in through a broken window; guess Shane's EMP trick hadn't totally fried the higher end models. Stepping forward, I swung my glowing shield around and bashed it off the edge. I smiled in satisfaction as it tumbled down, fading into a trail of glowing flecks of light, leaving nothing to even hit the ground. "Well, let's get a move on: those gas hookups aren't about to disconnect themselves. Oh, and one more thing: leave the hardlight stuff to me." I remarked, tapping my shield with the barrel of my pistol.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster

#114 Post by LuckyMudman »

Yarlac laughed at Russet. "Last week, you could do as much magic as a brick, and now you're telling me what to do? In your dreams." He shook his head and grabbed Russet. "Hold tight, we're going down." Without further ado, Yarlac jumped into the elevator shaft, turning the gratsword in his hand into a double sided glaive, extending it into the sides of the shaft and stopping them in front of a set of doors on a lower floor. With a solid swing, he threw Russet onto a maintenance catwalk next to the doors, and with his now free hand created a barrier in the slit of the doors. He turned his hand into a horizontal position, forcing the doors open. On the otherside, a group of three rebels saw him and decided to open fire, to which Yarlac responded by lifting his palm up, the barrier following suite and blocking off the doorway, reflecting the bullets. As the rebels started to reload, Yarlac whipped his crossbow out and fired an explosive bolt into the hallway, the rebel in the middle got hit directly and turned into giblets, while the other two flew each into his own wall, having their limbs amputated by the explosion. "Lo-ve-ly." Satisified with the result, Yarlac jumped through the doors, his wrist computer beeping a warning signal. "Well, the air is rather saturated already, let's find where that gas is coming from."
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#115 Post by anonfox123 »

I got up shakily from where I'd been tossed unceremoniously onto the catwalk, and surveyed Yarlac's handiwork. "Ugh, what a mess: at least when I get a kill these days Oh well, whatever works I guess."

I looked about: a faint haze was coming from the vents, but nothing really pointed to a clear source in the area. Can that wrist unit monitor concentration gradients? We could try tracking the gas canisters that way."

The blast from Yarlac's crossbow bolt had attracted some unwanted attention: blocking the gunfire from the extremist troops down the corridor with my shield, I peered down the small scope on top and sent a few bursts of my own gunfire down range, making the goons scramble back around the corner. "And as skilled as you are, I don't think we want to waste time fighting these guys if we don't have to. Bringing the gas offline should be the first priority."

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#116 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Rolling my shoulders I skilled before driving my sword into the floor up to the axe head and crossing my arms, my wings slowly condensing into fists and flexing out the fingers before I set them onto the floor, Aye that's me, and judging by your thoughts you still think you can win. Trust me, fighting her is hell, fighting me is a pure death trap, fighting both of us is something only Gaia could pull off, I'd back off before you meet the elevator at the bottom, ya savy? As I said this I spun danger close from the ground and lined it up with the back of my arm against my back.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#117 Post by Stryder221 »

Valter had not a single clue what anyone was saying anymore. Magic? Barriers? Psyche? Himself, for some reason?
One thing for sure, though, was that the jackal was [censored] annoying.
"Whatever you think you're doing, Just shut up already, we don't have time for it. If you care anything about what's right, you'll go down and save the civilians trapped on the lower floors. If not, I could put a bullet to your head right now to save me the headache... Now go! Do something helpful!"

He then turned to Arratay.
"Lionel, you'll... The hell?!"

He was already gone, a little note where he was just standing.
Got bored, went to have some fun. Took a gas mask. Kthanksbye

It was quite amazing how he could just vanish whenever he felt like it. But that was Arratay for you.

Meanwhile, outside, He was scaling the side of the building.
Currently, he was using one of his hook-swords to hang off a flag pole about five floors away from the top, trying to smash open a window to gain entry, succeeding quite quickly.
While the top floor gets safety glass, that doesn't mean lower floors get the same luxury.

A rebel, hearing the noise, went to investigate the crashing.
Arratay took position just beside the broken window, hugging against the side of the building.

"Broken window, Outside entry. Damn, som- GAH!"
The rebel felt the pain of a blade hooking into his chest before it was pulled on, taking him out the window, screaming all the way to the ground, where he splattered hard onto a car, causing said car's alarm to go off.

With the rebel dealt with, Arratay entered.
They're all dead, they just don't know it yet...

Far below, the smell of smoke and burning flesh grew greater as everything in the black knight's path was incinerated.
The screams of burning pain rang out as soldiers burst to flames left and right. It was somewhat like being invaded by a volcano that had just erupted, the rebels had no chance.

Curiously, the fire alarms had not gone off, despite all the burning going on.
With floor four cleared, he took the stairs up, repeating the incineration process again and again, clearing the rebels away, floor-by-floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Great! So where's...? Wait, what did you just say?"
Rye stood there confused as Magnus rushed out.

"Well? what are you waiting for?"
Said Alice as she rushed out after Magnus.

Rye shrugged, but ran after them anyway.
I hope that guy's got his location right. If not, I'm going to kick his [censored], Wagi-something or not.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#118 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo looked at valter for once his eyes red with anger for everyone downsizing him. He knew he could hold his own but since no one knew him in a fight he knew he should just follow orders soon he sent a screeching pain into valters head dont yell at me human im tired of everyones downsizing, i know what you think about me. And since i dont know you i dont have to follow what you say even if you are president. Im only going to follow who i know" he saidthen in histhe mind all with a large spell. Then he stepped back to let shane handle the battle. Then put his sword away his anger still raged inside of him for no one knowing what he could do.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#119 Post by isstmich »

It didnt take long before Kazissky arrived at the hotel, freshly broken glass was in the street along with a dead body among other things, the blood still warm. when the door leading inside opened the smell of burnt flesh filled his nose and made him flinch at the harsh scent. he gagged but only briefly. he turned around and point up with his right hand and down with his left. "a few people are fighting above us." he pumped the hand up and down. "and there is a bunker type complex below us. there's a lot more fighting going on down there along with the blue rune stone. "he pumped the left hand down a few times.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster

#120 Post by LuckyMudman »

"Yeah, I can track that, this is a scouting armor. And I agree, these para-military have to be dealt with quickly." With that said, Yarlac shot another explosive bolt down the hallway Russet was shooting, screams of pain confirming his hit. He didn't make it far down the hallway when he felt an echo of a strong Psyche spell. Oh, no he didn't. Yarlac stopped and took out the small ferret bot from his pack and re-activating it. "Skip, friendly ID, Russet. You are to track the toxicity level of the air and lead Russet to a room with the highest concentration of it." He set the small bot on the ground, where it beeped twice for confirmation and skidded a meter down the hallway, stopping and waiting for Russet. "Sorry to bail on you, but I believe you'll be able to hand any goons on your own." Without waiting, Yarlac backtracked through the hallways following Lucretia's tracker signal.

By the time he was underneath Lucretia, Shane, Argo and Clesent, he had already put up mental protection against Psyche magic. Yarlac extended his hand chanting, feeling the surge of power. He thrust his hand upwards, a giant, glowing hand of pure energy punching straight through the floor and grabbing Argo, pulling him down on the floor below and pinning him against the ground. "You ungrateful, arrogant little [censored]! Wizna's done nothing but help you, that rifle you are carrying was forged with Wizna's resources and our engineers gladly gave you their knowledge!" Yarlac was clearly enraged, having two blades out, one against Argo's throat, the other against his heart. "And how do you repay this? BY THREATING LUCRETIA, WIZNA'S COMMANDER AND REFUSING TO STAND DOWN WHEN ORDERED!" The giant hand pressed down harder against the ground, giving Argo absolutely no room for moving. "When your brother came through my guild, accusing you of killing your own mentor and looking for you, we played dumb, not believing that you'd be capable of such an act. Were we wrong in doing so? WAS I WRONG IN BELIEVING THAT YOU WOULDN'T BACK-STAB SOMEONE WHO'S DONE NOTHING BUT HELP YOU!?"