Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

#1 Post by Stryder221 »

Time: 2034, December 22, 5:00 AM

"Gnngh... Oh Gaia have mercy, how much did I have to drink...? Ugh..."
"Watch out!"
"Eh? What? Who-"

*CRASH!*

"Nice of you to... Drop by... Ow..."

Annoyed and in pain due to a white cat-girl falling on top of him, Brown wolf Rye Tristam rose to his feet. So much for his misadventure with Alice all being a dream...
"Weren't cats supposed to land on their feet? Not that I'm complaining, mind."

"Feral cats do that, the rest of us land on our faces half the time. By the way, nice catch."
Said the Red-eyed, slightly scarred Cat-girl, Alice.
"Ha-ha... Very funny... But I have a question. where are we, exactly?

With one look, both Beran noticed they definitely weren't in Ishpa, but rather a darkened alleyway they'd associate with a large city.
Taking a few steps in his new environment, Rye felt the icy cold at his feet, and looking skyward, he saw little white snowflakes in their descent.
"Must be winter, I suppose, wherever we are... Nice going with the stone, by the way."
"Hey, we're alive, aren't we? Don't start complaining on me."
"Do you still have it, though? Or at least the pieces?"

Alice checked through every pocket and pouch on her, but found nothing but knives, lockpicks, and a few glowing red stones.
"Damn... Must have lost it when it went off. In my face, of course."
"Oh well. Anyway, let's see where we ended up. I'll lead."

Before Alice could stop him, Rye bolted off towards the end of the alleyway to the street. To take in the sights, of course.
"Whoa... Hey, Alice! I think you need to see this."
What met their sights was a place thet'd obviously never seen before. A crowded street, made of stone, somewhat crowded with humans, some sporting animal ears and tails. And dividing the street was a road of black, stone-like material as metal chariots occasionally sped by.

"What...? What is this mess? "
"You got me, but I'm going to take a guess and say we're in some sort of human city. It certainly seems outlandish enough, and a wee bit scary. Hey, what's that?"
With no warning, Rye bolted off again, this time towards a peculiar machine containing informational papers, which could be seen through glass. But the problem was...

"Damn, There's nowhere to open this thing. There's this little slot here, big enough for a coin, maybe? Hey, Alice, do you happen to have-?"

"Sonic blade..."

*SLICEY-DICEY!*

Losing her patience with both Rye's running off, and the machine he pointed out, Alice decided to simply slice the thing open using her favorite spell.
Some of the humans glared at the two dangerously, and some looked dumbstruck, while most others, they just didn't seem to care. One of them was talking through a weird communication device, much like the radios and such that human soldiers used, but smaller. Alice couldn't help feeling that he was talking about the two of them.
Not willing to press her luck, Alice took one of the papers that fell out and promptly started dragging Rye back into the alleyway they woke in, out of sight.

"Was that really necessary, slicing it?"
"You would've taken too long, now shut up and let me read this."

Thankfully, the paper was written(?) in the common language. Alice skimmed through as various sentences lept out at her.

MYSTERY STONES REVEALED AS POWER SOURCE

Was one of them, followed by a picture of the three stones, fully intact.

ARTIFICIAL LIFE-FORMS GRANTED CITIZENSHIP

This was followed by a smiling brown wolf Beran(?) next to a grinning human.

SLICER MURDERS CONTINUE TO RISE, LAW ENFORCEMENT BAFFLED

This one was followed by the picture of a human male, sliced to pieces.

PRESIDENT VISITING NEW YORK, WISHES TO SEE MYSTERY STONES

This last one was followed by the portrait of a well-dressed, sharp-eyed individual.

"Definitely a human city. But the good thing is that we can try again, The stones here are intact."
"Is that really a good idea?"

The cat-girl glared at Rye dangerously, sending shivers down his spine. He hated that look of hers ever since they were kids.

"Look, Tristam, right now those runes may be our only hope of returning home. If one sent us here, it can send us back. Do you want to be stuck here forever?"
"Of course not!"

"Then you will help me with the stones. But first, let's get out of the cold, find shelter."
"Agreed..."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

#2 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

A bright blue flash broke out above central park, and a what looked like a blue fireball that fell to the street below, an unfortunate yellow Ford Crown Vic. Landing square onto the unoccupied cab and crumpling it under the weight of the massive sword strapped to the figures back.

It felt like I'd been hit head-on by a collosi soulless. Running my paw through my hair and bumping my ears I slowly sat foreward and groaned Oh Gaia, why must you forsaken me? Ngh my head, doh gaia that hurts real bad. Slidding up I looked around and then down, noticing my wings were ok and noticed that people had started to gather and look around. I heard a loud high pitched wail rise in the background, then another, joined by two more until 4 black cars barreled down the street and surrounded me, men exiting them, guns drawn and at the ready. I take it this means Im not in a friendly city...

The men yelled at me to put my hands up and imediately put me in the car. Making the mistake of leaving my Revolver, and Danger on me. Smiling blatantly one of the men looked at me and cocked an eyebrow What is so funny? Oh.... nothing… say, are the skys clear above by chance? Another man spoke up, the one to my right, [color=#BF0040Yes why?][/color] My smile now a grin spread across my face. Well Gentlemen, you can remember this day as the day you ALMOST caught Shane the prince of Ishpa, now... bye bye!

Smileing I drove the point of Dangerclose through the roof and jumped up, blasting up over the buildings and flying away, looking over the area I came to the realization that I was not in the world I knew anymore.

Picking up the mic in the car as he watched a wolf fly away, specifically one that he was given precise orders to aprehend, quite literally, fly away. Calling his superiors he informed them of the target being in the area. Knowing that the word would soon get to whoever issued the order in the firstplace.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#3 Post by LuckyMudman »

Yarlac's head was in a painfull mist as he slowly woke up, hearing a voice nearby. "Orion?" The voice that answered back wasn't Orion's though, rather an unkown one.

"See, I told you I saw one."
"Haha, I didn't know these guys could get this drunk."

Yarlac's attention was snapped back to reality as a bright flash pierced his eyes, gazin up he saw two Humans with dumb smiles on their faces. Despite common sense, Yarlac's first reaction was to start growling at them. The human holding the camera quickly lost his smile and backed up. "Woah, hangover artificial, let' s get going." The other one nodded and pulled his friend out of Yarlac's field of vision. "Good idea, sorry, we're gone."

"What in the..?" By the time Yarlac managed to scramble on his feet, the two humans were already gone. As he looked around, Yarlac saw that he was in an alley, surrounded by rather tall buildings, resembling the ruins he had so often explored. A quick gaze up and he saw a dented in fire escape, scratching the back of his head he pulled some coagulated blood from his fur, most likely the reason for his headache was a fall where he bounced off the metal staircase. Another thing that stroke him odd was that there was snowfall, bent on figuring out where he was, Yarlac quickly climbed the ten story building, it's construction making it a child's play to climb up as he was used to scaling almost smooth walls in Ishpa. Upon reaching the top he was greeted by a sight that he almost couldn't believe.

In front of him was sprawled a city as far as he could see in this weather, and the same was true for every direction he turned in. He quickly reached the edge of the building he was on and crouched on it, scanning the streets below. They were filled with humans, a lot, everywhere he looked, some of them had tails, but they didn't strike him as the rare hybrids he had seen back home, these were different somehow. Unsure of what he was seeing, he made his way across the snow covered rooftops, but everywhere he went, he was greeted by the same sight: tall, grey buildings and humans filling the streets. It was bigger and more crowded even than Ishpa, a feat he didn't think possible to Humans. Yarlac's hopes rose a little as he glimpsed treetops, but as soon as he reached the nearest buildings, he saw that it was simply a large area of green surrounded by even more buildings, unsure of what to do, he slumped down on the snow, watching the flurry of snowflakes. Where in the Soulless [censored] am I?
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Landing back on the same street I walked for awhile, my sword still visible across my back and the revolver dangling at my belt in its holster, also blatantly visible. As I walked past one particular alley a bright red cylinder swung around the corner and hit me square in the stomach and producing a lound clang off Dangercloses pommel. Falling back with a thud I gripped m stomach as two puncks walked around the corner,

Oh lookie, one a them cosplayers, wonder how much we can sell them things he got fer.

Sliding to my feet I slid my paw back to the hilt of Danger, the street empty except for one familiar tiger in the distance, Guess Ill have to say hi in abit.... but first. Hey man we dont want no trouble, just give us your stuff and you can go. Cocking my head to the side I smiled and slid dangerclose from its strap and spun it twice, Even if I gave you this blade, you couldnt carry it, it weighs in at over 200 pounds. This revolver, I wouldnt trust to common thieves like you. So get lost before I do something YOU'LL regret. At this one of them smirked and pulled a gun. Shaking my head I spun Danger around and buried the axeblade into the crack at his feet, making him run, th other close behind.

With that over I turned and looked across the street before crossing and walked along the sidewalk to rest in the snow next to the tiger, smiling I asked, So Yarlac... what brings you here?
Nuclear Cowboy

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

It wasn't long before the two theives found a shelter, coming in the form of an unused apartment they'd snuck into from the balcony, about five stories above ground. As long as nobody noticed their trespassing, they'd be fine.
"I still can't believe it... Thrown into a human world like this... Amazing..."
Said Rye, watching the sun rise over the city.

"Yeah, I'm sure..."
Said an uninterested Alice, nose buried in newspaper reading a section about the rise of vigilante justice.

"Still, it is a little worrying... I mean, what if we can't go back at all? How would we survive?"
"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we should focus on retrieving the runes."
"About that... We don't know where they are, let alone have a plan to steal them."
"Nobody said it would be easy. And without Artur, it will only get that much harder."

Done with reading, Alice decided to watch the sunrise as well, looking down at the city below.
Oh Gaia, what have I gotten us into...

*Meanwhile...*

"Mr.President, sir? I was, ah, told to speak with you about some supposedly important news."
"Everything can be important depending on how you look at it. But do tell, what's the news."

The woman was hyperventilating slightly under the gaze of the president's bright orange eyes, but she managed to spit out her message.

"Well, you see, sir... Apparently, around ten minutes ago, there's been a failure to take an artificial into custody, a wolf with large wings."
"The inadequacy of the local law enforcement, while disturbing, is not my primary concern. I fail to see why such a message was so important."

"But here's the thing, sir. He arrived the same way one would should they re-enter the earth's atmosphere, crashed into a cab, survived, cut through a cop car's roof with a large sword-thing, and flew off."
"Well, that is interesting news... Is there anything else? And where was this individual last seen?"

Even the President's two bodyguards were interested in this news, and listened closely with raised Eyebrows.

"he was last seen near Central Park, heading east. And in his escape, he's given us a name; "Shane, Prince of Ishpa". Also... There's one more thing...

"Well, spit it out, then."
"A single feather was recovered from the artificial, and while it may sound crazy, there's... There's a trace amount of Rune-stone energy on it, from the blue one in particular."

"It looks like a meeting is in order, then. You're dismissed."

Once the nervous woman had rushed off, the President turned to his two guards.
"I know you two were paying attention. Find this "prince", and bring him to me. We need to have a chat. I'm sure you know where to look, now go!"

"Right away, sir."
"We won't be long."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by LuckyMudman »

As he was pondering on where he'd go to get reliable information Yarlac heard someone approach him. His hand already on the sword he turned to the voice and, seeing Shane, dropped out of alert. "I wish I knew." He rubbed his temple as his head still hurt from the not-so-soft landing. "One moment, I'm chatting with Orion on our way to the castle when we hear a shriek from a guardian drake. We bolt into a run and just as we reach the castle's doors, they blow open with a blast of energy and send us both flying back on our backs." Yarlac turned and waved his hand at the city. "And now I'm in this blasted human city. I mean, a city this big with so many people..." He motioned to the snow falling. "... on the bloody surface. In my line of work, there's no blazing way I wouldn't have heard of such a place, no matter what continent it's on."

He shook his head, recollecting his thoughts. "Ugh, I was supposed to be with my family, not stuck somewhere, again. If the person responsible for this ever gets into my hands..." He motioned strangling an invisible foe with his hand. "... I'll send them flying with no wings needed." Finally calmed a bit, he turned back to Shane. "But enough of my rant, let's get out of this blasted weather." With that Yarlac turned towards the nearby entrance into the building. Trying the door and seeing it was locked, he sighed and pulled out a lock-pick set, getting the door open in a matter of moments and held it open. "Unless you like your feathers soaking wet in this warm snow. How did you end up here yourself anyway?"
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#7 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

As I walked past Yarlac I smiled, You say blasted alot ya know that? Walking into a room nearby I sat in a chair and started to tell my story,

How'd I get here... well, Rye and Black alice managed to steal the blue stone from the castle, and then lockdowm traped them in the courtyard, during the effort to get the stone back I disarmed Alice and then went to take her down… so shee used the stone to block... so, its her and Ryes fault. After that I fell from the sky, crushed a car had people in black suits come after me almost got mugged and now here I am.... any further questions?

Sliding in the chair I forgot danger was on my back and sat down, the chair legs giving way causing me to tumble backwards onto my back.
Nuclear Cowboy

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by LuckyMudman »

"Yes, my language turns foul when I'm angry, get a load of that." Yarlac leaned on the wall, listening to Shane's side of the story. "Rye? He seemed like a good fella, but..." His comment was interrupted short by Shane's tumble onto the floor. "Oh for the love of... That's what you get for lugging that thing around, here." He extended his hand to Shane, helping him up from the remains of the poor chair. "Ugh, as much holes and ideas I could throw around the idea of having a runestone in my hand and how to get it, not to mention how stupid it is to block a strike from what I can only assume was Dangerclose, that's irrelevant now, since we're nowhere near Ishpa or a functional runestone. And believe me, I've been inside the castle a good deal of times without anyone knowing, yet I was never foolish enough to go after the damn thing myself."

Yarlac glanced around the building they were in, it was an apartment complex and he could hear and smell which rooms were occupied and which were currently empty. "But back to the matter at hand. I noticed the humans here aren't overly worried about Beran, allthough I heard them call me "artificial" or something like that. But..." He pointed to Shane's back. "You were diverting a lot of eyes to yourself, no doubt due to the wings and the sword and, well, your attire. No offense." He walked down the hallway, stopping at one of the doors. "I have an idea how to blend in, but it would require some B&E into these rooms since we'd both need a little more incospicous clothes. You up for it?" He crossed his arms, thinking and smiling at Shane. "And don't worry, I know how to blend in among humans with a little trick of my own. Last time I did it was to clear out an entire group of them... Twenty-three humans, and they never knew one of them would slice their throats open."

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#9 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Smiling I cracked my neck and looked over to Yarlac, I guess you're right, alright, lets go. Walking out of the room I stretched my arms and bumped my head with my paw, noticing the feeling of feathers, with a puzzled look on my face I turned to a mirror and lookd in it and simply stared, uhhhhhhhhhmmmm Yarlac... come here. Turning to Yarlac I pointed to the top of my head, small jetblack feathered wings were on my head, Where did these come from?
Nuclear Cowboy

isstmich
Grand Templar

#10 Post by isstmich »

A sound, a cracking, an explosion, a thought. a Single thought emerged from the explosion of the Blue rune-stone, one that didnt exist before the explosion and one that would continue to not exist in the current time after the explosion. in the instant the blue Rune-stone was broken something that wasnt, now was. At that same moment that something now was in a place is wasnt only moments ago, a place it didnt exist in moments ago. Kazissky D' Magnus is what this something will later call itself, but for now it just realized its alive and it is both watching the Blue Rune-stone being broken and waiting to exist immediately after it breaks at the same time. this confused the poor beast. how could it possibly exist in a time it never existed before and how could it be watching it own creation. this may be a very confusing matter to someone that isnt Kazissky because to Kazissky this seems perfectly normal. he doesnt see time as others see time, but he isnt aware of this. he thinks everybody sees the world like this. everything that is and will be is where is was and wont be. suddenly realizing he is about to be hit by an explosion the likes of which people have not seen in thousands of years he braces himself for impact but in doing so, accidentally pulls at the connection between his current self and is future self. the two points of existence align and overlap and as the blast wave from the breaking rune-stone hits them both a hole is formed leading a point unknown and Kazissky is pushing though it.

Sliding backwards his feet creating steak lines in the snow he was now cold. he did not know exactly what cold was but he knows he most certainly doesnt like it. instead of sitting around waiting for the cold to make him more cold he moves to find warmth. he shivers as he stumbles into an ally-way his jaw clicking on itself madly as he does. there are two bodies in the ally, and their warm. he stumbled up to one th bodies and hugged it. "Waaaaaarmmm" he groaned out of chattering teeth, as he rubbed into the body.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#11 Post by anonfox123 »

A huge crash. Smoke. The sound of a dying engine... What the hell had just happened? I snapped to full wakefulness as memories of the past seconds flashed across my vision: A huge beam of light had blasted upwards in the distance, expanding outwards, consuming everything before it in a wave of arcane energy. Consuming me in a wave of arcane energy... Well, kind of. Maybe not exactly consumed, per-se, seeing as I was still a solid, self-aware piece of matter instead of a vapor. Patting myself down as I got up, I found that my pistol and the axe I was originally going to bring to sparring were still there. The same went for the communicator unit I'd picked up from some Winzan scientists, but it seemed shorted out for now.

One plus side, I guess although... Wait... I moved my hands around behind myself to make sure: where the heck was my tail? I stumbled over to a mirror-like sheet of ice on the ground: sure enough, almost every trace of my wolfen self was gone. I was back to being human. I shook my head just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but a small flash of light caught my attention. I stopped, my gaze settling on my arm: a shimmering ring of orange light was wrapped around it, with my fuzzy, padded paw-hand on one side, and a human arm on the other. Slowly, the light moved down my arm, hiding the paw completely. I frowned in concentration, trying to visualize the reverse of the process: surprisingly, I managed to bring the light back, revealing almost my whole arm before it snapped back, leaving me fully human again. Darn.

Looking around, the wreckage of a UAV and a half-obliterated trashcan was smouldering slightly, smoke pouring from a hole in the fuselage. I almost fainted as I poked my head out of the alley to behold a scene right out of a historical archive: the full winter glory of New York city, buzzing with an energy truly fitting of the fabled metropolis. I'd always been skeptical of time travel, but hey: up until about a month ago I didn't believe in magic either.

I was snapped out of my reverie as the comm unit sparked to life, locking onto a police channel. It seemed like the UAV crash had attracted some attention: time to make myself scarce.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by LuckyMudman »

Yarlac looked towards Shane, noticing the newest addition to his head. "Uhhh... That's gonna complicate things. Seems there was a lot more vacant space in that noggin of yours than I first thought." Yarlac picked the lock on the apartment doors as well, ushering Shane to follow him. "Come on, I'll take a look at it in here, not in the hallway."

Oh hardy har har. Come on let's go. Following Yarlac into the doorway and looking around the room.

After they went inside, Yarlac checked his pack for anything usefull, but there was nothing but poisons and a few antidotes. He picked out two vials of the mildest poison he had and drained them in the nearby sink. "A damn shame, would've gone better in a drink." After he cleaned the vials, he turned back to Shane. "Now, I hope you don't mind if I'd drain some of your blood, just to fill these?" He held out the two vials in his hand, between the two, it was probably just enough to fill a small syrnge worth of fluid.

Might I ask why?

"Of course. You've survived two direct discharges from the blue runestone, the first one giving you wings, and the second one, much more worse than the first one, left you no worse for wear, except the small cosmetic issue there. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't turn into a soulless yet. There's only so much I can do probing with magic, but a bit of your blood would actually provide some insight into why you're still standing here, as oppossed to completely mutating and going ballistic on anything that's moving. I'm sure you'd want to know if anything else happened aside from that extra pair of wings?"

Puting his hand to his muzzle Shane thought for a second and grimaced, I hate needles but alright why not. As he said this the runes on his back lit up slightly and the headwings slipped away and his wings grew slightly Why's my head feel lighter?

"Mark me impressed... I think I know what's happening. Hold still." Yarlac put his hand on top of Shane's head and muttered in Draconic. {Myria's hands} As he did so, a trickle of Yarlac's energy started surging through Shane, giving him insight into Shane's own energy and physique. "Oh, and, when did I ever say anything about needles?" With that Yarlac grinned as he lifted his other hand and sliced at Shane's shoulder with his thumb claw, holding the two vials underneath the cut and quickly filling them, after which he passed a finger over the cut closing it back up. "Say, you ever heard of or saw a Shapeshifter?"

Well you're right, you didnt mention that. Yes, I have heard of them, the first hit left me with some controll over it along with psyche magic, for some reason it feels the psyche part got abit stronger... What're you getting at?

"Well, since you already know about it, there's no point in explaining the finer aspects of White-Black-Psyche magic balance needed for shapeshifting. If your psych magic got boosted by the second hit, you're probably going to have one heck of an easy time getting to that sweet-spot of balance needed for a proper shapeshift." Yarlac sealed one vial of Shane's blood and placed it in a pouch. A little something for Wilde and Asher. Holding the second one up, he drew a purge rune in the air over it, and it lit ablaze with a white flame. "And here's the bad news, there's so much Hellfire inside you, your blood might actually be poison now. It's really a miracle you're not a soulless now."

Yea, my family is extremely, and quite frankly notoriously immune to the virus, and being an angel adds abit too.... so I should be able to do it with ease? I'd step back then.... might get... breaky...As he said this Shane focused on his wings and pumped magic into them to get it started, slowly they darkened and solidified into two thick black arms with massive hands on both of them. Looking at them he smiled, Cool. Swinging them back and forth he let it slip and they formed back into wings and he claped, a massive grin played out on his face I like this!

"I can't say it won't be usefull." Yarlac looked around a bit and opened a clothing closet. It had clothes for both males and females in it. Brown leather caught his eye, so he pulled it out and it turned out to be a trenchcoat. "Nice, now, for that blending in. I did say I have a trick of my own." Yarlac closed his eyes, focusing and whispering a chant to himself, as he did, the air around him distorted a bit and his face was now showing a white-skinned human with black dreadlocks instead of a tiger Beran, allthough the rest of him was unchanged, and his voice was still the deep one of a tiger. "I can't read minds, nor am I versed in any other aspect of Illusion magic. But I managed to pick up and refine this little piece of illusion." He wrapped the trenchcoat around himself, effectively hiding his tail and armor. "You think there might be anything you could do about hiding those wings? I could always make them invisible if you don't have ideas."

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Stryder221 »

Steal some clothes, Alice had said, they needed something more inconspicuous.
However, things don't always go according to plan, as they saw the strangest sight in the alleyway they planned their mugging. (Of which, Rye disapproved.)

"What in the world is that... Thing?"
"Certainly no Beran, that's for sure..."

"I don't care if he's your step-mother's cousin! Just get him off!"
Screamed the unfortunate human being hugged by a weird lizan-canine thing, with two pairs of leathery wings, wearing no more than a loincloth.

"Alice, hand me your cloak, he's freezing."
Reluctantly, the cat-girl handed said cloak over to Rye, who had begun trying to pry the thing off the human with help from his friend.

"C'mon, get up. We need to get you indoors."

---------------------------------------------

"Detect rune energies my furry tail. I say this thing's broken."
"Maybe if you weren't waving it around like a drunken idiot, Lionel... And besides, it's only a prototype. Hand it here."
As Lionel handed the prototype scanner over to the other guard, the radio on his wrist came to life, spouting police chatter, something about a smashed aircraft.

"Sorry, friend. This could be important. Have fun with your broken prototype."
As Lionel ran off to find a car, the now lone guard let out a sigh, and inputted a few button presses to the scanner, along with a few "delicate taps". Soon enough, it came to life, displaying several areas where rune energy was found. But something was odd, as it displayed more than expected. Indeed, there must have been at least six signals.

Huh, it really is broken...

Still, he ignored this, stretching out a pair of brilliant angelic wings, and with a mighty flap, was soaring through the skies to the closest candidate, an apartment complex.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#14 Post by anonfox123 »

I slowly managed to uncross my eyes form where they had focused on the tip of the glinting, coal-black blade pointed at my face. A female voice called out, somewhat distorted by whatever systems were in that faceless, angular helmet: “Stop! Why did I get a Wizna tracking signal from you? Talk Name and rank or I’ll start slicing!”

Right then: I wasn't too keen on getting turned into people pieces, so I started talking. "The Winza signal? Probably coming from the comm unit your scientists gave me when I was working with them." I gingerly pulled it from my pocket and held it up, showing the Winzan logo on it. "Now could you get that sword out of my face? We probably have only a minute until the cops get here, and I don't think they're going to take too well to a human being threatened by some menacing armored figure." But then, as if on cue, several squad cars rolled up to the entrance of the alleyway, the officers getting out with their weapons drawn but not yet raised. Surprisingly even a few anthropomorphic German Shepherds were among their ranks. It was surreal, the way the Winzan operative's equipment stood out as a complete anachronism in what could have been a scene right out of a historical TV show. "Ok, so I guess we didn't even have a minute. Seconds, maybe, but those are long gone now, I'm afraid."
(This is not the same alley as the one isstmich's character is in, in case anyone is confused)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#15 Post by anonfox123 »

I cringed at the look of skepticism the officers gave in response to the operative's little speech.
The lead officer called out: "There is no Winzo-whatever governmental directive! Stand down, you have no right to be here and you will be taken into custody for damage to police property!" He raised his gun, with the other offers following suit. I swallowed nevously: a few shotguns were being fielded as well. Probably not enough to get through the operative's armor, but I still had little old me to worry about.

"You PMC types are all on thin ice anyway." The cop continued, a look of hateful disgust twisting his features beneath a pair of aviators. "But fielding armored units, a combat-tier articifal no less, in the middle of New York city? That's the final straw. Now get on the ground: I'm running out of patience, you godless [censored]!"

I couldn't help but notice as I started tingling all over, as if I was instinctively preparing for the coming [censored]-storm. Then my heart stopped for a split second as I felt my tail swish against my legs: I'd just shifted back to being a wolf right in front a crowd of cops. Then my heart started again, racing at breakneck pace as a shot rang out. I threw my hands up in a futile defense, only to have the bullet ping off of a shard of glowing, transparent-orange... something, suspended in front of my face. As the shard faded, time seemed to stop as I saw that that one shot had started a chain reaction, a frozen moment where fingers had tightened around at least five different triggers. If I was the one who had made that shield-shard thing, I really, really hoped I could do it again. If someone else was doing it, I really, really hoped they could do it again.

And then time started again.