Conduit RP: IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Conduit RP: IC

#1 Post by Myperson54 »

ERROR:
No memories contained.
Incoming PING.
Time- 00:00:00
Location- ....... Unverified....
Temperature- -30° Centigrade
Systems Analysis- All systems operational.
*~~~~~*
-Good Morning,
-Conduit 000004.
-Cryogenics pod
-door is open.
-System Boot
-complete.
*~~~~~*

The message on the screen in the cryo pod went unnoticed as the Arctic Wolf inside began to wake up. Truth be told, it wasnt even morning, more like late afternoon. The sun always shone bright this time of year in Siberia, though. The wolf began to stir. Sol... Time to wake up, Sol. How odd, the wolf called Sol thought, that he was being woken up right now. He wanted to stay asleep, in his nice, cozy.... freezing... cryo pod.... He jerked upright, hitting his head on the control panel in the process. Muttering profanities, Sol put a hand to his head and tried to sit upright. Then he vomited cryogenic preserve into a bucket to his left. "Mmm... What a great wakeup. I shoulda just stayed asleep." He knew what to do. It had been drilled into him from day one of the migration. Clearing his throat, Sol gave the command and counted to three. The door of his cryo pod blew off its welds like a paper in the wind. Climbing out, he could see... Ice. Great. He was stuck in a cave of ice. "Computer, any info on my location?" he asked. The pod bleeped negative, but displayed "Planet Earth". That was of no help to him at all. Great job, pod. Sighing, Sol reached back in and pulled out his trusty hard-light DMR and fired a shot into the ice above him. A hole about 6" thick penetrated the ice, revealing a blue sky only ten feet away. More confident, Sol grinned and got to work.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Silentdeath
Master

#2 Post by Silentdeath »

Lucifer was asleep on the bed in Weyland's guest room as heard the alarm clock in his room go off he turned it off. He sat up slowly as he held his head in his hands again as he thought about the dream from last night. On his back his bio glow showed dimly as he got up slowly so he could get ready for the day. He went to the bathroom upstairs after Weyland and Angel were done with it and took a shower in the shower making sure not to anger Weyland at all since he was being nice to let him stay here.

After Lucifer had his cloths on and was dry he came down the stairs slowly heading to the kitchen and sat at his corner of the table away from Weyland and Angel since he didn't talk english at all yet so he mostly kept to himself. He looked at the tv slowly hoping for something to come up that could atleast let him get out of the house more.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

A loud hiss and cold, all my senses told me, then air, sweet air, I hadnt smelt it or felt it in my lungs in over a thousand years. I checked my paws, the fur crackling as the ice thawed. Slowly I reached foreward, my eyes casting a light glow across the interior of the frozen pod. Gripping the edge I slowly slid myself foreward and out of the pod. Stumbling towards the pedestal atop which a young fox stood with the engineers arm. Slowly reaching foreward, a pack in hand I watched as his paw caught on the strap and took it before helping me up, I muttered one word, Harbinger. Passing out I slowly slid down the fox's side. Waking up I was proped up against the side of a cliff face next to my designated ruin.

Lapseing in and out of conscienceness, on one of the dips I saw Safia standing nearby, in a boost of energy, the engineer sitting near by, I stood up and wobled slowly toward her, a smile slowly playing out on my face, before imediately swooping her to the side and giving her a long kiss, information pouring in. After two minutes I stoped and stood next to her, taking in more and more. After a few minutes I felt ready to speak. The words rolling off my tounge in a low southern drawl,

Ahem, Weyland is it? I'm Shane, if you care, please, the pack.

Imediately Weyland threw the pack like a snake that was ready to bite him. Sliding my paw down the side of the pack I caught a switch and imediately an electric whine could be heard as the pack flipped out to a glaive with the word Harbinger plated along its side,

Perhaps Ill show ya how ta use et later. But right jnow I need ma sleep, a thousan' years in crya can do that ta ya...

Slowly the four of us trecked back to his car and he took me to Angels relic, where I recovered from "Freezer burn" for the next month. Now I walked down a street with no sign, Weylands house near by. My Judge and ammo at my side, and Safia to my right, her .45 and dagger in their respective spots. Both guns I had bought by cleaning Wakes old junk cars out ofc the streets, nearly dragging them to the junkyard, both guns stamped with the conduit symbol, hers on the slide twice, mine 6 on the drum. The sentinel back at my relic had done well. As we walk up the drive to the house I stopped at the door and looked at Safia,

Ya ready?
As I'll ever be...

Knoding I turned and beat my paw in a fist on the door twice before leaning on the wall,

'Et's see how su'prised he is ta see me all good awl ready.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#4 Post by LuckyMudman »

Michael stared out the window of his small loft, taking in the view of the edge of Wake. He was holding his revolver in hand, emptied of bullets. Lifting it up, he aimed it at the heads of random passers-by, pulling the trigger and imagining the result after each empty click. After a minute of the fictional slaughter he sighed and put the gun into a drawer next to a box of .44 ammo. He went into the bathroom and washed up, staring into the mirror at his mechanical limbs and scarred chest, most of the scars invisible under the fur. He shook his head and got back into his room where dressed up and looked towards the calendar, today was marked with red words: 'Hound pit'. After a short breakfast, Michael put on his white jacket and left the cramped, depressing loft, embracing the sunlight as he walked further into the town.

Passing the "Sam And Ella's" restourant, Michael entered a bar called "The Waking Vixen", noticing a poster outside announcing today's fights in the hounds pit. He entered and was greeted by the usual noise of chatter and the smell of just about everything short of burning flesh. Taking a seat at the bar counter, he motioned to the bartender.
"I'll be having my usual."
The bartender passed him a mug filled with chilled ale.
"You're a bit early, couldn't sleep?"
Michael shook his head and pointed at the TV which was broadcasting a cage match between a wolf and a cougar.
"I thought I might catch up on the new ones, see what they're made of."
"Oh, say, aren't you up for show today? Who's got the pit with you?"
"Some minotaur, calls himself 'The Raging Bull'. What I've seen so far, he hits like one. We're the first fight after the prelims, so I've got an hour 'n' a half to kill."
The bartender nodded and left Michael in peace to watch the fighting as the wolf slammed the cougar's head against the cage untill he passed out and the judge broke them apart, announcing the winner.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

Ngh... My head... Wait, where am I?
Dan woke slowly with his head throbbing mercilessly... Upon opening his eyes, he saw he was sitting at a table. The room was painfully bright, and devoid of any furnishings other than the table.

"Oh good, you're awake."
"We have a few questions for you, kid."
Two anthromorphs stood at the opposite end of the table. They apparently were waiting for him to regain consciousness.
They were a wolf and a tigress, both with a sort of badge at their chests.
However, given Dan's limited knowledge of their language, they might as well have been speaking gibberish as he stared at them.

"Nothing to say?"
"Please, we just want some answers... for one, what is your name? We checked, but nothing came up on you."
"..."

"Okay... What about-"
"Listen, kid. a certain officer Johnson has a valid claim a ferret by your description threatened him with his own gun. We even found it in your coat. What do you have to say for yourself?"
"...Eh?"
Dan could only mentally curse as he stared, not knowing what the hell these two wanted.

"Look, shorty. If you don't want to talk, we'll have to do this the hard way."
"Huh?! S-shorty?!"
The conduit's temper soared at that one word. "Shorty". It was the only word he knew, and he hated it. Anything that mocked his size had to learn a lesson.

"What? Gah! Teeth! Sharp teeth on the arm!"
"Grrr!"

Dan leaped onto the wolf, biting and clawing at every inch he could reach before the tigress smashed a baton to the back of his head, rendering the conduit unconscious.
"Next time... Don't call him short... Damn, that little guy's vicious."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

deathwatch
Council Member

#6 Post by deathwatch »

A red light barely illuminated the empty space inside the aircraft's cargo hold. One man sat inside, close to the exit. His features unseen through a black visor, he wore a black jumpsuit and two bags, one over the other.

A voice crackled over the holds speaker,
We are over the target in 50 seconds, prepare to jump.

The man stood up and walked over to the holds ramp. It opened slowly to reveal the area below, he was passing over a town.

The voice returned.
Green, light, green light to jump.

The man walked out to the edge of the ramp, leaned forward and fell. Once he reached around 500 feet he pulled a string attached to the jumpsuit and deployed his parachute, gliding smoothly down into a clearing and landing with precision that could only come from years of practice.

Once on the ground he pulled off the jumpsuit revealing his formal attire. The helmet stayed on, so he could maintain secrecy. He shoved all the evidence of his landing into the parachute bag and drew a pistol from the other before moving off, the landing was made in the right area so he knew where he was going from here, it was only a short walk to the cabin.

He kept off the paths and shifted through the vegetation, he was still in a park and as such rangers could pose a minor threat to him. He was nearing the cabin, but as it was closer to the rangers office he had to be more careful. As he tried to cross a path he was caught out, a pair of them were coming down the path and heading towards him, they probably noticed his handgun, because they both had M9's and were aiming at him. He entertained the thought of letting them get close enough for him to disarm both of them and as they closed in, yelling at him to drop his own weapon, he lashed out knocking one of them back and stunning the other long enough for him to get to cover behind a thick redwood.

Both of the rangers, they must have been feds, or an extension of the police force, he could hear them, radioing for police backup, that would be problematic. He carefully peaked around the tree and held out the pistol, he looked at the weapon, the silencer wasn't attached, he cursed under his breath and took aim, putting the radio in his sights and firing, causing the device to fragment into a million tiny pieces and ending the call. The rangers returned fire, although they only wasted their ammunition as he was behind the very thick tree, once the firing stopped he popped briefly out of cover and fired back, striking one of them in the knee and the other in the shoulder. He walked over to them kicking their pistols away, kneeling down and, using the grip of his handgun, struck both of them unconscious. He collected the two M9's and began moving away, no doubt that the local police forces had received enough of the radio broadcast to know what was happening and anyone within earshot of the gunfire would be calling them. He moved out of the area as fast as he could, sprinting down the path and far from the scene, by the time reinforcements arrived he would be enjoying a cup of earl grey and a warm fire.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#7 Post by isstmich »

Strippenzieher

A young man walked into a coffee shop, nothing so spectacular but this young man was concealing a loaded firearm he planned to empty into the shop and anyone in it. his motivation you may ask? well lets just say the voices in his head are a little more then just voices. he walks right up tot he counter the cashier looks at him and says something Ryan cant hear him though the sound of Strippenzieher's voice is so loud its the only thing he can hear. "good Ryan now your not standing where i planed you to, take one directionally right diagonally step forward 8 inches then draw the gun and fire." the voice commanded

"but im fine here ill just pull the gun out and shoot everyone now." he thought back, and went to get the firearm out of his inside coat pocket. Strippenzieher was less then pleased and locked Ryan's arm up he could feel the gun but try as he might he could not grab it.

"move to the predetermined spot Ryan"

"i dont need to, i can still shoot everyone just as well from where im standing now." and then it was silent something Ryan had not experienced in over a month. Strippenzieher was not saying anything he was able to hear the outside world again and he looked up in time to see the Cashier waving his hand back in forth.

"lllooooooo?" he cashier said. "you ordering something buddy?"

Ryan took a breath he could finally hear again the voice was gone he thought, but then Strippenzieher returned. "Im sorry Ryan you are a tool to me and a toll that doesnt do its job is broken and i throw away broken tools. pull the gun from your jacket and put it to your temple then pull the trigger." Ryans hand crept slowly to the gun again and he knew what was going to happen. he tried to resist the power over his arm but he couldnt stop it. Slowly the gun was pulled from his jacket and everyone in the coffee shop panicked. ryan couldnt hear the nice cashier anymore only Strippenzieher's voice it was laughing in his head. a bone chilling chuckle as the tip of the barrel was placed against his temple.

Ryan move to where Strippenzieher demanded him , "there im where i was supposed to be."

"Too late Ryan im cutting my losses." Ryan pulled the trigger and fell limp on the floor.

The spider like creature was stuck to the side of a building nearby while he was Manipulating the young boy. it was a waste of his time for such a potential good source of data to just stop short like that...he felt hungry all of the sudden. maybe someone threw away those delicious hot dog things he found in the trash often.
~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent awoke in his bed he was in a cold sweat, his head was filled with all the people he wasnt able to save and how they died in front of him. he shook his head vigorously to the side trying to shake the memories. he sat up in his bed and hung he legs off the side, as he stood up he touched a letter on his night stand and set about his morning routine. he check his home phone for messages, then his cell phone and finally double checked to see if his pager had gone off, thankfully it hadn't. he sat down at his computer and jiggled the mouse the monitor sparked on and he checked his online DnD website. his latest campaign hadn't been updated, in over a week and he was beginning to wonder if the DM had lost interest in it.

He got up from his desk and went to his kitchen he dropped a pot willed with water on the stove and made himself some malt and oats. his breakfast over Vincent went back to his bedroom and put on a nice shirt and changed his pajama pants into a nice pair of denim jeans. crossing the master bedroom to his personal bathroom he looked in the mirror and fidgeted with his hair and put on his wrist watch. he checked the date and time, "oh im not on duty today."

Vincent went to his closet and got his medical hand bag and turned off all the stuff in his house before going out the front door and locking it. he had plans to head to the local bar, where bare knuckle cage fighting was popular.

when he arrived he walked straight up the the bar and sat down setting his bag on the counter. when the bartender gave him some attention he asked. "where are your post fight boys and do they need medical treatment?" the bartender gave him a scowl and didnt answer him. he turned on his bar stool and noticed the tiger sitting next to him. placing his hand on the young mans shoulder to make sure he knew he was the being talked to. "come here often?"

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

Once he had climbed out of the pit, Sol looked about him. He appeared to be in a kind of abandoned complex of buildings. Tall grey watchtowers lined a decrepit wall, glass panes shattered by the cold. He didn't feel very comfortable sticking around, so he hefted the gun and began to jog away.

After about an hour of jogging and walking through the snow, Sol thought he spotted shadowy figures in the distance. As unlikely as it was there was anyone else out here, he was a conduit, and he was quickly running out of energy. Picking up his pace, he stumbled forward, yelling out. As he ran, he realized he had no clue what language they spoke. Oh well. He would deal with that when it came up.

As he ran closer to the figures... no, figure, single, he called out for it to stop. It turned around, pulled out a small pistol from its heavy coat, and shot him in the chest.
The last thing Sol remembered thinking was, How friendly these people are...

~~~~~~~~

The bag was ripped off Sol's head. He could feel the rough fabric being pulled across his sensitive nose dispassionately. A brute of a grizzly stood in front of him, hands on the table between them. "Я вижу, что ты не спишь. У меня есть несколько вопросов к вам. Я надеюсь, что вы будете сотрудничать, как для нашего блага." This was interesting. How did he respond to someone whose language he don't know? Sol tried to get some notion of his illiteracy across. "I... no speak... you." he pointed at himself, then his mouth, and finally at the bear, shaking my head. One of the guards, a Husky, said something else. "Он играет с нами. Пытаясь заставить нас выглядеть дураками!" The bear nodded and seemed to agree. He started at Sol again. "Почему бы тебе просто не ответить? Никакого вреда не придет к вам, если вы просто сотрудничать" Sol shrugged, trying to show he didn't know their language. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. Lifting his ands, he motioned to the bear, for him to lean over the table. He gave Sol a funny look, but leaned forward and said something else unintelligible. Here we go... thought Sol, as he placed his hands on the bear's head. His guards instantly pointed their primitive (but dangerous) firearms at him. Making sounds along the lines of "Don't worry" and "Oh ancients, dont shoot me," he placed his forehead against the Bear's and focused his energy. Suddenly, both creatures were locked together as fragments of a language Sol could only identify as "Russian," and less of one called "English" flowed into his brain. When it was over, both he and his captor were flung backwards onto the floor.
{"Wait! Wait! No shoot! Wait!"} he yelled in his new, broken Russian. {"I can explain."}

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Stryder221 »

Ow... Not again... I'll get my skull cracked if this keeps up...
Dan awoke painfully with his head throbbing even more painfully than before. Except this time, he was in a prison cell, with only a barred hole for a window.

Where am I, anyway?
Curious and slightly hopeful, Dan had decided to take a look out the "window". If he was lucky, he was already where he needed to be... Except the jail part.

It seemed to be a city of sorts, with Human(?) structures built all over the place, far more than Dan had seen so far...
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this is where the signal came from... I should probably just wait for now... After all, I've done nothing wrong...

*Later...*

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!"
The wolven cop could only stare in disbelief at the molten mess that used to be prison bars mere minutes ago.

"Did that kid just MELT solid steel bars?! What the [bleep!]"

Grumbling, the wolf ran off to see if the security cameras caught evidence of what happened here.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Silentdeath
Master

#10 Post by Silentdeath »

Lucifer looked over at Weyland when he came down with the journal that had translations for Shane to use to help him. Lucifer groans out loud to show that he didn't want to talk to anyone at all today. He slowly got up and went to a bookcase and looked at the books as if he was going to read one of them. Lucifer had a frown on his face as he kept to himself as he then went to the stairs as he left the TV on for them to watch as he set up for a game of pool by himself.

Lucifer grew to like the game ever since Weyland taught him the rules by showing him how to play. He racked up all the balls up except the cue ball and slowly took the rack off and set it to the side before grabbing the cue ball. He placed the cue ball across for the others and picked up a cue stick before starting the game.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!

deathwatch
Council Member

#11 Post by deathwatch »

The man ran along the path until he finally made it to a clearing that had a road cut through it, the cabin was on the other side of the road. He ran across quickly, as there was soon to be police vehicles in the area soon. He moved quickly up the path and over to the door which he shoved the key in and unlocked. Once inside he looked around, the interior wasn't bad, a few sofas, a coffee table, a T.V. and a fire, there was also a kitchen area. He moved over to one of the sofas and sat down before removing the helmet, revealing his face. He ran his hand through his hair to fix it after the helmet had pulled it up, making him look rather comical for one so serious. As he took his coat off he heard something in one on the bedrooms and jumped up, once again drawing his pistol and and slowly creeping towards the room, it seemed someone was there, he could hear a voice, he could immediately tell it was a she. He put his hand on the door handle and slowly pushed it open, he then burst into the room and what he saw sent him back out of the room, his pale face now red. In the room was a vixen, all she had on was a towel and it only covered her waist. He could hear laughing coming from inside the room.
I assume you're 'deus Mortiis' then, or should I call you Sicarius? She said through the now closed door. Sicarius worked up a quick answer, but he wasn't quite sure how she got his name.
That is my name, I'm sorry for the intrusion Ma'am I didn't know... He said before he was cut off.
It's alright. My name's Kathrine, I was told you'd be here by MI5, I was sent here to support you.
Sicarius thought for a moment, MI5 shouldn't even know about this operation, MI6 was the only one with clearance. But it was too late to start complaining now.
Once again I apologize, I thought I would be alone.
It's fine, And I suggest you gather the stuff you came in with up, I'll be out in a minute to stow it away.
Sicarius went back over to the sofa, his face returning to its normal shade and in a moment she came out wearing a white top and black trousers. She went over to Sicarius and took the bag and helmet off of him then moved the table and lifted up the rug that was beneath it to reveal a trap door. She opened it and climbed down the ladder.
Come on down, you should see this too. She shouted up.
So Sicarius went down and hit the floor just as Kathrine hit the lights. The room was essentially an armoury. A few weapons lined a wall mount and crates containing munitions, ration packs and stasis units were stacked in one corner, there was also a computer set up and next to it was a myriad of espionage equipment ranging from cameras to hacking units. Everything they would need for their mission. Katherine strolled over to a long black tube, she popped the lid and produced a broadsword from it.
This one's my favorite, anyway, this room was set up so that we could store our findings in it, it has been lined with lead and can stop anything from detecting it in order to maintain secrecy. She said as she dumped the bags and helmet in the corner and brushed past him on her way up the ladder. As he followed up he could hear the distinct noise of sirens coming from along the road. They must be coming for what I did, two rangers tried to stop me on my way here.
Katherine looked at him and shook her head, The only problem I had was some cretin that thought he could have his way with me, I'm still waiting on them finding the body. She laughed under her breath and turned the t.v. on, Come sit down, when they arrive they are sure to come knocking and we don't want to look suspicious, do we?
Good point. Sicarius said as he sat down next to her.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#12 Post by Myperson54 »

Sol was sitting in a "car," a kind of combustion-engine vehicle with wheels. How quaint. This particular model was driving along a path toward a place where there was supposedly a major city. They called it "Moscow."
{....And so they froze us in these tubes and stuck us here, and we've been waiting for you to find us ever since.} The human driving the car seemed to be having a hard time taking it all in.
{It certainly explains a lot. Here, take a look through this.} He signalled to the husky from before (They had left the grizzly behind.), who handed Sol a thick manila folder. {The first sighting was hundreds of years ago. Natives of several countries had mythologies about a tall, thin man with no facial features. Sounds an awful lot like your "Linemen."} Sol nodded.
{That describes them rather well. Have you ever found others?}
{A few of different sorts, some big, some small, but they were all obviously from the same group. We thought they were prototype weapons of some sort. But then we spotted somwthing else: Large cylindrical pods.
At first, we found just a few. One showed up beneath London, one in a church in Boston, a few others. Your pod had a map, you said. You showed up in Chernobyl, Ukraine.}

Sol flipped through the pages of his folder until he found a picture of some people in lab coats standing around his pod.
{That's me, all right. What were they doing?} The human shook his head.
{They were tragically killed in an explosion. The tests they were doing on your pod.... they were trying to harvest energy from the strange devices in your pod. The explosion was later reported as a nuclear plant failure, but we knew better. When it was safe to move the pod, we did. We buried it under a Siberian prison camp and spread lies about Chernobyl to make sure these secrets would never be found. The pods never opened, and we were content with that.}
Sol nodded and flipped through his folder.
{If you weren't able to open the pods before, how come I woke up now?} he asked. The husky in the back seat said, {Page seventy-three. This fox, one "Weyland," is responsible for all this. He released a conduit just like you, and now several more cases have been reported, discreetly, but we've found them. Since then, they've all been heading to an American city called "Wake." That's where we're sending you.}
Sol looked back at him. {Are you coming with me?}
The husky shook his head. {Nyet, comrade. We'll stay behind here. There's a good chance we could find another conduit, and we know how to protect conduits. You're lucky we were patrolling yesterday. Don't worry, though; the flight will be private, and very indirect. You'll be safe.}
Sol nodded. {Thanks. I'm very appreciative.}
The husky smiled at him. {Just remember: You don't exist. No one knows what you are but Weyland. Find him at all costs.}

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#13 Post by LuckyMudman »

Michael's attention was snapped from the television as an elderly human placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned and quickly went over the man with his eyes, noticing the bag he was carrying. "Yes, I frequent. What's it to you?"

"Whoa there buddy, relax, I'm a doctor and if you're in that cage you must get torn up and open from time to time." With a flick of his wrist Vincent digs up a business card from his shirt's breast pocket and offers it to the tiger. "You may need my assistance from time to time." He gave the tiger a big friendly smile. "Don't worry about a fee, I'm here to help free of charge."

Michael flipped the business card in his fingers, reading it. "A doc huh?" He smiled and gave the card back to Vincent. "There's one problem though..." Michael rolled up his sleeve, showing that the bionic appendage extended all the way to the shoulder. "...if I get busted, I'll be needing a mechanic, not a doctor, since it's like this for the other arm and both legs as well." He rolled his sleeve back down and continued. "You might want to check with other fighters though, some do tend to get pretty roughed up."

Vincent could not help but to smile at the robotic limbs. "Nice biotics, what did you do to lose the originals?" He chuckled for a moment before jestfully poking the tiger in the chest. "I can't help your arms or legs anymore, but if this gets damaged call me."

"What'd I do? My humvee got hit by an rpg and I was inside while it flew down a cliffside." Michael finished his drink and pocketed Vincent's card. "Very well, if I crack a rib or something, I'll give you a call. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get ready for my match." He stood up giving a slight nod to the doctor and left for the basement, the "Hounds Pit" cage, with Vincent following him to the preperation area for fighters, intent on helping whomever needs medical help.

----------

After an hour of warmup and assessing his opponent, Michael left for the cage. As he was passing through the crowd, Michael glanced at the cameras, thinking on how people watched this display of blood and pain for fun. It didn't really bother him since they were all being well paid for putting on a good fight. He entered the closed off cage, leaving his white jacket in the hands of his appointed handler. Glancing across the ring, Michael took in the physical appearance and the sheer size of his opponent. The minotaur, who was introduced with the name Harold Serwtzig, was a whole head taller than Michael, with muscles buffed up by the abuse of various body-building additives. They both approached the center of the cage and were reminded of the ground rules: no hits under the belt and no gouging the eyes out. They bumped their fists and the Minotaur grinned at him. "I'll rip those fancy arms of your's off and take them for myself." Michael simply smiled back. "I'd love to see you try."

The bell rang signaling the start. Michael adopted a regular kickboxing fighting stance and started circling his large opponent, looking for a flaw in his defence. Launching a couple of direct strikes resulted in all of them being blocked and Harold going in with a counter which Michael easily avoided. Most of the first round was spent at prodding each other's defences, with an occasional body punch going through. As soon as the second five minutes started, Michael rushed in with a series of quick strikes, as he threw his opponent's guard off balance, he quickly switched to a southpaw stance, now attacking with an inverted series of punches. As Harold lifted his guard to protect his face, Michael quickly stroke out with his front leg, hitting his opponent's liver, causing Harold to recoil in pain. Trying to press his advantage, Michael was suddenly struck by an uppercut he didn't see coming, throwing him back. Harold charged forward, but Michael sidestepped just in time and kicked Harold in the back, causing him to slam headfirst into the cage. Taking advantage of the situation, Michael grabbed his stunned opponent by the horns and slammed him two more times against the cage. He then grabbed Harold by the body and one leg, his bionics whizzing as they went into an overdrive allowing him to lift the large beast of a man and throw him against the far side of the ring, denting in the steel cage.

At that point the judge stopped the fight since Harold was knocked unconsious. Michael exhaled a breath of relief as he lifted his hands in victory, only now becoming aware of the roaring crowd.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Stryder221 »

"<Heh, guess they won't have expected that...>"
Dan was still breathing heavily from the energy it took for him to break out in such a manner, but at least he got his gun and blade back, which was a plus.

It wasn't long before he realized the potential consequences of his actions, to which he immediately face-palmed.
Stupid! I shouldn't have done that! Now I'm exposed and everyone with any knowledge of conduits will know I was there! Not to mention, the natives will be looking for me to experiment on! Or worse! I need to hide out somewhere!

Wasting no time, Dan rushed down the streets looking for a potential hideout until he stopped at one likely candidate. (Which just HAPPENS to be Weyland's house, of all places)
Wasting no time to think, he rushed up and desperately gave four sharp knocks.
Why the hell am I knocking? Come on, answer the door! Someone!

deathwatch
Council Member

#15 Post by deathwatch »

A sharp knock on the door of the cabin marked the arrival of law enforcement, that and the blaring sirens. Sicarius went to sit up when Katherine put her hand on his shoulder and sat him back down.
Trust me, I'm a bit better at deterring these people. She said with a smile.

Katherine opened the door to face the police officer, the wolf stood only slightly taller than her.
What can I help you with, officer?
The officer cleared his throat.
There's been a shooting nearby, two park rangers were wounded and the suspect may still be in the area, I'm only here to warn you Ma'am as this man is armed and dangerous, I hate to see people harmed by these kind of scum.

On hearing this Sicarius scowled and shook his head before standing up and making his way over to the kettle, he turned it on and looked over at the officer as Katherine responded.
Well as you can see I already have someone to protect me from any lunatic gunmen.
The officer nodded
You can never be sure Ma'am, I'd also like to know if you've seen anyone go along the road wearing a helmet and black rucksack, he may have appeared jumpy or have been armed.
Katherine thought for a moment before answering.
Now that you mention it I did see someone, he head a helmet by his side and was wearing a black rucksack, he had the helmet off, I could see that he was balding, late 40's maybe I couldn't see much from my window. He walked off in the direction that you came in, I think he's headed back to Wake.
The lie was pulled off perfectly enough for the officer to completely believe her.
Thank you Ma'am, I don't require anymore of your time.
The officer turned off and began speaking over his radio as Katherine shut the door and sat back down, Sicarius sitting on the sofa opposite, now with a mug of tea in his hand.
So, what else did they leave us, seeing how I'm woefully uninformed.
Well, they have left us both job applications at a place called 'Sam & Ella's', it would probably be best if we headed there now so throw your coat on and take what you need, we'll be leaving in five.
Sicarius sat down his mug and pulled out his phone, he had received a notification from MI6. It read:

Code: Select all

From MI6 to Deus Mortiis:
We have reason to believe that an FBI agent is present in the town, he is most likely here for the same reasons as you, to investigate possible artifacts. As he is legally allowed to search in this area we would like you and agent Pandora to track his actions and take note of his findings, this will be much easier than looking for it yourselves.

Good luck, we're counting on you both.
Hey Katherine, looks like we've got a little problem that we can turn to our advantage... He said whilst he took a drink from the hot cup.