Conduit RP: IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Conduit RP: IC

#151 Post by Myperson54 »

Ugh, my head... what happened?

Sol opened his eyes only to find that one of them was stuck. He suddenly became aware of the crusted blood on the left side of his face.

Must've hit my head on something, he thought to himself.

As he attempted to get up, he noticed a distinct lack of feeling in his legs. They were definitely there, but only just. By flexing his muscles and wiggling about his ankles, he could tell they were pinned under a beam of some sort. Now that was a problem.

Lastly, though, Sol caught one final thing with his ears: the water.

Since this warehouse was built on a beach, it would be flooded every high tide. Sol thought this was a stupid idea, but that wasn't important right now. He had to get out before the tide drowned him. He didn't have much energy right now, but...

He was still near the pod's control panel. Reaching out, he placed a few fingers on it and began to drain energy. A red alert glowed, telling him he could hurt the conduit inside if he continued. Oh well. He had to free his legs.

Due to the lack of much connectivity between him and the panel, the transfer was slow, and Sol could only lie there and wait as his legs grew number, and as the tide grew higher. When he was confident he could move the beam, he released the control panel, which was now flickering dimly. He hoped there was enough power to keep the being inside alive as he worked.

Returning his focus to the task at hand, Sol moved all his collected energy to his legs and, on the count of three, forced it all out his legs, upwards, in the form of a high-frequency shockwave. The beam raised six inches and fell onto the hard metal floor as Sol dragged his legs out of the way.

Crawling to the pod, Sol pressed the release button, hoping to whatever god existed that the conduit inside was still alive. If it was, they'd have to hurry. The water was already up to Sol's chest, and the pod was slightly elevated.

They were running out of time, and fast.

The pod began to open, while the ruin reacted. The stone floor began to rise in certain areas, cracking cement and giving a few more minutes of time to move around. The pod finally fully opened and released a sort of smoke screen. After it began to clear an anthro was visible inside, while the pod began to react oddly. An arm came from the back side, and it reached through the rubble to pull out a hexagonal pod. The pod cracked open, and the still shadowy hand popped out, grabbing a weapon from it, and pulling on it's power pack. The figure then walked out into the open air, clad in what would appear to be some sort of simple system carrier armor. She looked towards the other conduit in the room and smiled, letting him see her out of the fog for the first time. "<My name is Symphony Noctis Sykes. You may call me Nox, Nex, or Sykes.>" The visor that parted on the sides of her head snapped down over her eyes before activating and flashing red momentarily. "<Let's move.>"

Sol stared for a second, nonplussed at her alertness. By all rights, she should've been dead, if she was a normal conduit. But that name... Sykes... he'd heard it before. Someone important.

Looking up, he returned his focus to Nox. "Pleased to meet you, Nox," he said in Zel. "My name is Sol. You're right, we should move quickly. There should be a way out through here."

Sol floundered along to a wall which had been wrecked by a steel beam, and tried to pull himself up weakly, but he failed to, in his weakened state.

Panting, he apologized: "I'm so sorry. I used all my energy to lift a four-ton beam. That sort of thing'll weaken you." He smiled, a bit embarrassed.

Nox smiled, and picked wrapped Sol's arm over her left shoulder, picking him up and helping him walk while she held her gun loosely at her right hip. "<It's fine Sol, now let's get out of here.>" She smiled at him, barely visible under her visor and began to lead him out of the ruins until a Lineman walked out of the rubble, walking towards them. "<Stop now Swarm, or face my wrath!>" She fired a small blast from the rifle at her hit, electricity arc somewhat sporadically for the lineman, and throwing him back. He got back up after a second, his suit burned down to reveal an armored torso. Sol laughed and looked at the lineman. "<Nice vest, but your head is exposed.>" She hit the switch on the side of her rifle, and the indented midsection leaped up, making a scope. She aimed for a few seconds while it walked closer and squeezed the trigger, a hard light bolt ripping into it's head, and out the other side before stopping as it hit a support beam. "<My visor and weapon are synchronized. I see where I would be shooting if I'm using the sights when the visor is active... it's a very interesting design, like my rifle.>"

The building shivered for a second and Nox put her rifle onto her back, before picking up Sol and putting him in a fireman's carry. "<Ready to get out of here jack?>"

A small bit of oil was on her visor, which she cleared of her sight before deactivating it. Nox then shifted Sol into a piggy back position and began to climb over rubble, before talking back at him. "<I have no idea what you just said. I don't speak the native tongue very well, if at all yet. When I was put into cryo I only knew... two or three words.>" She leaped over rock to rock, finally getting out of the rubble as a piece of stone back in the ruins crashed down and crushed a lineman. A small crowd had gathered outside of the governemt established safety perimeter, and Nox was surprised at all the people cheering that they had got out. Government officals began to walk towards her before she activated her visor and growled, indictating that they need not get closer. An arguement over the radio insued and a human wearing a polizei uniform. "Hallo. Mein name ist Rubel, leader of kiel's polizei. Is this part of filming a movie called..." He checked his notepad for a second before concluding, and looking at the odd pair of sci fi actor looking anthros before him. Nox gently whispered to sol, very confused. "<What is he saying? Are they enemies? Do I need to arm my weapon again?>"

Sol looked about him anxiously. <Sorry, I'm really tired. Didn't realize I was speaking English. As for these guys... they're safe. Here, let me handle this.>

Climbing down from Nox's back, he staggered towards the officer, wincing as his legs burned with pain.

"Ah, yes, officer. Greetings. Um, yes, this is set for, uh, the wreck of... S.S. Eye of Eden (?)" He waved Nox over. "This is friend and actor, um, Noch. Is character name."

Leaning over to Nox, he said, <They think we're actors for a movie in production. I don't speak much English either, but right now, you're a method actor. If they question you, say something in Zel. I'm sure it'll pass as an Earth language.>

The captain nodded, looking at the wreckage of the building. "I see that you guys tore down the old storehouse. Poor thing began to sink into the ground about... 4 years ago. I take it that you did this.. Noch?" Nox was confused but nodded. "<Yes, sort of. My ruins activated and they tore the building down.>" Nox smiled and looked at the Polizei, her visor parting once more and showing her entire face. The polizei nodded, and smiled. "I see you speak... some kind... of old nordic! Yes, the Yggdrasil's roots did decide that the building should be broken down, and you did a rather fine job." Nox looked at Sol, stunned that the Polizei would talk of doing such things to younger warriors in public, especially with such heavily accented central arctic Zel. "< But what would be the use of such training? I mean, we trained like that, but that was far away from the main halls, in secret.>" The polizei sighed, and looked at Noch. "I apologize, but I can't quiet remember my grandmother's recipe for sauerkraut, thanks for compliment though. I think we're done here. Pleased to meet you, Noch." He held out his arm for a firm handshake, a smile breaking across his face. Nox instead wrapped her arms around the Germanic man, and licked his forehead. "<I understand then, warrior. I shall keep your bows secret. I will also hope to find and train with kami, as she would seem to have a very special skill trait.>" The polzei laughed, and wiped his hair back. "Let's move guys! Tell the suits it was just a big misunderstanding!"

Sol only heard a bit of the conversation, but from what he could make out, it took all of his willpower to keep from laughing. As the police left, he nudged Nox, grinning. <Good job. I actually didn't think it would work so well. C'mon, let's find a place to rest and recharge.>

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#152 Post by LuckyMudman »

Michael shrugged at hearing Lucifer and Dan. "I suppose I'll need someone to translate, cuz I don't think any of you have a dictionary. Anyway come on, time to move fellas." Not wanting to be stuck at the airport, he tapped Shane's shoulder to get him moving and made his way through the now shut-down scanner and submitted to a search with a hand scanner and a TSA guard patting him down for any possible weapons on his prosthetics. Nearby, Seraph went through the same procedure with the hand scanner, which the TSA guard put away and turned to her. "Ma'am, I'll have to pat you down as well." Seraph glared at the guard with a scowl, considering she was wearing fitting clothes. "You will do that only if you wish to be seperated from your hands..." Michael hastingly walked over and put his hands on Seraph's shoulders, pulling her away from the guard. "Now, now. Let's not get hasty, trust me, Germany's prisons aren't nearly as comfortable as the ones in America. Besides, I'd be the one ripping his arms off anyway." Seraph nodded, and did her best not to leap at the TSA agent. "Alright, let's move on and get out of this damned airport." Agreeingly, Michael grabbed his and Seraph's bag off the nearby conveyor belt and moved towards Weyland and Angel, who just exited the security room.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Silentdeath
Master

#153 Post by Silentdeath »

Lucifer walked through the security point before being hand checked and they started to pull out his Ipod and looked at him questioningly before he smiled and said in german. "Ooops I forgot to put that back in my bags. Sorry about that guys." They gave it back to him before letting him go as he grabbed his bag off the converbelt and walked over to Weyland.

He looks at Weyland before he sighed at him before looking away to see a breaking news on the warehouse collapse being shown on tv. He looked at it closely before he pointed to two of the people on the tv screen being shown from about talking to the police. "[Hey look it seems there was a few survivors from that collapse.]" He said to Weyland and Angel.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#154 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Safia went before me through the metal detectors, as Dan was stiped after the patdown revealed his rapier I told the guard it was a replica toy and not real, not wanting to find out he let us through. {Thank me later hoss.} once through the pat downs and around the corner I checked for anymore suits, seeing none I sliped th judge into its holster and handed Safia the bag before telling her and Weyland I gotta go to the bathroom I'll meet you out front ok?

Turning I walked to the bathroom and went in, finding two stalls occupied. Going to the bathroom I heard the two latches on the bathroom stalls pop open. Ignoring them I finished thinking Dirty [censored] didnt even wash their hands. Turning I found myself looking into the chest of a suit. Mildly confused I looked up to see two glass faces looking back at me. Uhhh, good evening gentleme- grk Before I could finish the linemen neaeest me grabed me by the neck and lifted me up, intending to go out the wall. In my scramble to break its grip I knocked the sink loose. Grabbing it I lifted it over the swarms head and released it, cracking the glass as water poured from the now open valves onto the floor.

In an attempt to knock me out it slammed me against the wall and punched a hole through it as Harbringer flipped out in my hand. Before I could use it the linemen busted me through the wall, both holding me and moving like a frieght train into an old vietnam era duce-and-a-half truck and threw me up into the back. Climbing in themselves one drew back and punched me in the head knocking me out.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#155 Post by alex3192 »

(Aaaaand im back. Yay.)
Ronan turned toward the intrusion. "Ahh, agent Morris, so nice to see you again."
He listened as the agent sat down at the desk, and started talking about his newfound problem.

"I did what I did because I am not going to be be your test subject, or piece of meat to be taken apart. I have the right to refuse a position or action that would result in a very high probability of death.
I was merely exercising my right."

Besides, I have a more important question for you agent Morris. What are you going to say about me, if there was a trial? Would those there believe you if you said that you found a being in a cavern and brought him in for questioning?" He leaned against the back of the bed, arms crossed. "Said being then electrocuted you with only a touch, disabled two guards with unknown means, and walked to a lift before kidnapped a third agent. Then, to top it all off, the being ransoms said third agent for a meal, and is only stopped from escaping by pure luck on your part. Would they believe you, agent Morris?"
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#156 Post by isstmich »

Vincent passed the check point with ease he had nothing on his person except a phone and the pat down was quick and over in moments. Nanao on the other hand got as far as a man in a suit touching her back before yelling to the others in German. Nanao didnt understand a word being said, luckily for her Vincent had took to learning German years ago. he never thought it would be useful other then for picking up on the subtle details in his favorite Gm's campaigns. That Strippenzieher
guy was a piece of work with how much German he used in each Campaign so much that he felt the need to learn it. he was very glad he did at this point.

"she is carrying concealed weapons on her back!"
the man yelled over to the others. Vincent didnt know how he would be able to get her out of this one, telling a half truth to an American customs worker is one thing, but telling a full blown lie to a German security official, thats another matter entirely.

Suddenly he had an idea. "Gentlemen Gentlemen, please do you know who this is?" he gestured to Nanao. "World class sword master, and champion duelist in Japan." he spun around with a flourish "Nanao Sakura!" he walked up close to the examining offical. "she has come to Germany to train high up in the mountains. you wouldnt take a champions sword from them would you?"

the official eyed him wearily, "Japan has mountains too why doesn't she train there."

"German mountains are BETTER, HIGHER the air is thinner better for training. She wouldnt be a champion if she didnt train in the best locations would she?" he hoped he would be able to slip past with such a lie and by stroking the Germans ego but it was the best thing he could manage on such a short term.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#157 Post by LuckyMudman »

The official eyed Nanao and started scribbling something on a notepad. "I don't know much about swordfighting, but carrying such weapons concealed onto the plane is still dangerous and against the law. I'll have to make sure..." He was cut short by his radio buzzing, after holding a hand to his earpiece for a second he cursed under the breath. "Another one? For the love of..." Turning back to Vincent and Nanao, the official waved them away. "Fine, go. But next time all potentially dangerous objects must be stored in luggage, reported and filed before flight, next time something like this happens and you WILL be arrested." He turned towards one of the TSA guards and directed him towards the group and the rest of civilians from the plane. "Get these people out of here, contact the flight control, all planes are to be rerouted and the airport is closed down under state authority."

With that, another man in a suit joined him and they went towards the bathroom where Shane was taken from, shouting orders at the local guards. The TSA agent he spoke to earlier started herding people towards the exit on the far side. "In an orderly fashion now people, the airport is closed until further notice, everyone please calmly head towards the exit, all flights will be rerouted to the nearest airports."

Watching the whole affair, Michael gestured towards the direction where the men in suits were going. "Isn't that the same way Shane went?"
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#158 Post by alex3192 »

"We shall see."
Ronan did a quick wave of his hand,
"The console is powered by the ambient energy of a conduit during stasis, in addition to being charged by a conduit beforehand. You will learn nothing from your examination of it, and even if you could somehow power it, it will only respond to a conduit."

Then he noticed the agents cellphone going off. "So, you are more advanced than we anticipated, maybe we waited too long in cryo..."
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Silentdeath
Master

#159 Post by Silentdeath »

Lucifer looked at Weyland scowling at him as he walked out of the airport with the group to see a poster on the side of the building was 4 different posters but he saw someone with a hood on looking at them. He saw from the glass that the posters were behind that it was a Lineman. He saw 2 of his favorite bands playing there in a few days but he knew he would have to be on guard if he was to go to the concerts. "Hey look at that poster for the Black Viel Brides closely." He whispered into Weyland's ear to warn him. "I know that we are here on business but you got to admit they act like tourist more then the enemy at times." He whispered chuckling.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!