The "HellFire" (RP thread)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

The "HellFire" (RP thread)

#1 Post by Stryder221 »

Guardian captain Alden. Ishpa, 7:00 AM

"Ma'am, is it really necessary to wake the captain for this? You know how he can get."

The white tiger female was clearly not listening to her colleague's protests, and proceeded to enter into Alden's room.

"We have located bands of soulless, that's important enough."

BOOM!
"Woops, sorry about that!"

Hearing all this noise, the brown wolf, known as Rye to his friends, rushed in the room... the white tiger was now on the floor blackened and not moving.
"Maria! Are you okay?!"

"No, she's fine. You really should've knocked though. Would've been bad if I accidentally killed one of my own guardians."
said a voice in the center of the room. Rye turned to see the guardian captain, Alden, sitting at his desk, already wearing his heavy-looking Armour.

Rye was clearly at a loss, he was obviously nervous about speaking to a Beran who could set him on fire without even standing up.
"I- S-sir, we came here to- uh..."

"Come on, spit it out, we don't have all morning."

"Uh, yes sir. The gryphons have spotted a small band of soulless, they're coming this way."
"Interesting... Go take this young lady to the white mages, they should fix her up just fine..."

"Uh, sir... What about the soulless?"

Alden didn't even answer, he merely waved his hand, dismissing the wolf Beran, who then proceeded to carry the white tiger from the room, leaving no signs of what happened other than a burn mark on the wooden floor.

Another day, more monsters...
Yawning widely, Alden proceeded to grab his blade, Ragnarok, And walked out into the busy streets of Ishpa, intending to gather a small band of guardians.

Sure, they're fierce, and the disease is something to fear... But they're not smart at all, attacking in such small numbers...
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: The "HellFire" (RP thread)

#2 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

(HOLY ONLY TEXTWALL MUDPUNISHER HAS EVER POSTED, BATMAN!!!)

Location: Small village, fighting a soulless that has stumbled into town.

At 3000 feet above the soulless I drop into a steep dive hitting 600MPH and plummeting towards it, holding “Danger Close” in front of me and saying
“Sound of the drums beatin' in my heart, the thunder of guns, tore me apart, you’ve been – thunderstruck!!”

At that I plunged the blade sparking with electricity into and through the soulless cutting it dead in half and removing the blade I replaced its 6’10 frame onto my back over my shield, diagonal and walked back into the tavern and sat down at a chair with a nice tall glass of Hot Chocolate, never could quite stomach that whiskey, or any alcohol for that matter. Folding my wings behind my back over my gear and curling my fingers around the glass’ handle, causing the skull ring to glint in the dim light of the tavern.
Just as I was about to enjoy this nice fine glass, the door flung open and of course that fox, Barry I believe, walked in.
“What is it now Barry, lemme guess, you wanna see if you can beat me this time?”

“Yes, how’d you know that?”
“You've only been asking to for the past month, every day I might add, and not once have you landed a hit on me, so here, how ‘bout you go practice and come back and see me later, or at least when I come back to town, Im heading out to another ruin, so, talk when Im back.”

“Fine… But I swear, one day I will beat you!”

“Sure kid, sure.”
At that he took his sword and walked out and I stood and set the cup on the Bar and walked outside, sitting on a bench out front I tried to remember which way it was to the ruin, it was relatively close to here… North I think…
“Ah well, I won’t get anywhere if I just sit here… this way.”

I stood and turned to the north and unfolded my wings and jumping to 100 feet and using my wings to get the rest of the way up to 3000 (my comfortable cruising altitude) and gliding to conserve energy.
Landing in front of the ruins of the old city, I found a pair of extremely dark glasses,
“Finally, something to cover up the glow…”
Putting them on I walked into the ruins, my sword drawn and the exposed blue streaks from the rune stone pulse lightly glowing on my back. Seeing nothing more I left and just started to walk in the direction of the nearby holy city, Ishpa.

Along the way I came over a hill only a few (3ish) miles from Ishpa, and saw a group of soulless sauntering along towards the city,

Well, looks like a problem... Ima help out here.

Saying this I took off to a height of roughly 1000ft above them waiting for the right time to drop in. For some reason there seemed to be alot of gryphons around...
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#3 Post by anonfox123 »

Location: Approx. 3 km from Johnson Vault entrance, direction unknown.

"Hmngh... Whuzat?" I mumbled as my mind slowly drifted to wakefulness. A rapid series of buzzes and chirps filled my ears.

"Ugh... Go away, Clyde, lemme sleep" More annoyed buzzing in response.

Rather than dignify Clyde with a response, I simply pulled my sleeping bag over my head. Finally. Some peace and quiet... Wait, what was that noise? It sounded like... Oh no.

In a panic, I tried to scramble free from by sleeping bag, but to no avail. "Nononono, no! Wait!" I yelped.

*bweeeeZAKT!* A jolt of blue-white pain shot through me, but didn't knock me out. Slowly, I dragged myself to my feet, my coat of russet-red fur standing on end from the bolt of electricity. A small scout drone hovered in front of me.

"Clyde. Give back my arc pistol. Arc pistols are not alarm clocks, even at half-power. Am I clear?"

Buzz buzz. Several of Clyde's panels retracted, dropping the gun into my outstretched hand. Replacing it in my holster, I turned back to my rucksack, and dug out a ration pack. Tearing off the portion labeled "BREAKFAST" in big bold letters, I pulled the auto-heat cord and set it down to warm up from the exothermic reaction as the reactants in a chemical pouch started to mix. I peered at my datapad as I waited. The Z-20 microlab had finished its analysis over night, and had uploaded the resulting files automatically. And yet again, I was to be disappointed: nothing new. The third camp that I had set, seemingly in a new area, was just turning up the same groups of organisms. Just from looking around, it was obvious enough that most of the plants were the same as the last few camps, and six spent shell casings from my scout rifle and the subsequent tissue samples told me the same belligerent creatures inhabited the area as well. But now I realized that I'd been bumming around the same darn area for so long even the same bacteria were turning up in soil samples.

A small click told me breakfast was ready. "You know what Clyde?" I asked my scout drone as I took a few bites of food. "It's time for something new."

A few buzzes and twitters in response. I couldn't tell what they meant, but judging by the way he bobbled his orb-like body between his tilt-rotors, he definitely agreed with me.

I gulped down the last of the food and began stuffing my camp back into my rucksack. Oh the wonders of an opti-store armored rucksack: fitting all of life's necessities into a convenient package while leaving room for a little extra.

Clyde buzzed with a querying tone as I put in the sample boxes. "Don't worry, I'll drop those off when I stop by the Vault door. My uncle will be waiting there tonight with fresh supplies." Making sure all compartments were secure, I put on my field research uniform, and hoisted the rucksack onto my back. "Come on Clyde. Let's go!"
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#4 Post by DariusL »

Darius Liadon

I woke up in a dark alley, hidden behind a pile of wooden crates. It was the beginning of another day in the life of a runaway assassin. Another day in which I had to survive and stay out of sight. Memories from that fateful day when I put myself in this mess came up again. I had made a choice that day, the choice to become a runaway, and I now had to live with the consequences.
I got up, folded my cloak which served as a blanket for the night and walked out of the alley. It was about 7:00 in the morning and the streets of Ishpa were already crowded. I walked through the crowd, staying alert as always. Someone grabbed my arm. I immediately turned towards the person, ready to attack; False alarm, it was only a beggar. I gave him a copper coin and resumed my walk, with no real idea of where I was going. All I knew was that I had to keep moving everyday.

"HERE HE IS! DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE!"

"[censored]! A guard saw me!", I thought as I pushed my way out of the crowd. I ran through a small alley, the guards following me about sixty feet behind. I needed some way to hide, anything. I saw a window in the wall of one of the buildings. I jumped in without hesitation, rolled on the floor of the shop and started climbing a ladder to the roof. Guards have a slight advantage in the streets, but assassins rule the rooftops. I was still running, jumping from roof to roof until I couldn't hear the guards anymore.
I stopped running and caught my breath for a moment.

"Damn, I hope I won't have to do this all day!", I said to myself as I sat on the flat roof, out of the sight of the guards patrolling below.
In the end it was the normal beginning of a day in the life of a wanted runaway assassin.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

"Alright guardians, I assume you two know why you're here."
Alden stated to the two guardians he could find on short notice.

"Actually, no. You just dragged me and Rye out in the streets as soon as the mage healed my burns"
"Shut it, Maria, before you get us both blown up."

"That event would NOT have happened had you the courtesy to simply knock... Anyway, we are heading to Ishpa's outskirts, I clearly remember Rye giving me a report of soulless attacks out there."

Upon hearing this, the two Beran let out a groan.

"Yes, we're going to risk our lives. That's what you signed up for, so get used to it."

"Why can't we send drakes? Or gryphons?"
The white tiger, Maria, brought a hand to her face upon hearing Rye's question.

"Because... one, we don't need drakes, two, It looks better if I do it personally."

"three..."

*Fwoosh!*

"Your tail's on fire."

"What?! I- Yow! Hot, hot, hot!!!"
Alden cracked a smile seeing the brown wolf panic, and try to douse the fire on his tail, and proceeded to speak to the white tiger, Maria.

"The village folk don't trust the drakes, remember? I'm sure you've heard the tales. And gryphons aren't as useful in a fight as you think... Now, if there are no more questions..."

"I've got a question, why set my freaking tail on fire?!"
Said the Brown wolf, having finally doused the fire on his tail.

"Because it's always so funny to watch, plus that was a fairly stupid question."

Rye stared at Alden in disbelief in what he just heard.
"Well, it was kinda stupid..."
Said maria, irritating Rye a little.

"Aww come on, I'll make it up to you two later. For now, we're going to do some exterminating."

And with that, He headed straight in the direction of the city gate, ready to defend the outskirts of Ishpa, while the Two Beran reluctantly followed him.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#6 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Still flying high above the 6 soulless below completely oblivious to my presence.

The air around me crackles and pops with energy and bright blue streaks of static run over "Danger close" blade iluminateing its name on the side as my eyes glowed brighter and became visible through the darkglasses and my fur stands on end.

Slowly lowering the end of the bade down at the soulless as more static arched along it making a pronounced zaping sound as it arched along.

20 minutes later

Puting the pole of the hilt on my shoulder holding it with my right hand and holding the front axeblade along its blunt inner curve.

Letting out a smirk I took aim on the group and thought 'If I miss Im screwed since Im out for 2 hours at MINIMUM, nor will I be able to do this for two more days.

GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH

My voice reverberated over the cliffs then was drowned out by the sound of an equivalent blast of a town being leveled. Leaving a crater in the ground vaporizing all but two soulless which flew well enough away from me along with one dead one that I neednt worry of them.

Finishing I slowly fell into the chrater mildly smoking with the glasses ontop of my head and my eyes closed, slightly smoking with the sheild still on my back and sword next to me. All the while Im now passed out, stonecold.

(no towns were leveled in this post, the sound is just equivelant to it, just a nice smoldering crater..."
Nuclear Cowboy

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#7 Post by LuckyMudman »

Yarlac entered the Sleeping Merchant inn, sitting down at the bar and removing his hood. Upon seeing him the bartender smiled. "Mr. White." The man started. "I take it your presence here means that your last assignment is done"?

Yarlac produced a small sack, opening it and showing a severed finger with a golden skull ring on it inside. "Still fresh. Tell me old man, are the guards getting dumber every week or is it just me?"

The bartender produced a glass of milk handing it over with a raised eyebrow. "How come you say that?"

"I remember when getting into the upper sections of the city was a game of cat and mouse, nowadays, you can stroll in covered in blood and no one seems to care."

"I believe that's just you, the guards have been more vigilant as of lately. If nothing else, the guardians have them riled up."

Yarlac took a vial from his pouch and poured a dense red liquid into his milk. "Why don't you fill me in on the newest happenings, I've been away for some time." He started a quiet chant, forming seals with his left hand.

"Well, aside from the guardians getting new captain, there's not been much that would interest you. There's been another greenhorn mockup, and a number of our bussiness have been shut down. Sordid times, let me tell you."

As Yarlac finished the antidote spell, his left hand glowed as he grabbed the glass, drinking the content. "Why do you go through that hordid affair every time, I have sweeteners and aromas here." Yarlac dismissed the man's comment with a hand gesture. "I told you many times already, the poison adds a unique texture, wouldn't change it for anything else. Anyways, you know I care about the guardians as much as I care about a thief who stole fruit from a stand, why would it interest me that they have a new captain?"

The man leaned on the counter and set the mug he cleaned under the counter. "Because the man's name should sound familiar to you, it's the one you asked about six years ago, Alden Matriar."

It took Yarlac a second to remember the name, almost spitting out his milk as he did. He held out his hand at a waist's height. "That wee little kit is the guardian captain? You have to be kidding me."

The bartender looked at Yarlac's comment with surprise in his eyes. "Wee little kit? Have you ever seen this man?

"Of course I did, ten years ago was the last I saw of him. I stopped my search when I heard he decided to take on a guardian single handedly."

"I remember that, the grim look on your face when you were told what the kid's last mission was. I've never before or again seen you care about someone. You know the captain?"

Yarlac finished his drink and slid the empty glass to the bartender. "Knew him, when he was ten I mended more of his broken bones than anyone else, he was always up to no good but I liked the kid."

"Maybe he remembers you? You're kind of hard to miss."

"I doubt it, I was just some healer to him back then, it's a miracle I still remember him, still, surprising news, I thought he was torn to shreds by the guardian he attacked. The more you live the more you learn, but I digress, is there anything to do these days?"

The bartender took Yarlac to a back room, showing a series of envelopes. "This is all we have right now."

Yarlac took a look on the table containing the envelopes. "When did we become the brotherhood? There are more kill notes than ever before here."

"Already told you, income is tight last few days, gotta take up more shadier jobs to keep up. Anyway, these are all standard, we did recieve a special request, word of mouth only."

Yarlac sat down. "Well, spill it?" The man leaned on the wall and continued. "The researchers of Zodia, the less popular ones, forwarded a request for obtaining a piece of a certain angel."

"And since when are the angels valid targets?"

"From the info I collected, this ain't your avarage angel. According to my sources, this one survived a blast from a rune and came out changed, some say strengthened, some say corrupted. All I know is that he abandoned the former life and taken to doing god knows what."

"And now they want his corpse to study? It seems a little harsh."

"Heavens, no. They simply want the root feathers from his back."

"That's like asking me to tear off my claws and hand them over, it ain't happening. I'm sorry, but that ain't getting done, angels are pretty crazy when it comes to harming them as is, and surviving a rune blast scrambles every magic user like crazy. It would be suicide to go after that guy." Thinking about it a little, Yarlac thought he might actually find use for this angel. "Out of curiosity, where can this guy be found? Don't worry, take it out of my next assignment for the info."

"Last I know, he was heading towards the capitol, so you're in luck on that if you plan to find him. He goes by the name of Shane. Now, I do have an assignment for you, it's a kill order though, but a checked one, all green."

"I gotta make a living somehow, which drop?"

"Upper district, noble quarter, temple roof."

Yarlac said his thanks and left the inn via the attic, emerging on the rooftops. The merchant quarter was buzzing with activity, and the noble quarter was nearby. The guards never even seemed to think that a den of scoundrels could be located within the capitol's one of the two richest districts, excluding the palace itself. He made his way across the rooftops on the morning sun, reaching his destination fairly fast, opening the letter and reading it. "This is what they have us do? Fair I guess, as long as they pay up." He crumpled the envelope and it burned up on itself, ash spreading in the wind. A job was waiting to be done.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Stryder221 »

Location: A few minutes away from a small village on Ishpa's outskirts.

"GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"Ah! Captain, look!"
"What is it NOW, Rye? I don't... What in the world?"

Alden and his companions were distracted by the sound of a person yelling, Rye was the first to see who made the noise, bringing it to Alden's attention immediately.

"That looks like... GET DOWN!"
He immediately dived to the ground, dragging the two guardians down with him as the sound of a village being leveled reached their ears.

Alden slowly got back on his feet once the noise died down, and saw a smouldering crater where he saw the bright flash, despite his belief the village was destroyed, it was still intact.

"Dang... There any survivors, still?"
"Maybe we'll find out once you get off me!"
"Oops, Sorry about that, Rye.

"Come on, you two, keep alert. We don't know whether that was a soulless or not... ready your weapons and follow me.

Alden and Rye drew their swords, while maria readied her battle axe. Alden's blade was giving off a red glow.

"My god... Cap? Rye? I think you guys should have a look at this."
"What is it? Woah! One of the soulless... Is it...?

"Dead, I think. I imagine there was more, but there's no trace left... This one looks like it was flung into a wall with force, killing it on impact..."
As Alden said this, he noticed the beast stir a little. Maria was the first to react, planting her battle axe straight into the beast's head, also splattering Rye with it's blood.
"Eww... Maria, was that necessary? You know how easy it is to get infected."

As these events were occurring, the villagers had begun to feel safe enough to see their saviors, and the road was starting to get a little crowded.

"Last but not least, the crater left behind by the explosion or whatever it was... Oh... wow."
"Is that..."
"Is that an angel?! Ooh! Can I have one of the feathers?!"
"NO, maria. We want him intact."

In the middle of the crater was an unconscious grey wolf angel, with his weapon, a combination of a sword, axe, and pole-arm lying next to him... something didn't seem right about him... Something about seeing this angel made Alden uneasy.

"Captain? You alright?"
"What? No, no... I'm fine... just thinking..."

"Rye, see if you can find a horse-carriage around here, I don't feel like dragging this guy back to Ishpa. Maria, Bind his hands and put his weapon on the roof of the carriage when it gets here."

"Cap? What are you-"

"Just do it."
"Very well, sir."

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#9 Post by anonfox123 »

Just for kicks, I decided to balance my way across a stream atop a fallen tree. Clyde hovered nearby, chittering uneasily. Suddenly a thunderous BOOM echoed in from the distance, sounding for all the world like a whole crate of mining charges going off.

The surprise alone dumped me into the stream, which, thankfully, was rather shallow. Climbing out, I sputtered: “Clyde, did you get the direction of that blast, where it could have come from?”

Buzzes and beeps, followed by orb-bobbling. So he did get the direction. “Ok then, mark possible epicenters on the datapad’s navigator. And use polar coordinates this time. Without an actual map, Cartesians aren't too helpful.” But first, I though to myself, I really have to get those supplies…
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#10 Post by LuckyMudman »

It wasn't long until Yarlac reached his destination. He was crouching on top of a wall overlooking a mansion, there was some sort of a party going on inside. His target was a red furred Fox with a tan muzzle and green hair, the host of the said party. The fox was known as Gerald Martinsaw, a construction contracter known to take bribes and cutting expenses wherever possible. It was brought to the guild's attention that this man was to blame for the accident of a building coming down last month, killing five people. The city watch was powerless because it couldn't be proved that the man was guilty, but the guild managed to gather information that Gerald went out of his way to aquire cheaper materials, resulting in a weakened structure. The note said to make a public message out of this man, so it would be known that such actions would not stand, and now, it was up to Yarlac to see fit on how to do that.

As he was sitting on the wall, he finished with powering up a chameleon spell, it took him a while, but the result was more than satisfactory, the light bent around him making him transparent and almost invisible as he stood still. He approached the mansion slowly, avoiding the guards patrolling around. He and the rest of the Blackclaws were known for going through missions like ghosts, not killing anyone, with the exception of their target if the assignment was a kill order. It was also a moral obligation for Yarlac, since he wanted to keep lady Karma on his side.

One of the windows was tilted open, so Yarlac climbed the wall and cranked the window just a tad bit more open, Gerald was in the middle of making some sort of speech, thanking his supporters. Figuring this was the perfect time, Yarlac flicked a unique motion with his right arm, resulting in a small crossbow assembling itself in his hand, he took aim and fired through the open window just as Gerald was taking a sip of wine from his glass. The bolt pierced Gerald's hand and throat, sticking them together, and Yarlac kept the bolt poisoned so there was no way of healing Gerald from the wound. As blood squirted from the man's throat, loud screams ripped the silence that was in the air, with guests each running his own way and guards barging into the room, trying to find the shooter. Yarlac grinned to himself as the crossbow took itself apart, retreating into his sleeve. He snuck out the same way he got in, feeling the chameleon spell's power fading.

The message was as loud as it could get, and the bolts Yarlac used were hand made by him, resources purchased from three different towns, making the weapon untracable and unique. An easy job for a modest pay, and another corrupt official dead.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

deathwatch
Council Member

#11 Post by deathwatch »

Viktor Grechenko rode the large cargo elevator up, he pondered over what this new world would be like, whether it would be a wasteland or not, the elevator neared the top and VIktor grabbed his bag qnd screwed a filter onto his mask. The sound of hydraulics filled the air as the great gate of Armak was begining to open. Standing next to a buggy, Viktor was reviewing his orders on his datapad. Then from the gate came an alarm and a crack of light cut into the darkness, soon the crack was a gap, then the gate was completly raised. God dammit that's bright, better get inside. Viktor jumped inside the buggy and turned it on, the windows automatically polarized and then he saw it; the world outside wasn't a wasteland but a lush forest. Viktor drove the buggy out and the gate closed behind him. Driving through this forrest was a whole new experience for him, being born in a tunnel after all, he set the external camera to record as he drove. Viktor eventually found himself on a ridge, he got out of the buggy and stood on the edge, the sun glaring off of his black armor. Scanning the land below he came across something that put him on edge. There in the land below him rested a settlement, he knew not what inhabited it, only that it mean other lifeforms existed. He looked again now noticing the many flying things around it and he thought 'time to move' however, as me moved back to his buggy, he heard something coming in his direction. Viktor grabbed his rifle and raised it but as he did a blur launched itself from the tree line and straight into Viktor, the armor took the attack and he recovered quickly, aimed his rifle and seen the monstrosity before him in more detail, Eat lead you ugly peice of [censored]. he shouted as he pulled the trigger and gunned the thing down. Once closer he saw that it somewhat resembled a man but its humanity had long abandoned it. Viktor took a few samples from the thing and returned quickly to the Buggy and drove off, he wanted to leave the area, who knows what else the gunfire attracted, the shots could be heard for miles and miles. Once at a safe distance Viktor ground to a halt, he swung into the back and fed the samples into a machine and awaited the results to find out what that thing was. Once the machine gave results he pressed the audio recorder on his wrist pad Not even an hour into my first day I have encountered hostile life forms, test results show that the being that attacked me had a high concentration of the Hellfire virus in its system. I believe that these are humans who were exposed but not killed. They bear extreme resemblance to the dark men that inhabit the abandoned tunnels, they are extremely hostile and can be killed with three to four bullets. The results also show that its blood contains oxygen meaning that the air is safe to breath. This is Viktor Grechenko, day 1. he stopped it and saved the file, then he moved back into the drivers seat and started the engine, he heard feral screams in the distance and began driving away from the place and in the direction of the settlement. During his drive he found himself atop a hill, he seen the settlement and it was about to redirect himself when the place lit up. Not even the polarized windows could lessen its effects and the explosion soon followed. Holy [censored], lucky i wasn't there already, damn I'd better get over there. Viktor sped down onto a dirt road and began driving to the settlement.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#12 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Stiring from the ezhaustion induced sleep, you could say I was mildly surprised.

Whoah where am I... looks like... marvelous a horse caridge...

Looking across from me to a large fox beran wearing armor that told me 'Guardian Captain, nice job shane ya ddone screwed yourself now' and then I went to take off my glasses, its realy dark in there. Forgeting the glowing eyes which promptly iluminated the cab. Imediately I put on the glasses again.

Discovering my hands bound and only my sheild on my back, looked to him and asked,

Oh, hello, Captain Id shake your hand but mine seem to be.... a little tied up at the moment, uhhhhhmmm is it bad if this is the 6th time this hapened to me, this week....

Saying this I sat up with the runestone pulse marks faintly glowing on my back and smiled friendly in his direction.

If you don't mind me asking sir, I have two questions,
1 whered my sword go,
2 and whats your name?
Nuclear Cowboy

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Stryder221 »

"How long till we reach the gates?"
Alden shouted to the front of the carriage.

"We'll be there in a few minutes, we can take the angel straight to the castle if you want."
"Good, That's what I intend to do."

"Cap? I think he's waking up"

What maria said was indeed true, the angel was waking up, and the first thing he did was remove his dark glasses, illuminating the carriage before he realized his mistake and put them back on, he then spoke to Alden while sitting himself upright, Alden remained silent.

"6th time in a week? That's worse than my record, buddy. Yes, I'm afraid you're in some trouble."

Maria's eyes widened at the glowing symbols on the angel's body. The angel then proceeded to ask where his blade was, and who the captain sitting in front of him was.
"Heh, afraid we can't tell you. Yes, that was a beauty of a blade. too bad cap wouldn't let me have it."

"You don't know? You're speaking to the guardian captain, Al-"

Maria stopped abruptly once Alden interrupted her.

"I am quite capable of introducing myself, lieutenant Esteed."

There was silence for a few seconds as he was preparing to speak.

"As you may or may not already know, my name is Alden Matriar, the name ring a bell?"

He proceeded to stare at the angel in front of him, almost in an accusing way.

I'm quite sure I've seen this guy before... If I'm correct in my assumption, there will be hell to pay.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Hearing the name my eyes widened slightly behind the glasses and immediately I calmed back down,

Oh, yes I know you, and Ima assume your still angry, so...I guess you already know my name but the young lieutenant here would not, I am Shane "Thunderstruck" Sampson the dark angel, and I think I oughta let your captain tell you what exactly is... the problem here.

Saying this I kicked back in my seat and folded one leg over the other thinking to myself

Well this days just SLAP full of surprises... all of which dont seem to like me ... wonderful...
Nuclear Cowboy

xamali
Grand Templar

#15 Post by xamali »

Kirther woke up at the first rays of sun, with a beast breathing near his face. He opened his eyes to see the young drake, Nether. Alright, alright, I'm getting up! He told the creature, pushing him playfully. He had been walking nearly for a month now, and was 20 years old. After a quick hunt, he started once again, and hopefully for the last time, towards Ishpa. He was close now, and expected to reach the city before lunch time.

Kirther walked for about two more hours, with Nether happily jumping from his shoulder to the trees, and the ground, then back to his shoulder, when he Ishpa came with sight.Finally!
With renewed excitment, he quickened his step towards the huge city, but far before reaching it he sighted a small warrior group, and just a little farther the soulless creatures. He decided to avoid them, when he heard a loud scream. Kirther looked towards the skies, and saw a being falling rapidly towards the ground. This can't be good... He thought to himself, while, as quickly as he could, grabbing Nether, and holding him agains't his chest, and with his free hand, motioning towards the sky, producing from the ground a thick earth wall to protect them. Merely a second after he was done, there was a loud noise, and Kirther could feel the ground shaking beneth his feet. He didn't want to be the one the being aimed for.

Kirther poked his head out of his shelter, still holding Nether, and saw the warriors approaching the fallen being, and decided to still not meddle in their affair. He stayed hiden in his shelter with Nether, waiting for them to go away before going to the city. As soon as they were gone in a carriadge, Kirther started walking again to the city, and instructed Nether to hide, who quickly clawed his way inside Kirther's cloak, and hid between his wings. Kirther waslked inside the city, with his hood drawn over his head, and decided to go for the library first, a visit an old friend.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation