The "HellFire" (RP thread)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: The "HellFire" (RP thread)

#811 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Taking the apple from the skeleton I took a bite from it, thinking a second then looking at it,

Ok, Ill call you..... Fred! Besides, some say the pulse screwed my head up anyways! Not really, just some worry about the effects of a rune pulse on ones, especially magic usrs, brains.

Saying this I spun on my heel and walked into the dinning hall and sat down at one of the bigger chairs around the table, instantly having a drink and plate of meat and mashed potatoes infront of me. Smileing I began to eat hungrily, eventually accidentally biteing into the plate.

Oops...

Turning I looked up at the skeleyton before I walked out the room and said,

Im going to see Alden, stay outside till I get out, you dont drive him crazy so much as piss him off.

As I said this I drew the knocker back on Aldens door and slammed it down three times,

Hey Alden, its me. You need to come out of ther for gaias sake, come get some food er somethin, Derek and Maria are down there to.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#812 Post by LuckyMudman »

Orion finished his prayer, thanking Gaia for the gifts she had given him over time, and stood up, focusing for a moment so that the smoke around his body would dissapate. Hearing a noise behind him, he turned around to see Yarlac. "Ah, greetings Tiger. I can hear your breathing, almost as if you have stronger lungs. Might I ask how you are today?"

Yarlac nodded, smiling a bit. "Better than ever I could say. And you're right about the lungs, courtesy of Dr. Wilde. I've spent the last week in Wizna and, now that I think of it, I don't remember seeing you there."

Orion, realizing he had been away from Wizna a week quickly donned his favorite emotion flag, the frown. "I've been busy, dealing with a god damned skeleton, my own shadow, and trying to pick up pieces of my broken home, smashed life, and near dead love." He looked around, noticing a lack of the skeleton, or his assenine remarks. "Funny. I haven't seen him in 5 days."

Yarlac stood up from the bench, Skip slipping from his shoulder and falling on the bench as he did so. "Sounds like you left a lot of things unsolved. At least I can guess you're happy that you're not seeing the skeleton."

Orion laughed, both at the fact that Yarlac made a friend with one of the small robotic tribal things from the arena, and becasue he was not truely free of the skeleton yet. "Yes, but I fear for my friends. I fear greatly that he has begun to affect them. In fact, I hear that Alden was suspended from the guardians becasue of his manial issues as of late. I should probably head off and talk to the king about reinstating him. Would you like to come?" Orion threw a glance at the small crab like robot, remembering the brutallity of #7.

Yarlac looked at the small robot whizzing left and right across the floor, keeping close to them. "Sure, why not. I have to talk to one of the higher-up mages about getting a focusing crystal anyway. And I've heard about Alden, no details though." He lowered his arm and whistled, to which Skip climbed onto Yarlac's arm. "I don't know why it listens to me."

"Well, 7 listens to anyone, but 7 also TAKES DOWN FRIENDLY FERRETS SO THAT THEY DON'T GET IN HIS WAY." Realizing he was angry at a small robot, he coughed and cleared his throat. "Alright then, let's go."

Yarlac laughed and put the small robot in his pack. "Good idea, before the priest decides to kick us out for making a ruckus."

Orion nodded, smiling gently at the idea of making a priest angry. "Alright, I'll lead I guess."
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#813 Post by Stryder221 »

"I'm right here, you know..."
Alden had coincidentally been returning to his quarters by the time Shane returned.

"And before you ask, I've been... Out."
Alden didn't exactly want to bring up Xenota, for It was a bit of a taboo topic to him.

As he was about to make up some clever lie, he saw a glimpse of what looked like himself marching further up in the hall. But once he looked a second time, it was gone.
Must be my eyes or that damned skeleton doing something...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too close! Way too close! I think he saw me for a second!
Alden(?) Quickly rushed out of sight as soon as his other self saw him. Judging by the fact he didn't chase, he wasn't very concerned.

I thought he left not too long ago! This is bad, nothing in the plan mentioned this!

*Earlier...*

"And that's about it, any questions?"
"I've got one... What the hell were you just talking about?"
"..."

*WHACK!*

Artur had viciously hit Rye over the head with his staff, sending stars into his vision.
"Are you an idiot? One enters the castle under a heavy disguise while that captain's out, steals the rune, and gets out! Simple as that!"
"Rune? What rune?"

*WHAM!*

This question was answered by another strike from Artur's staff.
"The blue rune-stone of Ishpa, dummy!"
"Since he happened to miss the important parts, I will explain..."
"Wait, How's one of us to steal the Rune-stone? It's impossible!"
"WE aren't going to do it... A fox by the name of Alden Matriar will..."
"What...?"

"Not very bright, are you? To put it simply, I will place an illusion on you, one that will change your appearance to mimic another's... The spell is, of course my doing, as such a feat is beyond the meager talents of-"
"Get on with it, Artur."
"Er... Right... You will then sneak into the castle, take the rune, and make your escape."
"And how am I to pull that off?!"
"Well..."

*Back to present time...*

"I still think this was the stupidest plan ever..."
"Shut up, at least everything's going smoothly enough."
Maria(?) came up behind the fake Alden, assuring him that he wouldn't be alone in the chaos bound to ensue.

"Did you take care of Maria before taking that identity? And where's Artur?"
"Oh, she won't be waking up for a while... And he's outside, getting our escape ready."
"Good... We're almost to the stone, keep close."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#814 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Spinning on my heels I looked at Alden then at the door and shruged. Following Aldens stare down the hallway I looked and saw nothing,

What'er we lookin' for?

Thinking about my stomach I grabed Alden and imediately declared,

Im hungrty, lets go.

Literaly draging Alden down the hall to the dinning room I sat in my chair and looked down the table to see Maria asleep. My food infront of me I looked at Alden.

Does Maria always fall asleep at the table? Or is this some special occasion?
Nuclear Cowboy

deathwatch
Council Member

#815 Post by deathwatch »

Viktor slowly opened the door into the pitch black stair well. His torch chased away the darkness. revealing cobwebs and ancient, crumbling walls. As he walked into the stairwell he stopped, he heard something scurrying below.
I don't think that we're alone. he said to his men.

Viktor descended the old staircase, down and down they went, stepping over shell casings and pools of dried blood.
One of the men spoke out.
Sir, this was recent.
I know sergeant, keep your weapons ready. Viktor said in response.

Warning: This paragraph contains gore.
As they walked further down the stench of death filled the air, Viktor halted his men. There, lying against the wall, disemboweled and his blood and innards spread across the landing, rested a man, his chest was torn open and one of his arms were missing. Viktor shook his head at the sight, it was one of the recon soldiers, his frozen hand still clutching his weapon.

Viktor looked into the all consuming darkness that lay before him in the corridor to his left. Long did he stare into the void, sensing a presence that hid itself inside the shadowy miasma. He looked back at his men.
We. Are. Not. Alone. He said, his voice devoid of emotion. Whatever you do, don't make a sound.

The remainder of the men crept down the staircase and onto the landing but stopped suddenly when they heard the crash of a piece of metal clattering down into the depths. The men all looked at one, a soldier that had stood on the bar.
You fool! You've killed us all! Viktor shouted.
He looked into the darkness of the corridor and heard a long, mournful wail emit from the darkness, something was coming... Viktor then opened fire, lighting up the tunnel and the foul creatures that were coming. They looked almost human, but were grey, they had long, sharp claws and baleful eyes, They were thin, fragile, but they moved with unnatural speed and possessed great strength, enough to throw Viktor to the ground.

The men were in a different situation, these... things were dropping all around them and not even their heavy armour could stop the bone claws that the creatures used. Two died in an instant. Three more were cut down before someone tossed a grenade and collapsed the tunnel entrance, stopping them from bringing more to the fight. The melee was short, the things were easily broken but it showed that they were indeed a threat. Then it struck Viktor, he tapped his radio.
Safia, do you copy, we are not alone, I repeat, we are not alone. The creatures that inhabit this complex just attacked us in force, there were dozens of them. They are strong but fragile, keep your distance as well, their claws are sharp enough to puncture our heavy armour, but they prefer to attack visors and joints. They have also killed the recon team, so make your way straight to the generator room. He finished his transmission and shouted his men down the staircase, they had to reach the command center, he knew that the team was dead, all he had to do was find their leaders corpse.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#816 Post by Hotep the psychic »

When argo arrived at the workshop he was suprised on how many enginneers were working , the torches sparks flying to the ground as one worked on some sort of helicopter and the ring of test rounds being fired. Soon he found an empty space and began gathering gun materials and parts from boxes and shelves. After so he grabed the tools needed. He focused first on the bolt action receiver"hmm, two different rounds..two different receivers.....maybe a semi auto rifle with the bolt action...." he talked to himself as he began to build his hands moving quickley between parts and tools as if instinct. He may have only done this with lower projects in ishpa but here was diferent for him...he actually felt like he was himself and free of sorrow and his banishment.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#817 Post by Stryder221 »

"I thought... It's nothing... Just- Gack!"
As Alden hesitated to speak, he was dragged to the Dining hall, struggling to whole way.

"Damn you! Stop doing that!"
Grumbling, he sat in his own seat, noticing Maria snoring away.
"No, she doesn't fall asleep unless she's drunk... OI! ESTEED! RISE AND SHINE!"
"Meep!"

The effect was instantaneous, once Alden shouted directly into her ear, Maria shot out of her chair and about a few feet into the air, coming down with a loud crash onto the floor.
"Yes sir! So sorry, sir!"

"Where was that thing... Ha! Here we are!"
As the fake Alden pushed on a loose stone in the wall, a passageway opened up on the opposite side. Only proper guardians and high-ranking magi knew anything about it, for it led straight to the Rune-stone's vault.

"Nice one! Lead the way, I'll follow of course."
Both imposters cautiously stepped forward into the dark passage, careful not to set off any traps set in the Stone's defense.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#818 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Watching as Alden scared Maria out of her chair I simply laughed and called Alden,

Yo, come on quit screwin' off, leyts eat then make some rounds on the inner castle, with the guards out patroling and rebuilding, someones gotta do it. Plus, as much time with you OUTSIDE of that room as possible would be good.

Sitting at my chair I ate a plate of chicken(of a fried variety!) and a few other things before looking up,

Ready when you are Alden.
Nuclear Cowboy

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#819 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo looked at his handiwork of the bolt action rifle, the collapsable stock extended out and the long barrel connected by a slideing lock clip in its center sealed tight. Its safety was on and quickly he locked the receiver top closed the butstock and switched to a semi auto receiver then folded the barrel on itself to half its length for a more assualt rifle look. He picked it up aiming high testing its weight then quickly made the switch of recivers again and flicked the gun as the barrel swiveled from half to full length. He smiled as an engineer saw and continued working. He set it back down and opened a small case, inside were the scope, bi pod, and extra magazines. He set the semi auto receiver inside the grey foam and closed it then set the small case on the side of his left leg into a small support he made especcially for it. Next he carryed another medium case with live rounds and the rifle inside. "ok so i need another small case to put the rifle in and i need to build another leg support for my right leg...but fist i need to test my work for a full success before going half cocked.." he said leaving the shop to a range or test area.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#820 Post by alex3192 »

They never had a chance. The shell, whether it was from a friendly or not we shall never know, slammed into the engine section. AiCT heaved, then flipped as the entire engine section was brutally ripped from the front of the ship. It slid to the side, before impacting the ground with an awe inspiring impact....
Th-th-the-y-y-y-y....

They never had a chance. The shell, whether it was from a friendly or not we shall never know, slammed into the engine section. ACT heaved, then flipped as the entire engine section was brutally ripped from the front of the ship. It slid to the side, before impacting the ground with an awe inspiring impact....

Dump playthrough complete, replaying.

They never had a chance. The shell, whether it was from a friendly or not we shall never know, slammed into the engine section. ACT heaved, then flipped as the entire engine section was brutally ripped from the front of the ship. It slid to the side, before impacting the ground with an awe inspiring impact....

The transport laid on the ground in ruin, the remains of it's body a tangled mess. Just one more mechanical casualty from the bloody conflict. The drone laid a few feet to the right, have been thrown off by the sudden impact, coupled with the spinning.

Emergency autorepair completed, core is now operational. Rebooting
Power coursed back through the damaged remains of the drone, and life returned to it's battered hulk.
Systems check...
Damage at 75%.
Leg 4 structural integrity at 62%.
Com 1 down, switching to Com 2
LArray 1 35% damage, hard test required.
Radar 1 is down, switching to Radar 2.
Solar Array panels 9, 36, 72, 8, and 6 are inoperable, total output is now at 71%
Systems check completed

The drone slowly picked itself up, servos and hydraulics whining the whole time.
It had become quite battered in it's fall, with massive gashes in some spots, a crushed radar dome in another, and crushed solar arrays all alone it's surface.
Picking up a leg at a time, it began its trek towards the city, in the hope that one of the vaulters it had detected there earlier might be able to repair it.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#821 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

"I swear, if I have to run from ONE MORE DAMNED ROCK..."
"Shut up, I think we're past all the traps, now... And look, there's the stone! We made it!"
The two stared in awe at the brilliantly glowing rune, suspended in the air a few feet above a flowing fountain.
Wasting no more time, Alice reached towards the stone and grabbed it.
Once she touched it, however, both stone and fountain shone brightly, and both Rye and Alice's disguises wore off instantly.
On top of this, the fountain began to spew fire instead of water, and a small flaming phoenix chick appeared in the flame, took one look at the two, and let off an ear-splitting cry, one that could be heard from all over Ishpa.

"Oh... We're in for it now! The whole army's gonna hear that racket! Come on, run!"
The two wasted no time in escaping the scene, Alice tucked the rune under her arm and rushed after Rye.

---------------------------------------------------------

Arratay's ears twitched as he heard the phoenix cry, his look of amusement quickly turning into one of worry...
"Not good! I gotta go!"

Upon reaching the castle vicinity, Arratay spied a young ferret carving a rune into the castle wall. Knowing that rune-markings meant some sort of magic, he confronted him.
"Oi! Shorty! What do you think you're doing"

The effect was different than expected, for the young ferret chose to launch himself at Arratay, clawing, scratching and biting as he latched onto his arm.
"Shorty?! Can a shorty do this?! I'm still growing, you simple minded peon!!!"
"Gack! Get off me!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I know that sound... And that's not a good sound to hear at all. COME ON, FOLLOW ME!"
COME ON LETS MOVE LADIES!
"Come on, men! We must defend the rune-stone!"

Everyone rushed through the halls looking for the intruders, it was only upon reaching the courtyard were the two thieves found. The gates shut before Rye and Alice could make their escape.

"Dammit! They're right on our tail! And where's Artur's escape plan, now?!"
"I don't know! He must've been caught!"

"Sorry, you two... It's the end of the line... Hand over the stone, and you may leave freely..."
Alden, along with half the guardian order surrounded the two former guardians, weapons drawn and ready to fight.

"Not a chance, military dog! With this rune, I have the last tool in wiping the soulless from existence! And besides, why should we believe the word of a murderer? I know what you did in Xenota, what really destroyed it... You burned it to the ground! Hundreds of innocent lives lost because of you! men, women, and children turned to ashes! And on the off-chance the village was infected?!"

"I only... followed the orders I was given... Like them or not, It's my duty to carry them out... I ask one last time... please, hand over the rune-stone of Ishpa..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud grating sound echoed out as one of the gates was raised then immediately slammed to the floor. Slowly spinning his sword, Shane watched Alice bring up the wrong subject.
"Alden, remember, you need em alive if you ever wanna be reinstated."

Stopping in the center of the courtyard he planted the sword in the ground and looked at Rye,
"You've got no idea how lucky that makes -you- of all Beran here."
"Ain't we so lucky? Even so, I won't stand aside. All or nothing!"

Alden was the first to step forward, freeing his cursed blade from the sheath at his side.
"Reinstatement or not, I don't wish to harm either of you... Please, just lay your sword down and walk away..."
"Please, Rye! Just listen to him!
"Sorry, Maria... I've made my choice... I'm not turning back, not for you or anyone... Forgive me..."

with grim determination in his eyes, Rye advanced and swung a lightning-fast strike aiming for Alden's sword arm, hoping to disarm him.
"If that is your wish... But do not think ill of me for this..."
Alden's face was emotionless as he dodged the strike with absurd ease, throwing a counter-swing with similar speed, if not faster.
"Heh, As long as you don't hate me once I defeat you."

It seemed that the two swordsmen were evenly matched, they both clashed, parried, and dodged each other's strikes easily, neither of them gaining an advanatage.

Yanking his blade from the ground Shane lunged straight at Alice out of nowhere, taking her by surprise and knocking her to the ground.
"This is the perfect time to try out a new strike of mine. Not good for you though..."
Saying this his hand slowly went up in front f him, lightning sparking from the sky through the roof into his hand, Alice watching carefully. After several seconds Shane slammed his fist to the ground,
"So tell me Alice... did you ever hear the stories of the four horsemen?"
With an apprehensive stare Alice answered.

"What does this have to do with here and now, princeling?"
"Oh? Well..."
Slicing at her feet with Danger close in his right hand as his left began to spark, Shane continued to speak,
"A white horse on the clouds of death, a red warhorse to end all wars, a pale horse in pestilence led by a dark horse in famine and scales. These are the Harbingers of the apocalypse."
The second he said Harbinger a glaive formed in his hands, sliding Danger close in his right paw he spun both of them and struck out again, knocking her weapon aside with the new blade, his wings open as he brought down Danger-close. Not knowing what to do, Alice made a split second decision by accident and used the stone to block. Danger-close's axe head cut the stone in half quickly and the two ends began to glow. Immediately Shane looked at Alice,

"Oh... uh... Oops?"
"Do you understand what you've done?! Our race was made by one cracking....You just split one..."
"You did the splitting, genius."
"THAT DOESN'T MATTER! YOU'VE KILLED US A-"
Before he could, finish the stone went off in a bright flash, and Shane said no more...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Arratay and Artur had ceased their fight upon hearing the loud explosion, looking up to see the giant pillar of pure white magic.
"That's... Bad, isn't it?"
"You have no idea..."

Both Beran braced themselves for the rushing wave of pure magic, vanishing completely once it hit them.
All over the world, everyone and everything began to suffer the same fate as the wave washed over them, causing them to vanish in a flash.

Where... Am I...? A-alice, I...

To be continued...
Nuclear Cowboy