Wit's End (Twokinds Based) Rp thread

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Wit's End (Twokinds Based) Rp thread

#61 Post by Stryder221 »

"<A pleasure indeed...>"
Said the basitin with a small grin.

Once he noticed the Keidran, Carden, was walking away, Vane hastened to follow him.

"<Well, I suppose you could consider all of us technically insane for our ridiculous amount of loyalty and ability to follow orders.>"
Said Vane, responding to his guard's doubts upon the doctor's sanity, and kept walking.

He waited for Carden to finish speaking before anything else.

"<I doubt my safety will be in too much danger, I appreciate the concern.
But after all, you did make sure to relieve him of all possible weapons, correct?>"
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#62 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Limited perspective? This young (Presumably, Thomas wasn't quite sure how to gauge Basitins or Keidran, although he presumed that it ran along similar lines as did various animals of similar build) Basitin said his perspective was limited? What, and he had been traveling the world since he was born squealing? And now the arrogant soldier assumed that he had kept his head buried in the snow?

"Your point?" He asked stiffly. "If you think that they are going to seize the capital in the next few days, you are sadly mistaken. There are infinitely more humans than Keidran, and we possess far more military might."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#63 Post by Ace5762 »

The Basitin grinned and gave a small nod.
"Precisely my point, Doctor Reed."
Markus leant back slightly and continued.

"The wolves are riding on a wave of bravado, they've gained so much ground but they've fought unopposed. As soon as they and the human armies meet-"
The basitin smacked his fist into his open palm.

"With no other army to back them up, the wolf keidran military will be utterly destroyed, this unit included. Such is their price for thinking they can run against the human empire with no ally" he said impartially. The basitin seemed to have no hesitation in acknowledging the doom of his own soldiers.

"But, that might not happen- should this campaign fall short, or be bogged down by the human militia long enough for the wolves to see the jaws of the empire closing around them, they'll beat a hasty retreat to the forest again- they'll regroup and I imagine they'll meekly reopen parlay with other tribes. Months ago, there was to be an allegiance between them and the tiger tribe that went sour. Had they succeeded in uniting, the human empire would have been overrun many weeks ago" said Markus, breathing a sigh.

"My point is this, Doctor Reed. Don't underestimate the keidran- they aren't a match for the human army now, but let them regroup, unify, and come back again as one, there will be a great and terrible enemy to stand against. Help them march faster before they realise they're in too deep, and the wolves are removed as a threat as the end result" said the basitin.

"You get a fast horse, and a modest sum of human coin once the campaign draws to an end. And perhaps I suggest that injured human prisoners are sent along to you, rather than being executed on the spot"
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#64 Post by mullac »

"< He was carrying no arms when he arrived>" He turned down a side road towards the house in which Red was being held. "<However he was allowed to maintain possession of his medical equipment. As a token of trust, that and we are hoping that the Doctor will aid us when the time comes>". He pondered his thoughts as they walked down the road nearing the house. He knew it would be a matter of time before a counter attack was launched by the humans, if they had organised that was.

As he drew level with the house that red was in the guards stood to a sharp attention, "<Now there is no need for that>". The wolves relaxed and shot each other a quizzing look. "< Get everyone out here, We have another Basitin who wishes to meet the Doctor however it would be best if we were present for the protection of all parties involved.>" Once all of the guards were assembled out side Carden briefed them on what was to happen. "<Oh I also need a runner>" He pointed at the leanest of the wolves. "<You, you look like someone who's feet can carry them fast. Go to the lieutenant, I believe his is in the Inn. Tell him that there are two of his kind in town. Tell him Carden sent you. Now go>" No sooner had he finished speaking then the Keidran was dashing down the road towards the inn at an astounding pace. Carden walked up to the front door and rasped his knuckled across the front door. "[OH DOCTOR]" He shouted "[CAN YOU STEP OUT SIDE? THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO MEET YOU]". Carden turned to the guards, "< Be ready men anything could happen>". He stood back from the door and waited for Red to emerge

Mean while the runner was dashing though the streets, skirting past wolves moving around the town and diving past the odd cart or two. He ran straight up to the door of the inn and burst in, the door slammed into the wall as it flew open. The wolf winced at the level of noise he made. "<I have some important new for the lieutenant, from Carden. Two more Basitins are in the town>".
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#65 Post by MrCrimson »

"{Six hundred and three.}" he stopped and got up, he thought to himself "Bloody finally, better be my meat... Or bread, I really don't care anymore." As he walked up to the door he kept a hand in his pocket, it was a habit. As he opened the door he looked outside, pretending to see everyone infront of him. "Why yes? Who's here to see me?" he said grinning wildly. "A patient!?" he said happily almost singing the two words.

Using his foot he felt the ground infront of him and picked up a short stick, he then started carefully poking the air, he poked most of the guards at least the ones that were not stepping back not wanting to get prodded. Red's face turned sour, "What's the meaning of this? Here to kill me?" he stood a bit more tense. "Killing a Doctor what's this world come to..." he added, sighing it out almost to himself. He leaned on the door frame. "What's it going to be... *Sigh* Pikes? Daggers? Or just the usual fire to the face?" he slumped but even though he looked defeated and relaxed a cheek muscle twitched, showing the built up tension inside of himself.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#66 Post by Ace5762 »

As the messenger barged in, a voice from a shadowy corner of the inn spoke up softly.

"<The lieutenant is conducting... an interrogation. He will be informed- be on your way, soldier>" said Ark, who was barely visible in the gloom of the wrecked inn, his ears straining in an attempt to catch the words being exchanged upstairs, not hearing anything above a soft murmur.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#67 Post by Stryder221 »

Vane had no idea why the doctor was poking the air with a stick until it was too late, and it hit him right in the chest.

"Oof! {Now was that really necessary? That hurts, you know!}"
Said the prodded basitin in an annoyed tone, rubbing the area where he got hit.

"{Where are my manners? My name... Is Vane, a basitin much like yourself. And nobody here wants to kill you... I think.}"
He said, bringing back his polite tone.

"{And even if these keidran wanted to kill you, I doubt it would be fire in the face, but then again, I'm not keidran.}"
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#68 Post by MrCrimson »

"Oh... Well maybe your not here to kill me for now..." he said, turning his face to where Carden was standing. "Carden, I thought you'd bring me a Human to Keidran translator, not a Basitin to Keidran one. Thanks." he said, lightly bowing his head. "Where did you find him anyway? Interesting to see.... Hear a Keidran being able to speak and understand Basitin... Well it's interesting to me, since this is my first time..." he said, grinning widely.

He then approached the "Keidran", he reached out and started touching his head. Then he examined the ears and his grin slowly faded, "{So... Uh. Sorry.... This is quite embarrassing..}" he said in Basitin, backing up a bit.

After a while few seconds of looking at the other Basitin with an awkward smile he turned to the left, sniffing. "Wait a second..." he turned to one of the guards holding something wrapped in paper, Red pocked it. After a while he took it off the guard, "I'll take that." he grinned happily looking at the item wrapped in brown paper.

He then turned around back to the Basitin "{Sorry, they took their time getting my food. Anyway,}" he said, interrupting himself with a low bow. "{My name is Red Ketsueki. At your disposal.}" he finished standing up straight, the grin back on his face, the package's brown paper beginning to turn red from the meat inside of it, he didn't notice it, or just ignored it holding it by his side.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#69 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Thomas's eyebrows had been steadily climbing up his forehead as the Bastitin spoke, and by the end they were almost in his hairline.

"And why, to ask the obvious question, are you offering to help me?" He asked suspiciously, lowering his voice to match the other. What the other was saying sounded absurd. The Keidran conquering his people in a matter of weeks or months, just because the Tigers joined in? It wasn't as if his kind would roll over and present their bellies after being stabbed a few times. Why was the Basitin telling him this anyway? False information, meant to fool the humans once he was released? Trying to play the Keidran and Humans against each other? Why was he even leading the Keidran? Didn't they hate each other?

"Surely you don't have the best interest of the humans in mind. Prefer to see us both burn, do you?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#70 Post by Stryder221 »

"{What? I'm not a- oh, forget it...}"

Vane had immediately brought his palm up to meet his face when the doctor mistook him for a keidran.

He still had his face in his right hand when he felt something weird on his forehead.

He brought down his hand, and saw the doctor right in front of him, patting his head.
Upon noticing this, Vane slowly started turning red at this embarrassing scene, and his face was almost a shade of crimson by the time the doctor had finished his little examination by touching his large ears.

"{This is... very awkward...}"
Said the red-faced basitin in a small voice.

He felt somewhat relieved once the doctor backed up, and took a package from one of the keidran guards.

When the doctor had introduced himself as Red, Vane hastened to attempt giving himself a proper introduction.

"{My name, as I may have said before, is Vane, no last name.}"
"{A, er... Pleasure to meet you, Red.}"

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#71 Post by MrCrimson »

"Anyway.. Carden, you just wanted him to see me?" he asked turning around and walking into the darkness of the abandoned house. "Or do you actually require my assistance?" he said, getting out his hacksaw and placing the meat on the table, still engulfed in darkness. He started to saw it, he continued talking "I'd really enjoy to do my job, since I have nothing better to do.. And really what's with the guards?" he questioned.

"{They think I'm mad. But, there is no great genius without some touch of madness... Don't you agree comrade?}" he added, this time talking to Vane, he chuckled from the darkness. After finishing with the meat he flicked his hacksaw making the blood on it fly off - a few small drops landing just outside the door - the rest he wiped with a cloth. He walked back outside holding a bloody piece of meat in his hand, cut down to size. "{You know it being raw isn't so bad once you haven't eaten for a long time. Oh and soft ears.}" he stated, he grinned and then tore a piece off with his teeth continuing to chew happily.

He swallowed and looked around, "So who's first to see the Doctor?" he added chuckling, he then awaited a reply.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#72 Post by mullac »

"[No assistance required today doctor just delivering a visitor today]" Carden paused watching the doctor, moving his hind paw to avoid it being splatted in blood being flung out of the door by the Doctor. "[The guards are for everyone's protection, you can never be too sure under the circumstances]". He listened into the Basitins conversation trying to decipher what was being said, but not knowing any of the Basitin language apart from the phrase red had taught him it was hopeless. He was able to learn something from their body language but not much, just that their topic of conversation didn't seem of a hostile nature.

After a moment of fruitlessly trying to figure out what was being said, Carden stepped inside the house as was enveloped in the gloom of the house. "[However Doctor..]". He paused observing Red as he ate the meat. "". He walked around the room standing in front of the fire place. "[If the humans are smart enough, they will counter attack this village. Depending on the size of this counter attack and whether we are prepared for it will affect how many casualty we sustain.]" Carden turned to face the others and walked over to Red. "[Doctors like your self can turn the tide in a war. Our Doctors use mana crystals mostly, you however use bandages. A quick fix guy, What do you say?]" He paused staring at the bandages that covered the Doctors eyes. "[Support the Forest Wolves war effort, fix up our boys and in turn we shall wreak devastation upon the humans. Avenging and honouring our fallen.]". He fell silent and stood near the door. Unsure of how the doctor would take the proposition. "[However if the counter attack utilizes a much larger force then expected well....we wont need your skills as a doctor, but your skills as a mortician]".
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#73 Post by Stryder221 »

Seeing the doctor's raw meat quickly reminded Vane of the fact that he had no food whatsoever, and would starve if he left Stoneshore now.
Once Carden had made his proposition to Red, Vane quickly spoke up.

"Excuse me, Carden, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble... I have a request of my own."

He paused a few seconds before continuing.

"See, I'm not in the most desirable of situations, I have no food nor supplies for travelling, meaning if I attempt to travel, I would likely starve..."

"This is why I am requesting to join the forest wolves in this war, at least temporarily, provided I am at the very least treated the same as one of your warriors."

He then waited for a reaction, hoping he hadn't offended anyone in any way.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#74 Post by Ace5762 »

"I don't give charity, Doctor Reed. Believe me, were you not useful, you would already be very dead. Nothing personal, of course- you would have just presented a small nuisance to deal with"
Markus stood up, gathering the files he'd taken out in hand, and going about replacing them. He twitched an ear slightly, not looking at Thomas as he spoke.

"My reasons are my own, Doctor- I've laid out the terms of the agreement to you. If you accept and hold to your part, I will keep to mine. If you decline..."

The Basitin smirked.
"...I won't stop you leaving, and I'll certainly bid you the best of luck in escaping a town full to bursting with bloodlusting keidran. One of whom is stood right outside" he said, chuckling.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#75 Post by MrCrimson »

The Doctor just stood there... His mouth in a very serious emotionless line, untill he put his hand up to his mouth and started giggling his head twitching a few times, then he began to laugh madly holding his stomach from the pain caused. "And in turn we'll wreak devastation upon the humans?" he repeated "Do you think I care about that? Because I don't." he stated still staring at Carden, approaching the blood covered table with the piece of meat on top, subconsciously counting the steps.

He dumped himself on the chair behind the table now chuckling. "I don't care about your fight with the humans, I'm just a poor ol' Doctor. I only need a patient on the table here, and I'll be happy." he said tapping the table with a big wide grin. "Give me food, water and bodies and I'll patch them up, operate on them..." he said leaning back on the chair. "Deal?" he asked, pushing a bit harder with his leg causing the chair to fall back and land on the floor with the Doctor still in it, "Or no deal?" he said calmly, still smiling.

He then looked towards the door, still sitting on the fallen chair, arms sprawled. "Hey, Vane, come on in come on in. Have a snack, blood's good for you." he yelled towards the open door, grinning.