Wit's End (Twokinds Based) Rp thread

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MrCrimson
New Citizen

Re: Wit's End (Twokinds Based) Rp thread

#106 Post by MrCrimson »

After listening to what Vane had to say and feeling the small blow of air from Vane's passing into the house, he stood up and walked after him, stopping beside him. "{Dearie me, you could've told me you were out of food!}" he exclaimed, reaching into his inner pocket and taken out a few of the meat strips. He then reached out his hand and said "{Here you are Soft Ears, it keeps your saliva going at least. Kept me going for long enough.}" he chuckled, patiently waiting for him to accept the small token of gratitude.

Though he was interested in what kind of a situation Vane was in, he lowered his ears sub-conciously at the serious question that was about to be asked: "{What difficult situation might you be in?}" he then waited for a reply, hoping he hadn't struck a very sensitive subject.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#107 Post by Ace5762 »

Markus scowled as the two basitin strode inside the inn uninvited after Vane rebuffed him, shaking his head despairingly as they vanished into the interior gloom. The lieutenant pinched his nose and sighed lowly.
"<Yes, now we're in trouble. Basitins...>" he said to Carden softly.

"<Guess I'll start a fire going for them, needs be being their kin, even if that doctor is an Easterner- no doubt the chill bites them as much as it does me. Don't expect them to be here long, Carden, I plan to send them on their way>" he said, making to follow Vane and Ketsueki inside.

"<Oh, I have a task for you, Carden. Seeing as you seem capable, I want you to find out why the water cart is late. They were due to arrive back before now. They set out to due West from here to the lake, your comrades should be able to help>" said Markus with a short nod.

Hailes entered and gave a wearied look to the two basitins, letting them talk to each other whilst he climbed the stairs.
"{There is a room with a fireplace upstairs, gentlemen. If you'd care to join me, I imagine we have much to discuss}" he spoke loudly from the top of the staircase, on the balcony overlooking the main room.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#108 Post by Stryder221 »

"{Oh, er... Thanks... Thanks very much...}"
He rolled his eyes at the "Soft ears" part, but Vane had meekly accepted the strips of meat from Red... It was fairly awkward for him to accept them, he'd never had someone even give him a piece of stale bread.

He paused for only a second when asked what situation he was in before speaking.
"{Mostly the fact I was out of supplies, though from a random attack on the road by a very rude human... I would guess that I am very unpopular in most of the human towns now, perhaps a bounty on my head to top it off...}"
"{Did I mention the fact that particular human died horribly? Pretty much ran right into my blades.}"

He chuckled a little at that last part, before responding to his would-be lieutenant.

"{Alright, We'll be right there!}"

*Sigh...* "{Alright, let's go and play the soldier act...}"
He said to his new blindfolded friend, slowly making his way up the stairs.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#109 Post by MrCrimson »

"{Soldiers?}" he laughed through his own hand - which he had placed to stop him from further psychotic laughs - and continued to talk; "{More like arms for hire, a liability, a spy. I don't think anyone would trust us even if we were considered on their side.}" he said, really speaking to himself pondering on the idea.

He reached for the railing and started climbing the ladder after Vane. He wondered what the Lieutenant of this warband was going to do with them, he really didn't care in the end he just wanted something to do. "{I think we're destined to work together Vane, I must say I do enjoy your company. Maybe we could work out an agreement after this.}" he told him, hoping that he might accept his request. He kept walking up the stairs after Vane.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#110 Post by Ace5762 »

As the two basitins entered the upstairs of the inn, they would see a door ajar, within which Markus could be seen to be moving about as he handled some wood onto fireplace.
A snap of a match sounded and soon thereafter a crackle of the fire starting to burn, casting a warm glow from inside the room, a far cry from the chill of the outside.

"{Please, do come in and make yourselves comfortable, gentlemen}" said Markus, holding the door open for the two of them.

The room had likely belonged to the innkeeper before the keidran had taken town. It was a reading room or parlour of sorts, with a set of woven chairs as well as a luxurious leather settee. Scores of bound books lined shelves at the back of the room, multiple volumes of novels and historical documentations no doubt pored over at some time or another. Markus could be heard to huff in a little frustration as he set a painting back on the wall in it's rightful place, having been knocked down by the keidran the night before.

"{Sadly I haven't much to offer to eat or drink to you, unless you care for keidran rations}"
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#111 Post by Stryder221 »

"{And yet the keidran can trust one of our kind to lead them? Surely there must have been disagreements there...}"
Vane said, though really just talking to himself.

he was at the top of the stairs upon hearing the doctor, Red, speak again.
"{Hmm? What sort of agreement...? Apologies, but we shouldn't keep the lieutenant waiting any longer... We should speak of this later.}"
With that said, he stepped through now the open door into the room, taking a good look around.

"{I must say... You picked a fine place for us to meet, lieutenant... Very fine, indeed...}"
He walked over to one of the woven chairs and sat down, then waited for either Red or Markus to speak.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#112 Post by MrCrimson »

"{Would be nice to see the room...}" he grumbled to himself as he walked inside, walking up to where Vane was seated, putting his arm on the back of the chair. He started walking around the room, feeling the wall until he came back to the door, he patted the door frame before he leaned upon it. He turned to look at the center of the room.

"{So lieutenant, what does thou wantest?}" he asked, wondering what the Lieutenant of this warband decided to do with them, throw them out? Or keep them. He pondered on what he looked like, maybe he'd get to find that out soon enough. He reached into his pocket and took out another slice of dried meat to chew on, his second last one, he was disappointed at this but he chewed on it anyway, killing time.

((Going to switzerland today, will be back on 5/11/12 might find internet, see ya then.))

Taven
Citizen

#113 Post by Taven »

((Huh..this is a interestin' RP...is it closed or open to more people I'd like to join..but as a general for the Templar.))

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#114 Post by Ace5762 »

Markus took a seat by the fire, leaning forward and warming himself from it. The other two seemed less concerned with warmth- perhaps they had been in the North so long that they no longer felt the cold.

"{The only place the keidran left -mostly- intact. What with no humans to kill, they got rather boisterous}" he said, shrugging off his heavy cloak.

"{But let it not be said that I have lost my sense of courtesy to my kind...}" said Markus, who was staring fixedly on Ketsueki, who in reality was not of his kind. But turning away a doctor, Eastern or Western, would be a lapse of honor itself.

"{But to business. You both suggested you had a need for work?}" he said, then chuckled hollowly, scratching his temple.

"{I humbly suggest that you look elsewhere- You may rest a while and I can spare some supplies for you to travel with, but that is all}"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((This isn't me, the GM saying your characters have to leave by the way. You can obviously push back against Markus's wishes))
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#115 Post by Stryder221 »

Vane wasn't too concerned about warming himself, his thick cloak had done wonders to keep himself from freezing several times...

"{The way you seem to put it, Markus, we're lucky to be in a building that's still standing!}"
He said, chuckling to himself.

"{Excuse me? Surely this is a joke of ill taste?}"
Vane had not taken Markus' "suggestion" well, and was staring at him, obviously confused.
"{While your offer of supplies is all well and good, why refuse our services? From what I have heard, most of your troops are, well... inexperienced...}"

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#116 Post by MrCrimson »

He just leaned there listening to everyone his grin fading slowly. "{I agree with Vane. I think you require a private group, a team you could say that is more controlled than the fight hungry Keidran you have outside.}" he explained, in a more serious tone than he usually used. He pushed off the door frame and started pacing slowly.

"{A able bodied soldier - I presume... - and a Doctor, both from the Isles possibly your closest allies. Or at least the closest you can trust from your first encounter.}" He said, still pacing stopping beside the fireplace to warm up a bit, he was trying not to make this too obvious since he still had to keep the serious atmosphere.

"{I probably have support of four Keidran - one being Carden - from the whole ceremony, so I won't cause a lot of hustle. Rumors do spread like forest fire.}" he also stated returning to the door frame.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#117 Post by Ace5762 »

Markus sat passively, leaning with his cheek resting on his hand, watching as Ketsueki paced. He tilted his head as the doctor strayed too close, an ember leaping from the fire and onto the Easterner's coat. Markus sighed and arose, patting out the smouldering speck smartly with his hand.
"{I admire determination, gentlemen- but yours won't sway me on this. Again, I must decline- this is a not a war for the basitin. And before you ask, I bear no seal of the Isles on me. That is a ship sailed long ago}" He said, looking from one to the other, a hollow melancholy behind his eyes.

"{But...}"

Markus tapped the hilt of his sword.

"{If you consider my troops insubstantial, perhaps you would endeavour to prove it, and in doing so claim a place among us? The basitin way- you face a challenger of my chosing in a duel and emerge victorious, and you will take his place}" He said, crossing his arms and smiling in something of smug way.

"{Dr. Ketsueki is not a warrior, so you may fight on his behalf as well}" he said to Vane "{Sound fair?}"
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#118 Post by mullac »

"<Enjoy the company of your kind>" Said Carden with a grin. "< I'll take the guards and find the whereabouts of the cart sir>". He gave a paw over the heart salute before turning on his heels and headed over to the guards. "< I know I said this was the last thing I wanted you to help with but it seems there is a problem>". The guards started to gather around with the odd grumbling from a few of the men obvious irritated at the new development in the situation. "<It would appear that the water cart is delayed in its return and the lieutenant has asked for me to investigate and I'm asking for your help>". "<We have help you out enough already why should we help you again?>" said the pluck arrogant voice of the wolf who had drawn blades with Carden earlier. "<Well if you have scene past your nose you will realise that the water cart severs the majority of our ranks, that includes you.>" Carden replied striding in the direction of the wolf. "< If the cart has broken down it will take more then one wolf to shift it, and the same goes for if it has been attacked.>" The changeling to Cardens authority back down realising that Carden was right. Carden stepped back and glanced over the men. "< Now on the off chance something has happen we need to display force to dishearten any attackers, So we will form a marching column and head out of the Western gate down to the lake.>" He started walking down the road. "< Form up! and follow my lead>". As he headed down the road toward the gate the guards fell into a marching column. The sound of marching paws droned lowly in the town.
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#119 Post by Stryder221 »

Banished... I can only imagine what he must have done... Then again, who am I to talk? I don't even know the conditions for my return, if there even are any...

Vane had sat in his seat, silently thinking to himself before what he heard next brought him straight back to reality, also bringing a bit of a grin to his face.
"{More than fair, though I wouldn't judge anyone's combat proficiency from their profession, I did that to a scholar once, almost got my nose broken.}"

He stood up quickly, clearly eager to take up Markus' challenge.
"{So, if we're to use our own weapons, my knives are with your quartermaster... Or are am I supposed to beat my opponent over the head with a stick?}"

Heh, either way, what's the worst he could possibly toss at me?

MrCrimson
New Citizen

#120 Post by MrCrimson »

Red nodded at the fair agreement and then turned to Vane, he wanted to deliver his thanks: "{Thank you for not underestimating me, your the first not to. But that is customary for Basitins since we know some things other races don't... Well at least not the individuals that visited our Isles.}"

He then turned back to Markus "{Have you forgotten? Most of our guards stand in the streets, blindfolds under their helmets. Doctors are no different, we are just too wounded to fight on the front lines, doesn't stop us from accepting challenges does it now? And to be quite honest, as long as they don't know my injury I am just like a normal Basitin. There is a downside though...}" he cut himself off after explaining.

He scratched the back of his head and then asked; "{well then, I accept this challenge and if I fail I shall le-... Wait what are the conditions? To the death? May we use our own means? Our own weapons?}" He then awaited for the answer hoping it was what he hoped it was.