Drop of rain ((RP))

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Able
Templar Inner Circle

Drop of rain ((RP))

#1 Post by Able »

The Sand boat Zero moved across the sand the old boat not gliding properly over the sand making it kicks up more sand than normal. The sand splashed over the dock as the boat stopped docked in the city of Theridel. Sassa lowered her boarding ramp and climbed down to the dock looking around her ship was nothing compared to the other sand liners docked there but she didn't care. She walked over and paided the docking fee and order a refill on coal for the engines. After That she walked to a notice board and put a flyer looking for passengers going any where she didn't care as long as she got paid. She put on the note to meet her in the docks local bar, her picture was on the flyer. She smiled and headed there to wait and get some drinks.

((This is just a set up post Sassa is a NPC controlled by me, you can do what ever you want this is open world RP))
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Doom114
Grand Templar

Re: Drop of rain ((RP))

#2 Post by Doom114 »

Under a rock outcropping a few miles North East of Theridel, Dom Morden laid in the shade, seemingly taking a nap. After a short bit of waiting, Dom heard shuffling footsteps in the sand on the other side of the rocks. A man came walking around the rocks into the shade, slightly startled by finding someone else there. The man steps towards Dom "Hey, you ok there?". Dom sat up, stretching like he just woe, then stood up and offered the man his hand, "Yeah, just taking a break, beatin' the heat." As the man extends his hand, Dom clasps his arm, suddenly extending his claws and pulling down the length of the man's arm. Dom throws a punch, knocking the bleeding man to the ground before pulling out an image, double checking his target as the man tries, unsuccessfully, to stop the bleeding. As the man slumped over, Dom knelt down next to him and started rummaging through his pockets, finding an old gold ring and a bag full of coins, which were supposedly stolen from his employer. He starts back towards Theridel to return the ring and receive the rest of his pay.

Optix
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Optix »

"Lonesome"

Grace was expertly stealthed in the darkest corner of the bar, her legs alone strong enough to keep her suspended just below the ceiling. She was invisible, in plain sight yet completely stealthed by her illusory magic. 

She maintained her focus on the illusions hiding her from sight while slowly, almost painfully slowly, surveying the patrons within the pub. She was assessing which patrons were armed, with what, and how much of a threat they posed. It was standard operating procedure for Grace. Drilled into her through her years of training. 
After slowly surveying the bar for the first time, Grace began to backtrack, surveying the bar a second time. 
Due to the slow, disciplined speed at which she surveyed her surroundings several things had now changed. 
At the bar there was now an elderly paw speaking with a female wolf fur, a sand boat captain by the looks of her clothing and equipment. That, and Grace knew her to be a regular patron at this pub and the owner of a rather small and old sand boat. 
Grace pricked her ears up and quickly focused half of her attention on the conversation they were having, picking up several important pieces of information, not that she cared all too much. But Grace was always taught that any information can save your life if used properly. 

However, Grace's true purpose at the pub this time was to complete a contract she had accepted just this morning. She knew that her mark would be at this pub at some point throughout the day, so she had taken up her position first thing this morning, almost 6 hours ago now, and had yet to move from the position she was still hidden in. 
These newcomers were not about to make her break stealth, so she remained waiting, constantly surveying the pub slowly, looking for her mark. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

deathwatch
Council Member

#4 Post by deathwatch »

Tyrus had reached the town of Theridel, to think he was just going to try and disappear after so many hard fought battles, but he was finished, his days as a merc were over. Now all he wanted to do was find somewhere to settle down, somewhere no one knew him and maybe live into old age.

He suryed the numerous liners at the docks, both large and small, "A tough choice these are some good boats, but I'd rather take a smaller one." he said to himself. He quickly made his way to the notice board where he found a flyer stating that the captain was going anywhere. "I seen that boat on the way in, its old but it'll probably be cheaper."

Tyrus walked into to a dim bar next to the docks after reading the flyer, he felt vulnerable, wearing a brown shirt and some worn down jeans, his kit was in his duffle bag, he has had more than one hit placed on him in the past. He stood neart the counter and seen the captain the picture had shown, conversing with an elderly fellow, he walked over and put the heavy bag down. "So, I hear you have a boat going anywhere? he pulled up a stool "so what's your price."

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Able »

((weather there is a Sand small storm brewing north of Theridel))

Sassa turned to the two people that came up to her and smiled, "Call me Sassa or Captain Well then i didn't think i would get so many people willing to pay so soon "my prices are simple, all about the distance, pick a place or location in the dessert i will get you there, when your ready to ship out go to the boat docked on pier 5 and mark down on the map where you want to go and I'll tell you a different routes and how much each one will cost, I'll be here a while i still got a few rooms on my boat so i will be looking for more people, oh when your on my boat your part owner so feel free to buy stuff for the boat, or if you really want to you can buy me a new boat, just don't expect to take any of the stuff with you once you leave my boat" she said happily and just somewhat serious tone. She went back to her drink.

((grace stealth roll critical fail))
After being in the rafters for that long grace magic starts to run out and her focus is broken but a fly buzzing around her head and then suddenly flying up her noise.

((dom roll high success))
as Dom walks the dust storm in the distance gives a gentle breeze on his back keeping him slightly cooler than normal the coin pure you picked up is slightly heavier than normal it must have a few more coins than a normal pouch.
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Saska Skye
Master

#6 Post by Saska Skye »

Checking his coin pouch one last time, Hawk sighs in defeat. "I was hoping my eyes were just playing tricks on me, but I'm afraid their not," he said, hanging his head in defeat as he stared at the meesly 10 coins that lie in the pouch. Closing the pouch back up and sticking it back in his pocket, Hawk shook his head and stared in the direction he had been going for the past hour. "I hope that man hadn't been lieing about there being a town in this direction, or else I'll be in quite the fix," Hawk said as he began walking again, intent on finding the town that supposedly lie ahead of him, desperately in need of a hire.

After about another two hours worth of walking, Hawk was finally able to see a town in the distance, and sped up to hurry to it, eager to arrive. A couple minutes later he walked into the town of Theridel, if the welcome sign was relevant to the town that is, and took a quick look around before noticing a message board. Walking up to it, he noticed that it was like the town's job board, where people went to let people know that the needed stuff done or were offering their services. Quickly reaching into his pocket, Hawk withdrew his own flier, offering his skills as a mercenary to who ever would need them, and stuck it on the board before walking off in search of a drink.

It didn't take Hawk long before he found a bar nearby the town's dock. He quickly walked in and up to the counter, ignoring the commotion to his left in which some man was pointing a gun at someone on the ground, and attempted to get the waiter's attention. "Umm, I'd like a drink of whatever's cheapest."
Black
You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Able »

The bar tender gets Hawk a glass of cactus juice, "that's 2 gold"
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Optix
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Optix »

"Lonesome"

Grace was running towards a burning building, screaming loudly the nearer she got, "Father, please tell me you're safe! Father, please!"

She kicked in the front door of the building, still screaming the same thing over and over. She knew that her father was in the building somewhere, but in her heart she didn't want to believe it to be true. 

Grace covered her mouth with the neck of her top, preventing herself from inhaling lethal amounts of smoke or any cinders. She ran quickly towards her father's bedroom, bursting through the door and ducking as a fireball shot out of the room where her head had been a split second earlier.

As she looked around the room her worst nightmares were quickly realized. Her father's now-charred corpse lay on the floor just metres from where Grace now stood. She gasped in shock, seemingly falling a great distance.....

Grace's concentration broken by a once-buried memory, she lost her focus and her illusions dissipated. 

As she remembered where she was she quickly caught herself against the two walls, stopping her fall mere inches from the floor. 

Grace quickly dropped the last few inches to the floor silently before taking a seat at an empty table nearby. Luckily for her, nobody had noticed her falling from the roof. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

deathwatch
Council Member

#9 Post by deathwatch »

Tyrus seen the bartender serving the man who had just came in and overheard him talk about a sandstorm brewing in the north. "I heard there's a sandstorm coming so I'm going to get into something more appropriate." He picked up his bag and walked into the bathroom, the cubical would do, he thought.

He unzipped his bag and pulled the various parts of his suit out and placed them on: a matte black under layer, Kevlar plates, the steel plating, helmet and the power pack. The latter being the most valuable thing he owned, it regulated the temperature inside the suit and allowed its powered parts to work (basic artificial muscles, torch, radio.) He fitted a fusion cell into its slot, fixed it to the back of his chest plate and wired it to the other parts of his armour. Then he donned his helmet. Now wearing the suit he departed the bathroom and went back to the bar. The patrons gave him a few stares then went back to their drinks. He sat back down and placed the bag at his feet pulled out a few coins and got the bartenders attention, I'll have one of those aswell" he asked as the man was pouring cactus juice

Saska Skye
Master

#10 Post by Saska Skye »

"Thank you," Hawk replied as he took two coins out of his pratically-empty coin pouch and paid the waiter. Picking up the glass of... cactus juice was it?... Hawk lifted it to his mouth, after temporarily sliding his mask up his face just enough, taking drink of it. Grimacing, Hawk sighed. "Cactus juice... I believe that it must be an acquired taste..." Taking another quick drink, Hawk set the glass back down and readjusted his mask before taking a look around the bar. There wasn't too much going on, most of the patrons being unsurprisingly boring, but there was one hodge-podge group that was talking to a lovely female paws. Deciding to focus on their conversation considering he had nothing better to do, he quickly found out that the paws was a captain for a sandboat, and the other two were trying to bargain their way on board. This might be interesting Hawk thought to himself as he waited to see how the conversation would unfold.
Black
You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Able »

The storm moves South east the east side of town is getting lightly pounded, but its no strong enough to blind or course choking yet))

The bar tender passes Tyrus a cup of cactus juice and takes the coins.
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

deathwatch
Council Member

#12 Post by deathwatch »

Tyrus slid the now empty cup across to the bartender then he sat up, picked up his bag and walked out. He slid the visor on his helmet down letting the sand blow harmlessly across it. He then went back into his back and pulled out his longshot. People have tried to kill him in the middle of a street before, and in his line of work it payed to be cautious. with or without it Tyrus had a reputation for cutting short the careers of assassins, he slid in a mag and slung it over his shoulder, didn't bother placing the sights on it.

He decided to look at the sandboat he would be traveling in, 'I guess I should see what I'm paying for.' He thought.

He finally reached the boat, it was small and more of a blight than a boat, but that meant she was reliable( or so he hoped), he smiled, and no one would ever think of such a great merc taking something like this, in a way it was the perfect escape vehicle.

He passed by the dockworkers who were loading coal onto it, they ducked their heads at the sight of his imposing armour. The deck was covered in a layer of sand and the cloth sail was flapping around violently in the storm. He wandered into what looked like the living quarters, only a few basic beds. After looking around for a little longer he decided he would use this vessel and began making his way back to the bar to look through his map and pick out a destination.

Doom114
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Doom114 »

Dom walked through the town, glad to have made it just before the storm got too bad, and headed to the building his contractor had designated as their meeting. He passed a helmeted man who was leaving, hand kept near his knife as he drew his rifle. The man walked off as Dom headed inside, he took a moment to look around the bar and found his benefactor. A moment later he sat down in front of the man, lifting his goggles and placing the ring on the table. "Done." The man looks up at Dom for a moment before picking up and examining the ring. He pulls out a small bag and puts it on the table with a few muffled clinks "Well done." the man says simply before leaving. Dom picked up the bag and headed to the bar, setting out two coins and gesturing for a drink. (Assuming I'd get a cactus juice) He shoots back the harsh liquid and steps a few seats over to a female paw who appeared to be a sand boat captain, both from her attire and the other people who had been asking her for charter across the desert. "If you're taking on any more passengers I need a lift to Tison." He pats the bag of coin in his jacket, "I'm good for it."

(Sorry, life started catching up with me again... Schools almost back in session and such.)

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Able »

The storms moves west over the city and becomes stronger enough to blind and choking all the shop keepers and stall owners put the sand shelters on the windows and speakers say stay indoors if you can.

Sassa smiled welcome a board depending on the routes you want to take will determine the cost when your ready to leave head to the ship at docked at pair 5 she smiled.

There was a loud explosion on the east side of town and sirens go off again, "all Civilians are ordered to move to there bunkers SandStorm Bandits are attempting to Raid the city under the cover of the sand storm" There was another explosion on the edge of town.

Sassa whines "my ship is on the East docks", she pulled a cloth over her mouth and put her goggles on running out of the bar.
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

deathwatch
Council Member

#15 Post by deathwatch »

Tyrus was still close to the boat when the siren rang out "All civilians are ordered to move to their bunkers, SandStorm Bandits are attempting to Raid the city under the cover of the sand storm" Tyrus unslung his rifle attached a susat sight and replaced the rifle mag with a 7.56mm box mag, set it to full auto then began walking towards the docks tower for a better vantage point "Ha sandstorm bandits, I could slaughter them in my sleep, well lets go once again show the world why people don't [censored] with me."

On his way to the tower he passed the old man and stopped "Hey if your headin' to the boat make sure to keep behind cover, these S.O.B's can pack some serious firepower, I'll be keeping over watch on the tower, here take this radio." Tyrus gave him the second radio and began to move again when he remembered something "oh yeah, and i seen the picture; she looks like she needs you, I'm gonna make sure you see her again." with that he finally covered the distance to the tower, climbed the staircase and took up a position.

'Damn I can't see nothing, need to activate the vis, it drains power but I need it.' He turned a dial on his fore arm and the VIS came online, he seen through the sandstorm a little better, it needed some upgrades, but it was enough. Tyrus took aim and began suppressing fire at what he thought was the raiders, the roar of his gun overcame the howling winds. No doubt it could be heard across the town, this may make him more noticeable, but his armour was thick and these walls are strong.