Virtual Prison

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

Virtual Prison

#1 Post by Kisuke »

At the entrance to the 6th dungeon

Ignis stood facing the front door, her guild’s frontline fighters along with some others that wanted to tag along behind her. She turned and faced her fighting force, roughly 20 people all talking amongst themselves, and cleared her throat. “Ahem! Listen up people; this dungeon shall be the first of hopefully at least a couple more that we shall clear today. From today on, we will work on clearing multiple dungeons a day to push towards endgame and bring hope back to those stuck in the cities. Now don’t get cocky in there, if you get in trouble, you call for help, got it? I don’t want any deaths while I’m leading this charge.” Ignis turned back around and sighed. Holy Cabbage, the guild’s only remaining cleric, walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. “The people are starting to lose hope; they don’t think we’ll be able to clear the game after what happened in the fifth dungeon.”

Meanwhile, inside the 6th dungeon

Kelinth cleaved through a group of monsters with his black blade, leaving nothing but corpses and loot behind. As the monsters’ bodies fell, Kelinth looked through the items they dropped, taking the healing potions and gold and leaving everything else behind. “Just a few more rooms before the boss then I’ll be one step closer to getting home.” He sheathed his blade over his back and continued on deeper into the dungeon.

Back at the entrance

Ignis took a deep breath to steady herself then produced a key from her bag. She held the key up to the door and it vanished from her hand. A second later, the door to the dungeon slowly swung inward and granted her and her group entry. Once inside she found herself in a chamber filled with the bodies of goblins and other monsters. “What the…?”

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Virtual Prison

#2 Post by Raphael »

"Looks like I came just in time for the party." Tyreed said, passing through the group from behind (no, he wasn't part of the main group), his zweihander strapped to his back and buckled from the front. When he reached the entrance, where Ignis was staring in shock, he merely whistled quietly "Then again, it looks like we missed all the fun, doesn't it, Ignis?"

Doom114
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Doom114 »

Dominic checked his gear while the others in the group chatted idly. His tools were unchipped and near pristine, still offering many more uses. His daggers were clean and still sharper than any whetstone could offer. He adjusted the mask attached to his hooded cape and straightened out his clother and armor, making sure none of his equipment was jingling or clinking.

Shortly after the door was opened, Prof. Rougey-Rouge crept in behind the others, hugging the edge of the room and looking around for any trap triggers or anything along the walls, ceiling or floor that could be a trap. Not finding any, he gestured towards the group leader, giving an all clear for now before checking the bodies for any loot. Finding nothing he had any use for, he headed forward to scout the crawl a little farther so that the others wouldn't hit any traps or ambushes. After sneaking down a hallway cluttered with more dead monsters, he hit a room, again full of more fallen creatures. Someone's been busy. He turns back, returning to the group at a brisk pace and again signalling an all clear to the others.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Eliza (She preferred to be called Holy Cabbage or some variation on that name by others, if only to preserve what little whimsy remained from the early days) stayed at the back of the group, making sure that all of their buffs were fully stocked. Like Ignis, she was greatly surprised at the lack of living monsters, but pulled herself away after only a cursory glance, continuing to constantly scan the area. Monsters and PKers alike knew that killing the cleric was the best way to make sure the rest of the group died quickly. She activated her mask for a moment, but nothing changed.

"As far as I can tell, they're dead." Eliza said, now examining the roof. "I suppose others came before us. We may as well continue on and profit from what we can. Careful. Some may be faking."

Hidden by her mask, lips quivered into a pathetic imitation of a formerly beaming grin. She should've expected things to go wrong, but what was a little lost experience and gold compared to the 'game' they were trapped in anyway? She could always come back and make up the lost opportunity. It wasn't like they needed to obey the same laws of reality anymore. Of course, some people thought that meant they didn't have to obey the same laws of morality and basic human decency anymore. The smile faded, twisting into a dark scowl.

PKers. [censored] [censored]. So casual about acts that in the real world would've gotten them enough life sentences to last until the stars faded. Some of them had been people she knew, people she couldn't have imagined so unremorsefully killing each other for the best weapons or just because they felt like it. Eliza's knuckles whitened briefly, tightening their grip. If only she had picked a more combat-orientated class so she could have killed all of them herself like the disgusting jackals they were.

"Would you mind staying closer to us in the future, so you don't run into any traps alone?" Eliza said to the over-eager would-be explorer.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

Mary was not having a good day. When she was promised a drop that would form a rather strong weapon and all she had to do was protect a player village from some monsters. It seemed easy enough. After all, the village was in a rather low leveled area and it was unlikely that she would face any actual opposition and this would be an easy chance to score the second last piece of the weapon. Seriously, how often would a deer walk up to a hunter's truck, tie itself down, and shoot itself? So of course, she jumped on board and started making her way to the village.

Of course, her life was never this simple. She started to suspect that the quest may be a bit tougher then she had imagined when she actually got to the village. There had been a bunch of people there as well, each having been offered something that they seemed to have wanted. This set off all sorts of alarm bells in Mary's mind. Anyone desperate or rich enough to afford this many people such a large amount of items was not suffering from any 'slight' monster infestation. But she had to admit, at the time, she was expecting a slightly stronger then normal monster spawn not the situation before her.

No, the situation before her was much more annoying then that. Somehow the village had pissed of a PKer summoner. She didn't know how but all she knew was that the summoner was summoning monsters about level forty or so, that they were all nocturnal monsters, and that said summoner had used some spell or something to make the immediate area of the town be as dark as night. This meant that she was fighting in the dark, with no bodies to shield her, and against things that were at least five levels above her. It was a good thing that her armor was soaking the attacks that she wasn't deflecting or she would be a splattered stain on the ground by now.

The sound of air parting somewhere to her right side forced her instincts into action. Dropping into a crouch she felt a limb of... something, rush past her head. Before whatever the arm was connected to could pull back the offending limb Mary grabbed it, turned around so that her back was now facing the creature, and pulled it forwards with all her might. As the off balance and somewhat furry creature let out a groan it was lifted into the air momentarily by Mary's grapple before being smashed into the ground, back first with enough force to apparently break it's spine or crack the ground. Before the beast could recover, she bent the arm down and twisted it ninety degrees in a direction that it seriously should not have. A loud shattering noise rewarded her ears.

And just to make sure it was dead, she jumped on what felt like the monsters head. The sound of something squishing underneath her boots filled her ears and a grin crossed her face. At least she was getting some good EXP out of this. Still she should check if anyone was still around. As much as she enjoyed getting rewarded, she wasn't about to continue this fight if she was the only one still alive.

"Yo! To anyone still alive, sound off! Anyone who found the summoner and is currently in need of assistance, yell even louder!"

(OOC: Whoever wants to jump in, jump in. It's fine if you find the summoner and beat him to a pulp too. Just my way of getting anyone who doesn't want to go into the sixth dungeon or isn't a part of the TLF to get involved.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

THE FEAR
Traveler

#6 Post by THE FEAR »

Jei walked in with the group and looked at the body's laying all around. "Must be a tough group to have killed so many and there not be any player bodies, nothing I can't handle of course" Jei thought to himself with a smirk. Jei looks over "Hey cleric you all good?" Jei asks."Can't lose you or the groups dead, so don't just stand around."

Jei watched the rest of the group move around and do there thing. He learned early to watch the people around him so he could either help them or avoid a knife in the back by a Pker. "Whats that Rogue looking for if someone has been here and killed all the monsters then most likely theres no traps or anythimg ahead of us but more bodys" thought Jei to himself"Oh well need to focus on makeing sure everyones safe. If I dont do that then I've failed not just them but myself. I still hate myself for not saveing all those people that have died during the first few months." Jei thought to himself as he clenched his fist "Focus stop thinking and focus."

(OOC:Sorry for suck posts, new to rping and its late so not creative, give me time and please pm me some advice. I want to be a useful part of this rp. I edit post alot with what advice im given. Sorry again for inexperience.)
I ain't running! This is just a tactical retreat.

Silentdeath
Master

#7 Post by Silentdeath »

Nexus walked foward past Ignis and Tryeed as he looked at the corpses and turned it one over looking at the cut marks closely and keeping quiet right before he got up and grabbed for his Kusarigama slowly. "I can tell you this the monsters died recently and we need to keep an eye out for what ever killed them." Nexus said not sounding afraid for the one that are having doubts about getting back home.

He walked to Ignis side as he held the chain of his Kusarigama in his hand as he looks around looking for any danger. "Ignis I know this is your group but I suggest we move out." He said before walking in the direction that the corpses show the killer of the monsters went.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf

Ranalf had arrived at the dungeon ahead of everyone, or so he thought. Going through the dungeon, there weren't many mobs, but he eventually found a room with a open door. With a wide smile, he draws his blade, dark red in color and glowing slightly with red as he charged into a room with a yell, but found that the room had already been cleared. Looking around at the room, he sheathed his blade and put his hands behind his read and huffed. "Looks like someone else has already been here." he said to himself. He had left his sister with the bigger group, since she wasn't very useful unless they gave her time to get her bow to stay sideways in order to actually fire. Dashing forward again, the reddish cloak of his clothing set flowed behind him as he kept dashing forward, his hand on his blade, eventually seeing someone(Kelinth) up ahead. "Oh! Hey there!" he yelled as he caught up within a matter of seconds. "Didn't think I'd see someone in the dungeon already. Was hoping to get in ahead of the main people and clear off some rooms and maybe get some loot." he said, jogging casually next to the person.

((He arrived shortly after Kelinth and basically as been on his tail. Considering Ranalf's class is generally fast moving, not too much to say he caught up without a slower moving class. He left shortly before Ignis' group arrived.))

Tailla

Tailla sighed in disappointment. She was currently outside of the 6th dungeon, pouting. Her brother had told her to stay behind, since her class wasn't dungeon orientated. Grumbling about something she instantly forgot what she was mad about and suddenly got a request for help from one of the newer guildies about needing help. Shrugging, she returned a message that she's on her way. Walking off, she headed towards the lower leveled town. As she got near the town, she heard yelling and the sounds of battle. Deciding it'd be better to be safe then sorry, she climbed up a hill overlooking the village. It was under attack by summoned monsters and it was strangely dark here instead of daytime like it was not too far away. Drawing her obscenely large bow and a large arrow, she knocked it, aimed it at the sky in a about 78.2 degree angle and pulled back. In order to do so, she had to use a lot of her arm and released the arrow into the sky. "Arrow Storm." she said, simply to herself as she watched as there was a small flash in the air and about 15 arrows came down, hitting a few monsters, killing or injuring most of them.

Pulling smaller arrow out of her quiver, she shot it in a wide arch and hit the surviving one of a group of monsters. Peering around the town from her hilltop perch, she covered other players by sniping from the top of her hill. Eventually, she saw the PKer, summoning mobs to replace hte ones killed. Tailla pulled back her bow and fires a single arrow, it landing in front of the summoner's face and cancelling his spell's concentration. Grinning, she knocked another arrow and shot it at the summoner, it found its place in his right knee and he fell over, calling the monsters off to defend him from other players for his retreat. "Ach ja! He's down!" She yelled, grinning. Tailla began charging energy into one arrow, readying for another skill, incase any of the other players didn't finish him off.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Volgaia »

" 'Just meet us at the village', they said. 'It'll be an easy hunt,' they told me." Volgaia cursed his luck as he saw another pack of monsters approach him. "Well I'd better take care of this before going back and demanding better payment." Sword still drawn from dispatching a couple creatures already, Volgaia wasted no time in charging the approaching enemies. He slammed the first one square in the chest; The monster groaned as it fell backwards. Volgaia took the opportunity and inertia to vault himself over the thing that fell over. Thankfully the maneuver gave him the perfect positioning to slash another enemy from behind.

The second creature reeled in pain and swung an arm back at its aggressor. Volgaia barely had enough time to cushion the blow with his shield; he flew back a a couple yards or so. Yeesh, these ones hit hard. Once he got to his feet, he couldn't help but notice the scent of something burning. The enemy that hit him was on the floor, screaming in pain. Well look at that. good time for a shield proc, I guess. Volgaia's brief moment of glee was interrupted by the other three monsters coming at him. Crap! Crap! Crap! Gotta stay on the move.

Off in the distance, on the other side of the area, Volgaia heard a voice. "Yo! To anyone still alive, sound off! Anyone who found the summoner and is currently in need of assistance, yell even louder!"

Well that's my cue. I may be decent at skirmishing, but with this many beefy guys, I'm gonna need some help. Volgaia waited for one of the monsters to make an attack. Before the monster had the chance to swing down on its target, Volgaia rolled past it, slashing the monster's leg as he passed. As he got to his feet, the monster likewise fell to the ground. Volgaia didn't stop to look a the beast; he needed to get to safer positioning. He shouted as he attempted to break off of his encounter. "I'm on my way. Is it clear there?"
[Under Construction... Again]

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

The descension was quite graceful; it usually is always when it comes down to it. Its sanity sways back and forth, the attack of the mind swings as a pendulum in a pit. Side to side, twist and turn, just when you feel that you are able to reach the end of the line; slice, the leaf was now in two. John, preferred Judge, Jo, or Jo-san, placed the sword-like Naginata back into its sheathe. Waiting for his partner was quite tedious and the other two hunters were getting quite restless. The ranger spent his time shooting animals that braved their way, or had the unfortunate luck of being condemned, into his line of sight, the other a fighter, punching the tree for his own amusement, not even bothering with his weapon in his holster. Their location is far deep within the woodlands, hidden from the rest of civilization, good for finding bandits.

Two blobs bounced up and down from the mist barrier from the east. “Blue-eyed Brothers!” it shouted out, a simple code we tend to use in order to Identify each other, it changes from day to day, today’s code is ‘Blue eyed brother/s’ to of which we reply “Come hither, my hunting brother.” The blobs made out to be another warrior in harsh steal armor; his companion, a rag-robed victim trapped in iron cuffs, hands forced behind his back and he stumbles across, trying to resist every bit of it. “Judgementjo-san, you know the time.” John beheld the restricted being, “Had a bit of trouble trying to apprehend him, but after all those times in the past, he’s just a one trick pony, predictable as it comes.” John nodded his head in agreement. Bending down as he held the rugged man’s head for examination, John had a nice gooey spit upon his mask; inconsiderate, he couldn’t believe the prey just sprayed his mouth liquids in his mask, but then again, he is sentenced to die, just a last act of defiance. John swiped the slobber off of his mask, whipping the rest upon the rags the prey is wearing.

John stood up, his archer buddy quickly ran towards him with a bit of parchment. John inhaled as he was about to give a speech as if he wear announcing the crimes in the execution chambers of old. “Lowercase x, capital x, underline, Magicpwnzerslolzy, underline, capital x, lowercase x; you have been charged with the following crimes corresponding from major crimes to minor crimes: Multiple Homicide, Arson, terrorizing, escaping, resisting arrest, summoning beasties to attack towns, raiding and pillaging in a no raiding and pillaging zone, stealing, scamming, and finally public indecency, all of which happened after you last escape from custodial. Under normal circumstances, we would normally arrest you and secure you in a reformatory, but after your fifth escape, consistency in your crimes, and considered dangerous to society all around; we the brothers of the Bounty-Hunter guild, will perform immediate execution.”

The Criminal laughed, “Ha! Is this how justice is done in Nexus? Is this how justice prevails? Kill those with power? I can beast any Dungeon you put me in; you’re scared of my powers, all of you are. You’re no better than I if you kill me, no better than any other Player Killer.” The heavy armored warrior shoved a different parchment in the ne’er-do-well’s face, the parchment was a wanted poster, “Read it boy, you’re wanted dead and dead only. Maybe you should’ve atoned yourself the first time, would’ve been a much more innocent story of how you never thought someone would actually die, you psychopath.” He smiled; the criminal summoner tried to weasel his way out, but these hunters weren’t budging on bribes and trickery. “Brothers, I shall take the honor of ending his life.” John assumed position over the execution, the rest bowed in agreement. Iceheart, the signature blade of Judgementjo-san, the weapon that saved his life and his time on many occasions, will not attend to the same pleasures for the criminal. Unsheathed, john laid the sharp end on the criminal’s neck. “Magicpwnzerslolzy, for your unswerving and unforgivable crimes against the people of Nexus; I, Judgementjo-san, sentence you…to Death.” Magicpwnzer tried to resist, but it wasn’t any use; the hunters broke his arms and his legs and forced his neck upon a nearby rock. As quickly as Judgementjo-san lifted his mighty blade, he brought it down twice as fast. The body stopped moving and struggling as the head hit the floor and rolled unceasingly. Jo-san didn’t move, he didn’t want to. He didn’t want to kill him, despite the evils he has done and despite the good it would do. The archer placed his hand upon jo-san. “Don’t worry, we’re all blue-eyed and we all have earned those eyes ten times over.” Jo-san agreed, but he still didn’t like it; however he comes to the conclusion that his feelings are not what the people of Nexus needs, it’s his and his brother’s skill and honor they need. He may not be able to stop it from happening, but he will try his hardest from keeping it spread, this is a time where we need to band together and free ourselves.

---------------------------

Drew was confined to the local inn, apparently outside was filled with the baddies of the night; the problem was that it was supposed to be day. Disgruntled, he felt he was going absolutely nowhere; he despised staying in one specific spot. It wasn’t really the baddies that was keeping quarantined within the limits of the tavern, but more so that he wished to just to rest for a few days, wait for a dungeoneering group to venture more and more into the depths of freedom and, of course, loot. He’s been eyeing on a certain book that not only boosts conjuring beasties and evil hellspawns, but also unlocks more abilities in said area; at least that’s what he has heard. However, life seemed to give him misfortune as his ability to join a group seems to be hindered by said summoner who seems to enjoy causing a ruckus and now he’s here to defend these poor saps. Apparently the Summoner seemed to be a player killer, giving Drew two good hefty reasons to strangle the person, the first being that he wasted time Drew’s precious time, time that he could be grinding for loot, well at least he is getting experience points for all these monsters.

Level 40 monsters, not bad; not great, but not bad. Confine yourself at a choke point and predict their weakness, well whatever you can tell as their weakness, their nocturnal so fire and lightning seems to be a good combination against them, at least in drew's mind; and it seems like good farming, Drew's Fiery ghost seems to be aiding him as well as we zaps one, two, three more monsters with his staff; the chain lightning striking his foes as they began to sizzle. It is rather unfortunate to lose your creature, the bloody conjured being managed to get itself surrounded and beaten down, seemingly not good but Drew was about to re-new the summon creature once again.

Drew does not actually have red eyes, despite his rather suggestive attire and nature; but he wouldn’t hesitate to acquire them if someone is out for his head. Lifting his ghastly staff he began spouting some sort of incantation. “Ftha, Ftha Mntagun.” Smoke poured from the staff, unleashing a ghost monster covered in fire, a good strategy to keep these nocturnal beasts somewhat at bay, a better strategy would be to unveil the village of its darkness horrors, unlucky for him he has not acquired such power as of yet to disillusion the playing field. Drew kind of hopes the Summoner is long gone by now. He’s heard some yelling outside, but he really couldn’t make it out as much as he’d like.
(Not sure if the summoner is still alive or dead as of now)
--------------------------------------

Upon marching towards the sixth dungeon; a group of oddly dressed people held a banner up high, detailing the might, pride, and honor of the glorious monocle, top hat mustached gentlemen. “I say, my Chaps and Chappettes, are adventures in slaying the baddies and liberating the trapped citizenry, haha! With our gentleman’s might and Theodore, we shall arise victorious!” The guild leader spouted quite quickly, a blur to those who weren’t truly listening. Another one seemed too bustled out another rather fast paced comment. “Wait, old bean! Where is Theodore?” with a quick response as if they rehearsed it already. “I say, don’t fret, chap. The Gentleman Barbarian will be arriving very shortly.”
After waiting a bit patiently, a large figure trooped his way towards the sixth dungeon, where the rest of the Gentleman’s society was. “I apologize for my tardiness.” It sounded rather odd for the founder to speak rather slowly, or normally in everyone else’s case, as he gave a rather short bow. The guild leader just smiled, “Nonsense, dear friend; the party starts when you arrive of course.” He laughed while Theodore smirked and let out a calming second of a chuckle. “Hmm, I see the door is open? Used the key already?” “Actually, my good sir, the door was already opened and I do believe another party entered it. I say, let’s have a good look see, shall we?” The giant fighter simply nodded, “Aye.”

(not as long as I wished it were, but I got tired and the last two were the best I could come up with.)
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#11 Post by Kisuke »

Kelinth

As Kelinth’s blade struck down another beast, a voice reached his ears. "Oh! Hey there!" He turned to see who was approaching him as them man continued to speak. "Didn't think I'd see someone in the dungeon already. Was hoping to get in ahead of the main people and clear off some rooms and maybe get some loot." Loot hunter, great. He turned his back on the young man and charged the last mob in the room. He brought his sword up and slashed at the creature’s chest, staggering it. He then brought the blade down on its head. The monster fell forward and landed at Kelinth’s feet. “Follow me if you want and help yourself to whatever I don’t take, I’m not looking for loot.” He took the gold from the corpse then sheathed his blade on his back and continued onwards.

Ignis

“Don’t worry Holy, these are basic mobs, their AI isn’t smart enough to fake being dead.” Alicia sighed and looked around the room, then watched as the rogue returned from scouting ahead, sighing again when he signaled that it was clear. “I don’t get this, we’re supposed to be the guild clearing these out before anyone else, how is it that we’ve been beaten to a dungeon again?” She looked to her group and spoke to everyone present. “I don’t know about you guys, but I refuse to let someone beat us to the boss so I say we charge in and get there first!” Ignis grabbed her sword from her back and turned back around. She hoisted her blade in the air as the signal to charge and took off at a run into the dungeon, hell-bent on getting to the boss room before anyone else.

(tired and still working off a scrambled brain, yay)

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#12 Post by Lief »

A cloaked man exited the town, though to most he was nearly invisible. His cloak was black, and it blended well with the darkness. He wasn't here because of what was likely a bogus offer for some item he needed, and he certainly wasn't pleased about the attack. Lowering his hood, he cast a quick nightvision spell. Lots of monsters. Too few people defending from them. Surprisingly, the town guards were doing a good job of keeping the monsters out of the town. But without the outside help, they'd have been overrun long ago. With a scowl he cut off the nightvision spell, throwing his left arm up and releasing a small orb of light.

The orb of light rose slowly, growing in intensity as it rose. Eventually it stopped at the ceiling of the dome, a little brighter than your average full moon. Unfortunately not bright enough to truly bother the monsters, but it made the various combatants' jobs easier. And, with any luck, made his job easier, too. He didn't really care about saving the town or anything, he was just annoyed at the summoner.

A monster leapt at the man from his right, but was torched before it even made it halfway to him. Level 40 monsters were nothing. Now, to find that summoner...

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#13 Post by y7h65 »

Rather regrettably for Talia her efforts at helping probably made the situation worse. Though she had indeed struck down at least three monsters most of the other monsters survived the blows with the arrows doing little to nothing to hinder them. As if that was not bad enough, at least four of the arrows struck defenders of the village. While the arrows themselves failed to kill the four players, three of them were disrupted by the arrow blows. While none of the arrow blows were fatal they did distract them long enough for the monsters around them to easily finish them off which in turn reduced the registered hired village defenders to a measly four members. They had only started with ten in the first place and this development only made the situation worse.

Not even Talia's sniping of the supposed summoner did much as seconds after the 'summoner' was wounded it shimmered for a second and then detonated into a magical explosion. As soon as the clone detonated a magical dome enacted itself over the area while more and more monsters were summoned. While the dome was opaque it was clear that it was a ward meant to prevent further intervention from the outside world while sealing those within.
--Narration End--

Mary grinned as she heard a yell from one of the fellow outside exterior defenders. So she was not the only one here. However, the fact that there was only one response meant that one of the people that had been on this side of the village was gone. While she had no idea how many of the exterior and interior defenders remained the fact that her side was reduced to sixty six percent ability did not bode well for the group in general.

Still she should respond before the only other guy here thought she died. She opened her mouth to holler back only for something to slam into her back, almost throwing her off balance for a moment. While she herself was currently clear of any monsters she had to admit that it could have been fatal if she was in the middle of fighting, even with her armor. Reaching behind her she felt something stiff embedded in her shield though it seemed to have failed to completely penetrate. With a quiet grunt she pulled the object out and brought it in front of her so she could have a better look at it.

Almost instantly she wished she hadn't.

She was holding an arrow in her hands and it was clearly one of player use, not one that an archer mob would use. She cursed quietly in her mind at the implications of this arrow. It seemed that there may be an archer PKer along with the summoner. This threw the combat plans that she had set up out of order. She had deployed the ten defenders with a tank, all rounder, and an archer at each flank while four tank/DPH build warriors defended the village itself along with the village's own defenders. If there was an archer then that meant that the four interior defenders were in even more trouble then before. But with this magical night floating around it would make locating an archer impossible.

She grit her teeth at the choice she had to make. It was possible her flank was the only flank still holding while the interior was fine. Seeing as how there was only a few screams coming from the village, this meant that the village's own defenders were holding for now. If she were to take her flank and to push for the summoner then she could potentially let the village be overrun. And if the village was overrun then she may never get a chance to get that drop. Of course, if her flank was the only thing that was still holding then that meant that the village defenses were holding better then expected and that she could spare five minutes to find the summoner and knock him out which would secure the long term safety of this village and open up a chance to find this PKer archer. And she could charge extra for bringing down the archer as well.

Yes, that would be acceptable. Her mind made up she stood up once again and yelled as loud as she could.

"Heard ya! My current spot is safe for now! I got reasons to suspect we got a PKer archer though, so saddle up and get over here ASAP! We're gonna push the summoner, knock him out, and then dedicate our time to finding this archer!"

As she finished yelling her response, a orb of light shot up from the village itself. As soon as it reached the top of the dome it shone and illuminated the dome like a new moon. While it seemed to have done nothing to the monsters themselves it did make looking around a lot more easier. She spotted the other player that had responded and motioned for him to come closer. It seemed he was the All rounder that she had set here and she was glad to at least have someone who could do something in close quarters with her. She did note, with some disappointment, that the friendly archer was nowhere to be seen. Pity. She could have used some long distance support for this next part. She also failed to spot the enemy archer but this only brought up a host of other problems.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Raphael »

"Heheh, as ambitious as always~" Tyreed chased after ignis, the rest of the group following close behind. He too found it strange that the dungeons were being cleared out before the guild got to them, but he didn't question it for now. What mattered was reaching the boss at the end of the tunnel and getting that key. As he caught up with Ignis, he couldn't help but wonder "Who do you think would be going around clearing dungeons before us? It couldn't be just a single person"

Doom114
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Doom114 »

As Ignis signaled the charge, Prof. Rougey_Rouge took point ahead of the group, staying alert for any traps and ambush points ahead of where he had scouted before. They made it through a couple more rooms separated by empty hallways, aside from the dropped mobs, before entering a room behind a couple of other adventurers who were already heading further into the dungeon. Two warriors did all of that? Impressive He glanced back at Ignis and the others and signaled that there were people in the next room, then he quickly snuck into the room, quietly but quickly gaining on the pair that was ahead of him. sticking to the shadows on the edge of the room, he managed to get slightly ahead of them, allowing him to check their eye color. Seeing that they weren't red eyed, he stood and sheathed his daggers and showed his hands as empty. "Hey, you two! Hold up there for a second!" Prof. Rougey_Rouge stepped a little closer, then realized that he actually recognized one of the warriors, "Travis? Is that you?" he asks, pulling down his lower face mask.