VIP Roleplaying Board announcement

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Re: VIP Roleplaying Board announcement

#31 Post by Twippit »

Talaisan wrote:
Twippit wrote:
D3ADKi113R wrote:Also, just wondering, how long till you will get back to us on our answer?
I second this... it's been three days for me, and maybe I'm just impatient, but shouldn't I have at least heard something by now? Really, anything. Or am I alone in not hearing anything?
Brand new board, brand new rules, some kinks to work out.

Give it a little time. You're not missing out on a whole lot yet.
Okay, that I can live with. Just an update or something of some kind :grin: thanks
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#32 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Mmmmsure. This sounds interesting, i'd like to apply too...even though i'm probably a below average Rp-er compared to you crazy writers...ahaha :nora:

But hey, even if I fail i'll still (hopefully) learn how to write better!
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by Prometheus »

Not to try and rush y'all or anything, but i agree with Twippit. An (occassional) update or something of the sort for those of us still waiting would be nice if you've the time.
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#34 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

May I join?
While I currently have no way to prove this, I'm quite good at posting frequently, and I'm not too bad at describing things either.
ImageImage

Laij
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Laij »

I would also like to apply for this new section of roleplaying. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

rebelshrub
Council Member

#36 Post by rebelshrub »

I would like to participate. Ive been in roleplays before, though most end with either a Narrator who gives up or inactivity. In each one Im usually the last one that posted... I check very frequently and Im quite good at roleplaying. And hey, its good to see alot of familiar faces! How is everyone? ^^ :redhair:
Edit: I'm thinking I might do my own roleplay if I cant get a good one, Ill post something about if I do!

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by RedDwarfIV »

My previous RPing experience was on the Roblox board, which, if someone godmodded, either decended into flamewar or everyone temporarily agreeing they could all godmod until the original godmodder was godmodded into submission.

So you'll forgive me if I remain in the 'paddling pool' section until I've aclimatised better to RPing more realistically. It's not that I can't, its just that, say, in an instance where I'm RPing a space battle, on the Roblox forums I might have had any number of crippled spaceraft slam themselves into the enemy in a last ditch effort to inflict damage. Wheras on this forum, I would have damaged ships retreat for repairs before being sent back into the warzone. The problem is if I end up doing the former when I should be doing the latter.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Thegunner18
Apprentice

#38 Post by Thegunner18 »

As I've already mentioned in my intro topic, roleplaying is definitely something I'm a big fan of. That being the case, something like this was bound to get my attention at some point. Anyway, I'd really like to join this group of roleplayers for a multitude of reasons so consider this a request for an application ^_^

I've roleplayed for around 4 years which is a long time if you compare it to my age so I'm not a newbie at it :P Still huge room for me to learn, though! Which is one of the reason I'd like to join.
"To remember everything is a form of madness."
"Sometimes you have to let go and embrace what you've become."

bigro
Grand Templar

#39 Post by bigro »

So...No reply = no? S:P

Y'know, just wondering. No biggie.

edit: bluh, that sounded flippant. Sorry if I sound pedantic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#40 Post by Lief »

Apparently so. I thought people were being told if they weren't accepted...

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#41 Post by Ranalf »

bigro wrote:So...No reply = no? S:P

Y'know, just wondering. No biggie.

edit: bluh, that sounded flippant. Sorry if I sound pedantic.
Lief wrote:Apparently so. I thought people were being told if they weren't accepted...
They actually said on page 1 or 2 that if they don't say "Nope", then you are probably accepted.

Mostly reciting from memory, though, so I could be wrong.

On a related note, I'm interested. I'm very interested in the test as putting yourself in a random situation, that's pretty cool, and I'd like some more water cooler style role plays where there's not constant risk of your character being shot in the butt.

Then again, I do have a tendency of not replying days at a time cause of self-doubting on what I'm posting. Mostly that nagging voice of "am I going to get chewed out for my character doing/saying this?" to which the answer is usually "Probably."
Delicious.
Cool story.

Kaizure
Apprentice

#42 Post by Kaizure »

I'd be willing to give this a shot, if nothing more than to make sure I'm still a decent role player.
ImageImage
Choose Your Path

PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#43 Post by Chaosye »

I'm also very interested in having a chance to join this forum; I think I've improved much more in my writing ability since my 'Simple Ruler' days and I'd love to see if that's really true, and not just me being ignorant.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#44 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

I think I am ready know to join the VIP board; if you guys are still doing that. I think I can take this challenge with serious content. If you guys aren't recruiting anymore and I missed the train,oh well.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#45 Post by TheNewGirl »

I proposed an idea for a uniquely-formatted roleplaying game in the rp idea thread, and it was suggested to me that VIP members, or those interested in VIP membership, may find this idea particularly intriguing.

Players will submit character sheets devoid of names, descriptions, and gender if they can manage it. They will create a personality only, and I shall shuffle the characters among the players. So player A creates character 1, and player C creates character 4, but player A ends up playing 4, while C plays as 1. Make sense? You begin the game with amnesia, so your character sheet will contain nothin butthe immediately obvious. As you interact you will discover "yourself" and adjust the sheet accordingly. It's a way for people to branch out and write as a character they may not have ever chosen to play before. It will be a challenge.

You can view the OOC here: http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16588

I apologize for advertising on this board- I simply wanted to give everyone the chance to know about this experimental format.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."