Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Helena\

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Hel

#31 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
Leon grabbed the chip. "Hey wonder what I'm gonna be." Jamming the chip into his GCPS mounted on his left wrist, and took the appearance of a black butler. "Kuso. This is just great." Turning to the others, he gave a thumbs up to signify the fact he was ready.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#32 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan blinked at the team "Guys, you realize that the chip allows you to be anyone, right? You're not stuck as those." To demonstrate, he flickered through a French servant, an Austrian sailor, and a Chinese slave. (Short post is short.)
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by IT'S A LION! »

The hologram slowly dissolved to reveal a very irate Dutch redhead. She walked forward until she was eye-to-eye (or eye-to-helmet-optical-input) with Vance. Although Vance was tall, Joan was the same height. The heat crackling in her gaze was almost visible.

"What. Did. I. TELL you. About my name?"

Ignoring the others' smirks, she zeroed in on Vance. "Come on, guys! You think it's easy being the only girl in your class--nay, your country--named 'Napoleon'?"

Joan knew she could maybe take Vance in hand-to-hand (probably) but that wouldn't prove anything. He was the best sniper in TSquad and her commander, and she respected him. So she laughed it off. After all, what's a name?

"You're one of the few men with big enough zaadballen to make fun of the only woman in TSquad packing a handheld rail gun; you know that, Vance?" She reactivated her disguise. "Just don't slip up and call me by my first name once we're there, or I'll chase you down and futz with your hologram until you're a Londontown whore." She winked, to let Vance know her threats were empty ones.

"Nice [censored], cutie," she muttered to Wraith, pinching the "British" maid's simulated tush before stepping back into formation.
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#34 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
As soon as Gilan demonstrated that he could switch between forms, Leon let out a sigh of relief. "That's excellent! I wonder what other forms are on this chip." Leon found the switch function and shuffled through the forms. First he got a Maid disguise, then a Yamato Nadeshiko, then a gangster, then a mobster, a greaser, and finally a French butler. "You know what? I think I'm sticking to this form. Uh, last thing I need is to be crossdressing."

(OOC: Heheheh. I'll be sure to stick Leon in each of those disguises at least once throughout the entire RP.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

bigro
Grand Templar

#35 Post by bigro »

Sen came back with a box full of goodies; several french pastries, exoctic fruits that would seemeassly biodegrade into the island and his two dissarming grenades. "got my box of fun, whats all this about chips? Sen said as he inserted a chip into his GCPS and took the form of...."and just why is my chip defaulted to mankini?" Sen said as he went through several other forms before stopping at some ver peasantesque clothing and said "this'll do and seriously, who defaulted it to mankini?" Sen chuckled a chucklesome chuckle.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#36 Post by Skirmish »

Vance just laughed more as Joan walked off after yelling at him. 
Cerberus chimed in yet again on Vance's thoughts, {That wasn't called for Vance. That was rude. Go apologize.}
Vance sighed and replied to Cerberus, {It was a joke Cerberus. Cool it and I'm not apologizing.}
Vance then shouted out to Joan as she walked off, "Hey Napoleon, at least I've got the balls to have a male name."

Wraith rather disliked the butt pinching and quickly went about changing her hologram to that of a tall Asian-esque soldier. It'd provide her with a great reason not to speak, but if she had to she took the precaution of changing the voice simulator to Asian. 

Vance turned to Sen just in time to see his original hologram, and then went on to answer his question about why THAT was his original hologram, "The chips actually take forms based on what you're thinking and wanting to project, so obviously it would be due to you thinking about wanting to wear a mankini."

bigro
Grand Templar

#37 Post by bigro »

curses coco beach sen muttered almost silently under his breath ever since I had gotten pranked into watching that movie iv'e been unable to remove the mental scar from my memory Sen said quite defensively. Almost a little too defensively. Sooo....who wants a croissant? Sen said changing the subject as well as pulling a little pastry out of his box of goodies.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#38 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan shook his head passionately. "I don't want to hand Joan more ammunition, I've already got Chocolatehead and, 'Hey, Yoo!(OOC-Yoo is pronounced You, Gilan's got a lot of teasing over that). If I tried to eat a croissant, it would probably end up in me being called Breadhead or something." He scratched his head now. "You know, I've never seen the comedic value in teasing Joan about her first name. I mean, sure, its a guy's name, but I hardly see the point. Napoleon conquered more land than Hiter, and he was feared as the Anti-Christ. It's more like praise, if you think about it. In any case, I'm glad I don't have to use that voice simulator, someone like me who grew up speaking in British accents can easily pick out the flaws inherent." He adjusted his 'rifle' and asked, "How is extraction going to be handled?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#39 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan watched in interest as Gilan went to bat for her. She reached into Sen's box of goodies and selected the finest, most succulent treat inside: an enormous, gooey Bismarck. It was her favourite. She was about to chomp down on it and send a streamer of creme filling into Gilan's ear, but her conscience got the better of her and she offered it to him instead.

"Here ya go, Chocola--Gilan. Just for that, I'll slip you some of those new shells I've been working on," she added in a conspiratorial whisper.

(OOC: Amoeba, you and I can work out via PM later what these "new shells" are and clear it with Skirmish once we reach a consensus.)

Vaguely dissappointed at no longer getting to tease Wraith, Joan put Jughead in his usual position of honour across her shoulders.

"Typical extraction I bet. Knife the terries, stick transponders up their anussen and signal Control for up anchor." She sighed wistfully. |Quinn always used to say..." Abruptly she zipped her lips.
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

Skirmish
New Citizen

#40 Post by Skirmish »

Vance nodded once Joan stated that it'd most likely be typical extraction. It was the easiest to manage and it wasn't exactly hard {It'll stick out too much if a small group of people of different nationalities and social classes meet up and then suddenly disappear. You're going to have to do something different. Organize a time to have the mission completed by and then have everybody get somewhere alone exactly 5 minutes after mission completion. Your suits are all linked so when you time jump they'll come with you as well. Just don't be seen together unless you're of the same class.}
Vance nodded to himself, {Good thinking Cerberus.}
He then addressed the team with the new plan, "Change of extraction plan from normal. Once we arrive we'll scope everything out and arrange a time for Napoleon to be dead by, at which point everybody will have 5 minutes to get somewhere alone for us to make our unseen exit."

Skirmish
New Citizen

#41 Post by Skirmish »

((And now the jump back to May 1, 1821))

Vance gathered the team in the centre of the room. They'd talk again once they reached the shore of St Helena, right before they split up into groups to complete their mission. 
Vance opened up his arm control pad and pressed the green button to begin the time skip. 
The control pad beeped five times before the team vanished from the room, no puff of smoke, no noises, just the team disappearing into thin air. 
Almost instantaneously the team appeared about a mile off the coast of St Helena and promptly dropped the 10 feet straight down into the water. 
Luckily the suits were waterproof so the team wouldn't feel the temperature of the water. 

Vance and Wraith quickly swam ashore, climbing out of the water into the densest area of trees and shrubs they could find, activating their respective holograms before sitting down and awaiting the arrival of the others shortly. 

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#42 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan dropped into the water. Jeez, that never ceases to catch me off guard. I still remember that one time we teleported into Vesuvius minutes before eruption. He immediately struck out for shore, swimming a different path than that of the group, not wanting to encounter anyone and having to face awkward questions as to why such an odd group was walking around on the beach, but much of the island was cliff-faces, forcing Gilan swim quite a distance away from Wraith and Vance. He reached the shore, and trotted into the shubbery. "Right, then, He whispered, Joan, mind getting me a few of those shells? Send me the specs through your comm, less noise." He activated his hologram again, and the grizzled veteran replaced his own features and suit. He waved at Joan, still swimming. "Vance, I'll be in touch through my comm." He reported.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan always imagined she could feel the cold water closing over her head. Every water landing reminded her of her and Quinn's honeymoon in Newfoundland. Either that or Sea World.

Trying to find a suitable spot to make landfall, she let her suit do the swimming for a while. Eventually she spotted a place. Her forehead tightened when she saw Gilan was already scouting the area, having landed just before her. Ugh, why do I have to be stuck with him?

Sighing, she stepped onto dry land and triggered her disguise, that of a young British soldier. She stole softly up to him and whispered, "I have the shells right here, sir," hoping to make him jump.

"Now I only had time to modify two shells for that bloody cannon of yours, so make them count."

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#44 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan had his back to the shore, scouting about when he heard the voice of a young British soldier whisper in his ear. He turned swiftly, about to try and bluster his way out of something he was unsure how to bluff, when he realized it was Joan, seeing her under the hologram faintly. Gilan's eye twitched. I hate when she does that. Affecting an air of nonchalant behavior, he said, "Good Lord, that voice simulator is terrible at creating, what, is that a Yorkshire accent?" He took the shells happily enough, however. "Right, I'll make them count. Many thanks. I see from the specs I should be able to affect the same range as I do with regular rounds, excellent. I'm going to have to lay low until I can figure out the rhythms of the guard, are you going to stick with me, or move out on your own?" He asked.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#45 Post by IT'S A LION! »

"I have no qualms about accompanying Yoo," Joan snickered. "What's suspicious about a young, nameless, nondescript soldier out for a walkabout with his commanding officer?"
She cocked her head. "Although the nameless thing might prove awkward. What was the name of that role you had in that animated movie? The farce set during the War of 1812. Ripley, wasn't it? I am now Colin Ripley."

Joan grinned. "Or we could always pretend we were out for some hanky-panky. Homosexuality was rampant in the British Army. Or was that the Navy? Anyways."

She pointed at a steep slope about a mile northwest of their position. "See that slope? we could set up camp there. It afford an excellent view of Longwood House, where Napoleon should be right now. Stupid history," she added. "If I could I'd run down there right now and garrotte him."