Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Helena\

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Skirmish
New Citizen

Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Helena\

#1 Post by Skirmish »

((I'll be taking suggestions for the first mission in the OOC. Feel free to make a suggestion and I'll consider it.))

Independance City, UPC (Formerly Washington DC, USA)

Time Squad HQ

Council Of Seven Chamber
The Council sat at their hemispherical table, debating amongst themselves, while a slightly annoyed Vance waited for their decision. Normally it wouldn't take the Council this long to decide up the next mission for Time Squad. Something big had to be going down if the Council hadn't decided upon a mission before summoning Vance to their chamber. 
Still, he stood as a soldier should, straight backed and at attention. He stood this way for the next hour, unmoving and silent, until the Council stopped debating and turned to face him. 
The head of the Council, Chancellor Vos, spoke on behalf of the council, "Commander Johnson, we have decided upon your team's next mission. All the details are provided on this datapad. Take it and be on your way."
Vance approached Chancellor Vos and took the datapad, bowing before turning and leaving the chamber. 
Once he was outside he went about reading the details provided on the datapad. 
Standard mission. Let's get it over with. I'll assemble the others.

One hour later

Time Squad Barracks
Vance walked into the team barracks, most of the team already assembled on the various chairs and couches, "We have a new mission. Let's talk it through before we go. We've got a bit to try and work out before we leave."
Vance then took a seat on his desk chair, leaning back and waiting for the questions to start.

Wraith walked in to the barracks a bit late as always. She caught the tail end of Vance's sentence before taking a seat on her usual recliner. She'd just sit there, not really speaking unless she felt it necessary. 
To amuse herself she drew her throwing knives, 7 to be exact, and began juggling them all at once.  

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Time Squad IC |Mission 1|

#2 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Sipping at his iced white mocha cappuccino, Gilan lounged on a soft armchair, watching Wraith toss her knives in the air next to his seat. He said cheerily, "My god, girl, you're going to poke your sodding eye out with those things!" using his posh accent. Gilan often used his voice acting abilities to annoy others when bored. "Here, let me help you." He leaned over and expertly began grabbing Wraith's knives out of the air as she tossed them, pulling four of them away and letting them fall next to his chair. Addressing Vance, he said, "Just one, standard mission, yeah? Is it a assassination or a counter-assassination?
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#3 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
Leon was tilting his chair and had put his helmet on the table in front of it and was using it as a foot rest. He sighed with sorrow at the new announcement. "Wha.... Already? And here I was hoping for a drink before we left." Kicking his helmet off the table, Leon let his chair fall down and grabbed the helmet in one hand before slapping it onto his head. "So, where are we headed? I'd always wanted to witness Stalingrad. Or maybe meet Simo Häyhä." Shrugging, he turned to the others in the team. "In any case, how are you guys today?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#4 Post by Skirmish »

Wraith glance over at Gilan, less than impressed with his actions, and began juggling the three remaining knives in one hand while collecting the other knives and placing them back in their places on her belts.
She then spoke all of two words to Gilan, with such venom laced through them that it should be more than enough, "Never again."

Vance just chuckled at Gilan and Wraith, "I'd recommend against that in future Gilan. You'll lose a body part if you annoy her too much. And as for the details, it's preservation of the time line. We need to go back and ensure that history stays as it originally happened. A group of terrorists has gone back to prevent a certain person's death and we need to ensure that said person still dies. So technically you could say it is an assassination."
He then turned to Leon, "Sorry Leon, you're out of luck this time. Maybe we'll take a vacation to Stalingrad after this mission. Instead we get to go make sure the terrorists don't help Napoleon avoid death and gain power."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
Leon sighed and palmed his helmet at Gabriel's comment. "Just don't bring your gun. They used ball and black powder in Napoleon's time. Which was carried in paper, poured down the barrel, and then had a iron ball jammed down there too. They didn't have cases. Your gun can't shoot black powder ammo without damaging or junking the barrel. Coupled with the fact that your MG's caliber is 7.62MM and has rifling within the barrel, there is no way for you to take your gun without causing a rift within the time stream unless you bring a case bag. So I suggest we bring knives, Commando raid, and knife these terrorists in the throat. Or put shell catchers on our guns. "
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan dropped the doughnut she was noisily chewing on and made a face.
Like I'm always telling you, Gabriel: shotguns are just better. No 19th Century pikhoofd is going to pick through the mess left by a 32-round magazine of 10-gauge shells and examine what metal the shot is made of. I like the way you think, schatje, she said, winking at Leon and playfully patting his helmet, but no damned way am I going anywhere without Archie and Jughead.
She settled back into the plush chair and shoved another pineapple fritter in her face.
This is going to be a piece of cake. I've always wanted to kill my namesake.
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#7 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
Leon shrugged nonchalantly at Joan's comment. "Hey, it ain't the metal I'm worried about. I'm worried about the shells and bullet cases. I'm also worried that the bullets will be discovered when we fail to pick them up." As Joan patted his helmet and made a comment about Archie and Jughead, Leon unsealed his helmet and put it next to him before turning to Vance. "Well, when do we leave?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#8 Post by Skirmish »

Vance spoke up loud enough for everyone to hear, just in case they were still holding their own conversations, "Bring your weapons. If you fire a round pick up the casing, but only fire if necessary. Remember that black powder weapons won't damage our suits in the slightest so we shouldn't need to fire off rounds, except at the terrorists who we bring back with us if we catch or kill any of them. We leave as soon as we work out one key detail."
He then spun and pulled up a map of the world as it was in Napoleon's time, including a close-up map of the area surrounding Napoleon's known location of death. 
"Ok, so we know where we're going and when we need to be there by. All we need to decide is when we actually want to get there. What are your thoughts guys n gals?"

Wraith continued juggling knives absent-mindedly, quickly contemplating their options before speaking up, "Stakeout. Week before."

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Hel

#9 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan shook her head.
Greater chance of tipping off the terrorists that way. I suggest we cut it tight. One day before. Hit them hard and fast. We know they'll be somewhere close to Napoleon if they plan to save his life. He's dying, it isn't like he will be moving around. And when we find them...
Drawing Veronica from behind her chair, she flipped a long john into the air with the tip and sliced it in half, wincing slightly when it landed, chocolate side down, in Gilan's hair.
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#10 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan just smiled at Wraith. This time dropping into his normal tones, he said to Vance, "We've sparred before, I don't think I would go down so easily." He lounged back in his chair, and began to take another sip of his drink. A chocolate eclair fell on his head. Surprised into a Scottish brogue, he shouted, "BY THE HAIRS OF DEWRNACH'S HAIRY-oh." He poked a finger into the sudden warmth on his head. Examining the brown substance, he said, "Tell me that's chocolate."

Attempting to retain some dignity, Gilan shook his head, ignoring the eclair, and said, "I'm not so sure, Joan. It's never been conclusively proven if Napoleon died of poison from natural causes or poison in his food. He could still be hale and hearty. In any case, we should expect plenty of resistance from them, this was a pivotal point in history. Jazail rifles might work, or maybe just my shotgun, it might fool people into thinking we used a cannon if I use it outside. Indoors, knives should be just fine." As he finished speaking, the eclair fell from his head. He grabbed it out of the air and placed it on a nearby dish. Gilan stood up and began walking towards his room, still holding his drink. "I'm going to get ready." He called. "And to wash my hair."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#11 Post by y7h65 »

Leon's POV
Leon chuckled as the Long John landed in Gilan's hair before coughing and continuing the subject. "Well, you do that Gilan. Also, I agree with Joan. We hit em hard, we hit em fast, clean up the mess, and RTB." Standing up, Leon stretched a bit, picked up his helmet, and began to walk out of the room. "I'm gonna go and put some shell catchers on my guns, give me a buzz when we're leaving."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Smiling apologetically at Gilan, Joan nonetheless picked up the long john and consumed it. "I swear, that flikker is in love with his bloody shotgun."
She pointed her finger at Leon and clicked her tongue before turning her attention on Wraith.
"What say, Wraith? You wanna hit the gym? Or maybe tonight we find out what's under Vance's helmet?"

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#13 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan popped his head out of his room. "Hey, mein Fräulein, this flikker heard that! You would be in love with your shotgun, too, if it was capable of cutting fifteen men to bloody shreds in one round!" He looked at Wraith. "No hard feelings, right? You're not going to cut my throat or my hair in my sleep, right?" (OOC-Eh, sorry for the short post, but I felt that Gilan wouldn't leave something like that untouched.)

Skirmish
New Citizen

#14 Post by Skirmish »

Vance allowed the others to speak their minds before answering them all, and pointing out flaws in both ideas presented about when they should arrive, "I see problems with both of these ideas guys. We need to work out which one's problems are more manageable. First off, if we drop in too early we run the risk of tipping off the terrorists, but we can ensure that Napoleon stays on St Helena and do our best to ensure everything occurs according to history. If we drop in at the last minute we have the element of surprise and storm the place, running the risk of altering history with our actions alone, let alone the fact that it gives the terrorists the opportunity to move Napoleon before the day of his death, screwing us over majorly and resulting in a game of hide and seek. Personally I don't like the premise of this mission at all but we have no choice so I'd put it forward that we need to find a middle-ground between the two."

Wraith found the idea of socializing with the others rather demeaning, just as she always had. She stood and quickly made her way to her room to prepare the blades of her weapons, speaking over her shoulder as she went, "Call me when we're leaving."
She then looked at Gilan, giving him the answer he was wanting as it would just be a waste of her time to hurt or kill him, "No."

bigro
Grand Templar

#15 Post by bigro »

Sen who had been sitting in the corner the whole time heard this and said "i vote we go in just a day before his...uh...date and pick off any terrorists that get in our way. By the time he's...uh...due, we will have the whole thing under control and kill him." He sipped the mug of saki he was holding "that middle ground enough?" He said with a slight smile.