Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Helena\

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Time Squad IC /Mission 1 - Napoleon & The Isle Of St Hel

#16 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Sticking her tongue out at Gilan, Joan replied, "Go polish your shotgun, chocolate-head."
After narrowing her eyes at Wraith's typical rudeness, she turned back to the group at large, absent-mindedly twirling Veronica in wide arcs beside her chair.
"How's this for a compromise: D-minus four days. One day for reconnaisance, one for setup, one for action, and a spare. How's that strike everybody's fancy?"
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

Skirmish
New Citizen

#17 Post by Skirmish »

((OOC - we'll be making the jump in approximately 30 hours from now. Work has me really busy atm))

Vance nodded when Joan made the suggestion for 4 days early. He quickly keyed in the date before making the announcement to get ready, "Ok, four days early it is. Everybody suit up, we leave in ten minutes."

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#18 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan, his hair dripping with water and shampoo, popped his head outside his room once more. (OOC-READ THIS. IT CONTAINS INFO IMPORTANT TO OUR MISSION.) "Gabe, the Isle of St. Helena was highly isolated on purpose, but we're going to face a surprising number of people, excluding the terrorists. There is a British family that lives there, stewards of a sort. Napoleon, when he arrived, was supposed to live in a home called Longwood; however, it was unfinished when he arrived and he had to stay at the estate of Briars. Napoleon became friendly with them, especially the daughter-Lucia Elizabeth. The father Balcombe was sent away after they suspected he was a traitor to GB. We're going to face, what, about 20 guards near Longwood itself, and perhaps 200 more, scattered throughout the island. The island is 47 square miles, so gunfire WILL be heard by the other guards in quite a wide area, which is why I'm bringing my knives. Furthermore," Gilan continued,

"Napoleon had a small group of followers with him, who were sworn to be banished with him. They are going to be fanatically loyal fighters, so take that threat seriously. Hudson Lowe is the custodian. He's a veteran of the wars, and should also be taken seriously in a CQC. Do NOT kill him, he was crucial in later historical events." Gilan now raised a hand for emphasis. "There were also commissionaires from Austria, Britain, Russia, and France. These men were also seasoned veterans, and they are surprisingly good shots with a rifle. We may even face the threat of cannon if we screw up and attract too much attention, so we need to keep a low profile. Lastly, we're going to encounter the British surgeon, Barry Edward O'Meara. He was sympathetic to Napoleon, so take care NOT to kill him, as he later wrote a book on his plight. I suggest we wear the clothing of a commissionaire, personally, while only knocking out the others as much as possible. We don't want to kill anyone except Napoleon and the terrorists."

Gilan ducked back in his room and returned to washing his hair.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Wanting to get in her workout, but loathe to leave the discussion, Joan rolled onto the floor, slid on her back underneath the heavy steel table and began bench pressing it.
"Aren't our suits watertight? I agree with Chocolatehead about the disguises, but we ought to transport in under the cover of darkness. If we land in the water we can find a quiet spot and crawl up on shore before we set up camp. Nobody will be expecting amphibious warfare in the 19th Century."
Grunting rhythmically, she balanced the table on her legs and began lifting it that way.
"Gilan and Leon, you're going to come in especially handy. There were hundreds of indentured Chinese servants on Saint Helena in 1815. That might give us another angle from which to get at that little schijtlul Napoleon."
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Could fifteen minutes with Geico save you fifteen percent or more on your car insurance? Can a psychotic former Black Ops agent turned dragon-man with a .50 cal machine gun babysit Kevin McAllister from Home Alone?

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#20 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Now chocolate-free, Gilan sprang out of his room, only wearing Deadpool boxers, carrying his suit and equipment. "I didn't know about those guys, great idea! It doesn't matter whether it's 200 years from now or 300 years in the past, white people will never be able to tell the difference between us Asian folk, even if I'm only half-Asian! All I have to do is spruce up the old Chinese, and we should be good to go! Good thinking, Amazon!" He said enthusiastically. "Leon, my friend, you up for this?" Not waiting for a response, he strode up to Joan and clapped her on the shoulder, becoming more serious this time. "Don't forget, we want to leave as small a footprint as possible. Remember what happened last time, when you got sloppy?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan flipped upright, catapulting the table across the room. Not caring what it hit, she strode over to Gilan, red hair flouncing.
"Godverdomme!! You always bring that up! It was one little mistake."
Flipping Veronica into the air with one swift movement, she grasped the hilt in mid-spin, stopping the blade millimeters from Gilan's groin.
"Unlike you, I can't get anyone pregnant."

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#22 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan sighed. "Joan, enough. I could fight you, but that would leave us both dead, or at least critically injured, and you know it. You know me well enough to know that threats like that don't scare me, or my lance of manhood." He grabbed the hilt, preventing her from moving it any closer. Moving his face closer to hers, he whispered, "One little mistake? Are you [censored] kidding me? You know damned well what consequences little things like that can do. Our job is to keep the timeline stable, not to screw it up even more. That's it, nothing less. So don't go crazy on me for what you've done."

Lowering his voice even more, he breathed, "Unlike you, I know seven different ways to break your wrist so badly that you would never be able to use it at the same level of mobility again. But I won't. You know why? Because I care about our team. Outbursts like this don't solve a single thing. So next time, when you get angry over your own guilt, don't lash out at others."

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan's smile never wavered.
"Stop breathing on me, moederneuker. You're ruining my complexion."
She jerked Veronica out of Gilan's grasp and quietly sheathed it.
"You should know by now I was only playing around. If I really wanted your lance of manhood, I'd have it stuffed and mounted over my bunk by now." She winked at him. "And unlike you, I know at least five ways to make sure you would never be able to use it at the same level of mobility again."
Her expression grew more serious; her grip on Veronica tightened. Her voice dropped to a whisper.
"Don't ever doubt that I care about our team. Napoleon must die; I will inject the arsenic into his jugular myself if need be." Her hand moved to her neckline, pulling it slightly downwards to expose the Fulfilment Project tattoo above her heart: a stylized representation of da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. "You've never seen me past +1.0001%, G. I know how to do my job."
With that, she slung the sword's carry strap around her neck and headed off in the direction of the gym.
{OOC: Well that was loads of fun but we better stop before the others get annoyed. |D }

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#24 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

(OOC-Very well, one last jab. If you knew Gilan's past, specifically one extremely blacked-out part, which nobody, not even his superiors know, you would know why he doesn't fear threats to the groin anymore...and why he can't have kids. Hint-not a operation.) Gilan gritted his teeth and said to Joan's retreating back, "You don't get it, and you probably never will. I know about Quinn, and what you tried to do after he died. I know you know how to fight, how you can kill ten men without breaking a sweat. I've seen the Project's dossier on you, and the drawbacks. What I DON'T know is if you're stable enough to not lose it like you did when he died. I know you've had it tough, but that's not an excuse to blow up like that." He turned to face the team and passed a hand over his face. Gilan opened his mouth to say something to the group, but shrugged and turned away from Joan and began walking back to his room, still only in his Deadpool boxers.

bigro
Grand Templar

#25 Post by bigro »

Sen just sat trying not to laugh at the arguement. When Gilan had his last shot he jokingly said to him "Trouble in paradise Brother?" then chuckled a little and left to kit up.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#26 Post by Skirmish »

Vance sat back while the whole verbal exchange between Gilan and Joan took place.
As he stood to say something, Cerberus' renoundly bad timing kicked in, a thought being transmitted from Cerberus straight to Vance's brain, {Time for our regular maintenance Vance. You don't want to be late AGAIN do you? You remember that they said if you were late for a tenth time in a row they'd rip you a new you-know-what}
Vance spun and quickly walked out of the room to head to maintenance, yelling over his shoulder as he broke into a sprint, "Be back in five. Wraith's in charge while I'm gone."

Skirmish
New Citizen

#27 Post by Skirmish »

((Time jump preparation))

Vance re-entered the barracks, having completed his scheduled maintenance on time for once. 
He carried with him a small box, inside of which were a set of microchips. He walked to the centre of the room and stood in the open area, placing the box next to him before opening up the control pad on his left arm. He quickly punched in the exact date and time that they were traveling to, as well the location that they wanted to appear at. 
He then called the team together to address them, "Ok, don't worry about the disguises. We've got better ones." 
He then points to the box of microchips, "These chips just get inserted into your arm control pads. They give you all the ability to project a hologram over yourselves in whatever outfit you choose, as well as hiding our armor from view. Fully water-proof holograms."
Vance then threw one to each of the team before installing his own. 
Within seconds he appeared to be a young soldier commonly found on the Isle of St Helena. 
He then turned to his team again, "Ok, since Napoleon's death is recorded as May 5, 1821, we're going back to May 1, 1821. It'll be the middle of the night and we're landing about a mile off the coast of St Helena. Then we're going to sneak onto the island, activate our holograms and begin the mission. Simple enough?"

IT'S A LION!
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by IT'S A LION! »

Joan finished her last-minute checks of Archie and Veronica's charge levels, and accepted the microchip. "This had better not turn me into a French maid or something..." Moments later, she stood in front of the group as a dashing male redcoat. "Hey Vance, how's my package look? Ja? Ja?" Shrugging, she tilted her holographic hat to a rakish angle and set her jaw.

"I am so ready. Let's go [censored] up some terrorists."

Remembering their earlier conversation, she turned her defiant gaze on Gilan, daring him to say something to her.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#29 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Gilan uploaded the microchip into his Personal Omni-Tool. He focused on the tool for a second, and then reappeared as a grizzled British Commissionaire in his late 40s. Dropping his voice into a lower octave, roughening his voice into that of a gruff uneducated soldier, he asked, "Right, then, I did a bit of research on the people who guarded Napoleon, and I'm going to assume the role of Charles Jones, a mid-ranked Commissionaire in charge of testing Napoleon's food and guarding him in general. Since he died of arsenic poisoning, how do you want to administer it? Injection, food, or mist?" He adjusted his helmet slightly and noticed Joan glaring at him defiantly. He shrugged at her nonchalantly and continued, "Thats great that I can keep on all my equipment, we'll be able to keep in touch much easier. Oh, and everyone, for God's sake, DON'T kill anyone, unless you're about to be killed yourself. DON'T get into sticky situations," his warning sounding a bit odd in a lower-class British accent.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#30 Post by Skirmish »

Vance laughed at Joan's comment. He found it funny that she'd choose to appear as a male, "You do know you can choose your appearance Joan? A maid would serve our purposes wonderfully. You'd be able to infiltrate the estate and administer the Arabic to Napoleon's food. Then again, looking like a male suits you better. Especially with your given name being what it is."
As soon as he said it, Vance knew he was going to hear it now, not that he minded as he'd actually said it deliberately to aggravate her.

Wraith walked out and grabbed her chip, inserting it and setting her disguise to that of a maid. She then giggled and altered her suit's voice translator to have more of a British accent than her natural voice. Better to fit in with a fake British accent than with a Russian accent.