Guardian Squad Episode 1 |Roleplay Thread|

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

Guardian Squad Episode 1 |Roleplay Thread|

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

-------------------------
TRANSMISSION INCOMING...
PRIORITY ALPHA DISTRESS FREQUENCY
ORIGIN: OBLIVION V FEDERATION RESEARCH OUTPOST 113
DATA RECEIVED
DECRYPTING DATA...
PROCESSING...
2%
15%
36%
55%
68%
74%
87%
DECRYPTION COMPLETE
-----------------------
UPLOADING DATA
AUDIO FILE DETECTED
-----------------------
REPLAY INITIATED
-----------------------
Static for the first few seconds
A frantic female voice comes out of the static.
"This is outpost 113 to capitol command."
Gunfire can be heard in the background
"We are under attack by...by something. Send immediate support."
More gunfire and the yells of injured men wash into the background
"These things...they've eaten everyone else...they're like ants..only nine feet tall"
The high pitched scream of shearing metal drowns the woman out for a few seconds
"They're coming through the walls!"
A chittering sound is heard somewhere behind the woman's voice.
"Dear god! Send hel-"
The woman's voice is cut off as she screams.
The sounds of bone snapping and the low slow munching of something eating comes right after.
Then the transmission cuts off as the sound of a console being smashed resounds through the briefing room.

----------------------
REPLAY COMPLETE

Not long after that you were given your orders by Bishop; your commander.
Go to outpost 113, find out what happened and recover whatever research data you can, and kill any hostiles you encounter.
You and your six person squad are on all aboard the dropship headed down to the planets surface, in twenty minutes your mission will begin.
Your only aid is your AI, and a map of the facility. 15 levels up and 18 down.

A massive compound for a outer rim research outpost, but your not here to ask questions.
Your suits are all running final hardware and software checks.
All of you even have the brand knew V. 3.01 AI's installed in your suits.

Take the time now to get to know them, they'll be with you for a while.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Guardian Squad Episode 1 |Roleplay Thread|

#2 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

By steel and flesh, look at that facility! This is just like the Arbolis Incident that ended up in a planet-wide nuking that reduced the surface to radioactive glass...I hope that last part isn't true for us, at any rate. Moric thought. Well, my suit looks good, final diagnostics complete, cooling systems look fine, filtration systems are good, and AI is online. They wouldn't have called our squad out here unless it was serious. I wonder what 9-foot ants that can smash through neosteel are like, though. Ahh, my weapons should be fine. If not, then it's a bit too late to change that anyway, so- A voice inside his head finished his sentence-"-Stop worrying and shut up."

Moric raised an eyebrow inside his suit. Well, hello there, Marshal, yeah? "Yes, I'm Marshall, A.I. model 3.01, combat type." A short silence went by. "I've been looking through your memories, Moric, and I'm a bit confused. Why are you so different to others versus how you're talking to me?" Moric sighed silently. It doesn't help the team if they think I'm this pragmatic about everything, all it would do in these situations is make them panic, even if they have no need to. For example, wondering out loud if our guns could hurt something that breaks through neosteel like paper is going to make everyone start to worry about their own survival. Better that they go in confident yet wary. If, on the other hand, I KNEW that our weapons were useless, then I would tell them so, as to save lives that would have been lost needlessly. "Hmm. I think we'll be fine, just keep focused and we'll be fine." Yeah. Hey Marshal, look over the map and relay information to me as needed during the- "mission, yes, I'm already on that." Right.

Moric waved at the rest of his squad. "Hey guys, ready to squash some bugs Starship Troopers style?" He said buoyantly.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Samdragon07
Master

#3 Post by Samdragon07 »

In Kyle's room
Hello, Kyle My name is James. and i am your suit's AI
Ooook. said Kyle without emotion. There was a long silence. What are you here for again?
I'm here to help you on your new mission. My specialty is seeing the dangers of actions that my pilot, (you) takes. I was put with you since you are the one with the automactic turrents, and grenades. Also they thought that I can stop you from that shotgun confetti prank.
Ooook. Kyle said again with the same emotion as before.
Is that all you say Kyle
No. He said.
So why are you not in the intel room?
I already know what's going on from the report so i don't need to stay in there any longer then needed. Plus I would have need to sleep if i stayed in there any longer. Want to play a game or something.
What game? said James.
Street fighter 35 ultra mega verson Since I have to get to know you i need to see how good you are.

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#4 Post by kitsune-sama »

Ever since the mission had been given to the squad she belonged in, Sari had been trying to prepare herself. For the most part she had been successful in mentally preparing herself for the mission at hand, but there had been one minor hitch.

The voice inside her head, otherwise known as the AI of her suit. Sure, it was supposed to be giving her helpful information, such as map data, what kind of condition she was in, and it was her AI's job to keep the suit running and her alive. So far, Sari had been given no reason to doubt her ability, but that wasn't her concern.

"Come on, Sari, didn't you ever squash insects just for fun? I'll be just like reliving your childhood!"

That was her concern. She could trust that she was going to be kept alive for as long as her suit could hold out, she could trust in her teammates to save her if the need arose. But her AI... how could she bounce ideas off what may as well have been a ten-year old tomboy? Funny... I don't seem to remember insects back when I was a kid to be capable of biting my head off. And no sooner did she say it would she regret it. Biting her head off - did she really need to visualize how that would feel or appear?

"You really need to be less tense. You can't predict the future after all - the people of Outpost 113 had been ill-equipped to handle something like this. Sure, there was an armory, but it only had weaponry to handle a human invasion." her AI - Aria, she had introduced herself as - assured her. "Don't worry. We'll stand a much better fighting chance. At least we kind of know what we're up against."

It was just too bad that didn't make things any easier or less scary on them. Hearing one of the other squad members speak, she looked up at him. "Are you?" she asked, her voice even.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#5 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Moric's helmet retracted, revealing his face as he grinned. "Of course! Come on, cheer up! A bright day, adventure, a couple of your friends, and plenty of things to fight! What more could anyone ask, except perhaps for a coffee?" "Moric, hush." Marshal's voice emanated from inside the suit. "Yes, we are ready. I will take great pleasure in smashing whatever we find down there, as well." Moric grimaced. "That's my AI, Marshal. Hey AI, what's your name?" Addressing Sari's AI. Moric's helmet re-emerged to cover his face once more. He pulled out his halberd, currently in its shortened baton-like form and began polishing it absentmindedly. "I wouldn't worry too much about why that outpost went down, could have been anything from a terrorist cell using ant-mechs to the atmosphere having hallucinogenic properties. Those scientists couldn't fight off a mean breakfast, we'll be fine."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Sarah was going over her last suit checks and listening in to the other squad members when her ever active AI chimed inside the suit.
"So? Can I interface when we gen down there? Please?" Pandora wined.
Sara sighed as she held the mission details on a small data pad "Only if you stay good, and no roaming into other people's suits. I don't want to get either of us yelled at by Marshal again."
Pandora give a little whimpering "I said I was sorry, he got his voice back didn't he? I don't know why he's still mad."
Sarah shook her head a bit, then speaking to the only other female in the squad said "Sari, when we get down there I'll need your help with the computer systems"
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#7 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Marshal's voice echoed in Moric's head. "Although I don't care for idle banter, I feel it best that you know the AI you will be working with. Sarah's AI is called Pandora. Pandora is a annoying little twit that enjoys hacking into things she should not. I do not like her. Kyle's AI is called James. That AI might as well be a midwife, what with the whining he does-but he is capable of analyzing threats nonetheless. Mathias's AI is Prometheus. He is the repository AI of our group. If we need knowledge on something, we should consult him. Jacob's AI is called Loki. He is an irritating AI, but capable enough of analyzing scenarios. The AI's name you seek from Sari is called Aria. She is quite annoying with her overly positive attitude, sort of like yours. I believe her abilities include boosting combat fitness, but I am unsure as of yet. My abilities include boosting your own reflexes, running the suit in case of emergencies, resisting hacking attempts, and directing the squad as needed. I am also capable of hacking into various computers to find data, but that is not my specialty, that is Pandora's, which is about the only thing she is good for."

Moric smiled inside his suit."Had a bad experience with Pandora?" "Pandora is far too nosy for her own good. She attempted to hack into my systems to 'Fix my grumpy and bossy settings'. My voice was disabled for two days." Marshal snapped. "In any case, you seem like a capable enough human. That halberd of yours is quite interesting. I approve of your physical fitness, as well." "Likewise."

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#8 Post by kitsune-sama »

Sari closed her eyes. "If it is hallucinogens, you can rest assured that it wasn't a part of the atmosphere. Moreover, for the atmosphere to be any sort of issue, both the atmosphere control center and its failsafe would have to be taken out. Nevertheless, whatever the issue is, if the recording was any indication then we will most certainly have one hell of a fight on our hands." she replied, bringing her right hand over her lap and running it up and down the arm cannon of hers. "And if the scientists there were incapable of fighting, then we still have no idea just what we're up against, so I'd say until we know more, we can only assume we'll be walking into an evenly-matched fight."

Another voice broke the silence, and Sari turned her head to look at whom she had identified as the other female of the group. Before she could respond, or even nod her head, Aria's voice came out of the suit. "Sure thing, ma'am! We'll be right behind you!"

Sari closed her eyes again. Could her suit AI possibly contrast her own personality any more? Thinking for a moment, she then decided that such a question was better off unanswered.

Jazzthren
Apprentice

#9 Post by Jazzthren »

Mathias stood facing the window, making last-minute checks on his suit.
Pulse rifle safety catch on, stabilisers functional, spectrum filters online, A.I. software onli- His thoughts were suddenly cut off as an unfamiliar voice appeared from seemingly nowhere.
Hello, Mathias. I'm Prometheus, your new A.I. unit.
"Hello, 'Prometheus'." Mathias said indifferently, "now if you don't mind, I need to finish running these system checks." he didn't like the idea of having an A.I unit, preferring to rely on himself and his teammates instead.
Your suit's running fine, trust me. The voice replied casually.
"I'm still doing them."
You worry too much.
Mathias let out a long sigh. He'd had his A.I online for less than a minute, and already he didn't like it. "So, other than distract me, what exactly do you do?"
I have access to a vast database of knowledge, which I'm sure will come in handy. I'm also able to control the suit, should you need me to.
"Knowledge database, huh? Got any information on what we're up against here?" Mathias asked, raising an eyebrow. Maybe this A.I thing wasn't a bad idea after all.
Nope. That's what you're here to find out about, remember? Prometheus replied in his casual tone.
Then again, maybe it was.

"You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly."

DragonLordVagyr
Citizen

#10 Post by DragonLordVagyr »

Jacob took a quick look around his room, he tapped his helmet " You in there buddy? " said Jacob excitedly, he always enjoyed the company of an AI.
" Of course not, can you see the exit sign in this suit anywhere? could really do with a shower " Loki returned his reply in a sarcastic tone
" AI take showers? but i just took one a few minutes ago! " his voice sounding surprised, Jacob picked up his rifle and took his favorite ammo, Incendiary, " I wonder if these are fire ants? Which should i take? Cryo or incendiary? " he said jokingly. he picked up a couple of both before hearing the AI's reply
" Maybe you could ask 'em when we get there? Im sure they will be very co-operative " Jacob laughed in unison with the AI.
" Do you understand insectoid? Maybe we should ask that Prometheus guy, But i reckon i can probably communicate with this " he suggested, pointing to his large music player , Haven't really gotten to know those other AI's yet Jacob thought, " I'm sure he'd love to talk after losing his voice, Unless he was made mute " replied Loki in his always sarcastic manner again. Jacob quickly did a routine checkup on his suit before walking out dragging his music player.
ImageImageImage
The First casualty of war, Is the truth

-Original Avatar Pic- http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7020/40076085.png (by GeneralZoi)

Samdragon07
Master

#11 Post by Samdragon07 »

Your combat seems good. Kyle said.
Where would you do now Kyle. James said
Now we need to practice in real life. Kyle went and put on his suit and was going to the gun range inside the ship.
Kyle remember if you are near any material I might be able to change it into a grenade, I can auto target hostiles any where in our visable range, and I can help other people with that deployable turrent you have.
Blah Blah Blah, I know. Just target any hostiles in my way. When kyle walked out of his room, he saw another person in there suit. Not knowing who he or she was he just stopped and said Hi.

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Sarah laughed a little in her suit, the new AI's had far more personality than the V. 2.00

The whole dropship shook a bit as it hit the lower atmosphere of the planet.
A crisp voice came over the PA system, "We'll be hitting the surface in then minutes, be ready for deployment."

Sarah put her data pad away, and started toward the launch bay. They would make their way from the landing pad on the south side of the compound all the way to the north end data center, about a mile in total distance.

Sara spoke up to Sari and Kyle, "Okay come on, lets get set, meet you two in the launch bay."
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

DragonLordVagyr
Citizen

#13 Post by DragonLordVagyr »

Jacob began moving out near the exit ramp " I guess its time to go into bug country " he continued down the corridor as the PA system announced that they'd be ready to land soon, still carrying the music player while listening to ' Highway to Hell ' as it echoed through the empty corridor. " I guess everyone got jumpy and legged it "he smirked, " Maybe size does matter " replied Loki, trying to cause fear into Jacob. He stopped in front of the door to the launch bay. I guess this is it then he thought, " I got your back, but I think they'll make enough noise walking or communicating " Loki reassured Jacob as he began to open the door. " I guess its time to chew bubble gum and kick [censored]... " he opened the door as the song began to finish the last echoes resounded through the maze of corridors.
ImageImageImage
The First casualty of war, Is the truth

-Original Avatar Pic- http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7020/40076085.png (by GeneralZoi)

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Moric got up silently and began walking towards the landing bay. Marshall's voice sounded from Moric's suit as they walked. "Moric and I will exit the dropship first to ensure the LZ is safe. Pandora, I promise you, if you attempt to hack into my systems to 'check' on me during a firefight, I will imprison you behind a Omega-level firewall for the next five decades." Moric grimaced. "Sorry, Sarah. I didn't expect this little spat. Marshal, keep your metaphorical head on and stay focused." "You're telling me to stay focused? Oh, the irony." "Bah, let's just get this over with." "Indeed." Moric pulled out his halberd and swung it around, letting it disengage into combat form, in its full 6 ft. glory, carbon-alloy gleaming. "Let's slice some ants...god, I need a better catchphrase." "Just focus, Moric."

Samdragon07
Master

#15 Post by Samdragon07 »

Got to go Kyle said to the other person. He started to head towords the direction of the launch bay. Can't belive I got side tracked..

Hey, it way your own fault Kyle. said James

I dont care about that anymore. The past is the past. Now it's time for the real fun.

Kyle and James continued to the launch bay.