Anthro Super-Soldier (take 3)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Anthro Super-Soldier (take 3)

#1 Post by tony1695 »

General Hideki got up from behind his desk and sighed. He hated this. He didn't care how old they looked, they were still children. Sending them to kill people, even enemy forces, seemed wrong. But he had no choice. He picked up the list and walked out of his office, double-checking it as he did.
The Anthros listed had all yet to see action, and he knew that the first mission was always the hardest, never physically. He handed the list to one of his assistants and told him, "Make sure they are gathered in the mess hall at 1100. I'll be there to give them their mission myself."

Justin was busy doing bench presses when he heard a voice over the intercom.

Justin Stone, Kale Eisenguard, Danny Melrose, Tasso Light, Jeff Gerard, Nicholas Draynor, Sira Olteris, report to the mess hall immediately. Repeat, Justin Stone, Kale Eisenguard, Danny Melrose, Tasso Light, Jeff Gerard, Nicholas Draynor, Sira Olteris, report to the mess hall immediately.

He finished up and got a towel. He grinned as he put on a singlet and headed for the mess hall. A mission, something he'd been waiting for.

((So, be wherever you want to be right now. Your room, firing range, doesn't really matter.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Anthro Super-Soldier (take 3)

#2 Post by Ironworks »

Kale hadn't left his quarters since waking, and had no reason to since. Laying on his back on top the messed up sheets of his mattress, he continually threw a rubber ball against the wall, catching it squarely in his palm as it returned. He had lost count after about four thousand. Letting out a deep sigh, he stared at the ceiling for a brief moment, his floppy ears sprawled out next to his head, before continuing again.
1100 hours hit, and the PA system came on. Ignoring most of the message, Kale merely continued his 'entertaining' game, as the announcement merely let on like a drone. However, his ears quickly twitched, as he heard a "Kale Eisenguard" being addressed. It was the first time he missed the catch, as the ball bounced past his hand, coming to a gradual stop against the hard flooring. Groaning, Kale slowly sat up on his bed. "Well at least I won't have to kill myself out of boredom." He muttered, before throwing his feet over the side of the bed. He made his way listlessly towards the door, stopping aside the only chair in his room. Grabbing the white tee shirt balled up on the seat, he pulled it over his fur covered body, made his way towards the door, grabbing his beanie off the nearby chair before exiting. "Well, this aughta be fun..."

As he made his way into the mess hall, Kale looked around the unimpressive room, still empty. "Great, first one here." He muttered under his breath, as he made his way past the door, not paying attention to see if it closed behind him or not. Approaching the first nearby seat, Kale sat himself down on it, without any attempt to slow his descent. Having plopped himself into the chair, Kale reclined into a more comfortable position, and pulled his beanie over this eyes. "Wonder how long this will take." He said, as he closed his eyes, without any intent on catching any sleep.

bigro
Grand Templar

#3 Post by bigro »

Danny was swimming in the lake inside the far edge of the facility, it was against the rules but she didn't really care. Over the intercom in the distance she heard her name bieng called. oh tit balls she said pleasantly as she started getting dressed again and walking back towards the mess hall. She was definately going to be late. Wonder what punishment the big old boss man's got lined up for this time She said almost sarcastically to herself. The intercom message repeated itself and scared the hell out of Danny who was unluckily for her right next to a speaker. She fell in a great big mud puddle out of shock. Definately the last thing she wanted to do outside the firing range. AWW [censored]! Now who's freaking brilliant plan was it to put an intercom speaker so close to a puddle of mud she said loudly enough for the people in the next building over to hear.

((fix-a-fied))

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Jay-Say »

Nicholas

Nicholas was in the firing range practicing with his crossbow when he heard the crackle of the speaker off in the distance. After hearing his name, he let out a large sigh as he pulled out a bolt from a target he had been shooting. "Great, another meeting..."
As he walked towards the mess hall, he heard someone yell out in anger. He turned to see Danny covered in mud by the speaker. "Umm... Need any help?" softly spoke Nicholas.

((Fixed))

bigro
Grand Templar

#5 Post by bigro »

"Umm... Need any help?" softly spoke Nicholas. "Nah, i reckon i'll be right. Although the big boss man may not like it" Danny said nicely "So, you know anything about this meeting?" Danny said while she washed off most of the mud with a ((conveniently located)) hose. no looking ya perv She said jokingly.

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Jay-Say »

Nicholas

He quickly looked away fron Danny. "I haven't a... a clue." Nicholas's hands slightly shook from the nervousness of talking to someone. He turned his head to see if she had finished. "How'd you get..." His nerves stoped him mid-sentence. Damn it, TALK!

BlueRogue
Merchant
Location: Standing on the border between the worlds of the Light and the Dark

#7 Post by BlueRogue »

Jeff was sitting in his room sharpening his knives when the PA system came on calling him to the mess hall. He sighed as he drew the blade he was working on one last time across the whetstone. Before he got up he test edge of the knife by cutting through a sheet of paper. He nodded when it cut cleanly without snagging. As he got up he slid the knife back into it's sheath and grabbed his beret. As he headed out he door of his room he set it on his head and shifted it until his ears poked through the holes he had cut in it.

As he entered the mess hall he looked around and saw that he was the second to arrive as a rabbit was already there. He appeared to be sleeping, which was for the best because Jeff was always nervous about dealing with other people. He quietly moved to a chair away from the rabbit he sat down and settled in to wait. "I wonder what they want us all here for, another training regiment maybe, or possibly a mission" he thought to himself as he looked over at the rabbit who's name escaped him, not that he had ever gone out of his way to learn it in the first place. "Well whatever it is I guess I'm going to have to work with the other six people they named, so I guess I should start getting to know them." He got up from his seat away from the rabbit and moved to just one seat away. Quickly working up the courage he spoke up with a slight quiver in his voice "Umm, excuse me, I'm sorry to wake you, but I'm Jeff and I guess I'll be working with you from here on."
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Ironworks »

"Whuzzat?" Kale mumbled rhetorically, as he lazily brought a hand up to the material of the beanie, still covering his eyes. He lifted the hat over one eye to scan the room, finding another Anthro near his side, wearing fatigues. "Ah, someone else is finally here." Kale stated, before shifting into a somewhat less reclined position. Finally having pulled the beanie up so that both eyes were exposed, he rested an elbow on the back of the chair, turned towards the newcomer. It was a black furred canine Anthro, and from what he could tell sitting down a bit taller than himself, but that was about all Kale could tell. He didn't know what kind of canine it was, didn't truly care either, but he figured he should at least be polite. "Jeff, huh?" He asked, scratching the back of his head nonchalantly. "The name's Kale. And we will?" Kale shot a rather curious look at the Fox. "Pff, I don't even know why I'm here. What're they callin' us in here for anyways?" Kale pulled the beanie off as he brought his hand back down, exposing his hair mussed up from wearing it. Putting a hand inside from the bottom, he began twirling it absent mindedly on an extended finger to his side. "And wut kinda freak they make you? Wolf? Lapdog?" He chuckled lightheartedly. "Rabbit here, in case ya couldn't tell." He added, as he brought his head slightly forward, waving one of his ears a bit with his free hand.

bigro
Grand Templar

#9 Post by bigro »

Danny finished up washing away the mud ((mostly)) and she heard Nicholas trying to work up his nerves. Awww...aren't you just cutest thing she said in that voice you use when dealing with puppies. c'mon nicky, you can tell me on the way. We're already late. she said as she grabbed nick and started walking.

BlueRogue
Merchant

#10 Post by BlueRogue »

The rabbit whom he now knew as Kale sat up and removed the beanie from his head "It's nice to meet you Kale. And, umm, I was guessing we would be working together really. I mean they called a group of seven people into a room together, why would do that if not to form us into a team?" As Jeff talked to the rabbit the quiver in his voice slowly became more pronounced until he had to pause and mentally settle himself down. During the pause he absentmindedly moved his left hand to a small rock hanging around his neck and began to rub it between his thumb and two forefingers. "And to the the truth I have no real idea what they have planned for us. But it can be either some kind of intensive training as a group or a mission." He sat back in his chair and his left hand dropped back to his side when he looked down and noticed what it was doing. "Yes I did notice you are a rabbit splice. As for what they used on me it would be a fox," Jeff's voice hardened slightly "though I don't consider myself a "freak" as you so eloquently put it."
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Ironworks »

Kale chuckled, shaking his head at the Fox's comment. "Oh come on now, man. Ya don't gotta lie to yourself." He began, As he stopped twirling the beanie next to him. "Look at us, you think this is normal? We're frickin' furred freaks, with tails to boot." Kale said through a half assed laugh. "Though I guess you're right. We ain't freaks." Kale stated, as he brought the beanie back over in front of himself, grabbing the edges in his fingertips. He swiftly pulled the sides over his head once more, his ears now looking as though they fell out of a patch of sprouting hair from the beanie. "We're just a couple of teenagers. The fur part must just be puberty or something." Though he never thought lightly of the subject, Kale did his best to do so. He never really agreed with the whole thing, but there was nothing he could do about it as far as he figured, so he left it at that.

"A mission though? That's something else." Kale said, as this point caught his attention. "Some more training I could see, but come on. I've seen half the other 'kids' out here, they ain't ready to go on their first mission." He merely shrugged his shoulders, and reclined back into his seat, hands resting on his chest. "Eh, oh well. Maybe they are sending us on our first mission. 'S what we're built for, anyways."

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#12 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Tasso leaned back on the uncomfortable wooden chair, re-reading one of the few books he had access too in the camp, his ears twitched as he heard the crackling that indicated the speakers activation, he ignored it and continued reading until he heard his own name called along with the others, when the transmission ended he sighed listlessly and rubbed his eyes lazily with one hand, then arose from his chair and checked himself in the mirror of his quarters, satisfied that his appearance was acceptable, he headed out the door.

He traveled at a relaxed pace to the designated meeting area, as he approached the open door he overheard snippets of conversation and decided to interject A "freak" is defined as an abnormal phenomenon, so we are all freaks in actuality, however that is not necessarily negative of course. Tasso said as he walked through the door (making sure to close it after him) up to the two men conversing who were possibly to become his future teammates Anyway my name is Tasso, pleasure to meet you two. said Tasso pleasantly, a lazy smile on his face.

(OOC: yup, hes still a nerd, in fact he may have gotten nerdier :P)
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BlueRogue
Merchant

#13 Post by BlueRogue »

Jeff looked up as a new person, a raccoon by the looks of his markings, entered the room and gave the actual definition of the word "freak" and then introduced himself as Tasso. He nodded at the definition "I guess by the literal definition of the word we all are indeed freaks. I was speaking more in a philosophical sense though, I'm not a freak because I don't think of myself as one. I mean I'll admit I'm different, hell I'll even say I'm extremely different from a normal human but in the end you are what you think of yourself." He rocked back and forth in his chair slightly as he talked, all the while surprised that he was being so forceful about his beliefs, it wasn't like him. But that wasn't important right now "Anyways it is nice to meet you Tasso" Jeff turned back to Kale "And yes we may be "kids" mentally right now, I mean I'm just 15, but we have the physical bodies of people in their early twenties. I think that some of the people higher up in the command chain may only care about how old we look, not how old we actually are."

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Jay-Say »

Nicholas

Nicholas blushed really hard when Danny grabbed him, but he followed behind. "I was..."
His nerves were getting worse. He took a small gulp as he tried to collect himself. "I was going to ask how you got mud on you." His blush grew larger as he finished his sentence.

bigro
Grand Templar

#15 Post by bigro »

Oh that? I got startled by that brilliantly located speaker and slipped Danny said sarcastically. Tell you what, if I ever catch the prick that designed this place i'm gonna kill him she said flatly with just a hint of venom in her voice.
She noticed just how much Nick was blushing and said in the same babyish voice as before aww Nick, if i'm making you that uncomfortable i can go up ahead of you and give you some peace. Would you like that?

((aaaand the arkward teenyness skyrockets))