Arcane |Roleplay Thread|

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

Arcane |Roleplay Thread|

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Innos'cere is a temperate nation, most of the time. Today however was the fourth straight day of rain. Most people were out of the rain and the cobblestone streets were empty say for the rare sight of an unlucky citizen running between coverings.

You are one of the nations many Arcane. More arcane choose to live in Innos'cere than anywhere else due to their relatively friendly attitude to 'your kind'
Right now you are enjoying some nice drinks at the local Arcane's Tavern & inn in the city of Tharras'cere. One that sits on the north west territory of the country.

Marrik was a bit new to the city but that didn't stop him from exploring around town. Only when the rain had become unbearable he had stepped in to the Arcane's tavern.
Spotting Aurelia right off he slowly made his way over to the booth in the back where she was sitting alone. Sliding into the seat right across from her he gave the girl a slow smile, "Now that's not right, a fair thing like you sitting alone."
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Arcane |Roleplay Thread|

#2 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

With plenty of gold in his purse, Vorae had been walking aimlessly around Tharras'cere, munching on a kebab while looking for something to do. Although not one to mind the rain, it did tend to make others run around and panic a bit, so he decided to head over to the local Arcane Tavern, perhaps he could find some audiences for his flute. (OOC Note-Vorae is ridiculously good at playing the flute.)

Sitting in the Arcane Tavern, he listened to the two musicians playing the harp and lute in a corner with a slight frown. Getting up from his corner seat, he walked up to the duo during a intermission and said, "Hey, nice rendition of Leaves in the Wind, but I noticed that you had the harp take over for the flute part. Mind if I help you with that part? I'm pretty good myself." The lute player stuck out his hand. "Name's Thrask, show me what you've got." Vorae pulled out his flute and the lute player's eyes widened. "That's made by Berth Panmal! By the gods, you'd better live up to that level of craftsmanship!"

Vorae smiled and began to play. But he did not play using his hands; the flute floated in front of him and wind blew out of the flute, manipulated by Vorae. Alternately stopping the air and moving it, he produced notes impossible with mundane means. Slowly picking up speed, he started playing An Ode to Lilies, one of his favorite pieces. The nearby patrons began to turn around and gape at Vorae's talent. Silence spread around the tavern, until only a few conversations and the sound of his flute were heard.

He finished with the last haunting note, and the crowd roared for an encore. Vorae smiled at the two other musicians. "So, am I in?" Thrask grinned and said, "Aye, let's play Jenny by the Hillside next!"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

The window was covered in water outside, seeing drips and water droplets formed as they landed from their long journey. On the inside, the window was getting colder and colder as frost seemed to form up; the droplets soon attached themselves in a more permanent state as they formed into a solid known as ice. Nikole dazed outside, hatting the weather, she didn’t even notice that she was frosting up the window until it was nearly all white. She snapped out of it, the frost disappeared, and the outside reminded her those days like the last 4 days suck. She hated the rain, though cooling, it seems to only be melted snow and it is far more depressing than anything else, at least snow lays a beautiful blanket of snow. She had enough and she was getting hungry. So she decided to head downstairs from her room she rented.

She saw others in the taverns, a man hitting on a girl, another playing the flute…rather well actually, she didn’t introduce herself. She went to the barkeeper. “I would like to have my normal meal.” In a cold yet small tone,The keeper understood as she ordered the same thing over and over again during the evening. She then remained silent.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Vorae had been playing for a hour without pause before he had to take a break. He wiped his brow and smiled at the crowd. "Give me a moment, ladies and gentlemen, I need to recover." The crowd took this well, breaking off into their separate conversations. Shaking Thrask's hand, he walked over to the only open seat left in the tavern, right next to an attractive young woman with a snowflake tattoo. He sat down with a sigh; even though he could play the flute well enough with his hands, he preferred to use the Arcane, unfortunately, that also took a lot more effort.

Vorae waved for an ale. As he sat next to Nikole, he noticed something. Why is it so chilly here all of a sudden? I do like the cold, but this is rather sudden. Looking over at her, he saw the droplets of water on the bar counter nearest to her frosted over, her hand slightly clenched, and her expression cold. Ah. He tapped her on the shoulder politely and smiled at her. "Miss, are you alright? Did my music not suit your tastes? Is there a genre you would prefer I play?"
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

Aurelia rolled her eyes. She had been fending off men's advances all day, and although it had been fun to begin with, by now it was tiring and irritating.

You don't want to waste your time with me. See this? She raised her hand and showed the man her mother's ring. My fiancé gave me this. And he gets jealous.

Who cared that she was lying? She had no intention of being taken anywhere, especially in this weather. She just wanted to drink in peace.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#6 Post by Phantom »

Markus Stood outside the tavern tired and wet. It seemed cheap enough for him, and he had needed to get out of the rain. Ever since his break from the prison he had not many coins on him, relaying instead on the lack of certain people's attention to obtain some food and coins. Markus entered, brushing some of the rain off his coat. Standing in the doorway, he examins the tavern and its customers. A couple of musicians were playing in one part of the tavern, one of them a flute player, who caught his eye, as the flute was floating as it played. Markus picks a dark spot in one of the corners of the tavern and settles down. As a barmaid comes round, he orders a pint of ale, and a small meal, paying with the last of his gold coins. He then takes out his book, focusing on some of the pages. Markus does not pay attention to the others, but can feel a chill coming from one of the characters. Ill have to becareful around here he thinks to himself, secretly observing the other tavern occupants. He had learned from his first few days of travel never to let his guard down.

((Edit: minor corrections made ))

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Nikole was doing it again, freezing the table. It didn’t stop until she felt a man touch her shoulder, then the frost retracted into her, once again, warming the place up once again. She then looked upon the one who did so, the man with the flute. Nikole gazed into his eyes with hers, those eyes that look like they are made from sapphire. She gave it a few seconds before answering the question. “Your music is fine sir; I rather have one play instrumental then what music is becoming.” She just continued to stare, that cold stare, never blinking. Though she still emitted a cool temperature, it became increasingly warmer. “I apologize; I usually don’t speak with those that are foreign to me.” The temperature she emitted dropped again, back into its cold state.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#8 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Nirvana's Blessing greatly lessened the chill, so while the other patrons around Nikole began to edge away, Vorae stayed in place, enjoying the slight cold. By the Gods, this woman must be a powerful Evocationist to raise and lower the temperature like this, I don't think she even consciously controls it half the time.

Vorae had quite a few questions to ask this intriguing young woman, but he felt that such an action would only serve to make her even more frigid. He smiled at her once more, his warm grey eyes not backing down from their frozen sapphire counterparts. "No, no, I should be the one apologizing for my intrusion on you, you looked quite deep in thought. I personally find that there are many talented singers out there yet, myself not among them." He said cheerfully. "I think I'll stop bothering you now and get back to entertaining these folk. It was, to be honest, interesting meeting you. My name's Vorae Skysinger, perhaps we will meet again sometime." Vorae put six gold coins on the counter-the bartender raised an eyebrow: his ale was worth only 2, and musicians were usually on the house anyway. He motioned that it should be used to pay for her meal. "May Nirvana watch over you, Miss. I'm not giving you charity by paying for your meal, but take it as a wish of your good fortune."

He got up, mildly disappointed that she didn't want to talk; she seemed like someone with many interesting things to say. He stepped back on the podium, and took up his flute again. Nodding to the other two musicians, he began to play Days Long Ago, and the crowd fell silent once more, the only sounds coming from them the sounds of coins landing in the donation box.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#9 Post by Phantom »

After finishing his meal, and having drunk his ale, Markus looks around the tavern. The fluetist has gone back to performing, and the other musiacians have joined in. The lady he has talked to does not seem intrested in him, or in talking. With his mind back on his task, Markus scans the tavern, eyeing a bag of coins at one of the tables nearer to the musicians. One of the problems he often faced, was that he did not have any money or funding, and thus he often had to steal his food's and supplies. The bags owner was drunkly looking at the musicans playing, so was the rest of the tavern, as the flutist held them in a trans. At the right moment, Markus packs up his book and grabs his staff. He then quietly gets up and casually walks by the table, grabbing the bag, and quickly creating a duplicate illusion. His eye lights up a little, but the rest of the tavern does not notice. Grinning, he whispers to himself, "too easy" he mummbles, as he makes his way to the exit of the tavern, conceiling the bag in his coat.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#10 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

A raggedly-dressed man getting up to leave in the middle of Vorae's performance was unusual enough for him to glance at Markus as he left. He watched Markus stalk across the room with mild interest, playing his flute all the while. It's not that he hates my music, since he sat through about a hour of it before leaving. A ragged man like him is unlikely to have a urgent place to go... Markus walked past a drunken merchant with a over-full coin purse. As Vorae watched, still playing, the purse suddenly flickered and became fainter in appearance. Ah, an illusionist. Strange that he would put so little effort into that, Nirvana's Blessing saw right through that without any trouble. (OOC-Phantom and I agreed that Vorae would catch Markus stealing.)

Suddenly, Vorae stopped playing.

He gently floated his flute down on a nearby table, and with a swift motion, using his evocation, picked up an apple with wind and threw it at Markus's head. The apple shattered on the would-be thief's head, and Markus staggered briefly. "Now now, no stealing!" Vorae shouted cheerily. Before the crowd could react by lynching the man, Vorae ran over to the stunned man and grabbed him by the shoulders. Ah well, we Arcane must stick together.

To stem a mob attack, Vorae yelled, "Oh my! My dear friend, I'm sorry, it's just been so long since I've seen you! My apologies for the rough attack! Here, let me get you a room as an apology." As he spoke, he drew the moneybag and tossed it to the corpulent merchant, who had been sputtering angrily the whole while. The crowd, entirely confused at this point, began to break up, muttering. They were angry at the robber, but were unsure how to react, given that their favorite musician of the night was his supporter. Vorae winked at Nikole before turning away.

After flying half the proceeds of the night above his head, Vorae force-walked Markus upstairs, throwing a couple gold coins at the hostess at the same time. He kicked open a door and threw Markus on the bed. Vorae locked the door, and folded his arms. "Right then, mind telling me why you tried to steal from that man?" He asked, voice now serious.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

‘Skysinger, eh? Well I guess I… No, duty comes first. Getting back to Genth is First! Interests are either secondary or irrelevant.’ But she couldn’t help but to look at him preform every so often, watching as he performs impossible notes with his flute. She crossed her legs and decided to just enjoy her meal. Maybe if she ignores him she will continue her life and continue to ponder about her home. ‘Wow my life is pretty dull, but I still need to be focused.’ Suddenly the music stopped and Skysinger ran to a mysterious man, who apparently walked away, ‘Does Skysinger not like those who hate his music? Sounds pretty demanding’ then Skysinger grab a bag of money which came from the enigmatic character, then remarked him as Skysinger’s friend. In the end before going to the rooms, Skysinger winked at her, she kept a straight cold face, but there was an extremely subtlety amount of color of red that produced onto her face. She watched as Skysinger force’s his friend up the stairs. She decided to eat as fast as she could and step away from the table, thanking the Tender for the meal in her cold subtle tone. She decided to walk upstairs to see what was going on, but her boots were unable to make things elusive to sound.

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Marrik laughed at Aurelia's deflection, "You are a cute one, I've actually come here just to meet you."

The man reached into his cloak and pulled out a small leather bound book, and reading off of it named her "You are Aurelia Sabboth, hail from Alchemene, and have great skill at summoning."

Marrik paid attention to both the lovely woman in front of him and the bit of disturbance, but he would get to that later.

"I am here, because I need your help."
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Phantom »

Everything had happened very quickly. Markus was taken offguard by the musicians call. He had felt something hard hit him on the head. The mob were quick to raise in anger, and were ready to send him to the block, but the musician was quicker to react. He said something outloud, which Markus cant remember, as he was stunned from the hard knock. The crowded then dispersed again, returning to their seat, a look of confusion on some of their faces. The Musician then forced Markus up into a room and threw him on a bed. "Right then, mind telling me why you tried to steal from that man?" He asked, voice now serious.

Markus sits up, rubbing the back of his head where the apple hit. He sat on the bed but chose not to say anything for now. He took a minute to take in what had just happend, as the man locked the door to the room. Markus was stunned that the man had been able to see through his illusion. He had not come across a person that had yet, thou he knew he was not a professional, he still had the confidence that his smaller illusions were beliveable. Now without the bag and in the room with this skilled musician, Markus now decides to respond to the mans question. "Well we all gotta make a living, we just have different ways of doing it" he said plainly, his face filled with shame of begin caught. "And why didnt you just let the crowd get me, since i stole from that man, it would have simply been fair for him to get his payback" he said, leaning against his staff. As he spoke, he kept his face low, hidding his eyes with his hat. After a few minutes of silence Markus askes another question. "And what happens now?"

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Vorae was about to reply when he heard muffled bootsteps, and felt a sudden chill in the air. Holding up a hand for silence, he began talking nonchalantly-"Well, first things off, I'm not going to let a fellow Arcane die just because he's down on his luck. Call me a fool, but you seem like a good man, albeit poor. Secondly, we're going to get you some more reputable clothing. Thirdly, what's with that fog that follows you around? Fourth..ly? We're going to see how we can employ your skills for a living. And fifth..." He pivoted around, and motioned at the door, pulling it in with a bang. Nikole stood there at the door, having been listening in.

Nikole's POV(PMed with Geo)

Nikole had walked past the room when she heard a familiar voice interrogating the foreign voice. It was in her best interest to just continue walking, but she wanted to know what the deal with Skysinger and the other man was. She walked up to the door, her heavy winter boots thudding somewhat. She leaned against the door and began listening on in the conversation. Suddenly, the door banged open and she made a small eeping noise as she was sucked in the room like a vacuum. Her face then turned slightly red out of mere embarrassment, being caught off guard like that.

(Vorae POV)

Vorae smiled at her with warm yet guarded expression. "Well now, Miss, listening in on a conversation between two Arcanes. I already know you're an Arcane as well, perhaps it's as well that you stay." He motioned for her to sit down on the chair nearby Markus. "Now, Fifth, we Arcane should stick together. Even in Innos'cere, we must be on guard at all times." He held out a hand to Markus. "Up on your feet, Arcane. Keep your head up. My name's Vorae Skysinger, what's yours?"

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Phantom »

Markus was taken by surprise by Vorae's hearing. He kept silent as he responded to his question, and sat quietly on the bed. After the other Arcane enters and sits down, Markus lets a moment of silence pass before he responds to Vorae's questions. "My name is Markus D'Elarter" he said, finally looking up. Holding his staff in the left hand, he creates a scene on his right hand, with minature characters "I come from Alchemene down south. When i was nine, i was locked up in jail because it was thought i would be a danger to the public. There I met an old Arcane, who helped me develope my skills over the years, he used to be a great illusionist.He taught me alot about what he knew, but unfortanatly, some of his spells are a bit too complex for my skill level. Sadly he passed away several months ago, leaving me with his diary and his staff. I made my escape from the jail several nights later and i now find myself here" he explained. As he spoke, the characters on the plane he had created did the exact actions, with images and looks from his memoires. "I use the mist to keep strangers away, and to try and scare people off. I dont have and money on my person, since i spent most of me life in jail" he said. As he finished his tale, the illusions evaporated, and he sits back down.