Arcane |Roleplay Thread|

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

Re: Arcane |Roleplay Thread|

#16 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Nikole was about to listen to the man named D’Elater, up until he stated he was from Alchemene, now she has mixed feelings about this man, so she decided to keep her opinion to herself. Went to jail, is from Alchemene, steals on occasions, and doesn’t exactly give a good character behind him. But she decided to hold her tongue. She had to intrude, “Skysinger? You have given your name without asking for mine, yet you are willing to trade information with a thief…from Alchemene.” She protested in a slight jealousy. “I will give you my name never the less. I am Winters, Nikole Winters. I hail from the frozen lands of Genth.” She stated out loud, it seems foreign for her to do such an action, normally she wouldn’t care about who she is or where she came from, but this act of asking the thief and not her seemed to quarrel with her judgments on previous times.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#17 Post by tony1695 »

Aurelia raised an eyebrow and stared at the stranger.

Two questions. How do you know so much about me, and what kind of help are we talking about?

Aurelia put down her glass of wine and waited for a reply. It had better not be some private feud. They were too risky, from a legal view.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#18 Post by y7h65 »

Jacques's POV
Jacques spun around his chair and chuckled as he watched the going ons at the tavern with a mug of beer in his hand. "Ah, just another day in town I suppose. " Spinning back to lean on the bar, Jacques took out a small ledger containing the sales of the day and started calculating his earnings when he began to listen in on the newcomer(Marrik) and the girl(Aurelia) next to him conversing. As he listened in, he reacted with a bit of shock as the boy managed to call the girl's name, hometown, and arcane skill from a leather book. Turning around to face the pair, he let out a low whistle at the newcomer's skill. "Oh, a diviner I see. Mind divining something about me next?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#19 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Well, I didn't think it polite to ask your name, since you must be pestered constantly by others about such things. I'm glad that you see fit to tell me your name." Vorae replied cheerfully. "I'm from Tan-enti, so we've got a whole menagerie of people in here now...but Markus, here's what we're going to do. I'm going to loan you the money I just earned from this night. Use it for whatever you need, but I'll want you to pay me back eventually. Why don't you just use your illusions as a bard, or something? I was impressed by the little show you just put on, perhaps you could illustrate various historical drama for the public for a small fee."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Replying to Aurelia's clear question first Marrik chuckled, "I used to be a diviner, and that's how I know who you are. You as well, Jacques Le'sang, of Tan-enti." Marrik read a little further from his book and turned a bit towards Jacques. "As for the help, well there is something very important I need that resides up in the Ward Spine Mountains. I need your help with this, and you as well Jacques, and even those other four that went up those stairs." Marrik turned a few pages in his book and gave a small smile.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#21 Post by Phantom »

"I thank Ye for yer help" said Markus, "I had not considered performing for coins." he continued. Markus begins to think. "However, there might be a small problem. Prison is not a place where culture and legends reach. I dont really know any fairy tales or historical events to retell. Pherhaps with that loan, i could not only aquire some better clothing, but i could find a history book, or fairy tales. But i do have ha couple of stories and ideas already" he said, grinnig.

Markus could feel that Vorae did not have any hard feelings and had accepted him openly. This was slightly akward for Markus, as back in his village, and along his travels, he was treated more like a monster then a person. As for Nikole, he could see that she didn't like him, and had the common idea that he was trouble. Markus shrugged it off, he was used to it by now, thou he may have to change his image if he were to become a performer. While he was thinking, Markus got an idea, he took out his tutors book, and began to look for something. His tutor had enchanted the book, to give the illusion that the words and letters were simply floating around the page, and only an illusionist would be able to see through, and understand it. He had done this in the event that the guards find his book, and attempt to use it.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#22 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Good gods, even with Nirvana's Blessing, I can't make sense of that book. Perhaps if I focused...but no, that would be an invasion of privacy. Vorae said, "Markus, I think it would be best if you stayed in my room for the night. The crowd downstairs might still be wanting to lynch you, along with that merchant." Addressing Nikole, he said, "I apologize, Nikole, but I think it best if you not sleep in this room tonight, but yours. It would be hardly proper, a girl of your young years sleeping in the same room as we two. Also, go easy on Markus. He's not had the opportunity I've had, nor what appears to be the wealth you possess."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Nikole gazed into the grey eyes of Vorae, “I was about to head to my room, Sir, but you seemed to of kidnaped me. And don’t get to overzealous about the name exchange; my family has too much pride riding on us to even let a simple charity given to them go unpaid back. I was also about to leave just now.” She decided to move forward to the door, “That being said, I do not hate the poor, and sometimes I can understand one who needs to steal, even atone for my anger for those convicted. However, to converse with one who hails from an enemy state, regardless if it a political or not.” She paused a bit looking at Markus again is slight spite and then turned back again. “You do realize how damaging that can be to the entire Winter’s Family?” She opened the door, leading out into a hallway. “I bid you next time.” She gave a slight bow to Vorae and then started to head towards her room. It wasn’t that she hated the man, it was all about pride, and pride to her family is part of The Values of Loyalty and Duty.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#24 Post by y7h65 »

Jacques's POV
Jacques let out a whistle as the newcomer managed to get his basic history down. "That's an impressing trick Mr. Ex Diviner. Well, if you want them, I'll get them." Sliding off his bar stool and putting away the ledger, Jacques did a small bow to the newcomer and the girl before walking off towards the innkeeper to ask him about the musician. After getting the info from the innkeeper, Jacques made his way up the stairs. When he got to the rooms, he saw a girl leaving the room that he'd been directed to. Letting out a whistle to get her attention, Jacques ran up to her. "Hey miss, what would you do if I told you that there's a prophecy about you that involves saving the world?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#25 Post by Phantom »

Markus Closed his book. He was used to being treated lowly. After all, he didnt come from a wealthy family, spent most of his life in jail, and up until now, had to relay on petty thefts to live. He puts his book back in his bag and looks up at the other people in the room. "Well i found several spells to do larger figures, but ill need practice first. The larger the illusion, the more energy required. he said. He watched as Nikole made her speech and walk's out. Markus felt slighlty angry. He did not ask for pitty or sympathy, and he didnt really care whether he was rich or poor. As Nikole walks out, footsteps can be heard coming up, and a man confronts her. Markus does not pay any attention, to this, and instead, walks over to the window and looks out. It is still raining, and the streets are mostly empty. "Ill probably head to the shops tommorow, once the storm has passed" he said softly.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#26 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Vorae's eye twitched. That little...I kidnapped her? She was eavesdropping on us! He spoke out loud, "The Winters family, eh? That's the ruling dynasty of Genth, is it not?" Vorae walked over to the door to close it. As he began to shut the door, he saw a gangly ranger engage Nikole in a conversation about saving the world. "Well now, congratulations!" He said. Right before the door shut, however, he said cheerily, "You get to save the world!...or that's one of the more interesting pick-up lines I've heard in a while." Vorae walked up to the window next to Markus. He clapped Markus on the shoulder. His voice becoming more serious, he said, "Don't worry, Markus. We'll watch each others backs, at least until one of us decides to back-stab the other."

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

She turned slightly, giving the stranger only a fraction of her eyes. "Well I don't know." she said in spite, she began to feel like her normal self, cold and uncaring. "What if I told you that there is a prophecy that involves you....falling down the stairs....with a boot-mark on your [censored]." She felt like a rattlesnake. Her words were her hissing, then she will rattle. The air around her began to cool, a form of jesture that states to back off. Then Vorae gave his statement, and now the rattlesnake metaphore seemed hollow as the cooling air stopped, making her words even more emtpy. But she still stayed in the same position, looking calm and collective.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#28 Post by y7h65 »

Jacques's POV
Jacques chuckled as the girl made an idle threat to him. "Doubt you'd be able to get me in the first place.No, but in all seriousness, there's a diviner down there who says that he needs help from me, some girl, you, and the other two morons in that room. And I don't know if you know this, but whenever diviners need help, that usually involves crazy stuff like saving the world. Or retrieving some mystical artifact. Or defeating an ancient evil. Well, that's what happens in the stories in any case." Shrugging slightly as he finished his explanation, Jacques smiled again before continuing. "So, what do you say? You want in? Or are you going to continue being an ice queen and whatnot?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by Phantom »

Markus stayed by the window. He stared out thinking about Varoe's comment. He was not sure how he felt, for once in his life, his emotions and feelings were all confused. He felt both like a prisoner, having been caught stealing, and now here with Varoe, but a free man. "I have no reason to betray your trust." he said softly "I am indebted to you for not turning me over to the crowd, and shall remain in your services till my debpt is paid. I may be from Alchemene and a criminal, but even we low lifes have a sense of honour, Pride and dignity." he said, still looking into the street. A woman had come out from one of the shops, followed by a man, holding an umbrella for her, they walked down the street, out of sight from the window. After a long pause of silence, Markus continues, "I think she likes you by the way" he said, finally looking away from the street, and moving to grab a seat by the chimeny. "Either that, or a sense of Pride and honour so uptight ye could deflect a thousand bullets with it, regardless of their size." he concluded. "Give her time, beneath that cold exteriour exists a warm heart, no matter how hard one can try to hide it, even an ice statue needs a warm heart in order to exist"

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#30 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Vorae rubbed his head sheepishly, looking out the window. "I do think she's attractive enough, but I never really seriously thought about chasing after her. I mean, I'm just a orphaned moderately successful musician, and she's royalty. It's pretty fairytale stuff, but this is the real world. I'm not going to find a genie, or at least one that would be as kind as the one in Aladdin. Nor would I ever trust the Fae. Fairy godmothers are scary, Markus." He sighed. "Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I had never done the things I did. I've killed men before, bandits, but even so, it never gets any easier. Don't the things you do ever haunt you?"