Its Cold and Im Being Shot At |RP thread|

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Skirmish
New Citizen

Re: Its Cold and Im Being Shot At |RP thread|

#31 Post by Skirmish »

Jonah

Keeping my voice down, I curse when news of a walker reaches my ears. I quickly grab my gear and run up the stairs, bypassing the other members of the squad to reach the roof quickly. 

Once I reach the roof I approach Kealanah, speaking calmly and with a wink at the end of my question, "Where do you need me to set up darl?"

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Lewis noticed someone sit down next to him. When he looked over, he jumped when he saw the newcomer cut his hand. "Agh!" he squawks and takes off his pack, rummaging through it to find..."H-here it is" he mutters, pulling out a roll of gauze. He turns back to the soldier and forcefully takes the knife from him with surprising strength. Gripping the man's wrist in one hand, Lewis uses the other to tightly wrap his hand, expertly weaving between the fingers to ensure a wide range of motion was maintained. "J-just because you're feeling l-like hurting yourself don't mean you can go and m-make yourself un-sat for combat" He says, a slight hint of anger in his voice. Holding Matt's knife up, he adds "You get t-this back when-wait, you h-hear that?" Lewis pauses, not so much hearing as feeling a series of steady thumps. They're getting louder, and suddenly the same man that had given Lewis his jacket was barking out orders. "Wha? What's g-going on?!"
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#33 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Nathaniel glanced at Lewis. The boy is still freezing, best he keeps my jacket for now. He whispered urgently, "Lewis, stay quiet, and keep alert for orders. There's a walker out there, so we're moving anti-vehicle personnel up to the roof in hopes of taking it out. If we can't do that, then it's up to Ravenwing to get things unFUBARed. Just get your weapons ready, and be ready to run."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

RajinGeki
Council Member

#34 Post by RajinGeki »

Matt felt another bit of sadness wash over him as Lewis took his knife from him. But Matt didn't stay sad enough for long as he heard the common sound of the uncommon vehicle known most commonly as, "A walker." Matt ran to the door that Jimmy, , put the other door behind. Cracking it a little Matt looked outside to see the walker wasn't on this side of the building and went out, closing the door behind him. Matt then looked around the corner and noticed the walker moving around the opposite end of the library going up the street on the other side. When it went out of site he moved down the wall very slowly to the corner on the far side. One thought came to his head as he saw the walker was on its own, [Steal it.]
Image Image

Basitin warrior
Council Member

#35 Post by Basitin warrior »

Adrian hadn't gone in with the others just yet. Instead he had walked around around the library to patrol and find any possible weak points. Suddenly he heard a weird sound. He peaked around a corner and saw a walker coming right at him. He turned and sprinted back the way he came and dove into the first open window he saw. While dusting himself off he said, "Holy crap a walker!!!! I didn't think any raiders were that organized around here, especially during the winter."
Strength is not physical ability it is the ability to endure great pains and continue fighting.
Keith Kaiser
Strongest Basitin

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Understanding the Sergeant Major's concern but not wanting to be dead weight, Lewis protested. "Sir, I c-can help. I want to help. I'm the best medic here, and with a T-39 Bogatyr Russian Battle Walker out there, someone's bound to be injured somehow. I'm not asking to fight the damn thing, just let me help those that do. Please Sir, I can do this, let me prove I'm not a worthless frozen maggot straight outta boot camp." Lewis had no idea were this sudden adrenaline had come from, but he welcomed it. Then he noticed that with the energy came warmth, and he'd stopped shivering. He was ready for this battle, he just needed the opportunity.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Jimmy almost fell to the ground from shock. He looked at his hands. "You lucky [censored]. .You got a compliment." Then the word 'Walker' reached him. "Ohcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap." He unlimbered his rocket launcher and made his way to the roof, lying down by the wall and slowly crawling his way forward. Alright Jimmy, they taught you how to deal with these things in Engineering 101. T-39 Bogatyr Russian Battle Walker specs, Heavy armor, loaded to the brim with weapons. Weak points... ummm....ummmm...... I remember! Small servos, slow. Heavy-armored legs close to maximum weight for material. If one leg is disabled, it cannot move. If leg is removed, it will fall over. Specific rocket-placing is recommended toward the connections between the legs and main body.
He carefully took out a rocket, and held it in his hands. "Orders, Ma'am?"
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#38 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Don't worry, there's going to be infantry accompanying this walker, so we're going to have a firefight on our hands in a minute. Just let the engineers take this thing out, and then we can engage, and you'll have pretty much all of us on your hands." Nathaniel said. "...Wait a second, where is Matt?!" He glanced out the window and saw a furtive figure on the left coaxial side of the walker. "Oh [censored]."

Nathaniel dashed up the stairs, stopping at the last stair, so as to not reveal himself to the walker by any sudden movements. He threw a half-salute at Ravenwing. "Matt's down there, I think that idiot is going to try and steal the goddamned thing. Orders? This is your mission, after all. You lured them here, now get us out."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

RajinGeki
Council Member

#39 Post by RajinGeki »

Seeing that there is no way to steal the walker Matt decides to retreat out of sight and places the silencer to his UMP on the end of his gun. After getting into the building next to the library he puts the gun to his head and fires. Now the cold world can be safe from his madness.

((Problem solved. I hope there are no rules for auto-hitting your own character lol.))
Image Image

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#40 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Lured them out here, is that what he thought? Kealanah shook her head and looked out over the street to the walker.

It was alone, this must be a raider, no one would be dumb enough to roam around in something that large and not think to be attacked.

The walker also acted a bit strange, it would at times stop, and turn its upper section from left to right like it was looking for something.

Clicking the radio in her helmet she half yelled at Matt "You idiot get down before it sees you!"
Then issuing orders over the radio to the others of the squad called out to Jimmy first "Jimmy, I need you. Line up a shot at the inner side of the far leg."
She had to get the thing to stop for Jimmy to take the shot.
"Matt, on second thought get its attention, fire off a few rockets if you can."
Slightly ignoring the trail end of what Maverick said she pointed to the smaller upper turret of the walker "Maverick take shots at that small turret, try to take its camera out."

"Lewis and Adrian, I need you two to be ready to take down whoever pops out of that thing when we take it down."

"Everyone set? Go!"
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero