Its Cold and Im Being Shot At |RP thread|

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

Its Cold and Im Being Shot At |RP thread|

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Snow and ice, everywhere…. On the ground, in buildings, all over your guns and in your boots. Its cold, really cold. Like ‘Why the hell are we out here?’ cold. You are what’s left of your detachment, all 15…13 of you, George and Phil just fell through some thin ice; Phil screaming out his last words “Screw you guys!” as he falls into the bleak darkness below.

Now all 13 of you are trying to get back to the base setup outside of what is now the frozen maze that was once New York city. The purpose of you being there other than to feed the wolves is to find stores of parts and fuel, right now you're near the remains of the Empire state building in your meager camp. Your commander is standing on a high snow drift next to a ruined skyscraper looking down at his map pad trying to find the fastest way back to base.

One of the soldiers sneezes, and after the commander excuses him he looks around saying “Any of you guys hear tha-” without warning several tons of snow and ice crash down on your commander crushing him along with the only data pad with a map. Even if you could somehow dig your commander out from under the tons of snow there is no way that he nor the map would of survived, each soldier looks at one another when the sound of wolves howling washes over the small camp, its gonna be night soon and only one of you has managed to make a fire…

Survival…yah, its going be a great time trying.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Its Cold and Im Being Shot At |RP thread|

#2 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Jimmy took one look around, and headed into the ruins of the building, looking for a door, or an intact room. He kept his gun up, and stayed away from the one who was muttering something about puppies.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Kealanah was swearing to herself. Their mission was one disaster after another and now this. She knew what all the other were here for, cannon fodder and bullet magnets. She on the other hand was looking for something specific. A piece of tech that was lost up here that could save the planet, or at least that's what she was told it would do. She had its last known location but getting there, with this lot of boot camp rejects wouldn't be easy.

"Chill the [censored] out Maverick. This isn't the first thing to happen." Kealanah roughly spoke up about the man's odd muttering.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Skirmish
New Citizen

#4 Post by Skirmish »

((Let me know if anythings wrong with my post))

Jonah

I watch helplessly, my facial expression a mixture of shock and frustration, as our CO is crushed beneath several tones of snow and ice along with the only map we have of this desolate wasteland of a city. 
I know instantly that there's no hope for recovering the map in one piece and curse loudly at our continual misfortune. It's been one disaster after another in a string of seemingly never ending disasters. This always seems to be the case lately. 
How could things get any worse? I ponder to myself, only to have my unspoken question answered mere moments after thinking it by the howling of wolves. 
"Oh for the love of god! Can't this streak just end already!"
Always my luck huh? Maybe I should just ditch this so-called luck of mine and start from scratch, developing a new luck for myself.
But that's a thought for another time, preferably a time when I'm not going to be potentially eaten alive by wolves and left to rot in this desolate wasteland. 
I ready my gun, flicking the safety off and ensuring the barrel and ammo aren't frozen over or together and ready myself for the orders that are sure to come. 

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#5 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

When the CO was given his ice coffin, Nathaniel's mind immediately began calculating the new situation. Alright, lets see here. We've got a dead CO, only about 12 of us left. I don't trust that Spec Ops girl any farther than I can throw her, and the rest of this group is filled with mostly wet-behind the ears privates. "Right then, get off your [censored] and let's at least get inside a stable building, we won't last the night out here." Nathaniel bellowed. "Those wolves aren't going to wait around, and neither are we. Maverick, Metcalfe, Ravenwing, find a preferrably single-story building with few entrances and thick walls. The more crap to burn inside, the better. The rest of you, get in a circle and keep a lookout for any wolves...or other things."
He clapped Maverick on the shoulder, pulling him towards himself and whispering in his ear-"Look, keep an eye on those two. Metcalfe is too inexperienced, and I don't really know Ravenwing's story."
(OOC-Nathaniel outranks everyone in this group [Possible exception of Ravenwing], but I'm not going to be ordering everyone left and right)
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Skirmish
New Citizen

#6 Post by Skirmish »

Jonah

I throw a quick glance towards Nathaniel when he begins bellowing orders, listening carefully for anything that concerns me while still staying alert to the sound of the wolves in the near distance. 
Ok, so the only thing that affects me currently order-wise is 'forming a circle and keeping watch for wolves or other things'
I can do that, it's not that hard. Then I look around at the other soldiers with us. 
"Oh [censored]." I mutter under my breath, the sudden realization that most of the others are frozen in fear hitting home hard. 
I quickly make my way towards a nearby building that stil has a solid door inside a small alcove, kneeling once I get to the relative safety it offers and bringing my gun to rest at my hip level. 

Basitin warrior
Council Member

#7 Post by Basitin warrior »

Adrian just put his head down when his commander got crushed by two tons of ice. Then he lit a cigarette and slowly inhaled while people tried to get organized. He heard the 'new' leader give out orders and said under his breath, "Great they get to leave while we play hide and snack with a pack of wolves. Same [censored] as chicago." He shock his head in disgust at the whole situation.
Strength is not physical ability it is the ability to endure great pains and continue fighting.
Keith Kaiser
Strongest Basitin

RajinGeki
Council Member

#8 Post by RajinGeki »

Matt didn't really have time to react to the situation with the CO and map problem after it happened due to the wolves howling. He heard the orders to make a circle and began to move into place with his UMP in hand. The missle launcher on his back swung a little as he walked. This moment made him wonder if it was a bad idea to become an army engineer."Maybe we won't die from the cold, but die from the wolves. At least we'll be a nice ration to them." he said under his breath after getting into postion.
Image Image

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Kealanah rolled her eyes a bit under the faceplate of her helmet, "Tch, fine." She wasn't too keen on being ordered around, but being a specops, you did and didn't have rank at the same time.

She pulled her sniper rifle from her back and popped up its scope, using that for a quick look around for the building they would take refuge in.

Then she found it, 300 feet down the road there was a small one level library. "Found it, down the road, a library, looks okay from here."

Calling over for Jimmy she pointed at another one of the privates "Jimmy! You're coming with me, and....Matt, you too."
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#10 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

"Right, everyone, move towards that library Ravenwing just pointed out, staying IN formation!" Nathaniel shouted. "Adrian and myself will face the rear while the rest of you move towards the library. Break and run for it, and you'll have more than just wolves to worry about if I see you!" Taking up his gun, he nodded to Adrian and took up position.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Jimmy emerged from the skyscraper, just in time to hear Kealanah's orders. Behind him, he lugged a long, heavy object. Technically he had found what he was looking for. He'd found a door, it just wasn't attached to anything. Ah, well, waste not, want not.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

RajinGeki
Council Member

#12 Post by RajinGeki »

[Now I get to take orders from the chick. Oh giggidy is me.] Matt thought as he came to her side. He wondered if she would ditch Jimmy by telling him to go gaurd something in the snow while they cozy in the fox hole. Matt then wondered if he could take out Jimmy so that he could have Ms. Hot to himself. [I could try and blame the wolves for his death, but they would have to be mutant wolves that learned to use a gun. Then they would wonder why the wolves seemed to use the same type of ammo as my gun. But then again I forgot a rule that every man must abide by, "bros before hot women with guns."] So Matt decided not to break one of the most sacred rules his father taught him about before sleeping with Matt's aunt behind his uncle's back.
Image Image

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

In reality, Lewis didn't know what the F*** was going on. This cold must have begun to freeze his brain, because he was constantly in a haze. He barely noticed that their commander had met a cold, snowy doom. He barely noticed the echoing howls of wolves in the distance. And as he trudged through the snow with the rest of the patrol, he barely noticed that he had begun to move in the first place. In all appearances behavior-wise, Lewis was essentially a zombie. A very, very cold zombie.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Skirmish
New Citizen

#14 Post by Skirmish »

Jonah

Upon hearing the command to move down the street, I immediately swing my gun over my shoulder and break cover, crouch-running quietly to the rest of the squad and taking up a position near the front so as to make best use of my gun if needed. 
I keep my wits about me, scanning the sides of the road continuously for any signs of movement, while thinking to myself how dangerous this area is as well as thinking that we really need to get as far away from here as possible. 
I keep these thoughts to myself, instead trusting that there is indeed safety in numbers and a good defensive position. 

Basitin warrior
Council Member

#15 Post by Basitin warrior »

Adrian stared back at Nathaniel and took a long drag of his cigarette. Then he got up and jogged into position. He dropped his cigarette into the snow so nothing could see him easier then the others. His gun was level and he kept sweeping it from side to side as he scanned for any movement.
Strength is not physical ability it is the ability to endure great pains and continue fighting.
Keith Kaiser
Strongest Basitin