King's Men ( Dead)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

RajinGeki
Council Member

Re: King's Men ( still open)

#16 Post by RajinGeki »

Hal got a few yards from the tavern before he ducked to avoid a low flying crow. It circled back and landed beside him before letting out a "Caaawww." It hopped to him and stood there looking at him with beedy eyes. Hal noticed a bit of parchment on its leg and took it. The bird pecked at his hand after he grabbed the letter, but missed. After Hal read the message once he had read it again to make sure he wasn't missing something. Getting up he said to the bird, "Well I guess I'm supposed to let you take me to the castle then there Beeky. But no funny business or I'll make sure you're to frozen to fly again. The crow just cawed and began to lead Hal to the castle.
Image Image

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#17 Post by Kisuke »

Gray felt the dizziness of his drunken stupor lift and the world came back into focus. "Woah.. what was that...?" Gray slowly stood up and looked at the girl. "That was.. thanks, I feel much better now." At that moment, a black bird swooped down and landed on Gray's shoulder, holding a note in it's beak. "Hmm..? What's this?" He reached up and grabbed the letter from it's beak and noticed the King's seal. Should probably open this later... He carefully placed it in his pocket and turned his attention back to Talia. "I suppose you'd like to know who you just helped, my name's Gray."

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#18 Post by redundant_redundant »

Bridges reached forward to help the drunk man but a crow landed on her arm.
"shoo birdy, please shoo. wait... whats this in your beak?"
she reached up to take the letter and read it, then dropped to her knees.
"w-what does this mean?"
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Blackbone sighed, he was getting thirsty and had no water. He'd heard of a tavern close by and decided to go there, after a couple miles he found himself standing in front of a decent sized tavern and walked inside with his unholy creations behind him. As he walked up to the owner he noticed some people giving him an odd look. As he got closer to the owner some began to stand and slowly follow him, he stopped and looked behind him, there just only to yards away were about 6 or 7 people standing there with weapons drawn. After a few seconds they began to circle around him, he knew why they where surrounding him, Necromancers weren't to popular around here. Blackbone took off his helmet and drew his sword.
Any volunteers? He said with a grin.
The strangers began to get closer to him, the demons began to hiss and the skeleton began moving its joints. Than, after what felt like a year, the first stranger charged him wielding a two-handed ax and swung it at Blackbone. The demon jumped in the way and was cleaved in half. Blackbone did a small jump in the air and stabbed the man in his left eye, an out the back of his head. He then turned around and sliced another man through his jugular spraying blood on Blackbone's black plated armor. Two more men charged at him but where attacked by Blackbone's skeleton minion who'd picked up the first man's ax and had swung it the closet attacker, slicing his head clean off, but the other man had slammed a huge hammer across the skeleton's spine. Blackbone had to back up against a wall to keep away from the rest of his attackers. He looked around, there wasn't any place he could try to run to and hide, he had to use necromancy. He quickly took a stab at his leg cutting his calf, leaving a decent sized gash on it. He started laughing and muttered three words and all the fresh dead bodies began squirming and moving, their flesh burning off and their bones turning a darker color. Blackbone chuckled, he watched what was left of his attackers try to fend off the undead but where quickly deposed, after a few minutes he began to feel light headed and was stumbling over everything, he grabbed his fore-arm armor and ripped it off, his curse had now reached to his upper arm, almost to his shoulder, and at that site he passed out, just as a small letter had been dropped on his head by a bird.

(this OK?)
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#20 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Exhausted, Vorae dropped into his bed and chugged a mana potion. I really need to work on my endurance. He thought. Well, at least my pay for killing that duke should be here soon. He reached out with his hand and unlatched his window nearby his bed. A crow flew in and smacked him on the head. "BY THAS'KILM's HAIRY-" He shouted. He grabbed the crow furiously and shook it, not noticing the letter that dropped from it's beak. Vorae threw the crow out the window, but it flew back in and pecked his face, then landed on the letter and cawed. "What...Oh." He said, noticing the royal seal. Tearing the seal off, he read the summons. Dear gods, this is from the King himself. "Alright, crow, then let's go." He said, drinking the last of the potion, his energy restored.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#21 Post by Ranalf »

Talia just looked to the side and said, "Erm...That was...uh...My Galdrar. It's a...type of magic music..." she then just looked down and said, "I'd rather not go into detail." She looked up when he told her his name. "But...You don't look Gray at all...Oh, I'm Talia..." she said, blushing then feeling something on her head, other then her robe, and reached up to feel feathers. They were rather soft, so she didn't ruffle them and felt the letter at its foot, taking it off and noticing the seal: Same to the one Gray got.

She curiously then opened it up and read it. "B-but why me? I don't get why a king would invite a refugee..." she said to herself, then giving it back to the crow. "You m-must have gotten it wrong...I'm no hero..." she told the crow and turned back to Gray, only to find the crow was still on top of her head. It pecked her head a few times, resulting in 'Ow!'s from her and she finally said, "Fine...I'll go..." she said, taking the letter again and rubbing her head, instantly applying healing magic, which made her hand appear a soft white-blue. It was finished within 3 seconds, then she turned to Gray. "I...S-suppose we should get going..." she said, standing up. She had questions for the King. Most of all: Why her?
Delicious.
Cool story.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Kisuke »

Gray looked at Talia curiously. What did that letter say..? He decided to open his and see what it was exactly and find out if he and the girl had the same one. "Dear friend..." Gray muttered the rest of the letter and raised an eyebrow. "What the... Why would the King choose me for this..?" He shoved the letter into his pocket and looked back at Talia. "I suppose if we've been summoned by the King, we don't have much choice. Lead the way bird." The crow squawked and flew off, with Gray following fairly close behind. "Come on, let's not keep him waiting."

Samdragon07
Master

#23 Post by Samdragon07 »

(early morning)

What is with that... dream. Vice went to the his personal bathroom to wash his face to get the shock out of him from his bad dreams. What is going on with me? After he was done, he went to the kitchen to tell his cook that he need something to eat.

"Yes sir give me 30 minutes." Not wanting an argument he agreed. Next, he went to the Castle's doctor. He went into the room to see that the doctor was all alone. Where's the woman at? he said. The doctor responded with a frown. I see, i'm sorry... What happened to her?
The doctor said, "That gem did something to her. The Woman is a peasent from outside of town. She was a mother of two and gave a helping hand to anybody needing it. She was missing for two days. I don't know what put it made her go crazy. when she had awoken she said 'i have failed' and that gem started to glow than she turned to dust."
Vice said,That enought. The king walked out of the room. To past the time, the king started wander the outside of the castle to get this bad morning out of the way. "Well this is a good start to a day"
{OCC sorry for the 2 day wait}

RajinGeki
Council Member

#24 Post by RajinGeki »

Hal waited at the gate while the guards were busy with checking to make sure that the letter was indeed from the king. They even had it sent off to his majesty for verification. This was all due in part to the recent attack on his life. Hal could tell that something serious took place before he had gotten to the castle gate by the odd amount of guards that were active. The news of the attack made him wonder if some group had more plans in the future. Plans that might have been the reason for the king's urgent call, but why was Hal chosen for such a task? He didn't veiw himself as an important person to warrant the king's call. In any case he would find the answers when the king saw him.
Image Image

Samdragon07
Master

#25 Post by Samdragon07 »

While Vice was walking around the castle he knowtised A small group of people coming in the front gate. What are they doing at my home. He was about to go over to the gate to tell them that they were not aloud to come in, but he saw that one of them was holding his letters. Just as he was going to run back in the castle one of them called out to him.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#26 Post by Kisuke »

Gray looked up at the large castle as the group was lead through the front gates. "Pretty impressive... Being royalty certainly has it's perks, eh Talia?" As they walked, he took a moment to examine the rest of the group. What a ragtag group of people... Why would the king summon all of us...?

((Short post is short >_<))

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by Ranalf »

Talia hardly listened as they walked through the gates, she just kept trying to cover herself more in her robes. It took her a few minutes to realize what he said and responded, "I-I suppose...B-but they're n-not my tastes...Nor do I deserve them..." she said, nervously looking at the weapons the gaurds were carrying all the while a little voice in the back of her head kept telling her to run.
Delicious.
Cool story.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#28 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Vorae was quite at ease, having been summoned by countless members of the royal court beforehand to take care of embarrassing problems, like assassinating Hellax rebel fighters. He walked ahead of the group, wondering what was so important that the king himself had summoned him. Looking at the group among him that were also holding letters, he saw a dark warrior, probably a animal-warrior, a brawler, an ice mage, and a shy girl who couldn't have been over 18. By the Gods, why would the King summon these people as well? These people are going to get slaughtered if we encounter anything serious.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Samdragon07
Master

#29 Post by Samdragon07 »

"My lord these people have come as you requested in there letters." Vice slowly turned around to see the group of people with the guards. "Thanks" Vice said with a little sarcasm. "Come with me..." he said with depression in his voice. Vice lead the group into a large room with a round table in the room. "Everybody take a sit. Now can anybody tell me why I choice you and your friends to come over here to my castle?"

RajinGeki
Council Member

#30 Post by RajinGeki »

Hal pondered the question abit before responding with, "Because we all have some form of talent that will help you in some sort of campaign to help the kingdom. I'm only guessing at this your highness. No real idea as to what it might be though, but it could have something to do with the assassin that was here. I doubt that you are making us go after the assassin if anything else. That wouldn't really warrant the need for a group like this by any means. Not to mention the fact that I would like to know what all of us bring to the table. I'm a high student about to graduate the local mage school who excels in ice magic.
Image Image