Generic Space Opera IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

BlueRogue
Merchant
Location: Standing on the border between the worlds of the Light and the Dark

Re: Generic Space Opera IC

#31 Post by BlueRogue »

As the weapon systems powered up and the the weapon emplacements came out of their camouflaged positions Aun'Kor began the process of gaining a lock on the other starship. The quad-laser cannons were the first to be up and ready so he started to fire them on the opponent, they didn't do much to the shielded ship, he would have to wait for a hard lock with the concussion missiles to actually do any damage. It was at time like this that he missed being in the army, there he would have had access to ship grade rail guns that would have torn the other ship to pieces in a flash. But that was then and this is now and he had what he had so that is what he would use. "Weapons systems up and running captain, the quads are going full bore but I'm working on the lock required for the missiles. I'll let you know when the missiles are ready, but right now all I'm really doing is annoying him. Oh and be careful out there, all of you."
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#32 Post by tony1695 »

You don't have to tell me.

Ahn Toun pushed the engines to half power before speaking to the other pilots.

All we're gonna do is knock out their engines. No point killing them. Maybe this'll teach them to mess with bounty hunters.

With that he sped out the hangar, did a loop around the Starfire and bore down on the hostile ship.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

RajinGeki
Council Member

#33 Post by RajinGeki »

Nick smiled as his fun little present was going to be sent to the other ship after he got a signal to carry it to it. He heard the return fire from one of the guns on the Starfire and said, "Give me a sec and I'll help you out with that Mr. Gunner. Just a few more things and my little friend will be on his way to their ship." Typing a as fast as he could Nick finished findind a weak point in the other ships systems through his number of scans. After that he sent a small signal to the other ship that would be received from the weak point and activate the virus if said ship didn't have a superb protection program. Nick wondered what enemy crew would do when they had no lights or gravity.

((Please let it work. I didn't go for their sheilds since that would be a little over the top.))
Image Image

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#34 Post by y7h65 »

Derek's POV
As soon as the fighters left, Derek entered with Sentry, who was pulling a hoverlift with a Gau-17/A with a mount, several extremely long belts of 7.62X51MM and 2 dozen sandbags. Derek began to set up some sandbags in the hangar to build a defense position and placed the M134 Minigun onto a mount behind it with the help of Sentry. Turning to Sentry, he pointed towards several crates near the front of the hangar. "Go hide behind there, ambush any enemies that pass you.ROGER! THEY SHALL NOT PASS!" With that, Sentry moved behind the crates. Derek loaded the first belt of ammo and fired off a few test rounds. Satisfied as the gun fired and the belt disintegrated properly, Derek turned on his radio and sent the rest of the group a message. "Derek here. Me and Sentry are set up in the Hangar, ready for first line defense maneuvers."

(OOC: I'm gonna assume that like in Star Wars Battlefront, one of the easiest ways to board the ship is through the hangar.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

#35 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit and Sapphire both burst out of the hanger and followed in on Crado. "I think we should put them out of commission. If we stall their ship we could take what they stole and save ourselves the trouble in equipment shopping. They may have some nice gear on there."
Help my city grow! Just click each link to help!
http://maldoon.myminicity.com
http://maldoon.myminicity.com/ind

AtlasZeth
Merchant

#36 Post by AtlasZeth »

Synera watched, mildly amused at her colleagues scrambling around to deal with the attackers. No point revealing myself now. They'll probably just attack me. She slipped out of the mess hall unnoticed and made her way to the engine room. Someone had to keep the ship running, and for the time being she could at least try to keep the shields online. Should at least reduce the number of casualties. Taking up a comfortable position in front of the main console, she de-cloaked, pulled out her hydrospanner and started fiddling with the controls. Hmm... I thought there was more than one engineer on this ship. Probably more exited about shooting things than keeping us flying.
Shovels are for holes! Holes are for corpses!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#37 Post by tony1695 »

It won't be that easy. Their shields are up, and I don't want to be responsible for the death of innocents. Chances are, they think we're pirates.

He commed the Starfire.

We need those shields down. Hurry up and fire those damn missiles!

He pulled a tight spin and veered to the left as several bolts came at him. He opened up his coms and tried to get the other ship to respond.

Please identify yourself! If you do not, we will have no choice but to blow you out of the sky!
Gentlementlemen

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#38 Post by y7h65 »

Derek's POV
Derek moved to a nearby panel and pushed some buttons and read some readouts on the screen. Frowning as he noticed something, Derek hit the radio and set it to the engineering channel. "Hey Synera, it seems that there's something up with the power plants connection to the laser CIWS. It seems that they're getting too little energy. Also, check the life support systems. Don't need them going out on us while in combat. Also, shouldn't you be taking anti-boarding measures too? I'm pretty sure that I could use some help in the hangar over here. I seem to be the only one here."

(OOC: Please let there be boarders, please let there be boarders.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

BlueRogue
Merchant

#39 Post by BlueRogue »

"Understood captain, disable not destroy order acknowledged" Aun'Kor left the controls for the quads to the computer and began to focus on locking up the target for the missiles. He almost had it ready when Crado commed him about the missiles "I'm working on it capta..." there was a slight chime from the targeting computer as the lock up was confirmed, he quickly hit he acceptance key and sent the first missiles on there way "OK I've got a hard lock and the first missiles are already underway more to follow shortly." He turned back to the quads for a second to change their target to the engines and their firing patterns so that multiple lasers hit the enemy shield at the same time to increase what little effectiveness they had.
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Draknik hissed angrily as another dull thud rumbled through the ship. While he wasn't worried about the ship's integrity, there was a small army of engineers aboard after all, he wanted this fight to be over. Clicking his communicator on, he keyed onto the Captain's channel. "Captain, if you and anybody else out there can take down their shieldsss, the rest of ussss can board the ship and take it from the inside." he nearly shouted. These fools, whoever they were, had attacked them. By Trandoshan law, blood called for blood and Draknik would not walk away from this fight with clean blades.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle

#41 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit had a crazy idea that might work. "Cap. Crazy idea. What I go in and hit the shields from the inside? It's better then waiting."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#42 Post by tony1695 »

I highly doubt their shield generator is next to their hangar, if they have one, and you won't be able to get in unless we knock out the shields in the first place. And Draknik, boarding is too risky, even for you. You'll have to sit this one out. I'll buy you something to kill later.

Crado watched as the missile impacted, sending a shiver along the ship as the shields wavered. He pushed his A-Wing into a tight spin and weaved around the enemy ship.

Keep firing!
Gentlementlemen

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle

#43 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit and Sapphire put their targets on as they moved in on the vessel. "Sapph and I will engage the shield by hitting the command deck." As Kit moved in Kit and Sapph locked onto the enemy command deck and fired a charged homing plasma shot each which slammed into the enemy command deck shield area. After that Kit and Sapph moved to let the main gun of the Starfire try the shields.
((Doesn't sound like much, but plasma cannons on the R-Wing when charged can pack some serious punch on both ship and fighter armor and shields.))

BlueRogue
Merchant

#44 Post by BlueRogue »

Aun'Kor watched as the missiles impacted the shield of the other ship and notice their power fluctuate and then stabilize again. He heard the captain tell him to keep firing just as the computer sent another missile on it's way. He typed up a new command for the missile systems to switch to manual mode one the shield of their opponent were down so as to not destroy them outright and as he finished that alteration another missile was spat out of it's tube and accelerated towards the enemy. "The missile system is launching them as quickly as possible, you just be ready to take out the engines I would have a hard time taking them out from here."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#45 Post by tony1695 »

Crado swerved around an energy bolt that would have torn his A-Wing in two.

Alright then. Leave the engines to us.

The enemy's ship's shields flickered dangerously, and he knew it was nearly down. As he brought his fighter towards the engines, he saw something come out of one of the ships. A fighter of some description had just left and had decided to target him.

Kit, Sapph, we have bogies! Watch your tails!
Gentlementlemen