Generic Space Opera IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Generic Space Opera IC

#1 Post by tony1695 »

The Starfire drifted lazily through the void. Ahn Toun sat in his room and looked at the mirror. How long had he been living this lie now? How long had he been masquerading as Crado? He honestly couldn't remember.
He stood up and put on some clothes before heading for the bridge. Hopefully the auto-pilot hadn't done something weird again.
As he surveyed the inky black waste in front of him, he saw the planet they were heading for, maybe three hour's travel away.

((Okay, we have begun! You can be on the bridge, your own room, or elsewhere on the ship. I don't care what you're doing, though technically it is morning. Keep that in mind.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

Re: Generic Space Opera IC

#2 Post by Lordlyhour »

James A. Harridan, Ex-Pirate and now Bounty hunter extrodinaire, Herbalist and purveyor of Organic drugs from the downright dreary level fives to the trancedential Nixers was doing what he did every morning, without fail: Planning how best to ration out his wonder drugs and wondering if he could con his fellow crewmembers into buying something, just to liven the place up a little. Sure, Selling Catnip to anthropomorphic cats was bound to have hilarious aftermaths, but the problem with Intergalactic travel is that you rarely, if ever, stay long enough for the hilarity to ensue. He stands and makes the descision to postpone his planning until he knew where exactly they were going to. He'd likely been told at some point, but in the infinite void of space, his attention never stuck to one thing. Its that dang'd lack of Gravity, He swears.
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

#3 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit Wildstar was doing his basic morning routine. He would clean, fix, load, and prime all his weapons. He had many crates filled with weapon shells, working parts, fixed pieces, salvaged junk, and just found weapons. Kit knew his weapons as well he knew his Starfighter R-Wing X2. He also his team may need parts and he knew how to trade. He was still the clever fox. As for now he was drowned in his work and heavy metal music. As for Sapphire and Snug? They were enjoying a nap. Snug in his box bed in the closet, while Sapphire slept on the bed with headphones on playing quiet music.
Help my city grow! Just click each link to help!
http://maldoon.myminicity.com
http://maldoon.myminicity.com/ind

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Der Kojote »

Alac took another breath and pulled himself up the bars that were in the engine section "87...88...89...90..." he dropped to the ground with a thud and put his helmet back on, he sighed as he looked at the engine, "ahh the hum of the engine while exercising, a lot better than blasted spec. ops." he did his final engine check and headed to the main hold, and leaned against a wall and let out a small whistle, " Kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome."
In remembrance Lothi Great Rper and greater Solider
ye will be missed 21 gun salute

BlueRogue
Merchant
Location: Standing on the border between the worlds of the Light and the Dark

#5 Post by BlueRogue »

Aun'Kor had already been awake for at least an hour and a half, he had always been an early riser. He had already gone through the down check of his armor and most of his weapon maintenance except for a few last details on his pulse rifle. He noticed a slight defect on the induction coil, nothing to serious that he could not repair but that would take hours of calibration and he did not want to deal with it at the moment. So he reached over and took another induction coil out of a bin and quickly swapped the parts putting the faulty one aside for later repair. As he finished up the repairs he thought about his current situation, he had left the Tau empire behind him and joined a bounty hunting crew, both of which were capital treason for a member of the Tau military, and he guessed that everyone he knew thought he was dead. But he didn't rally care, the Empire had betrayed him and left him and his squad to die, and knowing those around him they would have told him to suck it up and return to the front. "Screw that idea." he thought to himself "I don't want to work for an outfit that throws away the lives of it's men. At least in this crew we don't do that so I'm happy be working for them, even if they are just a band of misfits compared to any other squads I've worked with."
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#6 Post by y7h65 »

Derek's POV
Derek woke up, his face had the schematics of the weapon he was currently restoring. Groaning, he grabbed his helmet and slapped it on, while picking up his rifle and moving out the door. Passing his Sentry bot he let out a single command as he left. "Watch out for unauthorized intruders. Roger." With that, Derek made his way to the cafeteria. Sitting down at a table with a plate of hash, bacon, sausage, eggs, and a whole jug of coffee. He started to eat, hoping someone would come and eat breakfast, it was terribly lonely eating by himself.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Lordlyhour »

James wanders in, whistling a tune (badly)and gets himself much the same as Derek, sans coffee. He yawns "Morning Derek How go your machinations? No need to fear the Space ghosts of ALcatron 7, or whatever it is we're after?" Anyhoo, for you, i have these wonderous questions two: Where're we headed and do you want something to place you brain in a pleasant fuzz? Or a state where it thinks spiders are flying froms its frontal lobes.. I'm sure i've got some of that stuff squirrled away somewhere, if'n thats what you need to make you happy. He Grins and then begins to eat swiftly,chewing just enough to get it down his throat without causing jams and using his fingers rather than cutlery. Raised by pirates, whaddaya expect?
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#8 Post by y7h65 »

Derek's POV
Derek sighed as he saw it was James that he had the pleasure of talking to, wiped his mouth, chewed, swallowed, drank a whole cup of coffee, and then answered James. "I don't need something to fuzz up my mind. I don't want to accidentally take my head off or blow it off while cleaning a rifle and in any case, I'm still working on a project. I just found a bolter last stop with a bunch of bolter shells for it. I'm still cleaning and fixing it. Also, I don't know where we're headed."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Lordlyhour »

And if you were without a head, it'd severly limit your use to me as a pontential customer. It'd raise your worth as compost, but bring your mechanical skill down to almost zero. I think your Skills as a mechanic are worth a fair sight more than the nutrients you've got packed away in you. Maybe after your Project is done i could give you something Celebratory like.Your choice but. now, if'n you'll excuse me, i'll be off to see El capitan. Pleasant having this chat though.
He clears the his plate from the table, places it where the unclean plates are meant to go, then walks away towards the captains room.

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit finished some of his duties and decided to go grab some grub. He and Snug, who caught ear shot of Kit leaving, went to eat while Sapphire napped. Once in the cafeteria he saw Derek. "Morning to you...or so say clock. How's things? Any words from our honorable leader?" As Kit was talking he was also fixing two plates, one smaller then the other. Once seated he put the two plates down and began eating, while Snug ate next to him off the smaller plate.

RajinGeki
Council Member

#11 Post by RajinGeki »

Nick was having his usual morning fun by thinking of ways to share his fun with the other crew members with a great prank while bouncing around his room from one thing to another. Jumping on to his small trampoline he vaulted on to the adult size monkey bars a few feet away. [Maybe I could have fun by getting some herbs from James and use them on someone. Hope he has something good or I'll have to plan something else though], Nick thought before jumping to the rope in the middle of his room and then climbing down it to exit his room.
Image Image

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Drakinik sat in his quarters, the sound of metal sliding against metal ringing in the small room. He drew his ryyk blades across a wet-stone, enjoying the screeching sound that would make most other organics uncomfortable. Although some would consider it 'old fashioned' to still use melee weapons in an age where entire planets could be destroyed in seconds, Draknik wickedly savored the look of surprise and pain on his victims as his blades sliced them to bits. He stops sharpening the blades, and puts one of them against a finger, testing it. Without even having to apply pressure, the blade splits the small scales on the finger, digging slightly into the soft flesh beneath. Draknik pulls the blade away. "Perfect" he hisses, and exits the room, putting the blades into their sheaths at the sides of his legs. He walks around the ship, until he picks up the scent of multiple creatures. He follows it to the mess hall. "Thissss place ssstinksss of pelts. Why wasss I not informed of such fun?" Draknik says to Derek, James, and Kit, a tooth filled grin across his face that would frighten a Devoranian.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

AtlasZeth
Merchant

#13 Post by AtlasZeth »

Synera was in her quarters, making a few alterations to her stealth field generator. Figuring she had done enough for the time being, she strapped it to her waist and engaged it, turning almost completely invisible. She then went out to the mess hall. She had not taken much time yet to talk to her companions on the ship, and thought she'd see what they were like before introducing herself. Still cloaked, she went over to one of the corners of the room and started to lean against the wall to watch how things play out.
Shovels are for holes! Holes are for corpses!

FoxBlood
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by FoxBlood »

Kit and Snug both looked at Drakinik at the same time, bacon hanging from their mouths, and as if nothing to think of him turned back to eating their breakfast.

BlueRogue
Merchant
Location: Standing on the border between the worlds of the Light and the Dark

#15 Post by BlueRogue »

After all his maintenance was complete Aun'Kor left his room and headed to the mess to get some breakfast. When he arrived he nodded at everyone as he started to gather up his meal "Good morning all." After he filled his plate he sat down across from the blue Cornerian who had a fox eating next to him "Hello sir, is that your fox? He's a cute little guy to be sure but I find it slightly strange to have a pet on board a starship. Not that I have a problem with it but starships can be a dangerous place for small animals."
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."