A Pirates War {SIGN UPS OPEN}

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Jigajig
Templar

Re: A Pirates War {SIGN UPS OPEN}

#16 Post by Jigajig »

I look at the compass then at the map. Afew marks were on it on islands in the surrounding area. Ten miles away was Port Umakaer. Three miles away was a small island. "Raise the sails Griggs." "AYE Captain! Griggs rushed off and began to raise the sails along with the rest of the crew. I spun the wheel aeound and the ship glided to the left. "SAIL HO!" I wheeled around. "Great"

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by TheNewGirl »

Captain Sarah Black:

She throws hdad back and laughs out loud.

"you actually think I'm smart enough to be doin some fancy poisonin tricks? Oh, I'm flattered!"

Then, abruptly turning serious, she wheels about and begins barking orders for the ship to "haul to starboard, boys, we ain't wastin any more time that coulda been spent in the pub!"

((okay- I just was makin sure. And of course, Captain Black operates underthe assumption that she is the least-armed person present. Which is why she needs MOAR knives! Lol))
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

Jigajig
Templar

#18 Post by Jigajig »

I grabbed the telescope from the woman next to me. I looked through it and saw the ship. "Hmm Navy ship. Great.." "Orders Captain..?" I turned to face the woman next to me. "Get the cannons ready and man them" I looked back at the ship. "Hmm about ten cannons on each side.. but alot more men it seems. Better blast it out of the water before it reaches us."

I pointed at the two front cannons. "Man those as well. We can use the range as an advantage" I strode down to the deck. "Distance Griggs?" "About three klicks sir!" "Ay"

I rolled up the map and went into my room and shoved it into a small chest along with the compass. I ran back out. "In range sir!" "FIRE!" The two front cannons fired sending two cannonballs flying at the Navy ship.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#19 Post by Lordlyhour »

James sleeps contentedly through the start of the additional cannonfire, through his pet Salamander Brisk's Explosive Flatulance on Imbibing the Alchohol that'd been left out for him and through His men returning to the ship and Teeth giving the order to sail out of this rather violent island. What he doesn't sleep through, however, is Riddlemourne sliding of his shelf and landing on his head, Hilt first, leaving him with a bruise and a headache. Still drunk, he glares at Riddlemourne, picks it up and staggers out to the deck, narrowly avoiding stepping on Brisk. He leans on the mast, looking at the firefight between the navy vessle and the other ship. he sighs "no Riddlemourne, i don't care if you want to join in. I'm sleepy and drunk. and our ship'd get damaged, meaning i'd have to stay here. which means we couldn't go about reaching your goal, could we?" He smirks and watches the Doomed Navy ship. One less that he'd have to deal with
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Nazo laughed, so far he'd only seen navy ships, but no pirates. He sat down and began sharpening his word not really caring for the fact that there where more navy ships coming.

(sorry for the short post, kinda short on timel)
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21 Post by tony1695 »

Andre watched as the human's vessel went in a different direction. He then watched as a ship was essentially chased out of the port by naval vessels.

You don't see that every day...

As soon as the Renard docked, he jumped off lightly and his crew started unloading.

I'm off to find someone we can sell this to. Keep an eye out for anything.

He set off.

((He's speaking in French right now.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Jigajig
Templar

#22 Post by Jigajig »

I smile in satisfaction as the target was hit. Silence and then sudden explosions ripped across the ship. "Seems a keg was hit" I smirked. Screams carried across the air as shrapnel flew ripping people apart. I glanced through the telescope. "There still coming?" The ship glided at us and would soon be along side us. "PREPARE FOR BOARDERS!" I drew my flintlocks and rushed to the side of the deck.

The navy ship was apon us now and suddenly their cannons fired. I stumble as the ship was hit and I could hear cries below. "FIRE!" Our cannons thundered sending the grapeshot, beehive, shrapnel shells and chainshot. "FIRE IN SALVO DAMMIT!" Both ships cannons fired. I aimed and fired my flintlocks and smiled hitting two men square in the heads. Grappels and planks appeared and soon the Navy ships men were coming for us.

Smoke plumed shrouding the ships. Anyone watching would have a hard time seeing.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#23 Post by redundant_redundant »

Shaymis sniffed the salty wind and ordered his ship to unfurl its sails.
his crew didn't have much to do, just cleaning and fighting, t'was the
life they all had dreamed for: the freedom of the blue and the ease of
gold through their fingers. He smiled and held up his arm, letting his
Sea-Crow, named Tritus, perch their. on the horizon, he saw a ship (jiga-jigs)
and yelled to the sails. "Plot course. Move."
He pointed to the HMS bloodsucker, and the ships anchors began to
accend on their rusted, barnacel incrusted chains. Shaymis smiled
as the fog rolled in around the fighting ships. "flank them
and roll with the chainshots, rip the mast from their ship. grape shot the deck
and then we'll board and slaughter. Remember lads, Dead men tell
no tales."
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#24 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Selan Waverunner looked up at the bright afternoon sun and sighed. He liked the rain far better than this unyielding sun. His gaze lowered, slowly traveling over his beloved Hal'Rim. Her sails billowed in the brisk wind, and her pennant, the banner of the Thalian government, flew proudly over his ship. His ship. No longer did he have to bow to royalty, or not rob such and such a ship because it would offend an ally. His crew worked busily, swabbing and maintaining the ship as needed.

"OY! CAPTAIN! THERE'S A BATTLE GOING ON NEAR PORT UMAKAER, ABOUT FOUR SHIPS, MAYBE MORE! ORDERS?" Yelled Trask, his demi-human eagle lookout.

"Well, we don't want to scratch the new paint, now do we? There's no profit in shooting up random honest pirates and sailors, let's just watch this battle play out and perhaps... rescue any loot that is left behind." Replied Selan, grinning widely.

The Hal'Rim turned swiftly, broadside facing the port, crewmembers eagerly watching through spyglasses, binoculars, or far-seeing eyes, grinning themselves, Trask keeping a lookout for anyone trying to ambush the Hal'Rim.

The carefully carved statue of Nirvana on the prow, goddess of Thalian sailors, seemed to smile slightly as well.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#25 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Looks like Nazo's day wasn't bad after all. Ya his best friend had just died but he'd now destroyed the west part of Umakaer. After a while all ships sent after him him where either at the bottem of the sea, or their way there. Nazo looked at his crew and smiled.
My fine friends, we have just obliterated West Umakaer! We even showed up their navy! I say tonight we celebrate! All the booze you want, or until you pass out and hit the floor! Nazo yelled over everyone.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#26 Post by Lordlyhour »

James sighs, shouts an order and waits until the ship has turned, before launching a barrel of burning tar at the Bloodsucker (I doubt its HMS Bloodsucker, unless it was stolen from the navy HMS meaning His/her majesties' ship, after all), hoping to make the main cause of the battle (in his eyes) go away so he could get some sleep. Riddlemourne glowed appreciatively against his side. Either one or the other of this odd pair were going to get their way tonight, and James had a sneaking suspicion it would be Riddlemourne. He also suspected Riddlemourne had more than a little influence over his desicion. however, it did mean he'd get the chance to feed Riddlemourne and to see the Beautiful sight of the meeting of air, fire, earth and water that came about when a ship sank. Sure, maybe it would be his own, but he'd always wondered what drowning would be like
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#27 Post by redundant_redundant »

Shaymis smiled and yelled his orders as ship pulled along side the navy ships.
"Level the chainshots. Fire!" the two cannon balls whirled
through the air and ripped a lesser mast from james' ship, followed by their twins.
the main mast was too thick for the linked balls of iron, but that's what the grape
shots where for: destroying deck and sails alike. "Poke 'em full of
'oles, lads!"
He smiled as his crew responded by aiming at the remaining
sails and doing just that, poking 'em "full of 'oles." "Ready to
board at my command."
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

Jigajig
Templar

#28 Post by Jigajig »

(His father stole it ten years before he died from the Navy)

Dex growled as a barrel of tar suddenly slammed into the ship. "[censored] put that fire out dammit!" Dex shouted. Smoke started to appear as flintlocks went off from all directions. Dex grabbed a border and headbutted him and kicked him over the side. He laughed drawing his sword putting his flintlocks away. "Time to get messy!" He whispered to himself as he ran across a plank to the Navy ship shoving his sword into a mans gut as he went.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#29 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Selan's crew were betting on which pirate ships would last the longest, and which naval ships would live the longest. Money flowed back and forth, but discipline stayed tight, as the crew knew that at any second a ship could appear over the horizon and engage them.

Selan pulled a flask of purified water and sipped lightly, watching the ships battle needlessly with a slight smile on his face. I would bet fifty gold coins that these pirates had no reason to fight besides wounded prides and rum. Fools like these give us a bad name. He thought.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

BlueRogue
Merchant
Location: Standing on the border between the worlds of the Light and the Dark

#30 Post by BlueRogue »

Vyse looked on as the battle continued to grow and become more chaotic. He did not want to get involved in such a pointless fight, but that did not mean he could ignore it, he was on constant lookout of anything coming he way. "Pirates, I'll never understand their breed, they dissolve into violence at the drop in the hat. They have no real morals do they." he called back to his crew "Hurry up with the unloading, I'll keep an eye out for now. Oh, Aika, Fina, if we do get attack I want you two to back me up when we strike back, everyone else can just head into town." He may not want to get involved but he would if he had too.
"Life is what you make of it so stop complaining and do what you can to make it great."

"You have to learn to laugh at yourself, it's the only thing that protects your sanity."