Rogue

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

Rogue

#1 Post by Kisuke »

Inside Chronos Headquarters:

As the members, or Numbers, of Chronos sat down at the meeting table, the large plasma screen television at the end of the table turned on. It flickered to life and a shadowy figure appeared on the screen. “I have assembled you here today because the government has requested your help with a serious matter. As you all should have heard, a group of Sweepers has gone rogue and started attacking other Sweepers. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find and eliminate them. The government is offering a suitable payment to those of you who accept this job. The report in front of you has all the details you’ll need.” A silver haired woman with a ‘I’ tattooed on her left shoulder stood up and the television quickly switched off. “I understand that he said it was up to your own discretion, but I’m going to decide who goes and who stays. We can’t afford to have all of our agents deployed at once.” She walked around the table once, looking at the faces of each of the assassins before her. Once she reached her seat again she spoke up again. “Numbers II, III, V, VII, VIII, and X, you shall be the ones to handle this matter. You six are dismissed to go and prepare for the mission.” She waved her hand and everyone that was chosen walked outside the meeting room carrying the mission statement.

Once out in the hallway, Hunter flipped open the report and quickly skimmed through it, stopping once he reached the page on their leader, Catalina. As he read through her file, he couldn’t help but feel a bit sympathetic, but a job was a job, and she needed to be eliminated.

Meanwhile, in Dover:

Catalina stood in front of a group of people, who all shared the same ideals, and spoke about the work they were doing. “Because of us, a lot more Sweepers have taken on a no-kill policy. That’s a good result of this, but still, the majority of them continue to kill meaninglessly. We can’t have that.” She paced back and forth, then turned and faced them again. “Now, I’m aware that we’ve drawn some unwanted attention, and because of that, we may soon face some enemies who wish to stop us. Now, I’ll understand if some of you wish to leave our group for fear of facing those enemies, and if you do, I have nothing against you.” One man, who seemed extremely nervous once she mentioned the attention they were receiving, spoke out. “I-I have a wife and kids to take care of…” He slowly backed away from the group then bowed to Catalina. “I-I’m sorry…” He then turned and walked away from the group, causing a few others, in similar situations, to follow. Catalina stood and watched them leave, then looked back at the remaining people. “Well, it seems we have lost a good portion of our members, but I won’t let that stop us. I know of a few Sweepers in this area that still kill senselessly, let’s get out there and take them down.” She sighed and then stepped down from the raised platform she was on. I just hope that they don’t call Chronos on us… I don’t know if we can handle them.

Alleycat
Templar Master

Re: Rogue

#2 Post by Alleycat »

Steel nodded when I listed his number off, and as he left the room he scanned over the profile. He felt a little twinge of doubt when he read over the file. It seemed that the rogue sweepers had it right. A job was a job though. Steel quietly shut the portfolio.

"Time for some reconnaissance then."

As Catalina left the podium, Daniel intercepted her. "You know that we can do this. We've already done great things, and a few lost does nothing the hurt the many we still have. I will stand with you, and we will stop this corruption." Daniel paused and laughed. "Listen to me, I sound so dark and gloomy!"
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#3 Post by y7h65 »

Art', Joan's POB
Art stood up and stretched before s/he went up to Catalina, Joan tailing slightly behind him/her, lugging a single large suitcase and a laptop bag. "Yes... it seem's we're all in agreement.......... Is there any targets..... that we can take out?" Art' spoke in a heavily modulated gender neutral tone.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Volgaia »

When the members of Chronos were dismissed from their meeting, Clint immediately grabbed the portfolio in front of him and left the room. As he walked down the hallway, he took a closer look at the profiles that were inside the document, speaking to himself. "Daniel Thompson, long-range sniper. Art Darby the subject's known equipment and arms suggests proficiency at mid-range combat. Tyrell Castle, preference to close range combat and ambushes; uses knives to strike in melee as well as from a distance. Catalina Erickson, supposed leader of the rogue sweeper group. Highly proficient with various types of weaponry; engage in a manner appropriate to current weapon selection." Clint kept reviewing the various profiles until he entered his private chambers. On his bed were his Volgue, as well as the plating for his boots. He sat down and equipped himself, securing the plates as tightly as possible as well as making sure that the blades of the Volgue were disengaged. As Clint gripped his weapons, there was a knock on his door.

"Hey Three, I'm coming in." Without any affirmation from Clint's side, a young man, probably in his early twenties, enters the room, leaning on the door frame. "Well look at you Three, you're ready to go so quickly?" Clint sighed, What is it Nine? And for god's sake, why can't you just call me Clint? I swear this is the fourth time I've told you." "Oh yeah, sorry about that. Anyways, I'm not here on any business. I just want to make sure you're ready for this." "Why would I not be?" Clint responded gruffly, "I've taken out enough spies, and politicians to make a serial killer seem friendly." Nine's smile quickly retreated, "You should know better than to take me for a fool. These people aren't like that. They're sweepers, just like you were at one point." "Hmph, and you think that makes a difference now? I'll use whatever force necessary to neutralize them." Nine shrugged, "Do you really mean that, or are you just telling me what I want to hear?" he said as he walked out the door, disappearing from sight. Clint sighed as he finished preparing himself, grabbing his phone. "Does that [censored] ever make sense?"

----------

Tyrell was watching Catalina finish her speech, casually twirling a knife between his fingers. 'Well that wasn't the most assuring or motivating speech ever.' He made sure to note of the people who left for various reasons; They needed every able-bodied person they could, the deserters didn't help things too much. 'We'll just have to make due for now, maybe later we can find some more people.' Tyrell noticed a few sweepers approach Catalina. "Hmmm... good thinking, I should probably ask for some info about where we're headed." AS he walked over, he heard Daniel talking. He couldn't help but laugh. "Damn straight you're sounding gloomy. Maybe we should do something about that." He grinned, and then Art spoke up. "You know, you make a good point there buddy. Hey Cat, where exactly are we gonna be headed?" While asking this, Tyrell carefully started to balance a knife on the tip of his finger.
[Under Construction... Again]

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Kisuke »

Hunter quietly moved down the hall and into his quarters. He moved to his closet and grabbed his black coat, slipping it on as he crossed to the other side of the room. There, hanging on the wall, was Tenebrae, it's black blade and chain faintly glimmering in the light of the room. He quickly snatched it from it's perch then stepped back out into the hallway, his scythe gripped firmly in his right hand. Hunter turned south and made his way towards Chronos' hangar, where their transport was waiting.

-------------

Cat looked up at the people who had approached her and smiled. She was thankful that those that stayed still had faith in her. She lead them over to a table where several wanted posters and a map of the city were laid out. "The only thing I know about our targets for sure is that they prefer to go for the high profile bounties." She gestured to the wanted posters on the table, "now these are the people with the highest bounties on their heads in the area. My contact here told me the last known location of three of them: here" she circled an apartment complex on the south side of town, "here," she circled a bar a few kilometers east of where they were, "and here," finally, she circled a hotel on the north side of town. "Again, these locations are the last known locations of those bounties, but I'd bet my life that our guys are on their trail. So, find the bounty, find the target."

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#6 Post by Duo Barton »

Deck streched as he looked at the list. He didn't like the idea but he would need an informant on the majority of the names. He would need to talk to Tara (my informant charie i will make later). Of course, that also meant seeing his sister. Oh well, he decided he'd risk her stabbing him throught the palm...again. He looked at the other numbers.

"Anyone feel like teaming up to take on multiple targets in one swoop? I know where to get some quality information."
Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Never Look Back.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#7 Post by y7h65 »

Art', Joan's POV
Art nodded as s/he inspected the map. Joan shifted from behind Art', opened up her laptop, and started typing something, only to look up after a while. "Any additional info on the marks?" Art' nodded affirmatively and turned to the rest of the sweepers. "Yes.... additional information.... would be nice. On both....... if possible....."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

RajinGeki
Council Member

#8 Post by RajinGeki »

Zero

Zero walked into the room and noticed a small group was left from the ones leaving. His kusari gama klinked a little on his right hip as he walked. "Is this the group that hunts the fallen sweepers? Or did I go through the wrong door?" He said in a cold and almost nonhuman voice as he stood by the door.
Image Image

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Kisuke »

"Yeah, hold on a sec... I have their pictures around here somewhere.." Catalina rummaged through a bag beside the table for a moment then produced two pictures of the Sweepers they were after. "Here we go. These are the guys we're looking for. The black-haired one is Dimitri Wolfe, and the other one is Matthew Delgado. All we know for sure is that these are our guys, and that they're somewhere in this city." Cat went on to explain her plan, not noticing the man who had just walked in. "Now, I suggest we split off into three groups and follow the leads on the bounties we have. Chances are good that we'll find one, if not both of them. Any objections?"

-------

Hunter arrived in the hangar and saw the Chronos helicopter, a solid black HH-60 Pave Hawk, sitting on the helipad with the pilot waiting in the cockpit. Hunter quietly climbed aboard and took a seat after placing Tenebrae on the weapons rack affixed over his head. As he waited, he pulled out the mission report again and began reading about the other members.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#10 Post by y7h65 »

Art',Joan's POV
Joan typed some more stuff and nodded affirmatively towards Art'. Art' nodded back and turned to the rest of the group "Yes....... we have no........ more inquires........ just assign us.... a third member. Make sure........... he doesn't get..... in our way..."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Alleycat
Templar Master

#11 Post by Alleycat »

Daniel nodded as the plan was laid out, and listened as Art and Catalina talked.
"I could join. I don't think I would get in the way, considering my specialization."
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#12 Post by Duo Barton »

Deck was wondering if anyone had heard him so he said it again,

"I know a reliable source of information.Anyone want to team up for multiple hits at one him."

He pulled out his cards and began doing tricks with them as he waited for a response and thought to himself.

Even if they don't believe in the use of street sources, I believe that they are much more reliable than the ones here in Chronos.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

RajinGeki
Council Member

#13 Post by RajinGeki »

Zero looked around as nobody heard him. [Guess I am a little bit good at stealth] He overheard a little of the conversation on plans to take out some of the fallen. "Is there room for me in your group to take on these assignments? I thought I would find new comrades here to stop those that have fallen." he said aloud so someone would turn his way.
Image Image

Duo Barton
Council Member

#14 Post by Duo Barton »

Deck decided to let his question hang in the air. He began moving toward the transport. He didn't like having to call on his sister like this but it was necessary. He continued playing with his cards as heboarded the transport.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Kisuke »

Hunter looked to Deck, who had just boarded the craft, and nodded at him. The pilot in the cockpit checked the gauges then looked back into the passenger compartment. "I know that you're not my only passengers today, where the heck's everyone else?" Hunter merely looked out into the hangar at the door leading inside, "slow." The pilot groaned and rolled his eyes, then pulled out a magazine and began reading while waiting for everyone else.