Avatar: Tale Of A Mad King IC (Signups OPEN)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Optix
Grand Templar

Avatar: Tale Of A Mad King IC (Signups OPEN)

#1 Post by Optix »

((If you're in the group from the start then you're with Koen near Omashu, if you're not in the group then feel free to start out anywhere, though in or near Omashu will result in you joining the group sooner))

((Also, THIS is a wall of text for anyone interested))

=====3 years ago, Ba-Sing-Se Throne Room=====

King Haru sat on his throne, his advisors and his military commanders arrayed in front of him. The king had called them all here for a reason, he had a goal that he wanted to accomplish through careful planning and the highest secrecy possible. 
King Haru briefed his advisors and military commanders on what he was wanting to accomplish - the conquering of the other 3 nations to expand the living space of the Earth Kingdom to all the earth in the world. 
The throne room was so silent that you could have heard a pin drop, not one of the people in the room had a single objection to the plan. Then suddenly the room broke out into a round of applause, all the advisors and commanders applauding the king's plan. 
King Haru went on to explain the intricacies of his plan, including how nobody outside this room was to hear a single word about the plan. Haru then gave his advisors their instructions, to begin spreading propaganda about the superiority of the Earth Kingdom over the other nations. Then Haru gave his military commanders their instructions, to begin preparations in secret for the launching of a full scale invasion and the arresting of any who were non-Earth Benders or spoke out against the superiority of the Earth Kingdom. 
Soon after, the throne room was empty save for King Haru. He smiled evilly and cackled to himself. 

=====Current Day, Ba-Sing-Se Throne Room=====

King Haru held a meeting with his advisors and military commanders, checking on the progress of the plan that they had set into action 3 years ago now. 
His advisors reported that the propaganda campaign was going splendidly. Most of the populace had been converted to believe what the campaign had told them. 
Then the military commanders reported. The military was ready for an invasion, they had the men fully trained and the tanks and boats prepared. The only problem came from the lack of space left in the prisons around the Earth Kingdom. More were being constructed, but were still a little bit away from completion. There were a lot of people being thrown in jail every day for speaking out against the Earth Kingdom's superiority. 

=====Current Day, Somewhere near Omashu=====

Koen woke from his nights' sleep. He looked around himself and took in his surroundings to make sure everything was as it was before he had went to sleep last night. 
The fire was still burning, though it was down to mere smoldering embers now. The others were just waking up themselves, so it saved Koen from having to wake them up this morning. 
He eased himself out of his bed roll, making his way slowly to the pile of wood nearby his bed roll. He grabbed a few logs and went to sit by the fire, slowly adding logs to the fire and getting it back up and burning strongly again. 

After getting the fire burning strongly, Koen made his way to the edge of the groups' camp to practice his earth bending like he did every morning. 
Koen took his slightly modified Sei Ping Ma stance, which was lower to the ground than others. He then slowly raised his arms up from his hips, his palms open and pointing up, his eyes open and his breathing slow and deep. As he raised his arms up a large slab of rock, roughly 6 feet cubed, dislodged from the ground around it and hovered comfortably 10 feet in the air. 
After a minute, Koen moved his arms out to his sides, splitting the rock into two halves. One half he held in the air still, the other half he rotated sideways, lowered and stepped onto before raising it up level with the other  rock. 
Koen then casually stepped across to the other rock and turned the one he was just standing on to dust, which he let fall to the ground. 
He then moved himself into a Yee Gee Kim Yueng Ma stance and raised small portions of the rock he was on to cover his feet and secure himself for what he was going to do next. Without any warning, the rock flipped 180 degrees and Koen ended up upside down to practice bending like this. 
He slowly altered the earth beneath him, moving the landscape to cover over the hole he had made pulling out the initial slab of rock. The hole was filled perfectly within seconds, nobody would even know there was a hole there unless they'd seen it with their own eyes. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

shinaki81
New Citizen
Location: thinking about my special someone :) Aka : Optix haha

Re: Avatar: Tale Of A Mad King

#2 Post by shinaki81 »

Kanin slowly awoke to find Koen standing in the distance, he looked to be upside down. "What in the hell are you doing Koen??" she screamed at him from her sleeping bag. Kanin was cold so she decided it would be best to turn up the heat and started fire bending to keep herself warm as it's a chilly morning in the Earth Kingdom.
As Kanin was walking towards Koen she noticed a rather large hole in the ground and asked Koen, "Hey what you been up too this morning?" with a cheeky grin. :mrgreen:
hearts are broken,
hearts are repaired
but we stil hav the stiches 2 remind us about it

For anyone who's wondering (Shinaki is a type of person- stubborn but brave and loyal...)
BTW.. I am colour RED...
Optix & Shinaki <3 Always babe 2yrs

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Fire, was everywhere. A burning home, three kids running away for their lives. Stopped by slaver. Beaten, beaten for no reason. This was all Nazo saw in his dreams and once again he was dreaming. He woke up and launched a mini fire tornado around himself yelling. As he came to he realized that he set his sleeping bag on fire. He quickly got out of it before it could damage his already beat up armor. He looked at Blackbone who seamed to be still asleep.
"Hm, poor guy. We've walking for..........oh God I lost count of the miles. Oh well. Nazo said as he walked over by where their camp fire.
For some reason Blackbone always loved fire. He'd even once said he hated being a water bender and that he wanted to bend fire. Nazo walked over to him and began to nudge him with his foot. After Blackbone woke up he walked over to their fire, sat down barely one foot away from it and stared into it like it was some type of magic box with moving painting. Nazo sighed and walked over to the map. They were near Omashu.
Hey Nazo do we have any food left? I'm freaking hungry!!! Blackbone asked.
Ya, but we're running really low. We'll have to get some more or we'll starve.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Prometheus »

Nerus
He was still a bit shocked that they were back in the Earth kingdom, and even more so by the fact that he'd made the decision for them to return. He and Victoria were currently riding on a sort of rock skiff he'd made, which he was holding about meter off the ground. It was something he'd learned to do as a child, he'd figured that if he could make rocks fly, why couldn't he do it while he was on them? It'd took some practice, but he'd mastered it a long time ago. "Soooo.... are we there yet?" he heard Victoria ask, and sighed. "If we weren't there 10 seconds ago then why do you think we'd be there now?" "Uh, because I can see the [censored] city over that mountain thing? Take some time to enjoy the scenery, blockhead." Huh, she was actually right this time. He could see the tip of Omashu over the rocky outcropping in front of them. After having almost crashed into said outcropping, he brought the skiff back down to the ground. "We'll be walking from here. There weren't any soldiers on the way we came, but you can be sure there will be some around Omashu. Besides, we're looking for some... people..." he stopped as he came around another outcropping. "Well, that was certainly easy." he said, seeing some of the people they were looking for. "Come on, Victoria, you've got... Really?" she was nowhere to be seen. He walked back to the skiff, and found her still laying down. "Dont make me launch you off of that thing. We need to go." she grumbled at him before sitting up. "if you try I'll burn your [censored] face off." "Fine, fine" he replied, putting his hand up in defeat. "[censored]" he muttered as he walked away, having resolved to let her sleep. "And damn proud!" For now. "Hey, Koen! Kanin!" he called out as he came aroun some rock jutting out of the hard ground."How have you been?"
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Hiroshi lazily opened an eye, and wished he hadn't. 'People are already yelling? Don't they know some of us enjoy our sleep?' With a groan, he pulled of his light, sand colored blanket, stood, and waited. Slowly, a good few pounds of sand and dust began to leak out of his loose clothing. Hiroshi the proceeded to turn his head sideways and knock a few more grains out like someone with water in their ear. He didn't mind the sand, he'd grown up with it after all, but Hiroshi just couldn't figure out why it seemed to accumulate around him, even when he didn't necessarily want it to. 'Maybe it's just that sand likes me.' he thought, but deep in his heart, he knew the truth. Hiroshi was homesick, and the sand reminded him of the life he once had, even if he didn't agree with it's rules. *Sigh* "No use worrying about the past though" he says, and begins to repack his gear. Once the task is done, he walks over to Kanin who is, as usual, flirting with Koen. Every time Hiroshi saw Koen, he couldn't help but laugh a little; he looked like a tiny little badger-mole! "Mornin' guys" he says, smiling. "I see we have a newcomer?" referencing towards Nerus. "Welcome!"
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Optix
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Optix »

Koen was shocked out of his concentration when Kanin yelled at him. The rock he was on dropped towards the ground until he regained control and stopped the rock from falling with his head half an inch from the ground.
Before responding to Kanin he set the rock down and hopped off it so that he didn't end up squashed against the ground, "Hey Kanin. Just been doing the same thing as every morning. Practicing my bending while trying not to kill myself when people yell at me. And why are you fire bending? There's a perfectly good fire back at the camp."

Koen then spun around as Nerus rounded the corner, "Hey Nerus, good to see you're back. Where's Victoria? Still sleeping?"

And then Hiroshi was awake as well, "Oh morning Hiroshi. I suppose introductions are in order then. Hiroshi, this is Nerus.",Koen says, pointing to Nerus.
Then he turns to Nerus again and points to Hiroshi, "Nerus, this is Hiroshi. We met him at the edge of the desert while he was near death."
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Prometheus »

Nerus
"Yep, still sleeping. I'd rather keep my hair." He put a hand to his head, making sure it wasn't on fire. How in the hell did we ever end up as friends? "Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Hiroshi, as he said, my name's Nerus. A sandbender, right?" He bowed, glad to have finally met one. "I've tried it a few times, but the most I can do is use it to propel myself." Maybe the man would teach him some of his art in exchange for instruction in something else. "You know, she's probably asleep by now." he said, looking back at where he'd landed the skiff. As he did, a smile crossed his face. He used what limited ability he had to "see" with his feet, something he'd heard about in an ancient story, and put a high wall of rock around where Victoria was. "Heh, there, now nothing can get to her while she's defenseless." He laughed a little before sighing. "Yep, I'm dead. So, do you have any food? My companion apparently ate all of ours."
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Nazo looked at the camp site, the fire bothered him. Just as he was about to sit down and relax Blackbone started talking. again.
I think someone is flying. He said looking up in the sky.
Nazo laughed, he'd never heard of people that could fly.
It's just a bird. Either that or you're crazy! Nazo said.
He made sure he wasn't to close to the fire. He was about three yards away from it, it just bothered him what fire could do. Nazo stood up and grabbed walked over to the fire with a sack full of water. He poured the water onto the fire and gave it to Blackbone.
Lets go, we need to get to Omashu soon. Nazo said and looked around once more.
Blackbone started to complain alittle but got up and dusted off his clothes. They began to walk down an old rocky trail they found, After a quick turn the saw Omashu.
You think they have a place that has a bed? I'm tired of sleeping on the ground!
You know for someone your age you sound like you're like six. Nazo said in annoyance.
I have the mind of a child. Blackbone said with a smile.

(Nazo doesn't know about airbenders)
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Avatar: Tale Of A Mad King IC (Signups closed temporarily)

#9 Post by y7h65 »

Aeon's POV
Aeon pitched his Hat and looked out over the horizon. Omashu was beyond in sight. He felt some weight shift towards the tip of his hat. Looking up, he saw Dave perched on the hat, looking down at him, as if to say 'Are we there yet?'. Aeon chuckled at the sight. "Not yet my friend. We'll be there in a few hours. Just hide yourself somewhere for now." The hamster squeaked and then hid itself in a corner of his armor. The pair shuffled towards the city. A few hours later, they entered the city.

(OOC: Gave my guy a hat. Can't have a rōnin without a bamboo hat.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

shinaki81
New Citizen

#10 Post by shinaki81 »

Kanin looked over at Koen, sticking her tongue out the side of her mouth, "Koen I'm fire bending because the fire YOU made last night was [censored], and anyway we all know that I am the master of fire bending!"

She then looked over towards Nerus, idly juggling the fire she had bended between her hands, "Nice to finally see you Nerus, I'm guessing Victoria is the nice looking lady behind that giant rock of yours?"
Not waiting for an answer, Kanin walked around the corner, curious to meet a fellow firebender in Victoria.
hearts are broken,
hearts are repaired

For anyone who's wondering (Shinaki is a type of person- stubborn but brave and loyal...)
BTW.. I am colour RED...

Optix
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Optix »

Koen smiled and looked in the general direction of Victoria while answering Nerus, "Why does it not surprise me in the slightest Nerus. You always seem to be out of food due to that girl. And yeah, we've got some small amounts of food left, but it's mostly scraps. We were planning on resupplying in Omashu before we leave the area. You're more than welcome to what we have left."

Then he heard a person scream from above and looked up to see an airbender falling towards the group. With a casual stomp of his left foot, Koen bent a slab of ground up over their heads.
The slab of ground resembled a helicopter pad with a ramp, roughly 6 feet square. More than large enough for any half decent airbender to land on safely.

He then turned to see Kanin walking off towards the sleeping Victoria and yelled out after her, "Well maybe the fire last night would've been decent if the master firebender had actually helped make it!"

shinaki81
New Citizen

#12 Post by shinaki81 »

"Good morning Hiroshi, I didn't see you there did you sleep well? What are you thinking about? What do you think about our new friends? Isn't the rock they brought with them pretty?" as usual Kanin was asking questions and a lot of them.

"Not a problem Koen!" Kanin yelled back as she sneakily threw a miniature fire ball his way with a nasty grin.

"Wakey wakey Victoria." Kanin yelled in Victoria's direction hoping to get a reaction out of her, "Do you think she'll be awake within the next couple of hours Nerus? I wanna have some fun."
hearts are broken,
hearts are repaired

BTW.. I am colour RED...

Optix
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Optix »

Predictable Kanin. Make a smart [censored] comment and get a fireball thrown at your head. Koen thought, as he moved his head 2 inches to the left, causing the fireball to pass by his head just far enough away that it didn't singe his fur.
He laughed a bit before calling out after Kanin, "You know that I always dodge that fireball but you still throw it at me anyway. I find that cute."
He then proceeded to stick his tongue out at Kanin, further reinforcing the intended humor in his voice.
Good one Koen, I'm sure she'll find that absolutely hilarious..... right after she turns your fur black from flames.

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Prometheus »

((OOC If the cussing's too much, I'll dial it back, but that's Victoria.))
Nerus
"Kanin, really, heh, please just let her sleep. Oh god, I'm dead if she...""NERUS!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS YOU [censored] [censored]!?!?!? LET ME OUT RIGHT NOW SO I CAN KILL YOU, YOU PEICE OF [censored] [censored]!!!!!!!" "Wakes up. Don't tell her where I went, I want to let her calm down before she sees me." he laughed ruefully. "Even so I'll probably still lose some hair." He said, and made a hole in the ground before bringing down the wall. He jumped in and closed the top of the hole just as she came storming around the rock.

Victoria
That little [censored] was gonna die. At the very least she'd make him bald. She almost smiled, seeing the little [censored] with a charred head. But right now she was too pissed to do anything. She came around the rock with fire in each hand, ready to burn something. She stopped when she saw Koen though, as she hadn't been expecting him to be one of the people that son of a [censored] had been looking for. But that wasn't the issue. "NERUS YOU [censored] WHERE THE [censored] ARE YOU!!!!" she yelled in frustration, then walked over to Koen. "Okay, I KNOW you know where he is. So, why don't you tell me, and everything will be alright, got it?" she held out an open hand with fire in it, implying that he should tell her.
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Optix
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Optix »

Koen looked over to the airbender once he'd landed safely, stomping his foot to get rid of the landing pad he'd created, "Not a problem. It's nice to meet you Jakob, I'm Koen. The others are Kanin, Hiroshi, Nerus and Victoria.", pointing to them each as he says their names, ironically just before Nerus jumped into a hole.

Right after the introductions, Koen is confronted by Victoria with fireballs in each hand. Ummm don't really want burnt fur but don't really want to tell her where he is. What to do? What to do?.......... Got it!
"Victoria, if I had any idea where he'd gone to hide I swear I'd tell you, but I honestly don't know where he is.", he blurts out quickly while pointing to the rough location on the ground that Nerus is hiding under.
No sense in getting on her bad side. Just have to hope she doesn't say I pointed him out.