Shing-Fei Tournament IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Shing-Fei Tournament IC

#31 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek raised one eyebrow at how much money was up as a prize. Okay, so lessee... I think I'll aim for third place at minimum. I'll still aim for the top, but third place bare minimum.

Then the old man spoke up. Derek was a bit ticked at how little the man cared about his son, and it showed in how tightly his hands were clenched. "I wonder how much he'd agree with you, you old [censored]."
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Laij
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Laij »

Rakkon stood right behind Derek and saw how Derek's hand were clenched. He chuckled and raised a hand.

"I got a question. What if an... accident occurs and someone dies? Disqualification or will it carry on as nothing happened?"

Rakkon was smiling the entire time he said this, a warm smile despite the fact that he had just made clear that he could very well kill someone.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#33 Post by isstmich »

"in my Experiences here, when one of the..." he takes a long drag on his pipe, and holds it in. "fighters dies, the remaining fights were canceled, an investigation was done." he exhumed the cloud then. " the Killer was found, executed and fighting went on with a new line-up like nothing happened." he put the long pipe back into his mouth and took small drags on it nodding with his eyes closed.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#34 Post by Raphael »

Arin looked at Rakkon coldly "And that just put you as the prime suspect if something happens pal...You pretty much announced what you wanna do."

Suddenly, a woman appeared out of nowhere beside Arin, causing him to jump "GAH!" The woman giggled at his reaction, but responded as if she had been listening all along "Now, now Arin, no need to jump to conclusions, even though he obviously is homicidal." She looked back at Rakkon, grinning as if she knew what he was planning.

Arin, on the other hand, was not too pleased with the woman's arrival "Dammit Aria, why do you always have to just pop up?! Couldn't you just announce yourself or something?" Aria giggled again "But where would the fun be in that son?"

((I wonder how people will react to Aria calling Arin 'son' lol))

Tabby's fur puffed up in anger as she heard Vlar's comments about Issy, impulsively retorting and not even noticing what was going on by Arin "How cruel! Your son was invited to this and you leave him home to get here as some sort of test? That is no way to treat someone, especially if they're family! He earned the right to be here, not you, you heartless old man!" She was growling now, like a pissed off feral wildcat, she clearly didn't like this man.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#35 Post by isstmich »

the sudden arrival of aria startled Vlar and made his heart rate jump slightly, but when tabby snapped at him, Vlar's feline allergen kicked in and his heart rate jumped a noticeable amount to someone in particular.

Back at the Lab, Issy had a sudden pain in his chest as he felt Fear for his father. forgoing the 3 day wait he closed his eyes and focused deeply. the air in the room around him became thick the closer towards Issy you would get. light began to bend and twist noticeable and the room was almost twisted in static. a solid sphere formed around Issy and compressed, returning the room to normal.

The air Around Vlar became suddenly thick, when out of no where the large Creature known as Issy appeared. two wings draped over vlar protectively, and all the claws on each hand, were Fully extended. His mouth wide open and Tongue Hanging down slightly as he hissed indiscriminately at the people that were Closest to Vlar. "LEAVE MY FATHER ALONE!"

Laij
Grand Templar

#36 Post by Laij »

Rakkon's smile grew even wider when he looked at Aria and he took up one of his kusari-gamas (like a flail) and started spinning it around.

"Now, now. You're breaking my heart when you say things like that. It's easy for accidents to happen. A punch can land wrong, a sharp blade can reach the wrong spot. You never know. He gave Aria an appreciating look and chuckled a little. "Aria, was it? It have been a long time since I've seen beuty." He bowed and put down his weapon again. When Issy appeared, he didn't flinch, he just eyed the new arrival with amusement.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by Pyromancer »

Issy's swipe at Tabby was quickly stopped by a short sword getting in the way. Derek, now beside and a step in front of Tabby, locked eyes with what he presumed was the doctor's son. His voice was perfectly calm. "Strike at Tabby one more time, Issy, and you'll be losing whatever body part was doing the striking."

Inside, Derek was seething. The old man had better pray that he only calls Issy his 'son' because he created him, because if he turned his own son into that creature I'll kill him.
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by Raphael »

Aria smiled and snapped her fingers. Rakkon's twirling kama froze in midair, and seemed like it was glued in place. No matter how hard he tried to pull it down, it wouldn't budge from where it was "I'm flattered, but I'm afraid you're not my type." When Issy appeared she was less than surprised, smiling softly at the winged wolf-like being "My, you're a big boy, aren't you child?"

Arin and Tabby both looked at Issy wide eyed, albeit not near each other at the time *That's the old man's fighter? He's huge!* ((synchronized unlinked thoughts ftw))

Optix
Grand Templar

#39 Post by Optix »

((Sorry I haven't been on in the last few days. Been busy with work and uni))

'The Man' turned to Rakkon, "I would suggest you learn quickly not to miss your target. If you happen to kill somebody you will not enjoy what will happen to you as punishment."

He then looked at the group in general, "The first fight will be randomly generated and the two faces that appear on the large screen above me will be the first two fighters. I will then announce the rules at the commencement of the fight."
He then pointed at the large screen as it flickered to life. 
Faces began showing up in the two boxes, flicking through all the faces of the competitors until each box settled on a different face randomly. 

The two faces both popped up, filling half the screen each. 
'The Man' looked up at the faces and turned to the fighters, "The first fight will be between Derek and Issy. It will take place in 2 hours time so I suggest you go and do whatever rituals you may have now. Or you could go warmup or eat or relax. The choice is yours. Also note, this contest is not elimination as you would presume. All fighters will get multiple fights. The four with the most wins at the end of the first round will compete for the four prize places."
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#40 Post by isstmich »

The claws on Issy's hand retracted pulling over the Edge of Derek's blade. "i did not mean to lash at her, i am sorry. Someone made my father grow..." he rolled his hand over on itself trying to find a word. " fearful, is all i am able to think right now. His heart rate jumped and he felt uncomfortable, i sensed this and came to his aid." his wings retracted and snapped onto his back completely concealed, and he brought his legs together and his arms to his side bowing. " i apologize, i did not mean any harm."

Vlar Thumped his Pipe on Issy's side. "dont speak to the commoners boy, i would hate if they made you weak."

Issy's ear fell, and his gaze shifted down. he didnt raise from his bow and his voice was changed to one filled with regret like if a child was caught stealing a cookie. "yes Father." Issy stood up but kept his head down.

Vlar whipped his pipe in the air and pointed, "go over there and get ready to fight, Boy." Slowly Issy dragged his feet across the arena floor and went over to the designated area, slumping down onto the floor with his back against the wall waiting for the fight to start.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#41 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek sheathed his sword as Issy put away the claws. "I'm not the one you should apologize to." He pointed to Tabby before the old man snapped at Issy. He shot the old man a stern look, then went to follow the strange creature.

He stopped long enough to shoot a glare at the old man from over the shoulder, allowing a hint of the Beast's presence to leak out. Just enough to make everyone there nervous. "Old man, your arrogance and disrespect will be the death of you one day." Given how you treat him, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at your son's hands. The presence disappated as Derek resumed following Issy.

Once they were out of earshot, he sped his walk to be beside the strange anthro. "You shouldn't let him push you around like that, you know." Once he gained Issy's attention he continued. "I don't know if he created you as you are or if he changed you from whatever you were originally, but either way a man like that isn't worth your respect."

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#42 Post by Raphael »

Arin watched Issy's behavior oddly *The kid's so timid, it's kinda sad he has someone like this guy for a 'father'...* When Vlar started talking about everyone else being commoners, he grew angry "Jeeze, that Tabby girl was right, you're a real dick. I may not have had a father of my own, but even I know better than to think a parent would act the way you do."

Aria sighed when she saw Arin growing hot headed "Now, now Arin, calm down or you'll lose control again." She looked at Vlar softly, giving him an almost kind, yet stern look "However, Arin does prove a good point. You may think that your son talking with others may make him weak, but that is quite the opposite. By creating a bond with others, it gives him a reason to fight, more so than just receiving an order. As you have plainly just seen, the will to protect is a lot more powerful than the will to follow an order, which could make him even more determined to win a battle." She waved her finger in the air, smiling still "And just so you know, a real parent supports their offspring, not push them around like a bully."

Arin started giving Aria a cold look "Come on Aria, who's side are you on?!" Aria merely giggled and smiled cutely at Arin "Yours of course, but someone needed to be given a lecture." After hearing Aria's response, he felt a cold chill go down his spine. Turning around, he could sense it was coming from one of the other combatants *What the hell was that?*

isstmich
Grand Templar

#43 Post by isstmich »

Vlar felt a sinister presence and traced it back to the origin point and saw it was coming from Derek. he adjusted his glasses and took a toke from his pipe, trying to decide if the little outburst was worth a response. he decided it wasn't worth it. he listened to Aria speech and nodded from time to time. " i know all these things missy, but they aren't worth a pile beans to me or Him if his mental status cant handle the notion of complex friendships. you see unlike all of you, ive been to this shindig before, with my other 'children' and well Mr. Man will tell you in the third round things got interesting. this is just a Trail so to speak, if it all goes well i can proceed to better things beyond just simple commands, However if Issy's mental state is unable to handle the stress... well that's when i scrape the project and start a new one."

Derek walked over and Issy's ear twitched. when he spoke he slowly look up "hello" he said in a sullen voice, as he looked back down to the floor. With a heavy sigh he responded. "Genetic Spliced creatures, Test tube child growth, modular DNA reconstruction, Cerebral recalibration, and neural inhibitors.... I have no idea of what i was before i was this, and i have no idea who i was, but i know i was grown in a lab in a tube filled with fluid."

Optix
Grand Templar

#44 Post by Optix »

Joseph stood at the back of the group in silence during the introduction and the ensuing argument between Arin, Aria, Vlar, Derek and Tabby. 
It honestly didn't concern him as to whether Issy was or wasn't allowed to talk to the others, though the comment about them all being commoners got on his nerves slightly. 
When the fight was announced Joseph simply nodded and walked off with Izzy to go explore the surrounding area of the island until the match started. 

Hakita stood at the front of the group, staring coldly at 'The Man' the whole time, anger and aggression written clearly on her face. She didn't speak, instead plotting how she was going to get to 'The Man' and kill him with all the guards he'd have around himself and the island. 
Once he disappeared, Hakita stalked off to go find out how many guards there were and how long it took the guards to respond to different areas of the island. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#45 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek glanced over to Issy. "Okay, I don't know what half of what you just said means, but I'm pretty sure it's all beside the point I'm trying to make. Fact is, even if he is your creator that doesn't mean that he shouldn't show you some degree of respect. Also, if he doesn't respect you, why should you respect him? From what I can tell, stuff like that's supposed to go both ways."

At the same time, in the back of his mind he was questioning why he was doing this. He didn't know this person. He had no stake in what happened to him. Why did he care?