Shing-Fei Tournament IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Shing-Fei Tournament IC

#46 Post by Raphael »

Arin was growling angrily at Vlar, he was willing to kill his own creation, without remorse. The old man was beyond cruel or heartless, he might as well be a demon in disguise. His eyes soon began to turn pitch black, and a black aura began to ooze from his body "You [censored]..." He hated this man, and wanted to make an example out of him. As his anger grew, so did the darkness surrounding him.

Tabby's fur began to stand on end, feeling a presence similar to Dereks emanating in the air. She stared at the group nervously, her whole body trembling *And I thought Derek had a weird feeling about him, whoever is doing this is making my whole body shake...*

But when Arin was about to make a move toward the old man, he was stopped by an invisible wall, similar to what was holding Rakkon's kama in the air ((I hope we haven't lost another character, we may need to wait for him)). Aria stepped in front of Arin, staring him down with little to no emotion in her gaze "Arin Delas, calm down at once, or I'll have to take measures of my own."

Arin was flexing his hands open and shut, his breathing rapid at first, but it soon slowed to a steady pace, and his eyes returned to normal. His aura dissipated, and he gave Aria the signal that he was okay, but immediately headed for the arena once the barrier was down "I'm gonna go find a good seat..." Obviously, this was a reason to get away from Vlar. The old man was lucky Aria was there to stop him, because Issy wouldn't have realized what was happening in time if Arin got hold of his 'father' from such a close range

((You gotta admit, that would be true. With Derek distracting him, I doubt Issy would realize it soon enough if he sensed Vlar felt threatened. And with Arin at such a short distance from the old man, his little teleportation trick wouldn't have worked quick enough))

isstmich
Grand Templar

#47 Post by isstmich »

(vlar isnt a helpless old man. lol. not to mention Vlar is in sight range so his teleport would be instant this time.)

Vlar twirled his pipe in his hand and smiled at Aria. "you keep your boy in check almost as good as i do." he chuckled a little and pulled out a bag of tobacco leaf, and began to stuff his pipe. "i thought for a second i might have been in trouble. but you handled him and yourself very well." he put the mouth piece of the pipe in his suck hole and without pulling out a lighter the bowl of the pipe sparked into an ember.

issy looked up to derek. "what it means, is, my Father hand picked every single thing about me, before i was born. he knew what i would look like, how i would act, what i would like, and if i would be a g..." he pauses for a moment quickly changing his mind on what he was about to say. " an admirable son. my Father treats me this way, because he knows how i will react if he does, and it is not an negative one so he will continue with being himself. i am also full away of the fact respect being a two way street, but when your in the same car you both go the same direction." he smiled and tilted his head a little. before sniffing the air briefly. "oh i wish he would not smoke so much."

Optix
Grand Templar

#48 Post by Optix »

Those walking towards The Arena would encounter one slight problem at the entrances. They were all locked with signs reading 'Arena currently under construction. Will be advised when ready.'

Joseph had quickly found the cafeteria and sat himself infront of the buffet, loading a plate full of food and eating it without coming up for breath. Yes, he's an android but eating is good for appearances. 
Izzy sat with him but restrained herself to eating normal quantities of food. 
The pair didn't speak at all, instead waiting until after the first fight so they knew what to expect. 

Hakita was in the living quarters for the competitors. There were several important and expensive looking items under glass covers that would most likely be alarmed. 
Hakita searched for the most expensive looking item and removed it from it's pedestal, setting off the alarm and quickly running to hide in a nearby room, listening for footsteps. 
About five minutes later the sound of padding boots could be heard running to the area, and 2 minutes later could be heard walking away from the area. 
Hakita emerged when the guards had left and made her way towards the arena, now knowing that she would have a small window, but it'd be more than enough. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#49 Post by Raphael »

Aria stood silently as she listened to Vlar, looking back at him calmly, yet disapprovingly "Don't take this personally, but under different circumstances I would have let him give you a thrashing first before keeping him in check. And do not put my actions in the same category as yourself, unlike you, I care about the well-being of my child ((despite looking like she could be his older sister instead >w<)) and show compassion towards him when he becomes out of control." She spun to face him "You Mr. Sarus ((OMG she knows his last name XD)) are nothing like me. If your child becomes out of control, you are willing to terminate him, without remorse no less. I disapprove of people like you, who treat humanity as nothing but one big science project. Life is something you should cherish, not [censored] with experiments and throw it away if something goes wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself." She paced her way past Vlar, not even speaking until she was several meters behind him and heading for the mess hall "Good day..."

Arin, on the other hand, noticed a lot of commotion going on near the residence halls, but what caught his eye more was the samurai girl making her way toward a different section of the arena *I wonder what she's up to...* He began to tail her, being as silent as he possibly could be.

Tabby sighed and made her way towards where Derek was, scratching her ear "Good grief, so much tension and the first fight hasn't even started yet..." Once she reached Derek she almost looked exasperated "Everyone here is so edgy, and some of them are a little strange, almost like yourself Derek. You might want to be on your toes during your fights, who knows what could happen."

Optix
Grand Templar

#50 Post by Optix »

Hakita continued walking, knowing that she was being followed by a fellow competitor. She walked around a corner and ducked against the wall, waiting for Arin to round the corner before confronting him about why he was following her.

((She hasn't said anything yet, nor has Arin rounded said corner. Up to you what happens ext Raph))
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#51 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek stopped when they reached the arena, looking straight forward as he considered Issy's response. "... You're wrong. He doesn't control everything about you. No matter how much work he put into crafting your body, no matter how hard he tries to turn you into some sort of hyper-obedient soldier or attack dog, he has absolutely no control over the one thing that matters most. Your soul. That alone should give him reason to respect you, if for no other reason than that that one little thing he can't control could eventually come around to bite him - metaphorically speaking." He then looked back to Issy. "I just hope, for your sake, that it never comes to that."

Derek then turned his attention to Tabby as she came over to him. "I know. I have no intention of letting down my guard. I just hope Silver Creek doesn't happen again."

((@ Raph: Silver Creek: A town destroyed by the Beast after it took control of Derek. Tabby probably got away with only minor injuries, but otherwise the population of 1200 was almost entirely wiped out in one night.))
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Laij
Grand Templar

#52 Post by Laij »

Rakkon was still trying to get his weapon out of the air when he saw Aria walking away.

"Uhm, excuse me, m'am? Could you release this one? It is essential to my battles." Rakkon still had a huge smile on his face. Some of the people passing by thought he wouldn't last for long in the arena, looking so timid and friendly.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#53 Post by Raphael »

Being just in earshot, Aria stopped and snapped her fingers. The kama being held in the air came loose suddenly, and no doubt would throw Rakkon off balance if he was still trying to get it free at the time "If you're going to rely on weapons, I doubt you will win in a hand-to-hand combat." She then continued on her way to the mess hall.

Upon reaching the mess hall, she took a seat at an open table, looking a bit flustered even when approached by a waiter "Salad please, Italian dressing and a cup of hot tea." The waiter took her order and was on his way to the kitchen, coming back not too long after with a bowl of salad with the works. After setting that down with her tea next to the bowl, he left Aria to enjoy her meal.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#54 Post by isstmich »

"i will ask you not to mistake my sentience for my possession of soul. i do not wise to state i have no soul, but do not mistake the two."

when tabby came closer he directed his attention to her. "i would like to tell you i am sorry for earlier if i was unpleasant."

He then shifted his attention to Derek again. "something about you confuses me, all aspects of your outer appearance would suggest otherwise what your scent says is human." his tail swished briefly.

Vlar thought to himself for a moment on how aria knew his last name. but he quickly dismissed the idea into the 'fan' category. he then made his way to the cafeteria.

Laij
Grand Templar

#55 Post by Laij »

Rakkon smiled, still at perfect balance. He watched as Aria walked away and his smile changed. It was no longer warm.

"Rely? Now, I believe you are mistaken, m'am. I would never rely on a weapon. It just makes it easier for me."

He walked off, planning to stroll around until he was going to fight or he got hungry.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#56 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek was silent for a moment after Issy asked him what he was. "If you're asking me to tell you what I am... well, I'll let you know once I figure that part out for myself."

He then looked Issy in the eye. For only about a second, each eye looked less like an iris and pupil and more like a deep, elliptical pit, whose violet walls were visible until it went so deep that no light could reach. "I never mistake sentience for having a soul, Issy. You have one. The man with the metal arm does not." He spoke with the same certainty one does when saying the sky was blue, or some other obvious fact.

In the next instant, his eyes seemed like normal eyes, and he looked away from the hybrid. "Well, we have time to kill. What do you think we should do?"

((OOC: I don't know about Issy, but someone looking at me with eyes like that would be unnerving to me.))
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#57 Post by isstmich »

As Issy stared into derek's eyes, he felt a sense of calm he had never found before. deep inside the back of his mind, he felt something jar. a deeper sense of self, something higher then but at the same time, a part of him. Issy didnt know exactly what it was, but it felt strong, comforting, and familiar. a sense of power he hadnt known he had.

On the outside his eyes changed visually. the multi-colored irises turned a deep blood red, in a wave that washed over his eyes. it was brief but for a full moment Issy's entire eye was a deadly shade of red. the wave flushed out of his eyes as quickly as it came.

"i never questioned my soul, But how is it that you look so animal, and beastly like i do, but you definitely carry the scent of a human. so odd, one of your parents like some kind of anthropomorphic humanoid?"

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by Raphael »

Ever since hearing Derek mention Silver Creek, she had been silent for most of the discussion. She remembered all too well what happened in that town on that horrible day, and every day wishing that she didn't. She just hovered around quietly, listening to the two talk.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#59 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek's right hand tensed for a moment at the word 'beastly'. "... I honestly don't know. I never met either of the people responsible for my birth." He looked over to Tabby. "You were there longer than me. Did you ever see the people who left me?"

Optix
Grand Templar

#60 Post by Optix »

((Hmm I thinks we need a fight right about now. So let the first fight begin))

The Arena's terraforming was completed. The competitors would be fighting in what resembled a plain with lots of random rock outcrops throughout it.
A man dressed in all black appeared at each entrance and removed the signs and opened the doors.
'The Man' then spoke over the loud speaker, "The first fight will begin now! Preparations were completed faster than anticipated! Derek and Issy please make your way inside the arena immediately! All others are welcome to take a seat in the stands if they so wish!"