Shing-Fei Tournament IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Shing-Fei Tournament IC

#16 Post by Raphael »

((No way am I letting this die!))

Arin headed to the docks and found a lone speedboat amongst a few of the freighters, almost like it was hiding itself from public view. Throwing caution to the wind, he approached the boat and the driver saw him coming. The boat driver held his hand out, almost like he was expecting something, it didn't take long before Arin realized he was looking for either boat fare, or a pass. Once again taking a risk, he handed the driver the letter, and upon inspecting it, waved Arin in. It wasn't long before they were several miles out at sea, and the lack of land made Arin nervous *I hope this guy knows where he's going...*

Tabby looked at the prize amount and was bug eyed "H...Holy cow!" She looked at Derek eagerly "We have got to join this!"

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek raised one eyebrow. "I take it that means that it's a lot of money?" He turned to look at the spot where the messenger had vanished from. "Still, we should stay on our guard if we go. The messenger managed to vanish without any magic I could see, and there's nothing in their memories that hints of anything like that. We may end up walking right into a trap." He rubbed his eyes with one thumb and forefinger, a habit he had picked up from a past life. "Do you think it's worth the risk, Tabby?"
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

Optix
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Optix »

((time skip in 36 hours regardless of whether everybody has posted or not))

Joseph met up with Izzy at the restaurant, and after reding the letter Izzy could be seen dragging Joseph out of the restaurant and towards the docks at high speed, before Joseph even had a chance to order food.
When they arrived at the docks they jumped on board the boat that was waiting for them and the man on the boat set course for their destination.

------------------------------------------------------

Hakita made it to the docks, boarded the boat and was on her way without saying a word.
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#19 Post by Raphael »

"To be honest, when have we not taken risks with how we have to live? If we manage to get that prize, we could feed ourselves for a long time, and I could get some proper education and get a good job to keep the money coming. We wouldn't have to steal anymore, it's getting harder to get food into our bellies now ya know." She got to her feet and started to stretch before waiting for Derek to do the same ((if he isn't already on his feet)) "Let's get a move on or we'll miss the boat!"

Wizard2.0
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Wizard2.0 »

Jundo set foot on the peer to a waiting boat. It seemed like it was the only one that still borded here. The samurai got on board and looked around if anyone else was here. No one on deck, but he thought to see a silhouette in the control cabin. Before he could even think about saying something that they could cast off, the boat did so already.
Jundo had the feeling that it would be a long journey, so he laid his two katana to the side, sat down crossleged and made his head clear. Like he was trained by the doujo master.
Image Image
when you know you failed
twisted lovestory: when they find love

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#21 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek sighed. "Just promise me that you'll stay on your guard at all times. From what I can tell, this is a fighting tournament, and I don't know how stable these people will be. Be careful." He popped his shoulder joints. "Now, you're the one who can read the address for the boat. Mind leading the way?" I still feel that this is a bad idea... He followed Tabby out. But it's also our best shot at having a home. Looks like we'll both need to be careful.
Interested in a futuristic RP setting? Please check out The Network. We hope to see you there.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#22 Post by isstmich »

Vlar walked down the pier and stepped up to the man in front of the boat. he presented the letter and the man looked at it. "Hello Mr. Vlar, where is your creature?"

Vlar pulled the, what looked like an opium, pipe out of his mouth and blew a large plume at the guard. "hes around" the old man remarked in his somewhat high and scratchy voice. The Guard steped aside and let Vlar onto the boat. meanwhile Issy sat in a meditative stance inside Vlar's basement. he had his orders and he was bound to follow them. wait three days then Warp to Vlar, if he couldnt warp, he would have to track Vlar's scent over the ocean. Vlar's words echoed in Issy's head. "if you cant get to me at the tournament your not worthy of fighting, or even being continued on as my experiment." His whole future would ride on what he could do in the next 2 and a half days.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#23 Post by AzeNaku »

Xavier made his way to the coastline which held the only dock to his island hunting grounds. There he found two crafts: his own rundown ship and the pristine vessel that he could only assume was his ride ticket to the tournament. This guy must really shell out a lot of dough to ensure his tournament goes smoothly. If so, then there's probably a hefty prize for the champion. He steps aboard and the ship sets sail, that small grin returning to Xavier's features.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by Raphael »

Tabby nodded and peeked out of the warehouse door, no one was around, so she waved Derek over "Looks like everyone went home. We should be fine until we get to the city streets, then we have to get to the rooftops fast." With their heightened sight at night, reading the street signs to get to the docks would be easy ((or runway, if the location they're in has no docks/harbor and they'd have to go by plane/helicopter)), and they'd be there in no time.

Optix
Grand Templar

#25 Post by Optix »

((time skip))

((also can everybody that's still in this post ASAP so I know who I've got to work with. It'll help when I do the draw for fights))

All the competitors had received their letters and boarded the boats, which all pulled into the large dock in unison. 
As the competitors disembarked from the boats, they were greeted by another figure dressed in all black who led them through the twisting path through the dense forest. 
The group walked for close to an hour until they could all see their destination ahead. 
The forest just suddenly stopped, opening up into a massive clearing in which lay their accommodation, the arena and all the other assorted buildings. 
The group were led into the arena and assembled in front of what could only be described as a VIP box and viewing platform. 
'The Man' stepped out of the shadows, and walked to the edge of the platform, looking down at the fighters assembled in front of him, "Hello and welcome to the island of Shing-Fei. I am glad that you could all make the trip to be here. I am the one who invited you, the top fighters in the world, here to compete for the title of 'The Greatest Fighter on Earth' and the hefty prize sum of One Billion dollars. First off, does anybody have any questions they wish to ask..."
'The Man' stood there, awaiting whatever questions the competitors happened to ask. 
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by Raphael »

Arin was the first to speak up "Yeah, I got one. What are the rules for this thing? Because if this is some fight to the death kind of tournament then count me out." He looked around the group, some of these characters looked like they would kill their opponent if given the chance, and he had no intentions of dying yet.

Tabby looked around as well, holding one arm with the other in front of her. The majority of this group creeped her out, so she kept quiet.

Pyromancer
Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by Pyromancer »

Derek looked over the other fighters, already edgy. His danger sense had been going off nonstop since the group had assembled, and it took all he had to keep his hand off the hilt of his weapon. When their host asked if there were any questions, he looked up to the man.

"Are there any second place prizes, or is this an all-or-nothing tournament?"

isstmich
Grand Templar

#28 Post by isstmich »

Vlar waved his pipe in the air. " no no MR.Man i know the deal, i dont have any questions for you."

Optix
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Optix »

'The Man' answered the questions in turn, looking at those who spoke up as he answered them, "The rules will be announced before the commencement of each fight. There will be no fights to the death. Submission or KO are acceptable winning methods. Second, third and fourth will receive 500 million, 250 million and 125 million dollars respectively."

He then looked at Vlar, "If my memory serves you sir were not invited to compete. Where is the one called Issy who was invited?"

isstmich
Grand Templar

#30 Post by isstmich »

"my son will be here tomorrow Mr. MAN. he is being tested right now and if he cant pass my test, he wont pass yours." he cackled a little at he comment and put more tobacco into his pipe. " if he shows up tomorrow he shows up, if not, he will have to fly here. if he cant do that i guess hes out." Vlar was so careless about how he spoke it was made clear he didnt care about Issy unless he could preform to standard.