Magic and Steam: An Empire Divided

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Toastradamus
Master

Re: Magic and Steam: An Empire Divided

#121 Post by Toastradamus »

"Yeah, It does." answered Will. He leaned closer into the fire, taking in its warmth. "So,after seeing what you two are capable of, I'd say you guys have been in the adventuring business for quite some time." Will said to Ezequiel and Izebella. "Is that true?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex glanced over at Drake, smiling slightly. She didn't know why, but it felt like her stomach was full of butterfly's. "I'm curious." she asked him. What brings you to Oakvale? Or well, what brought you to Oakvale since uh...yeah you know." She didnt wanna think about what would happen after news got out that Elders and Legion were fighting over a neutral town, that was the last thing this place needed.
We cant stop here! This is bat country!

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#122 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Eaton sat down near the fire and listened to the conversations going on. He waited for them to stop talking before he spoke. So... Are you guys like a bunch of friends or are you guys just random people that didn't want their town taken over? eaton grabbed a stick and started poking at the fire.

Optix
Grand Templar

#123 Post by Optix »

Ezequiel spoke for himself and Izabella, not wanting to give too much away, "Yeah, you could say that we've been adventuring for a long time. What about yourself? And what's your reason for recruiting willing people to help you?"
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Fritz
Native American German

#124 Post by Fritz »

Julian after mysteriously dissapering comes back with alot of berries carying in a bag made from some convenent cloth "hey uh sorry if i disappeared but i found some berries that i really wanted to try!" he takes some out of the bag and eats it, sitting down afterward "so uh, whats going on, whats are plan"

(ill be absence alot wed/thurs just so yah know)
I can't have my cake hat and eat it too!
Fear my mastering of gif's!

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#125 Post by Raphael »

Drake shrugged "No real reason to be honest, I'm just a traveler. Though I did start my life off a few towns west of here, I used to be a blacksmith...well, a blacksmith's apprentice anyway." He then turned the question around on Alex "And what of you Alex, no doubt short for 'Alexandra', how did you get into this mess?"

Toastradamus
Master

#126 Post by Toastradamus »

Alex answered both questions put forth by Ezequiel and Drake. I'm recruiting some help because the mission given to me is too much for one person to undertake. A rich collector in my hometown promised to pay handsomely those that bring a soul stone. That's how I got into this 'mess'" she directed her last sentence at Drake with a playful grin. Inwardly though, she did kinda feel bad for lying to everyone. Hopefully her true employers, the Arcane Elders, would still compensate them for their troubles. "That's exactly how I got dragged into her little adventure." Will laughed.

Alleycat
Templar Master

#127 Post by Alleycat »

Alearen snored loudly from inside one of the tents that he had been packed in when camp had been setup. His mediation finally kicking in, his body began to glow as the earth's magic began to recharge him.
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#128 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Eaton was half-asleep staring into space when heard the conversation about paying handsomely, his ears perked up. He stood up and walked over to Alex. Hey uh... It sounds like you may need an skilled mechanic for your little adventure. I'm Eaton. And if you need something done in a legion controlled city I'm your guy.

Samdragon07
Master

#129 Post by Samdragon07 »

"A.. Mission" Diana said with bright expression on her face. "Hold your tongue Diana, we don't even know if they are reliable or not. Plus, we just came back from a mission. We guarded that rich man's house. We even have the gol.. O [censored]. Where did." Markus had a stunnded look on his face. "I put the gold pouch under my bed. When the minions came. I only grabbed my battle equipment and medical bandages. I thought that there we were only going to drive them back. Man your mother is going to kill me." Markus directed his head toward Alex "Say, what do you say having a scout and a trapmaster on your team. I know alot about traps and other stuff. My daughter here knowes alot about medication because of books and is completely fast on her feet, but she is still a beginner on fighting. Not like me being a mercenary/leader for ten years." YAA HAY Diana said.

( Back at the inn)
"Ha look papa, there's a bag filled with gold."said a little boy." let me take a look at that" said the innkeeper. "There is a lot of gold here. Yahoo, Were in the money boy. Now we can go from a crappy tavern to a fancy inn. a man came before the innkeeper. ' Ok with all the repairs this is the amount that will pay for the damage." hands innkeeper a note. The innkeeper almost fainted after reading the amount. "my money."

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#130 Post by Natani--Fan. »

The two spartans didn't go to sleep. They said (or at least Alexander said) they would be first watch.
Do you miss it?
Miss what?
Alexander shrugged and took out he spear and began to sharpen it.
Being in the main army, not this ambassador crap. I feel as if I've gone soft, I feel like we should be back at Sparta. fighting for her, not with some rag-tag team of people we don't know. We don't even know what they are.
I miss it every day sir. I wish we could have fought in the might 300, but we were to young. Brutis said as he began to clean his shield.
Ya, we would have our honor, and we would be with the gods.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Toastradamus
Master

#131 Post by Toastradamus »

"Sure! We could always use a mechanic." she replied happily, reaching out to shake Eatons hand. She looked back over at Diana and Markus. "You guys are welcome to join us too. We could use your skills."
"Looks like we're finally getting that team you wanted Alex." Will replied with a grin.

Samdragon07
Master

#132 Post by Samdragon07 »

"Thank you thank you," replied Markus
Markus now directs his head toward Drake.
"Hay um.. Drake was it. When we are in town can you fix my armor. The reason for it is because. I need a mithril."

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#133 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Eaton shook Alex's outstretched hand. Well, if you need anything, just gimme' a shout. Eaton went back to the spot next to the fire he was at before and sat down. He started to clean his gun not knowing when he would be able to next.

Toastradamus
Master

#134 Post by Toastradamus »

"Sorry I took so long to acknowledge your question Julian." Will apologized. But the plan I have is to stick to the woods for the next few days, slowly making our way to Gavin'dral. That's my plan at least. he looked around at everyone else sitting by the fire. "So what do you guys think. You can come along with us if you like, as Alex said, we need all the help we can get."
"Right!" Alex cheerfully replied.

((OOC: Around this time everyone doesnt have to stay at the fire anymore, people can branch off, get into some more conversations and claim which tents they want, I might initiate a time skip later so that we arrive at the city soon. Also, Scaley, are you gonna stumble into the campsite? Or might the gang again elsewhere?)

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#135 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Alexander shrugged.
We need supplies, we have enough for a week so until them you have two of the finest warriors fighting along side you. Alexander said.
He looked into the fire, He was tired and he, along with Brutis, had to say up all night since they picked watch.
Have you guys ever heard of the Mighty 300? 300 men, versus thousands. Brutis said with a small smile.
He picked a small piece of wood and began to carve a small shape into it with his sword.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image