Magic and Steam: An Empire Divided

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Toastradamus
Master

Magic and Steam: An Empire Divided

#1 Post by Toastradamus »

"What are we doing here again?"
"I already told you, this was the closest town, I'm sure we can find some recruits here."
The two newcomers continued their banter as the walked down the streets of Oakvale. It was a nice enough town, not too big not too small, and best of all, not controlled by either the Elders or the Legion. Some people turned their head when they heard the two walk by, but said nothing, visitors came and went in this town, just an everyday occurrence. "Granted anything is better than another night in the woods, but I mean, come on, who here is gonna want to join us. Alex?" He waved his hand in front of his fellow adventurer, she seemed to be spaced out.
"Wha? Oh sorry." she blushed and grinned a little, scratching her head in embarrassment. "I was just looking around. This place is nice, its been forever since we've encountered such a cozy little town." She suddenly stopped walking, and pointed to a building at the end of the road. "Will, that, is where we're gonna find recruits." The building in question was a tavern. Outside on the streets you could hear the clanking of glasses and the chattering of the patrons inside, a loud, indistinguishable din.
"Smart thinking Alex." replied William as he walked up to the tavern doors. "Hopefully I wont get punched in the face. Or puked on. Or both at the same time. That happens to me a lot in taverns." Alexandra giggled and they both walked inside.

(OOC: Okay guys, here we go :D)
We cant stop here! This is bat country!

Alleycat
Templar Master

Re: Magic and Steam: An Empire Divided

#2 Post by Alleycat »

Alearen checked his map, and looked of into the distance at the humble town. Rolling it up and putting it in his pack, he picked his staff up of the nearby tree, and left the shade of the forest. Walking into the town, he only got casual looks until he walked up right next to a building not far from the tavern. Setting out his mat, he put down his staff and began putting out lunch for the day. After doing this, he began to merit more than the casual glance, most especially at his staff and robe, both marks of a healer.

Standing again, he yelled, "Bring me your sick and your hurt! I come to heal, and stay for little!" Settling down again, he waited for the crowd of sick that usually developed whenever he came into a new town. Sure enough, within seconds a couple with a sick child walked up.

"Our child is sick, and we will pay whatever the cost to heal her." Looking at the couple, Alearen picked up his staff and concentrated the girl. Casting around for magic for a moment, he restored the young girl's health and healed the small scars and other injuries she had too. "Go, be well, and walk with justice." The couple quickly said heartfelt thank you's and attempted to pay him, but he quickly rebuffed them, and sat down again. Soon enough, a few of the local market people began muttering about him.

:potatoes:
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Raphael »

Drake sat on the hind legs of his chair, taking small swigs of his ale with his large sword stuck into the floor on his right side. Though not one to drink too often, it was nice to have one now and then. He was mostly just watching the nonsense of the crowd, until something caught his eye. A cute looking fox-girl and a man walked inside *Well, she's a nice looking gal, I think I'll introduce myself once those two get comfortable.*

Shade just laid on the floor to the left of Drake, lifting his head when the two walked inside, but lowering it again soon after. Already used to the chaos inside, he didn't really care much about those walking in and out.

superscalyfish
Grand Templar

#4 Post by superscalyfish »

*Aaron has his arm around another patron of the tavern, a wolf in his early twenties. In his other arm is half a mug of a strange blue liquid, with what looks like an orange on a stick protruding from the glass. As he notices the furs walk in, he cheers, lifting his glass into the air as he has been with every other arrival. Not exactly drunk, he is slightly ineberated, the drink putting him in very high spirits as he sings along with the band playing in the corner. He takes a swig, shivers, then chuckles as he goes back to dancing overzealously with the wolf*
Bunneh boy! o3o

Looking for an RP that's fun, casual and always accepting sign-ups? As much for humans as it is for furries? Then why not check out Eden's Restuarant and Arcade http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16074

Toastradamus
Master

#5 Post by Toastradamus »

Alexandra heard the words "Bring me your sick and your hurt!" She turned around to see that a healer had set up shop next to a building. She smiled when she saw him heal the small child. She dashed inside the tavern and quickly located William sitting a a nearby table. "Will, I think I might have found someone we can hire, you wait here i'm gonna talk to him." before William could answer she rushed back outside again.
"Uh, cool?" was all he could say before she was out of sight. "Great, and now I'm sitting in a bar with a bunch of people I don't know." he raised his hand in the air hoping to get the attention of a barmaid. "Excuse me could I get like 5 ales? I'm thirsty."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexandra ran over to the mage, and kneeled down at the edge of his map. "That was a good thing you did there." she spoke happily and held out her hand. "I'm Alexandra, would you like to part of an adventuring party? We could use your skills."

superscalyfish
Grand Templar

#6 Post by superscalyfish »

"Five ales?"
*Aaron laughs heartily, giving the wolf a one-armed hug before wandering off to the barmaid.*
"'s on me, Cheryl."
*He grins, pawing over some money with slightly shaky hands, then taking a swig, as he turns his attention to the new arrival, hopping down Will*
"Alright there?"
*He grins, patting him on the back, slightly roughly, the young rabbit followed by an air of friendlyness, as happens when he has a little drink in him*
"Wos' your name?"
*He adds, his speech slurred very slightly*
Bunneh boy! o3o

Looking for an RP that's fun, casual and always accepting sign-ups? As much for humans as it is for furries? Then why not check out Eden's Restuarant and Arcade http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16074

Fritz
Native American German

#7 Post by Fritz »

Andrew got off at a rather small port in the humble town, adjusting his jacket a little bit and looking around at the town "seems like a rather quant town, an easy place to buy off some goods in a couple of days, though the trade isnt until tommrow" So andrew looking around again at the town and its people he set off to find maybe a tavern or a place to eat trying to settle down for the day. He was just looking for a nice and quiet day to look over some of his papers and sleep.

Meanwhile Julian was bubbley walking around the same exact small town he recently arrived to, he had heard there was much culture to be found in the trading district. He was trying to look all distinct for the culture by wearing an old 1200's french clothing that was considered popular at the time... though now it just gave him some akward glares that he really didn't seem to notice as he was looking for some paintings and their clothing, either that or perhaps he was taking it the wrong way? (feel free to look up wat it is if u actually care, id be surpised if u did though :P)
I can't have my cake hat and eat it too!
Fear my mastering of gif's!

Toastradamus
Master

#8 Post by Toastradamus »

William chuckled silently at the young rabbits antics "Damn, he's had a lot to drink. He's nice enough to pay for mine though." He pat the rabbit on the back. "Names William, but my friends call me Will." The barmaid set down the five drinks on the table and walked off. William picked one up and took a quick swig "And after your very kind gesture." he motioned at the drinks on the table "Your one of my friends." He downed the rest of his drink in one swift gulp. "So, whats your name my long eared friend?"

superscalyfish
Grand Templar

#9 Post by superscalyfish »

"My name? My name is Lord Archibald."
*He replies dryly, smoothing out his rough black shirt, pausing, then chuckling as he sets his drink on the table, wiping his brow, and offering him his other paw*
"Name's Aaron. Are you from around here? I've been here every night for the last three days, and I haven't seen you, have I?"
*He smiles warmly, dropping the drunken act and acting more friendily, but still talking quickly, a warm haze evident on his face that he is really a little tipsy.*
Bunneh boy! o3o

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Raphael »

Damn, I had something witty for my post too, slow it down a bit will ya?))

Drake got to his feet, picking up his sword from the spot it was stabbed in from and walking over to where the others were, mug in hand. He took the opposite side of the newcomer, leaning on his huge sword while his dual sword lay sheathed along his hip "Don't suppose you have room for one more? Name's Drake Wolfe."

Shade soon came stalking over a few seconds later. Drake knelt down and gave Shade a scratch behind his ears and rubbed his back "And my four legged friend here is called Shade."

((You can narrate it like a book if you want scaleyfish, asterisks wont be needed. Also, tone down the text color a little, it's a bit harsh on the eyes))

Fritz
Native American German

#11 Post by Fritz »

Andrew walked around town for a little bit admiring how nice it looked compared to the over industrilized towns, the lights in the streets glowed and the people were out bustling beside it being dark (just assuming from all the drinking) It was a very pretty town "wow, it must be nice to be living in a place like this, such a livley place to live in... though not good enof for buisness or to make anything good of yourself.." He noticed a tavern as he turned his head right hearing fant music from it. He was sorta hoping it wasnt some loud jingling toon full of drunken idiots dancing but he had to find out for himself.

Unfornitly his dream came true as that was exactly wat he saw.. and he felt a little outside being the only one with anything formal on and even a nice hat, which he wish he had a stand to put on. He just decided to have one beer to lighten up and then just go home and sleep, akwardly moving past all the drunks and up to the bar *well... this tavern dosent seem to even fit in with a town like this.. its like its almost another realm here*

Meanwhile doing nothing relevent at all Julian just kept roaming around the dark streets, simply enjoying the life that the city had to offer still occasioanly getting looks, he was very happy the legion or elders hadn't affected this town so all the people could be out doing what they want.
I can't have my cake hat and eat it too!
Fear my mastering of gif's!

Toastradamus
Master

#12 Post by Toastradamus »

He accepted Aarons handshake warmly. "Nice to meet you Aaron. You havent seen me around cause I just rolled into town." He suddenly noticed the newcomer that had arrived at their table. "Yeah, I suppose we got room." He set down his drink and faced the man and his pet. "That's a cute pet you got there pal. What brings you over to our table?" he leaned back in his chair nonchalantly. "Damn i'm getting popular. I'm gonna have to tell Alex all the fun she missed." he mumbled to himself wryly.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Raphael »

Okay, I can manage one more post, then bed))

Drake had to calm Shade down when he was called 'cute', standing up "Easy now, he's smarter than he looks, and doesn't like being called 'cute'." When the name Alex was brought up, he grinned "I take it that's the name of your lady-friend, she's a charming lady."

Shade, meanwhile, was giving Will a brief death-glare before sitting on his hind legs and watching the nonsense of the crowd again

superscalyfish
Grand Templar

#14 Post by superscalyfish »

"All the fun she missed? You mean you're here with others? Ha, that's great! Where ya headed?"
*He asks cheerily, taking another mouthful of the blue liquid, and shuddering.*
"I'm thinking if heading to Av'Kal in a day or so. They say all is prosperous there, for the time being."
*He nods happily, pulling the fruit from the cocktail stick, peeling off the thin browny covering and beginning to eat the fruit inside*
"Mm, wan' some?"
Bunneh boy! o3o

Optix
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Optix »

Two tall figures dressed in black walked into the tavern. Both were taller than 6 foot standing up right. They approached a large group that had gathered inside, and obviously had just met one another.
The large black wolf anthro spoke up first, his voice deep yet calm, "My wife and I overheard your conversation and would like to offer our services in aiding you in your adventure, if you'll have us with you. My name is Ezequiel and this is my beautiful wife Izabella." he said, gesturing to the brown and black wolf anthro next to him.

Izabella bowed, her voice was like a harmony when she spoke "Izabella Furrson. And sorry for intruding on your conversation, my husband here insisted on introducing ourselves. We're both quite fond of adventuring and both of us are fantastic cooks, me more so than Zeke, of course."
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.