"The Organisation" RP IC (Sign-Ups Re-Opened)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Optix
Grand Templar

"The Organisation" RP IC (Sign-Ups Re-Opened)

#1 Post by Optix »

((Just tell me how you made your way to the Statue of Liberty in your first post, and you can also begin conversations with people if you like.))

Seto dropped out of the hovering 747 that he had used to make his way to Statue of Liberty.
He fell straight down towards the Statue, deploying his glider as he descended.
After getting close to the ground Seto activated the engines on the glider, halting his descent and landing comfortably on the ground. He then took off the glider and put it safely inside his bag, then went about pulling out an entire field operations set up, including computers, scanners and even a radar system.
He set it all up and awaited his team to assemble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{At the League of Evil's base, hidden within a mountain in the Rocky Mountains}
Ray sat down at a table with his fellow villains, planning to discuss 'The Master Plan' with them all.
"Ok, now. Settle down guys and gals. We've got lots of work to do."

Fenrir grunted, "I want kill. Go Statue and kill all for piece."

Ray sighed, "No, we are not going to the Statue. That piece we will worry about capturing later. We'll let the idiot good guys do that for us, they can tackle all the traps and the like."

The twins laughed maniacally, speaking together, like they had a tendency to do, "So where are we heading then?"

Ray smiled, "We are splitting up. We are going to retrieve four different pieces of this machine, while distracting and running interference against those at the Statue."
He then looked over at Fenrir, "You already know what to do my friend. Take whatever henchmen you want and follow instructions to the letter."

Fenrir grunted and left to complete his mission.

Ray then looked over at Sylvana, "You know where the piece is located within China, correct?"

Sylvana nodded, "I will take some men and go retrieve the piece now."

Ray then addressed the Mendoza Twins, "You girls are going to retrieve the piece within the British Museum. It should stand out amongst the other exhibits."

The Mendoza Twins laughed once again and stood up simultaneously, "And off to England we go."

Ray then called the meeting to a close and went to retrieve the piece from Brazil himself.

All the villains left the base, making their way to their respective destinations however they felt necessary.
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Optix
Grand Templar

Re: "The Organisation" RP IC

#2 Post by Optix »

Seto looked up from the text he'd been analysing when Sira approached, "Ah, hello Sira. I thought that you may be sent out here to assist. Right now I'm just trying to work out what's awaiting us beneath the Statue. As for what you can do right now, there's not really all that much to do... although the radar sytem's playing up a bit. May have damaged it a bit while it was in my bag. You think you can take a look at that and get it working again by any chance?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep beneath the Statue a mechanical click could be heard, a pressure plate at surface level having been stepped on.

The whirring of gears began deep below ground, the labyrinthine structure between the surface and the depths coming to life. Torches seemed to magically light themselves with flames, tiles that had fallen away during the last visit beneath the Statue appeared back in their natural places, the trap system beneath the Statue had come to life once again.
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Toastradamus
Master

#3 Post by Toastradamus »

Jack jumped from the plane and opened up his parachute, remembering to keep one hand on his hat, he didn't feel like losing another one. He reached the ground safely, hat still on his head, and he quickly dusted off his suit as he walked over to the others who had landed as well. "How ya folks doin this fine day?" he replied tipping his hat. He pulled out a cigarette from his coat pocket and lit it. Bad habits are hard to get rid of, even when you're dead.
We cant stop here! This is bat country!

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Der Kojote »

A figure moved on the stairs and it rubbed it's eyes, Alan rose, "took you guys a bit, luckily i look like another tourist bum outta college or in it...the last time they kicked at me i think they were surprised i didn't have a bottle of liquor. his almost white eyes scanned his to comrades in arms, and chuckled "Sorry i didn't have a flashy entrance, i prefer being early...and the folks on top don't like me in planes...or boats..."
In remembrance Lothi Great Rper and greater Solider
ye will be missed 21 gun salute

Optix
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Optix »

Seto motioned for Sira to place the radar back on one of the tables.
He then looked up from his text again to address Jack and then Alan, "Good day to you to Jack. And isn't it a trite bit too early to light up a smoke?"
He then looked at Alan, being the polite person he is, "And why on earth didn't you say something earlier Amp? I should have known my equipment was playing up because of your electrical currents. Explains why my computers and scanner are playing up too."

Seto then began thinking of how to put his team to use, "Ok, let me think here. I need to finish reading this text to work out what's awaiting us down there. Jack, Sira, could you both look for an entrance that may lead beneath the Statue. These texts say that it is somewhere within public view, but out of public thought. Obviously people always see it but pay it no attention. Good luck."
"Amp, I've got a little something for you here in my bag that may just help out with all my equipment and also with you not electrocuting anybody once we get beneath the Statue." He began rummaging around within his bag, his whole upper body disappearing within the bag. After a minute of searching he came out of the bag, holding a jet black, skin tight suit in hand. He handed the suit to Amp, awaiting the obvious question.

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Next to Liberty Island, the Hudson River bubbled and stirred. In an enormous blast, a huge, elongated iron shape broke the surface of the water. It steered itself towards the island's dock, and a hatch up top opened. Out of it, climbed Hezekiah. The Victorian slid off the submarine's rounded surface, and walked off the dock. Behind him, the massive ship slipped below the waves once more. He stopped for a moment, and looked at the towering statue in front of him. "Huh...well that's new" he said, referring to the fact that he had been in suspended animation when the statue had been created. Seeing that other members of the team had already arrived, Hezekiah walked over a recently erected command center of sorts. "Sorry I'm late, it's impossibly difficult to traverse the river with all this pollution. It'll take days of scouring the Nautilus' surface to get it back to full efficiency."
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Der Kojote »

Alan looked at the suit..."why was that in there in the first place, second...really i cause that much of a problem with my electrical currents yeash train a guy for 3 years and still?...i don't have much of a choice do I?" he sighed and grabbed it, "I'll put it on, normal stuff over it. he walked off out to find somewhere put of sight to put it on.

Toastradamus
Master

#8 Post by Toastradamus »

"Somewhere within public eye but out of public thought?" he said as he adjusted his mask slightly."I'm really starting to get tired of riddles." He turned to Sira. "Where do you think we should start looking? It cant be too hard to find a secret entrance right?" There was a huge bubbling sound and all of a sudden a large metallic ship had docked near the statue. Jack looked over and saw Hezekiah make his way towards them. "Hi there Hek, nice to see you around." He grinned and re-lit his cigarette.
We cant stop here! This is bat country!

Optix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Optix »

Seto called after Alan, "The suits just to stop you from reacting with water in any negative or otherwise harmful way. Don't want anybody being zapped now."

And then Hezekiah arrived in what was becoming his usual style, "Hey Hezekiah, just give Jack and Sira a hand, they'll fill you in on what they're up to. Also if you all look individually you'll cover more ground."

furon117
Templar Master

#10 Post by furon117 »

A speed boat slowly and silently made it's way to the statue of liberty. Within minutes it stopped at the feet of the lady, two men were on board and the suited one jumped out onto the statue and began walking to the group that was slowly assembling. "Hey Juan, what about my pay?" "Your pay was me not killing you all those years back. "Oh your a hoot, you can't kill me, I'm the only one you'l trust with you's dogs" "Well your right with that, now leave and take care of them, and if you let anything happen to them may god have mercy on your soul." "Don't worry, I would never let anything happen to them, what kind of idiot do you think I am?" "A big one" Grumbling something the man boats pilot began to turn his boat around and drive it out of view. Turning around Juan bean once more walking to the gathering group. "Hello, I was told to meet here, my name is Juan Gomez, is this the group I was told to meet up with?"
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

"You got it sir" Hezekiah replied. He turned to Jack and Sira. "I'll take the back of the statue. Shout if you need any help." With that, he walked off. We he reached his destination, Hezekiah pulled a small, silver marble out of his pocket. He tapped it, and eight tiny legs and eyes popped out. "Archie, I want you to get a sample of the statue and soil nearby. Tell me if you find anything unusual." The small robot chirped, and hopped off his hand. Satisfied the clank would do it's job, Hezekiah began searching nearby, looking for "anything obvious".
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Optix
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Optix »

((OK, just as a note, I will be moving the plot forward a bit soon. Those that have not made opening posts by then will be left as the surface team for this particular leg, though they will get called down underground as well.))

Seto looked over to the new arrival, Juan, "Same thing mate, help the others find a secret entrance that leads under the Statue of Liberty. It could be anywhere."

He then went back to reading the text. So far the text had described the underground area they were looking for as a veritable labyrinth that magically kills those that enter.
Seto knew better than to believe in magic, though the text could simply be referring to the fact that a) those that entered never returned to tell the tale, b) that those that did return didn't know how their team had died, or c) the whole place was rigged to the max with traps.
Honestly, all of them weren't particulars that Seto wanted to think about.

He then decided to go looking for Alan, feeling that he'd upset the man.

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Der Kojote »

Alan came out from out of side the clothes he was waring now seemed to keep dragging across the suit under him "yeah...itchy...but not that bad...could be worse...and i guess we will soon have worse after we get inside. he noticed the new arrivals, "next time Alan...come up with a better entrance... better than hobo joe."

Optix
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Optix »

Seto laughed overhearing Alan's comments. "Alan, I meant you no offence when I gave you that wetsuit to put on. It's just to hold in your electrical currents so you don't unknowingly electrocute anybody while we're going through whatever water is under there."

And in fact, all Alan was wearing was a wetsuit with a few modifications to monitor and control his ability from accidentally sparking while in the water.

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Der Kojote »

Alan scratched his arm adjusting the wet suit, "yes i know you meant no offense, I know it would be better to make sure that i don't shock half our group to death when yo go near water, thank you. he looked around "so...how trapped are we talking about, Indiana Jones trapped, or how did they get out of this place when they finished building it trapped?"