Sparks of the Soul: Machina Sins

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Optix
Grand Templar

Re: Sparks of the Soul: Machina Sins

#61 Post by Optix »

Felicity experienced less trouble than Dr Hale had in subduing the guard. She simply kneed him in the groin and slammed his head against the wall.

She then looked at the device in Dr Hale's hand, unsure what it was. "The honor's all yours Doc. Wouldnt have a clue what that thing does in the slightest."
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#62 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

"Ah! Quite simple, really. It's a single-use lockpick. Allow me to demonstrate." Dr. Hale stuck the blocks to the door right next the handle, making sure that all the wires were in their proper places. "Now, when I push this button, we'll have about three seconds to cover our ears. Then, the door should be unlocked. Aaaand...go!"

"What the hell is this thing made of!"
The alien egg stood perfectly still in the lab, having resisted all attempts to open it so far. From the other side of the bulletproof glass separating them it mocked the scientists, perfectly willing to keep its secrets to itself for all time.
"Well, this thing is meant to survive re-entry...maybe we should try simulating those conditions on it?"
"This thing might be built to survive re-entry, and I certainly don't want to have to explain killing it to the higher-ups."
"Well, do you have any better ideas?"

The head of the team looked out at the red egg. They'd been at it for hours-the only reason there was a break right now was because the sawblade they brought in to cut it open had broken apart on the egg's surface.
"Alright, fire up the cutting laser. We'll split this thing open if it's the last thing we do."

Felicity was covering her ears as the explosive went off, but still she could somehow hear someone talking to her.
"Come, sister...I am waiting."
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Optix
Grand Templar

#63 Post by Optix »

Flick turned to Dr Hale after the lockpick had opened the door, waiting until they were through the door before speaking, "Did you hear that voice just then? Cause I could swear I just heard someone or something calling to me."

She then stuck her fingers in her ears and began trying to clean the wax out of them, while actually trying to clear up her hearing after the blast.
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Templar Inner Circle

#64 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

"Huh? No, I didn't..." Alarms started to go off around the base, no doubt because of the hole they had just blasted in a door.
"Just don't start murdering people if it asks you to. Come on, we don't have long to do this."
"Yes...come, sister. I will need you."

Back in the lab, the tension was thick enough to be cut with a knife. The laser started to cut into the egg, slowly driving deeper and deeper into the red mass. One millimeter...five...one centimeter..

When the laser dug just beyond that, though, the egg reacted. And not in a good way. Tendrils started shooting out of it all over the testing room, linking up with everything from nearby storage crates to the laser cutter itself.
"Stop the experiment! Shut down everything!"
"I can't! The computer's aren't responding!"
"Get the guards in there, then!"

Four men armed with flamethrowers rushed into the room; all for were quickly dispatched by the laser. More tendrils reached out to their dead bodies, drawing them and the pieces of debris together to form a small team of some kind of hideous cyborg zombies. The fourth of them was special, combining with the majority of the red mass inside the egg and the laser cutter to make a more sleek humanoid shape. Eyes started appearing all along its body, and its hands were turned into long claws dripping with venom. The laser was relocated to alongside its left forearm, with the flamethrower being stuck alongside it. Four eyes in the center of its head now surveyed the room, and with a casual gesture it held its arm out while the laser cutter rendered any looks on the door a moot point.

Inside the observation room, the scientists watched on in silence. Until...
"Well, at least we know that it's good at combat now..."
"God damnit Barry, just sound the alarm."

"Sister, I have found brothers to protect us..."
Back in orbit, the engineering crew had just finished refitting the Knight when an announcement came on across the ship.
"Everyone! There's just been a class four alert back at the base, and we're to respond immediately! Please get to a safe position for emergency de-orbit and prepare for combat!"
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

Optix
Grand Templar

#65 Post by Optix »

Flick heard the alarms, and what Dr Hale said, but she heard the voice again. She wasn't sure whether Dr Hale was trying to be funny saying he couldn't hear it or whether he really couldn't hear it.
"Ok I won't kill anything that it tells me to, but are you sure you can't hear it? It keeps telling me to come to it, and that I'm it's sister, and that it has brothers to protect us. Is it strange to imagine that? That is if you really can't hear it."

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#66 Post by y7h65 »

Rachel's POV
Rachel sat up from the couch she was napping on and cocked her head sideways a bit when she heard about the emergency re-entry. "What. Who the hell would be attacking?" With a sigh, she walked back to the Hangar and hopped into the Knight's cockpit again. "OK, tell me when we're back in atmosphere. I'm gonna launch myself out and check it out."
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Takezo
Citizen

#67 Post by Takezo »

Valeriya had just reached the cafeteria when the alarms started.

"... The hell? Well no food for us I guess. Off to the hangar!"

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#68 Post by Kisuke »

"What? Ugh.. Dammit, I was hungry!" Kat groaned and rolled her eyes, then jogged off down the hallway towards the hangar.

Templar Inner Circle

#69 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Dr. Hale came to a dead stop in the middle of the hallway and looked at Felicity. She could see the gears turning in his head as he pieced together everything that was happening, and then suddenly realized what was going on.
"Aw, [censored]....we gotta go. Now." He took her by the hand and started running back out towards the exit of the base.
"Remember how I was telling you about everything could go horribly wrong? Well, it has, but somehow worse than I expected. We need to leave, and you're going to have to give me a crash course in how to move your machina."
He kept talking, but whatever Dr.Hale tried to say was drowned out by the alarms and the return of that voice, louder than before.

Sister, please come. I don't want to hurt you...

"...And if anybody tries to stop us, kill them. Think you can handle that? Felicity?"

The Gravitas came in hard and fast, it's underside glowing red with heat as it fell through the atmosphere. The Knight split off from the ship, going on ahead to investigate.
"All pilots, we're still not entirely sure what is going on down there. It seems that there has been a breach in the research labs, and we're to make sure that nothing gets out of the base and into the city. All pilots are clear for launching, once we reach a safe altitude."

The scene that greeted Rachel was one of chaos. Most of the base seemed just fine, but there was a fire burning in one small section, people were running all over the place, and something that looked not quite like people was fighting them. The few monsters were clearly winning, with all three of them just walking to the machina hangar like the bullets being sent at them were just spitballs.

When the Gravitas caught up and started to disgorge its various mercenary units outside the base, some of the base's Type-100's tore open the doors to the machina hangar and came out as well. They were moving just as normal, but none of the pilots opened up comms to try to explain what was going on. What they did do, however, was open fire on the Gravitas's machina complement with their machine guns.
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, and while I'm not entirely sure what's going on, I will regale you with an old pirate proverb: "A bullet is a greeting best met in kind." You have permission to engage, with all necessary force."

((Font color for the captain now, to try to make things easier to tell apart. "Some" means "However many Machina you guys mention fighting"))
Iwaku

Optix
Grand Templar

#70 Post by Optix »

Flick just followed the Doc, giving him a quick run down of how to pilot her mech, not that she was quite sure why, but she did anyway, "It's simple. Hands and arms go in the 'holes' in the sides of the seat, joysticks are in their. Push them the way you want to go, pull the triggers to fire weapons. I'll add your voice to the system so it will recognize any orders you give it. Now, why aren't I piloting the mech?"

She kept running along with Dr Hale, shooting the 2 guards ahead of them that had their hands raised in a stop gesture.

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

#71 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

Markus was halfway to engineering when the announcement blasted over the speakers. Within moments, he was sprinting towards the Machina bay, Exodus launching all applicable combat routines. He dashed past Valeriya and Kat, as he received a message from his usual tech.

"Recheck your connection to Exodus please. There may be something wrong or contacts that aren't touching."

Markus stopped for a moment, sliding open the panel, and fingering a few buttons. Exodus disconnected and reconnected in less time than it took for Markus' memory to run out. His thoughts became clearer, but at the same time more jumbled. It was Exodus using parts of his brain for additional processing power until it could rely on a Machina. Always so very weird...

'I H have E to L get L to O the MARKUS hanger'

'What I'M was AWAKE that?'

'I YOU don't CAN'T have IGNORE ME time FOREVER to BUT think I'LL about FORGIVE that, YOU to FOR the NOW bay'

Markus rushed into the bay, coming to a stop right in front of his Cougar, bullets ripping past him on his way. Luckily there were a few other Machina between his Cougar and the invading Type-100s, so it had gone unmarred by battle. For now. Subconsciously he ordered his Cougar to open, to take him into the cockpit, and he connected cables directly to Exodus, as its secure backup in case of enemy wireless jamming. Then the Cougar powered up.

ALL FUNCTIONS RUNNING NORMALLY, COUGAR STR-8 READY FOR COMBAT

He knew it was all working properly. But this knowledge was different than usual... He'd worry about it later.

YOU CANNOT IGNORE ME FOREVER MARKUS, BUT I SUPPOSE THERE ARE MORE PRESSING MATTERS

All the information rushed into his head. No longer did Markus see the cockpit, but the battlefield, information from Machina sensors rushing through his own senses. The Cougar stood, and Markus swiftly piloted through the advancing enemy. Moving deftly through the enemies, too fast for them to react. It was finally time to put the Cougar through its paces.
ImageImageImageImage

Takezo
Citizen

#72 Post by Takezo »

Valeriya ran to the hangar and pulled herself up into the cramped cockpit of the KSI, barely managing to avoid getting the scabbard caught on something, as the technicians finished their work. She focused on establishing the psychic link with the machina and buckling in as it was quickly swept into a launch tube. The KSI blasted off up above the battle -hopefully enough to keep the KSI in the air for a while- and Valeriya flipped out the railgun and drew a bead on a nearby enemy.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#73 Post by Kisuke »

Kat quickly climbed into the cockpit of her mech and powered it on. The cockpit closed up as she grabbed the controls and began to preform her usual pre-launch check. "Alright, everything looks good." The mech's hands clenched a few times and then slowly lowered itself on all fours. Kat cracked her neck and slammed the joysticks forward, causing the Shadow Wolf to bound out of the ship's hangar and into the battle outside. Once it was among the enemies, Kat lashed out at the nearest contact, activating the unit's claws mid swing.

Templar Inner Circle

#74 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

The group of type-100's stood their ground and kept firing away with an odd mixture of discipline and sheer stupidity.

Well, most of them. The few that were being actively targeted by someone took appropriate measures to respond. Valeriya found the robot she had been drawing a bead on firing on her specifically, while Kat's claws only sliced apart a discarded machinegun as her mark moved away and drew a knife.

Dr.Hale didn't offer any comment on the ease with which Felicity dispatched the guards, but it still disturbed him slightly. He had been in situations where he had to kill people, but the offhand way she treated it...

Now wasn't the time for an extended discussion on how she treated human life, though. Now was the time for running. The Delta was just outside waiting for them, and the longer they stuck around the more likely it was they would end up dead.

There was little resistance for them the rest of the way; while there were more guards, they were too busy running around shouting orders to each other or screaming about monsters to pay attention to the two. Indeed, there did seem to be more screams of pain and gunfire coming from the direction they were leaving...

When they got to the mech, Dr. Hale put a hand on Felicity's shoulder. "Hey, let me pilot it this time round. You can give me a crash course from the back seat."

Sister...do not trust that man...he will kill you if you give him the chance.
Iwaku

Optix
Grand Templar

#75 Post by Optix »

Flick put the voice only she could hear out of her mind and climbed into the back seat of the mech, letting Dr Hale pilot her pride and joy.
She quickly barked out 2 orders to her mech, "Delta 113 activate. Begin new voice recognition, name Dr. Hale, and once complete lock out my voice until re-authorized by Dr. Hale."
She then looked at Dr. Hale, "It'll do anything you ask it to if capable. Just please re-authorize my voice at some point. I'm trusting you here."