The Fear

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Suzen
Traveler

The Fear

#1 Post by Suzen »

Sorry for the added delay everyone, but something came up. Well, here we go!

----
The Fear
-

It was a rainy night, and the atmosphere was covered by a cold feeling of death. Leo had readied his forces and packed them up in the jeeps. Tonight, they would travel west, where one of the last cities in close proximity to the camp lay. One day to travel, three days to search for survivors, and always too little time to get back. People always died during the raids, but the survivors they picked up were usually worth it. Suzen could still recall the day she was picked up. There were only a good forty people in the camp back then, where ten times as many reside now. Only a week ago, Leo's forces had found a strange silo, which was filled with seeds of hundreds of edible plants. They had already started growing them, and such a lack of food was averted.
She had always liked the kick of adrenalin that came with the city raids, but she was left behind as a guard this time. "Bah.... guard duty again.... just staring at a radar all night long. Damn, I should be out there too!" she started ranting at herself. "Well, at least there's coffee now.."

Suzen went to the command barracks where everyone was sent to their usual locations at the defensive mechanisms or the towers. After being put at the radar once again, she took the device with her and went over to the shooting range. It was already night, but the lights in the camp were always on. Standing on the platform, she equipped her rifle and fired a few shots at the targets. Not a miss, as usual. It was only when, about fifteen minutes later, her communications device started to beep that she noticed there were several unidentified entities moving in on the northern tower. She packed up her things and rushed straight to the alarm. Ignoring all around her, Suzen let the huge horn sound all over the camp. Everyone who was capable to fight had gotten up from their beds, and gathered near the command hall, equipped with whatever weapons they could find. Most of those gathered were talking, confused by the alarm, and desperately trying to find out what would happen next. It was almost impossible for Suzen to get herself heard over he sound of their voices.
"Listen up, all. There are about a hundred enemies moving in on the north position. We've evacuated the northern towers. Get behind cover, and fire at my sign" she calmly ordered while heading towards the bunker.
"So what are these things..."
-
I decided to skip the three pages of "Hi I'm xxx" angst and move straight on to the plot.
Warning: You have been switched to manual breathing.

"Politeness is the greatest form of cruelty."

no.responce
Master

Re: The Fear

#2 Post by no.responce »

((OOC: for me to be able to work propely i need to start away from the action, just hope a medic finds me))

the damn thing was moveing far too fast for krystal too keep track of, left, right, in that tree, Urrgh, Crap! yet again it's bladed arm bit into her back, and yet again the mantis dissapeared into the darkness. The fight with the giant insect wasn't going well, it moved too fast for her to get a shot on, 'at this rate' she thought to herself, 'i'm going to hve to... no, i can't, i don't wanna be K.O.'ed out here'. for a brief second Krystal saw a glimmer from its arm before she felt it rake through her side '[censored] it' she thought before the familiar tingle of leaving the timestream flowed through her. The mantis was over by the trees frozen in its escape to the shadows. tiered from the fight krystal drew her pistol and shot the frozen monster. once again feeling a tingle run around her, krystal slumped to the floor, the dying scream of the insect the last thing she heard before she succumbed to unconsciousness
Why did you reverse engineer my Doom Walker?!
So that it could walk backwards...

the only thing I need in life is money, and the friends that magiacly appear when I wave it around

RP characters

darktimes
Grand Templar

#3 Post by darktimes »

Merda! Basta could feel how cold sweat slowly rolls over his brow. he's been following the mass of monsters for hours now. he can tell that they're hunting something, and that something were probably humans. Basta almost falls as he stumbles over a branch that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Merda! who would have known how hard it is to orientate oneself when he's invisible?
'great position basta! in the middle of about one hundred monsters, vampires, werewolves, zombies and other things, barely able to keep up the only thing that prevents you from being maimed!'
He grits his teeth and slowly slides down the tree he's been leaning on. Damnit! he starts to flicker. one of the creatures glances over him, suspicious, and starts to approach slowly.
thank god, a siren starts to wail in that moment, and a gunshot booms through the woods. the creatures started running towards the noise. 'I should probably do that too' basta thought, but not before his invisibilty faltered and his sweaty, white face appeared in front of the bark. 'no, too obvious. better check that gunsound.'
the ex-mafioso slowly got up, wiped the sweat from his face and started jogging towards that gunshot. the pack of monsters thankfully went after the siren.

after a few minutes his eyes came upon a very pleasing sight. but in his state of mind any other sight than monsters is pleasing. a woman lies on the forest floor, a disgusting creature a few meters next to her, with a bullet hole in its chest. Basta kneels besides the brunette. 'nice body.' he thinks to himself. but then rationalizes: 'not really, but right now I wouldn't say no to a corpse either.' he leans over and listens if she breathes. she does. he contemplates his next action. maybe he should carry her, or gently try to wake her with a shake. or...
*slap*
he quickly presses his hand over her mouth in case she screams.
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Ranalf »

(( lol, nice Dark. Slap the unconcious girl. Anyway, hope you aren't intending for Talia to do anything, Suzen, she would probably confuse the ends of the gun. lol ))

Talia crouched into a ball next to a wall at the sound of gunshots. She hated that sound. It hurt her ears and it brought up bad memories. If she had one and fired it, it'd probably blast her ears out. She huddled herself smaller and closed her hands over the outside of the hood of the robe she was wearing and blocked some more sound. Most was easily heard still, and the bad memories were coming back of some man trying to shoot her cause of her animal-like parts. Thank god I remembered to keep my tail in my pants...Otherwise it's come out where I to do this. she thought, before slowly running inside a nearby shelter, hoping to muffle the sound a bit more, not caring what was inside, but just wanted to get away from the noise.
Delicious.
Cool story.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

Tony was sleeping peacefully when the horn blast woke him up.

Wha? What the?

It took him a moment to remember where he was, and what the horn meant.

Crap.

He ran outside, and heard the commotion of people near the command centre, his pistol under his jacket as it always was. When he got there, he heard the announcement, and couldn't help but kick the man in front of him.

First the government releases these monsters on us, and now we have to wipe them all out! Jesus bloody Christ!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

darktimes
Grand Templar

#6 Post by darktimes »

How could I miss that? thinks Basta as he notices the Blood pool spreading from her back. oh yeah. she lies on it. quickly deciding that he could get more out of her alive then dead, he pulls his jacket over her, then lifts her up and slings her over his shoulder. there was a grin on his face. "I've got zar booty." he whispers under his breath, then turns invisible and starts walking slowly and burdened towards the siren.

the jacket and the women also turned invisible, even though her legs and arms dangled like ghastly severed limbs through the forest, all four of them seemingly in a strange angle and very much visible, even though as Basta keeps walking the Invisibility started to creep down on them, and they turned white and partially transparent.

Basta can't stop grinning from ear to ear, he imagined her reaction if she were to wake up, seemingly seeing her arms unconnected to her and ghostly, while a unknown invisible force holds and carries her through the woods, while being entangled by the sweaty, skin like texture of his leather jacket.

Grazie for this gift Dio!
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

TheJ
Templar

#7 Post by TheJ »

Joshua looked around. He wanted to panic and scream. The people saw he had a rifle, so they all ignored his request to ask for help or another weapon.
"I DON'T know how to fire a rifle! This is just a fancy walking stick!"
But no one cared. He had just woke up from a dream about zombies ibto a reality of much more. He had no idea that they were under attack.

Fortunately for him, he still had his distant memory of his crazy-scientist father teaching him useful explosives and other things... like where hazardous acids and stuff can be found in a relatively normal environment. He could just remember his dad telling him, "If you ever get caught in a zombie apocalypse, look for cars, because it could contain great goodies, and you know how good gasoline is. So the best place to be is a traffic jam. " Then they both laughed, for they knew that zombies don't exist.
Of course they don't, Joshua thought, as a hoard of rotting undead slugged forward right in front of his eyes. He tried to calm himself down as he bit his thumb. You have bombs and brains. You are better.

He propped open three engine covers half an hour ago and sucessfully made 10 Molotov Cocktails, gotten three car batteries that he will use as bombs... He looked around him. People were already throwing grenade, firing machine guns, tossing meat cleavers. He was the only one in the front that hadn't really moved. A bit too less for the zombies, he thought as he surveyed his bombs, but it will do.
He lit a rag.

((In case you don't know, car batteries are lined with lead and filled with sulfric acid, one of the strongest acids. In other words, a badass zombie melting bomb.))
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by TheNewGirl »

((hydrofluoric would be better. Sorry for posting guys, I just wanted an easy way to access the thread should I be allowed to make a charrie and join in the fun :] ))
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."