Its Cold and Im being shot at Rp

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Its Cold and Im being shot at Rp

#16 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Michael "Doc" Kim's POV

He'd signed up as a soldier to get decent meals, and to see exotic lands, not to get eaten or freeze to death in what was once New York City. In the 21st century, things had started to look up, after the massive oil crisis of '53 and the subsequent Oil Wars, in which several countries were wiped off the map by both biological and chemical weaponry. Luckily, the US of A and most of its allies came out on top, and the surviving politicians realized that oil wasn't really a viable resource anymore. Nuclear energy was pursued with a vengeance, and after Dominic Theorson figured out how to successfully recycle plutonium into usable uranium, the future looked bright and stable, that is, until the super-reactors in both Hamburg and Shanghai went critical because of simultaneous system failures, causing a nuclear explosion that dwarfed five Chernobyls. The resulting nuclear winter pretty much screwed everyone, shattering communication and leaving countries to fend for themselves. The human race came to a standstill, with entire cities falling into ruin as buildings collapsed in the frost and rebuilding on a large-scale proving impossible.

Michael had quickly gained the reputation of the lawyer for his picking over of words, being the unofficial psychiatrist and official medic, but was nonetheless a capable enough medic and sharpshooter.

Michael had long given up on being fazed by anything, and when the wolves attacked, he understood that with night falling soon and visibility already nothing, he had to get his comrades into a stable building before they all became frozen wolf treats. There was a half-buried Apple store that looked fairly stable, and Michael knew the underground store would be a formidable fortress for the time being. Lewis was already gone, buried beneath a pack of wolves. The standard response was to form up to a threat, but wolves don't follow military procedure
, he thought dryly.
He pulled a flare gun from his pocket, and fired it into the thickest pack of wolves he could see. The flare had been modified to make a loud hissing as well. While the wolves were yipping madly at the bright hot light flaming in their midst, he yelled over the blizzard into Maverick's ear, "WE'VE GOT TO GET INSIDE AN EFFING BUILDING BEFORE WE END UP LIKE LEWIS IS GOING TO!"
Maverick nodded, and the two grabbed four other soldiers by the collar, who then grabbed the surviving members. They ran backwards as fast as they could towards the store, Adrian, Leo, Maverick, and Michael forming a rearguard, firing sporadically into the pack of wolves that were still confused by the flare.
They sprinted into the store, and slammed the door behind them, locking it with one of the men's steel mesh used for trapping game.
The surviving 9 men(I assume, might be more if you like) huddled in the underground Apple store, safe for the moment. Michael walked around the group, checking for bites that might become infected. The rest of the men laid on the ground, exhausted by the events of the day. I'm sorry, Lewis, Michael thought grimly, but I couldn't sacrifice 9 men for just you.
(I wanted to anchor the setting a bit, which is why the lengthy intro exists. :potatoes:

On another note, GM, would you mind changing the title so that it complies with the RP forum rules? I apologize for my brash attitude, but shouldn't we have 2. A proper RP thread will consist of at least a sign-up sheet, plot, and OOC thread once the RP is started.
We've got a plot, but no sign-up title.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by Prometheus »

Ok, 2 things. Not to say you're not an experienced RPer, as you obviously are, but you're new here, and don't seem to have found your way around yet. The OOC board is where all OOC threads go, which include both the OOC and sign-ups.
1. This one is dead, unless the GM comes back and says otherwise. Always check post dates. It's generally accepted that 1-2 weeks of no posts means the death of the RP.
2. You ALWAYS post your character sheet in the OOC and wait for approval from the GM before posting in the IC.
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#18 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Ahh...
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Yash
Administrator

#19 Post by Yash »

What a silly goose
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie