Vast Horizons (signups are still open)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

Vast Horizons (signups are still open)

#1 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Vast Horizons Slammed into the Earth on the Island in the SRR capital island systems known as Dalica. This island was home to the SRR's main headquarters. Dragon Crest City. Out further from the protective walls of the city, the rebel's camp lie. They have many of these camps, but there are 3 main ones. This one was called Dalicia East Camp because it was located on the eastern shore of Dalicia. Luckily, the ship landed towards the east coast, but in range of Dragon Crest too. The rebels did two things about this ship crashing. First, they launched a small attack on the SRR to buy them time to get to the wreckage of the Vast Horizons. Second, they sent out their newly formed squad of rebels, Squad 17, to investigate the crash site. Squad 17 was only formed not even a day ago and the members haven't even meet each other yet unless they were in a squad together previously. The squad was transported via a stolen SRR transport to the wreckage. They were all told not to talk to each other to make sure they didn't give it away that they were not SRR. When the group arrived at the wreckage they all got out and began looking at this huge ship that had crashed. Mason, one of the members of squad 17 found the first body. A mangled human corpse, bloody and burned. He shivered and said, " guys... These things are strange... Think there are any survivors?" To them, these humans looked like the classic aliens you see in cruddy science fiction films. In ways though, there was a likely chance of survival among the humans. A few lucky souls could have slipped into a freezer or a closet and survived the crash. But there were bodies strewn throughout the wreckage. Now a lone human groaned and opened his eyes. His torn military uniform had a name tag that said "Gavin Reece" he grunted and got up. He noticed a rather large piece of shrapnel that had lodged itself in his Kevlar vest. He yanked it out and surveyed his body. He was burned on his arm and he could feel cuts all over him. His bloody uniform proved that. He felt at his waist and was amazed to find his .357 magnum still secured to his belt, along with plenty of ammo in his jacket pockets. He looked around where he was. He saw the door that said "Armory on it, and trudged his way through the wreckage to it. He yanked it opens and crawled inside. He soon found an HK21 and plenty of ammo for that. He put the extra ammo in his backpack and loaded a mag into the light machine gun. He exited the armory and began finding a way out of the wreckage. He saw charred bodies everywhere. Friends, enemies, and family. Everyone around him was dead. At a certain point he saw them. The furs. The rebels. He raised his gun up, but decided to refrain from firing. * what the heck ARE those things?... Let's just hope they can help me...* he limped out of the wreckage and yelled, " help! Over here!" Mason turned and saw one of these humans, now a live one, screaming for help. He rushed over to the strange being and said, " hey, were friends here.... What are you?" Mason asked, his paw gripping his MP7. " okay good. As for what I am, I'm a human from the planet Earth.... Names Gavin... What are you?" Mason was a bit surprised that this "human" was having a conversation with him. " um, I'm an anthro. My name is Mason and this is the planet Onyx. Now enough talk. Are there anymore survivors?" Gavin shrugged and said, "probably.. Though I havent seen any so far." Mason nodded and said, "we shall wait here then and see if anymore survivors crawl out of the wreckage." Gavin nodded in agreement and Mason beckoned for him to follow. He began walking towards the squad. The humans, the furs, and the few scales among team were in for one wild ride. Time to ride the roller coaster... In theory.

(everyone who is a fur or scale is in squad 17 and humans, come on out of the wreckage. As well, all of my other characters are amongst the squad, so feel free to approach them. Same goes for Gavin and Mason.)
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Vast Horizons (signups are still open)

#2 Post by Lief »

Neal had been dropped off a ways away, to provide cover fire and warn the rest of any incoming SRRs. He looked over at the person next to him, then looked through his scope, soon finding the rest of Squad 17 and an odd being. He continued to watch, staying silent as he often did, his finger on the trigger. As the weird person started following one of the anthros, Neal started scanning the surroundings. Nothing out of the ordinary, thus far at least.

((Go ahead and feel free to post as the person beside Neal, if you want people, if no one does it's just some random NPC. Only reason I did this was because, well, snipers aren't front line fighters, and it's good to have someone a ways off to cover everyone and warn them about incoming attacks.))

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Donnellson86 »

Richard

Richard had been in his quarters when the collision alarm sounded. He barely had time to get into his closet before the ship was struck and crashed on the planet. As he emerged from the small room he grabbed his jacket and his knife set from his parents. He forced open the door into the corridor and was greeted by the sight of damaged light panels and sparks flickering from exposed wires. The worst thing that greeted him was the mangled corpses of his fellow crew members. He nearly threw up when he saw them. He yelled, "Hello! Is anyone there?!" He saw light and, despite the bad joke in the back of his mind, he walked toward it.

Gren

Gren had been asleep when the craft fell from the sky. He was awakened by the thunderous crash when it finally hit, though. When he saw the fire in the distance he ran to the communications building and demanded, "What's going on?! Why wasn't I informed about a bombing run on the rebs?!" He received no answer and said, "When you morons get some information, I am the first person to know. Is that understood!"

The various soldiers in the room said, "Yes, sir."

Gren then left the room and prepared to be deployed. Knowing that at some point someone from Central was going to be calling.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Nazo and Mishy were on top of a small hill using SSR helmets as target practice when they saw Vast Horizon crash. Mishy contact the team and tell them we're going to investigate the crash site. Mishy did as Nazo asked and they both walked down to the trashed vessel.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

ThrasherWolf
Master

#5 Post by ThrasherWolf »

Eva

"A Crash?"

E.V's ears flicked as she saw a ship go down while patrolling the outskirts of the camp. Her sea-green eyes followed the aircraft fall till it reached the bottom and crash landed. She frowned and holstered her silenced pistol strapped to her thigh. She reached for her communicator in her left ear and turned on an optical H.U.D over her left eye. She zoomed in and studied the wreckage. So far, an anthro happened to be chattign with one of the survivors, which happened to be a little disorientated after the crash landing. "Charlie Phoenix to Squad, aircraft wreckage spotted, going in to investigate." Eva said over her communicator. She then cloaked her stealth suit and made her way over to the wreckage, burnt and charred bodies everywhere and emitting a smell which was death itself.

She silently approached the human in front and pointed her weapon at him. "Identify yourself and you're purpose." her voice spoke out as she began de-cloaking herself, revealing her to him and Mason, the anthro beside her. "Who's this guy? An Alien? He doesn't look like one of us.." Eva asked, keeping her sights on him.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Grizz awke from the crash to see both his parents dead. His father was crushed while his mother was impaled, Grizz chuckled and walked though the wreckage, when he emerged from the ship he was greeted by Nazo and Mishy. Nazo look a survivor! Nazo slowly walked to Grizz and just stared at him. What the living hell are you? So you speak Gaelic. thank god. Grizz looked past Grizz at Mishy who appeared to be slightly scared of him. Um, you a..... Before Grizz even finished his sentence Nazo took out his sword and placed it by Grizz's thought. Don't you dare speak to her, you freak! As Nazo continued to yell at Grizz, Mishy ran up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. Nazo what are you doing?! You can't just kill him. As Nazo slowly lowered his sword he got on the com-link. We got a live one.

(Nazo knows several languages, and Gaelic is one of the languages in Ireland)
Image Image

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Eaton stepped out of the transport and saw the wreckage. Whoa... This is bad. He saw a strange being and an antro walking next to him. He decided to go introduce himself. Hey I don't think I've met... well either of you. I'm Eaton Boone, you can call me Eaton or Boone or whatever you like.

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Aeron

Aeron woke up with a searing pain in her leg, "Ahhh!" she clutched her left leg, a piece of steel was lodged in her leg, going straight through her shin. "I gotta get the [censored] outta here" she said to herself, she winced and cried out in pain as she rose to her feet, stumbling from the concusion she had. Aeron stumbled along the walls of the ship, avoiding the razor-sharp shrapnel and the sparking wires, there we're bodies everywhere, burnt, decapitated, impaled. Her head felt heavy and her face was swollen with bruises, the smell was overwhelming, she tried to hold her breath as she limped along, each step sending wave after wave of unbearable pain through her leg. No way in hell am I dying in here, she thought. She saw a large opening in the ship, just ahead, and she thought she heard voices. Aeron was blinded by the light of the sunshine, she fell to the ground now that she had nothing to prop herself against. She definitely heard voices, and as much as she hated to ask for help she knew it was the only way she would survive. "Help!" she cried out as loud as she could, which wasn't loud at all.
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Grizz looked frustrated with Nazo. <Can you at least tell me what you're doing?> Nazo looked over to Mishy, then back at Grizz. We're here to find any survivors. Is there any way you can help us? Grizz began to laugh. I won't let you into the ship.
Image Image

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#10 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Mason was slightly startled when E.V appeared in front of him. Gavin jumped a bit too. Mason spoke up and said, " Mason Reed, Corpral in squad 17, 10th rebel regiment. We were assigned to check out the wreckage... Why? You in Squad 17 too?" he looked to Gavin then back to E.V. " this guy is apparently a survivor... They are called humans.... Or something like that..." Gavin gave E.V a wave and said, " so all you guys look like walking animals huh?" Mason looked at him and chuckled, " yup, pretty much." then he heard another voice yell for help. This one sounded female though. His advanced ears picked it up better then Gavin's and he exclaimed, " another survivor! You two come with me to help!" he and Gavin ran off in the direction of the cry for help and began searching the wreckage in the general direction of the cry for help. Gavin searched through the twisted metal, hoping it was family or someone he knew. Mason waited for E.V, curious about her association.

Meanwhile, A sniper was surveying the scene from a cliff. He looked through the scope at Mason and some odd creature. The sniper wore heavy clothing and sunglasses. He groaned and just surveyed the area. He saw a girl and then be sighed. Every girl he saw always reminded him of Ellie. Beaten to death when she was only 17. Those civil protection troops. Just killed her. For nothing. Her death was in vain. He groaned and let a tear drip Dow. His cheek from the memory. Ellie was really the only loved one he had. Now he was just the lone sniper who never talked. A lone wolf... Or, fox in this case.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Donnellson86 »

Richard

Richard had been crawling through the halls and banging on doors trying to find survivors. He was at a slight disadvantage climbing out as the section he was in was set at a 45 degree angle. He called out to the light again and said, "Hey, can anyone hear me?" He kept climbing listening to the sounds of the blood dripping off the walls and the electricity arcing as a current tried to pass through the damaged wires.

Gren

Gren was in his room thinking under a heating vent. He was disturbed as one of the soldiers loyal to him came in. He said to the arrival, "Well, what's happening?"

The soldier responded, "Sir, it wasn't us. But Central doesn't think it was the Rebs either because the explosion was too far from any SRR installations."

He sat up and said after he realized the soldier wasn't moving, "Anything else?"

The soldier nodded and said, "We've also been ordered to the front, sir."

Gren nodded and said, "All right, gather the troops. I'll be there in a moment." The soldier left and Gren was alone in his room again.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#12 Post by y7h65 »

Timothy's POV (OOC: DUN DUN DUN DUHHHHHH)
Timothy looked at the main wreck from afar. He spotted a couple of non human entities for every human. Quietly, he made his way to the wreck, holding his pistol tightly. For all he knew, they could be hostile. But what he did know, was that they made for some good killing. He shrugged to his own thoughts when he heard a cry for help coming from one of the ship fragments. He quickly spotted a hole in the ship where the screams seemed to be coming from. He quietly stepped in and quickly spotted a girl on the ground. He stepped over to her and knelled down. "Excuse me Ma'am. I've got first aid training and I must ask the following. First off, can you hear me? Second off, Can you understand me? Third off, where are you injured?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

ThrasherWolf
Master

#13 Post by ThrasherWolf »

Twokindsofawsome wrote:Mason was slightly startled when E.V appeared in front of him. Gavin jumped a bit too. Mason spoke up and said, " Mason Reed, Corpral in squad 17, 10th rebel regiment. We were assigned to check out the wreckage... Why? You in Squad 17 too?" he looked to Gavin then back to E.V. " this guy is apparently a survivor... They are called humans.... Or something like that..." Gavin gave E.V a wave and said, " so all you guys look like walking animals huh?" Mason looked at him and chuckled, " yup, pretty much." then he heard another voice yell for help. This one sounded female though. His advanced ears picked it up better then Gavin's and he exclaimed, " another survivor! You two come with me to help!" he and Gavin ran off in the direction of the cry for help and began searching the wreckage in the general direction of the cry for help. Gavin searched through the twisted metal, hoping it was family or someone he knew. Mason waited for E.V, curious about her association.

Meanwhile, A sniper was surveying the scene from a cliff. He looked through the scope at Mason and some odd creature. The sniper wore heavy clothing and sunglasses. He groaned and just surveyed the area. He saw a girl and then be sighed. Every girl he saw always reminded him of Ellie. Beaten to death when she was only 17. Those civil protection troops. Just killed her. For nothing. Her death was in vain. He groaned and let a tear drip Dow. His cheek from the memory. Ellie was really the only loved one he had. Now he was just the lone sniper who never talked. A lone wolf... Or, fox in this case.
Eva

"Oh...I'm sorry." E.V said, lowering her weapon and putting it back to her thigh. She sifted her gloved hand through her smooth blonde hair and turned to Mason. "So this is actually a human? Wow, heard of them before but never really met one up close in my lifetime." E.V said, smiling and flicking her long slender tail back and forth. "I'm 2nd Lieutenant Eva Vanderhoff in Squad 17, Special Operations Command. It's nice to meet you!" E.V said, introducing herself to them.

It wasn't long when she heard a cry for help beneath the debris of the wreckage. "Another human? Oh no..." E.V said, turning on the heat signature on her H.U.D. Surely enough, there was another being trapped under some metal. "Gavin! She's under there!" E.V pointed to huge pieces of metal sheets not far from where Gavin was. "Mason, quick, we have to help her!" E.V said with concern tinged in her voice.

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Aeron

Aeron looked up to see weird animal-like creatures standing and kneeling around her, she panicked, "What! wha-what the [censored] are you!?" she was so groggy everyone appeared in threes. Oh god, I'm going to be eaten, and with that thought she passed out.
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#15 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Mason was caught a little off guard when he heard this girl was a luteniant. He looked at her, gave her a salute and said, " nice to meet you luteniant." the. When E.V located the girl, he and Gavin both got her free. Gavin frowned and said, " looks like that little Panic attack made her pass out. You wanna help me lift her? I aint leaving another human behind..." Mason nodded and grunted as they lift the girl up. He and Gavin both got a look of terror on their faces when they saw how hurt she was. " hey E.V" Mason called out, " were gonna need tO get this girl to a medic..." he and Gavin lay her down on the open ground and then looked towards a new human they had seen when helping the girl. Gavin went up to him and said, " another survivor Eh? And you look like you got military training. Names Gavin Reece and these..." he said, pointing at Mason and E.V, "...are some... Walking animal things.... They are nice though... They say we gotta take that girl to a medic..." he shrugged and then decided to stay near the human rather then Mason. Mason walked over to E.V amd said, " so, Uh... Your in squad 17 right? Because... You look like your pretty experienced and the squad would need that..." he grinned at her and decided to take a quick break from this.

Devon meanwhile heard a voice behind him amd turned his head. He saw a large wolf or wolverine of some sort. " oh hi. Sit down." he looked through his scope again and then simply said, " no clue what those things are... The others seem to be helping them..." he gritted his teeth slightly. He hated talking, and especially when he was in a mood like this. He looked at the man once more and said, " I'm... Devon... Who are you?" by looking at Devon you could clearly see the pain that memory of Ellie gave him. It was reflected onto his face.