Basitins versus Zombies Left 4 Dead Version

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Basitins versus Zombies Left 4 Dead Version

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

It’s the middle of the night. Most of the inhabitants of the Basitin Island were sound asleep in their beds. That was, until the explosion woke them up. Many had sprung from their beds, still half asleep, to look out their windows or go outside to see what caused this. What they saw was a tower of blue light coming from the castle and smaller streaks of blue light crashing down from the sky above. Moments later, some strange humans started attacking, but were quickly defeated by the city guards and nearby civilians. Hours later, once the bodies had been removed, the guards came through and started guarding the areas where the blue light touch the ground, telling everyone not to worry about what they may or may not have seen and that everything was under control. Later that night some of the people started acting strange. The young and the week started dying, while the rest started killing everyone else for no apparent reason! Some of them started mutating into grotesque creatures with strange and unique abilities! Whatever is causing this, it has not affected to you yet.

This RP’s OOC/Sign-Up Sheet can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Man, these things itch!” Philip said to himself as he scratched his torturous foot coverings. “You there!” Philip spun around to see a guard behind him. “What are you doing out after curfew?” “Sorry, my master sent me out here to find out what all the noise was about.” “All you and your master need to know is that everything is under control, there is nothing to worry about. Now get back inside before I need to take any further actions.” “Right away, Sir!” He said as he ran back to the inn.

The sun had just started coming up and Philip was still asleep, that is until he was woken up when his master started to beat him to death. “Master, what are you doing!?” Philip got no reply from the now sick looking merchant who is breathing heavily. He tried to back away from her but she kept coming. Finally, Philip’s survival instincts kicked in. Before he knew what had happened, he had grabbed his master’s dagger which she kept on her belt and plunged it deep into her chest. “W-What have I done!?” He asked as he watched the merchant’s body stumbled backwards and fall to the floor. Then, to Philip’s horror, she got back up as if she had only been pushed over, completely ignoring the gaping stab wound! The first time, Philip’s subconscious kicked in to save him. This time however, he had no choice but to intentionally kill his master! With the bloody dagger still in his hand he attacked. He stabbed and he slashed at the merchant until she stopped moving. “What’s going on here!? That first stab should have been fatal!” Philip looked at his blood covered hands and dagger, then at his master’s now lifeless body. He moved her body into a more dignified pose, and left the room in search of help.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

Re: Basitins versus Zombies Left 4 Dead Version

#2 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Emery

Emery awoke groggy and dizzy, she rubbed her head. "Oh, it's morning already...", she had found a small place to sleep under some leftover debris, she had been to confused and incoherent from the explosion to care where she slept. Emery crawled out from under her makeshift shelter, stood, and stretched. "Ouch!" she gasped, as she grabbed at her left arm, there as a nice gash above her elbow. "I need to get this cleaned and wrapped up." she searched around for her foot coverings, to use as a temporary bandage, but they were no where to be found. Hmmm... where did I put them?... but something in the distance caught her attention, a man was walking towards her, no more stumbling towards. Drunk already? So early in the day?... Emery instantly felt bad for thinking such things, I shouldn't judge him. "Goodmorning sir, are you alright?" she waited for a reply, but the man said nothing, he just continued in her direction. Emery watched him in confusion, she could hear his heavy breathing, as the man drew closer. Then he stopped, he seemed to sniff the air and he let out a loud shriek, running at her now. Emery was startled, "Wha-what? are you doing?..." she began stumbling backward, but it was to late, the man lunged at her grabbing her and nipping for her neck. Emery tripped back and the man rolled over her and out of her sight, she quickly rose to her feet, the man was much slower getting up. She wanted to run as quickly as she could, but her body was frozen, locked in horror. He's going to kill me.... she repeated over and over in her mind, No! grab something! anything! protect yourself! She snapped out of it and quickly looked around, the man was on his feet and running towards her again, snarling and shrieking, a piece of wood caught her eye. She ran for it, it took the man a second to redirect himself, she grabbed the piece of wood, it had long nails sticking out of one end, Oh my, this should scare him. she held the weapon in front of her, pointing towards the still running man. "Stop!" she yelled, attempting to be intimidating and failing horribly, "Stop! Please! I don't want to hurt you." There was no change the man was within 10 feet of her, Oh gods, oh gods! she held up the piece of wood like a sword, when the man was in range she closed her eyes and swung. The impact shuddered through her body and the man fell to the ground, What have I done?!... she stared at the body, she felt sick to her stomach, and fell to her knees. She began to cry, but the man stirred and turned towards her nipping at her again, he was just as fast like he hadn't been struck in the head. Emery screamed falling back, she clutched the piece of wood and hit the man again over and over, blood splattered on her, she didn't stop til there was a gapping hole in the mans head, exposing its contents. Emery stood, shocked at her behavior, it was instinct but she couldn't believe she just killed someone. Emery heard more stirring behind her, she didn't dare look back, instead she ran as fast as she could towards the town, weapon in hand, she had to tell everyone, to warn them.
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

When Mac woke up it was morning he had woken up when the explosion happened but, went back to sleep after, filing it under the on-duty guard department. He go up got dressed and went to his door for his morning walk. When he went to open the door it wouldn't budge. So he opened his window and climed out to see a vendor's cart had been blown infront of the door. "Greeeeeaaaat" he said "This day already ain't sitting with me right" As he started to remove the debris, he saw a man slightly stumbling down the street. "Hey! Mind givin' me a hand?" As he said it the man just stopped and stared at him. "Hey buddy, you all right?" Then the man sprinted at him. "WHOA, it's not that urgent." The man tackled him to the ground and as he did Mac managed to grab a metal pole on the ground. He pushed the guy off himself and got up holding the pole as a weapon. Man, this guy is crazy! Where are all the guards The man stood up and lunged at him as Mac sidestepped and swung at him. The man fell in a limp heap. "OH CRAP! I don't want to get arrested!"
((How was that it was my first rp post. P.S. is this how you do ooc? EDIT: Color speech=done thanks tony))

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

Jaze had not had a pleasant awakening. This must have been the tenth time he'd fallen out of his hammock, and every time he landed on his snout. Being the first up (again), he decided to go up top and see what the weather was like.
What he saw was something he hadn't been expecting. A Basitin, probably a woman, had gotten aboard, and was walking around the deck of the boat in a daze. Jaze approached her slowly, and tried to talk to her. Uh, miss, are you okay? She turned around with unnatural speed and struck him. As he stumbled backwards, he realised that something was wrong, very wrong. Basitins were never like this. Something inside him (instinct?) told him that if he didn't do something, he'd end up dead. He looked around, and found a crowbar. It would have to do. As the woman charged at him, he swung it and struck her in the ribs, and she went down. Jaze thought it was over, and backed away, but she got up and started growling ferally at him. He just stared for a second. He closed his eyes, brought the crowbar over his head and swung down with it. He heard a crunch, but didn't want to see what he had done. When he heard something hit the deck, he opened one eye, and nearly threw up at what he saw.
The woman's head had been cleaved in two from where he had struck it. There was no way she could be alive now. He looked at the crowbar in his hand, and saw the blood coating it. He backed away from the corpse, and ran as fast as he could off the ship, not caring about anything except the fact that he had killed someone.

((Colour the speech so it stands out. Apart from that, it's good.))
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Prometheus »

"Hey! Get your [censored] up, your changing cells. This one's needed for a spy." a guard said to the figure in the cell. He approached the cell, and took his keys from his belt. "Dont, please don't do that, you don't know what will happen." the prisoner whispered, barely loud enough for the guard to hear him. The guard opened the cell, disregarding his pleas. The man was shackled, what could he do? "Please don't come near me, they might hurt you! I don't want that!" the prisoner said his voice becoming more urgent as he backed into a corner. "Dont resist, it will only make things worse." the guard threw him to the ground and pointed his spear at the man. "Now get up, filth." A small laugh came from the prisoner, still on the ground. "Heh, heheheh," the guard was unsetteled by this, he'd heard stories about this one, but hadn't thought them true. Now though... maybe they'd been right what if he was insane? "Have you ever had an urge, something you just can't control? You should have listened to me." the guard was taken by surprise as the prisoner knocked his spear out of his hands.

Aeryn
Why weren't they coming? Where were the other guards? He needed to be killed for what he'd done, the man he'd strangled was barely recognizeable now, what had he done?! At least he'd taken his mind back from the voices before they did anything else. They were telling him to run now, to get away before he was found. He tried to ignore them, but they wouldn't, shut, up!! Well, he decided, if the guards wouldn't come down here, he'd go up there. Maybe, though, he could get out, a chance to be free... He'd probably get killed trying, but wasn't that what he wanted? And if he did get out... He had to try. He used the keys to unlock his shackles and put on the guard's uniform before he ascended the stairs to find some of guards shambling around like they were drunk, and most were dead, lying in a pool of blood that had spread over most of the floor. What the hell was this? Before he had a chance to think, one of them noticed him, and ran screaming towards him. He lost control of the voices, and when he managed to get control again, he was standing among the bodies of at least 15 people. He hadn't killed all of them, though, most seemed to have been dead before he got there. What the [censored] had happened? He needed to find out what had caused this. Had his voices spread? No, this was more animal like, it almost seemed like the had been... He threw up, seeing the bite marks clearly now. They had been fed on. Even the voices had the sense not to make him do that. This was just wrong. He stumbled out of the barracks, puking again. The voices were getting stronger now, telling him to take his revenge now that he was free, telling him all the ways he should "show the people how he felt". He couldn't lose it again. Walking towards town, he noticed debris every where, but there didn't seem to be a source. There was something missing though, he couldn't quite place it. The tower! The mana tower was gone! Had it blown up? Maybe that had caused this. If so, there were probably more like the guards. That wasn't good, how would he keep the voices in check? He heard a screaming behind him, and, without thinking, picked up a bar he'd found and swung it at the creature, smashing it's skull in. "That was me, I did that." he said to himself, startled by the realization that the voices hadn't told him anything. He'd had to do it, it was kill or be killed, he had no choice. He entered the town, and saw the streets. They were filled with bodies and the creatures. "Kill or be killed." he said again, watching someone get their throat ripped out by another creature. "I had to do it, they'll kill me it I don't... Heh, kill them. Heh, heheh, kill them all." and then the voices had him. He rushed into the town holding the bar with both hands, and crushed the head of the creature he'd seen rip out someones throat. He laughed as he was spattered with blood. In the back of his mind, in the corner where the voices couldn't reach, a part of him knew it would be a long time before they would go away.
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#6 Post by Kisuke »

Jacob was awoken to the sounds of fighting outside his room. He could hear grunting and suddenly his master's scream. Jacob stood by the door, not really wanting to get into any trouble but also unsure of what to do. He pressed his ear to the wall beside the door and cringed when he heard a wet thud upon the deck, then nearly jumped out of his fur as the door swung open in front of his face. He was greeted by a very bloody and beaten merchant who stumbled forward into the room, dropping his swords on the ground. "M-master! What happened?!" "G... get out of here... the people... have gone crazy...." The merchant fell and Jacob managed to catch him before he hit the ground. Now Jacob could clearly see what was wrong, his master had a large bite wound on his neck and was bleeding profusely. "Oh... gods..." He looked down at his master and watched his life slowly slip away from him. Jacob gently set his body on the ground, crossed his arms across his chest and grabbed his weapons off the ground, if everyone really had gone insane, he'd need protection.

A few moments later, Jacob emerged from the hold of the ship, his masters swords sheathed crossed over his shoulders. "Guess I'll try and find someone who's still sane... Maybe we can get out of here on this ship.." With that, Jacob started jogging towards town, defenses on high alert.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#7 Post by y7h65 »

David's POV
David moved around on the docks, sword in hand, trying to find someone rational, normal, or just plain old alive. So far, according to what he could discern, the beings he were being attacked by were not rational, normal, or alive. Rational, normal, living beings do not continue attacking you after you lop off a limb or two. They also aren't grey with diluted pupils. He hoped he wasn't the only one left alive. He'd hate to try to guide a ship back to the mainland by himself.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#8 Post by Lief »

Chase had been searching a home for anything useful or profitable, until the explosion woke up the owner. He had managed to get out before his face was seen, something he had much practice doing. After getting a safe distance away from the house, and making sure no one was following him, he ducked into an alley and looked over the one object he had managed to swipe. It was a shortsword, one that was quite obviously well-used, but it was fancy, the hilt had traces of gold and silver in it, it was likely a noble's sword. Oh well, it'd get him a pretty penny at the least.

A few hours later, Chase was heading towards the docks, he had heard there were some merchant ships docked there. They always had something nice to steal. And, on the off-chance that they were awake already, he could always sell that blade he recently "acquired". He turned the corner and nearly ran into a Basitin guard, he seemed almost drunk, or heavily hungover at the least. "Ah, excuse me." As he spoke, the guard turned to him, and Chase noticed it's eyes. They were... Dull, and seemed to have lost most of their color. Then the guard attacked him, with his bare hands. Why didn't he draw his sword? A swift kick pushed the guard back, and an arrow to the chest brought him down. But he got back up. He should be dead, or at the very least incapacitated for the time being. Chase strung another arrow and pulled back, aiming at the guard's head. He let go and watched as the guard's head flung back, and then the body went limp. "Maybe it's time to leave, instead?" He spoke quietly and began heading towards the docks once more, this time at a faster pace and ignoring anyone who seemed drunk or hungover.

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#9 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Hollow was sitting in the middle of town, at the town square, when suddenly some screaming and fighting can be heard. He could see a group of kiedran and humans fleeing. He grabs a passing terrified fox kiedran. Hey, what's all this screaming and running about...? The fox kiedran stared blankly into Hollows eyes. I-It's the Undead... The..Undead? As hollow tried to piece together how zombies were even possible, the screaming and fighting drew much closer. He decided that now wasn't the best time to be in thought ...alright then, let's get to the docks. We can try escaping by boat...

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Mac heard screaming throughout the town and decided to stay off the streets and take the scenic route to the docks to see if anyone knew what was going on. But before he could even make it to the docks he found pools of blood but no bodies. He saw a group of stumbling people in the street and decided to hide in small house for awhile.

furon117
Templar Master

#11 Post by furon117 »

Juan
An explosion rocked the inn and woke him from his deep sleep. "The hell is going on" he said as he checked outside the window. Seeing the beam of blue light going up in the air he simply nodded his head and went back to bed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waking up fully this time he got up and checked on his two short swords and two daggers he had snuck in while the inn keeper was drunk. Standing up and donning his leather armor he opened his door and beginning to walk to his left as he was greeted by the inn keeper eating one of his guests. Quickly going back to his room and locking the door he retrieved his two short swords and his two daggers. Stepping out of his room once more he readied his short sword, the insane inn keeper charged at him, he quickly dispatched him with two quick slices to the chest. "Thats what you get for eating your guests", he began to walk away then he heard a shuffling and moaning, turning around he saw the inn keeper get back up and charge at him again. "What the hell, an undead those shouldn't be real!", taking no chances this time he took one of his swords and stabbed him through the chest, at the same time he took the other and stabbed him through his head. "And stay dead this time!", kicking the body off the second dead bastin he quickly searched the body and found a small purse of coins. Leaving the inn and two more dead undead behind him he decided to go looking for any other survivors.
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Prometheus »

Aeryn
When he was quite finished with the creature he'd found, he began to move further into the town. Maybe there was some stuff he could take, but even if there wasn't, he was happy. He could do what ever he wanted to these things, and nothing would happen to him. He began thinking of all the wonderful ways he could kill the things, and broke into hysterical laughter, drawing the attention of one or two of the creatures that were around. "Oh how I love my life." he said, as he began smashing the heads in of the things that heard him, going on and on until there was virtually nothing left. He would have to cut down on the laughing. It was fine if it was only a few, but he could only do so much. As he continued, he came up behind what he thought was another creature, but soon realized that the man (Juan) was still human. He thought about decapitating the man for a second, wondering if his body would run around like chickens do, but decided against it. He had plenty of the creatures to kill, and it would be good to have someone to help if there got to be too many. "Im Aeryn, what's your name?" he said, coming up beside the man.
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

furon117
Templar Master

#13 Post by furon117 »

Juan
Hearing a voice come out of nowhere he turned around he readied his blades and bared his fangs, seeing this wasn't one of the undead he lowered his blades. "My name in Juan of the Shifting Sands, good to see another that is not undead, I was begging to think I was the last" , looking at the bastin before him he noted, he didn't seem all there, it was probably due to the absurd amount of blood he and his weapon were covered in. "Do you have any idea what happened? and if there are more survivors?.
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Prometheus »

Aeryn
"I think the mana tower exploded, but does it really matter? There's so much to kill now, hehehe." he replied to the man. "Survivors you say? Oh! There was a prison guard that was alive, but he's not anymore... he drifted off for a second, reliving the glorious memory of what he'd done to the guard. "Oh, and earlier I saw someone else alive, but they got their throat ripped out. I couldn't help them, they were too far away. Did you know that the blood can actually squirt out of your neck?" He smilied at the thought. He would have to try doing that to a creature. No the biting part, but he definitley wanted to see the blood spray out of someones neck again. "So, what about you?"
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#15 Post by BadFoMo »

Philip heard what sounded like more fighting and decided to hide. From his hiding spot, Philip saw another Wolf Keidran walk out of the inn holding two short swords. When he was gone, Philip went to see what the noise was all about. When he got there he saw two dead Basitins which had been cut and ripped to pieces. “How in the world could he do this and still be so calm!?” He said to himself. Not wanting to be in a building full of dead bodies, and not having any better ideas, Philip decided to try and stealth fully follow that Wolf and see where he went.

(OOC The Wolf Keidran that Philip is following is Juan of the Shifting Sands.)
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!