Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Saperaud
Templar Master

Re: Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

#16 Post by Saperaud »

Isaac was lying face down on the floor of his cell trying to remember what had just happened. The past six months had been blurry for him but not so much as the past hour. Outside his cell two young officers who had just heard what Isaac had done were talking trying to get a glimpse of the "monster" that had hospitalized 13 people. Unconsciousness was quickly overtaking Isaac and didn't hear what they were saying. In his pocket his stone started to glow not drawing the attention of the two watching cops as it took the final piece of Isaac's soul.

--------------------------------------------

The sounds of nearby people talking woke Isaac. He stood up beside himself a tree as he started to look around at his immediate surroundings. All around him he saw trees and on the ground he saw a sword and a small gem. Without thinking he picked up the gem putting it in his pocket and slid the sword into a sheath on his back. He started to wonder where he was and how he had got here. He tried to think back to where he was last realizing quickly that he couldn't remember anything but his name. He stood beside the tree a while longer trying to remember more when he heard the same voices that had awoken him earlier, "Great people are nearby maybe they can tell me something." As he got closer to the voices he heard a dark skinned girl with cat ear and a tail(Julia) say "Actually, I have no clue where we are. I was hoping you would know." Believing the group to be in the same predicament as him he stepped out into the clearing before saying, "Here I was hoping that someone here might know where we were. Name's Isaac Grey, and well you see I've got a bit of a memory problem."

Reimi hadn't slept since she found her stone. She was currently typing up a paper for her school when she started to feel light headed. Strength started to leave her body as she collapsed falling off her chair as her stone took the last bit of soul.

--------------------------------------------

Reimi awoke sitting up with a puzzled look on her face. She spoke her thoughts aloud, "Why am I in a forest, I swear I was..." trailing off as she realized she couldn't remember anything about herself except her name. Reimi stood up and started to wander around her surroundings kicking a tome as she walked. Leaning over she inspected the tome and found a small crystal beside. Still voicing her thought aloud, "I don't know why these are lying around near me, but maybe they're meant for me to take." She picked up the tome and crystal and started to wander around walking past the clearing the others were in oblivious to their presence.

((OOC:Edited what Reimi was doing seeing as I have time to finish my post))

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

John was starting to wake up as everyone talked around him. Okay, so he was in a strange new land with strange new clothes and weapons, and nobody had any idea how or why they got there. Also, mass amnesia.

There was definitely a mystery to solve...

Before he brought up the motion to become an adventuring party or something, he noticed another girl walking by out of the corner of his eye.
"Hang on a sec guys. I'll be back."
With that he left the rest of the group, quickly slipping between the trees and bushes separating him from the girl. "Hey! Wait!"
He ran up to her, albeit a bit clumsily. There were just too many darn tree roots in this forest...

" 'Sup. Anyways, are you from around here? Me and a couple other people are kinda lost..."

((For the moment, I think Reimi and John will be best alone))
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by Ranalf »

((My god, why is everyone crouding into one small clearing?! I'll fix that...))

Ranalf blinked at all the people that are suddenly appearing. He then turned and nodded at Julia. "That, and they might know where we are and why we can't remember anything." he said, and then looked at everyone else. All of them seemed to have lost their memory, could only remember their names, and had a strange gem. There had to be a connection, however, more he thought about it, the more it confused him, so he just put it out of his mind. "Either way, we need to get some food and water first..." he said, before a large rumbling sound came from under them and the ground started to shake. "Aaah! What the heck is gonig on!?" he yelled as a large, rock hand came from underground and started to push downward, then another, and soon, a large rock golem's torso was obove ground, about 1.5 times as tall as the characters, with a glowing spot on the chest and in the head, before John or Nerus could do anything, it had hit both of them with its right arm into the air and flying off a short distance, towards a lake. Then, it swung out with its left arm at Julia, but, before it hit, Ranalf had shielded her with his back and ended up falling onto her, both landing face to face about 6 inches apart, Ranalf's eyes closed in pain of the hit, unaware of their position.
Talia nodded at Murdoc. "Same thing here...I'm Talia by the way." she said, and then was taken off-gaurd by the rumbling and then looked around just in time to see a girl and a boy (Nerus and Victoria) to go crashing down into the lake, large splashes coming from their impact. She yelled, "What in the world! What was that?!" she yelled, shocked and confused. She looked around for the source of the people and the rumbling but saw nothing and held her staff in two hands, scared, confused, and a bit more wanting to know why she felt like she couldn't move.

((Furon, you're unlucky. x3 Random word generator chose both your characters. xD ))
Delicious.
Cool story.

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#19 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia was happy, until the rock creature came out of the ground and had flung two of the new people away. Then, she saw the golem's other hand come speeding towards her. She screamed in fear, think she was going to be hit, but then Ranslf had jumped in front of her and saved her from a blow that would have surely killed her. She sighed with relief until she realized their faces weren't even 6 inches apart. She blushed furiously, her face turning a hot red. She moved him away a bit to the side and then looked at him, her face still red. With a bit of stuttering from embarrassment, she said, "y-you save me... T-thanks a lot. I would h-have died if you didn't j-jump in front of me..." she smiled nervously at him, but actually it seemed rather natural. She got up and then offered a hand to Ranalf to help him up. " C'mon, we gotta kill this thing I guess. And by the looks of this thing, arrows aren't gonna do much to it." she smiled and the waited for him to take her hand.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#20 Post by y7h65 »

Maria's POV
Maria rolled away from yet another blow and stopped right besides Ranalf and Julia. "I have a great idea! How about you save the romance for a time when we AREN'T GETTING ATTACKED BY A GIANT ROCK MONSTER?!" Maria stared at the staff for a second and drew her sword instead. "Well, if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die with a weapon in my hands." She charged the golem and attempted to evade the blows while looking for an opening.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Saperaud
Templar Master

#21 Post by Saperaud »

"I got to agree with the lady there." He said unsheathing his sword and moving in between the golem and Ranalf and Julia. Sword readied to guard he examined the golem trying to figure out if he would be able to knock it over or not.

Spooked by John, Reimi tripped over a tree root landing face first on the ground. Pain shooting through her nose she started to rub it until she realized there was a person behind her. Rapidly scrambling to her feet she attempted to compose herself in front of John, "I'm sorry. I can't really help you, I'm not quite sure where this place is myself or where I'm even from. I woke up just a little bit ago in this forest." She paused for a bit looking nervous. She was uneasy with being with a boy alone, especially when it was a boy she didn't know. "Oh yeah my names Reimi, and yours is?"

furon117
Templar Master

#22 Post by furon117 »

Juan
Looking at maria in shock he said "Wait you have a crystal too!" looking around he noted they all seemed to have crystals. He was just about to say something when a sudden rumbling sound came from the ground near them. "What the hell is making that noi-Oh Crap!", just as suddenly a hand made of rock came out of the ground and was quickly followed by another and the rest of the beast. It immediately swung one of its massive arms and knocked two other people away. "Oh hell, were screwed" jumping back to put a little distance between him and the monster he studied it for a moment or two, he noted the glowing crest like things on it. He saw a women (Maria) and a man (Isaac) attempt to rush the beast with swords. "Better go help them", standing up he gripped his spear and rushed forward to the beast as well, "I have an idea, try to hit that glowing crest on its chest, I'll try to get the one on It's head!" he said to her as he attempted to stab it in the heads glowing crest.
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Prometheus »

Nerus
He felt the wind knocked out of him as the golem sent him and Victoria flying into the lake. He was sure he had a few broken ribs, and doubted he could move well, let alone fight a friggin golem. The light armor he had was a curse and a blessing at the same time, glad he was able to get to shallow waters. If he had been wearing any sort of plate armor, he would have drowned, but he also may not have flown as far, and definitely wouldn't have what he was sure was now internal bleeding. "You alright?" he called weakly to the girl, who had now made it to shore with him. He then proceeded to roll over and cough up blood. Yep, he was pretty much screwed.

Victoria
She was about to say something to Julia (she couldn't remeber what it had been now) when she was sent flying into a lake by the strange creature that had risen from the clearing. The man, Nerus, seemed to have taken most of the impact, but her chest hurt like a [censored]. "Damn, now my tail and ears are wet. Not the issue!" she said, returning her focus to the matter at hand. She heard the man ask if she was alright, and noticed he was in pretty bad shape, that hit had done a number on him."Yeah I'm fine, but someone needs to have a look at you when this thing is dead." she replied, getting up, ready to fill what ever had hit her with the contents of her quiver. Unfortunately, this was not to be. The moment she got up, her torso was filled with a crippling pain. "Gah! Stupid [censored] [censored], I'll [censored] kill you when I can get the [censored] up..." she continued on with her stream of vulgarity, dropping back to the ground and trying to crawl, which didn't seem to hurt as much.
((OOC edited according to what you said, Ranalf, not sure what else to do with them at the moment. Sorry for the screw up.))
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

"That's alright. Everyone I've met in this forest so far has been in the same situation. There's quite a few of us, now. My name's John, Reimi. C'mon, we should do a bit better if we stick together."

He started walking back towards where the others were, taking his sweet time. Sounded like they were having an argument or something...
"Hey, Reimi? You don't have to worry so much about looking silly if you fall down...just relax, okay? We're in a strange new world, so we might as well enjoy it."
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#25 Post by Ranalf »

((Prometheus, you were knocked quite a distance away with enough force to send you flying, you're not gonna be able to run that fast or even run at all with that much pain.))

Ranalf had opened his eyes and then blushed and then nodded when she got up and offered him her hand to get up. He took it and nodded while standing and then heard Maria, "HEY! It's not romance! I only protected her from a fatal punch!" then something crossed his mind. He didn't die or get mortally wounded by that. He shrugged then pulled out his one edged sword and his shield, then looked at Julia with a warm smile, "Try doing what that guy said...AIm for the bright blue with your crossbow, maybe we can beat this thing..." he said, looking at the Golem. It barely flinched from the attacks to its skin, and was using its arms to cover its stomach. When Juan charged and jumped up to attack the head, the golem simply grabbed Juan's spear and then flung him down towards the ground very roughly. "WhY aRe YoU hErE?! I tHoUgHt YoU "cIvIl" PeOpLe WoUlD lEaVe ThIs FoReSt AlOnE!!!" it yelled as it then smashed the ground with both fists, unsteadying everyone on the ground as it started to grow a bit larger and then roared.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Saperaud
Templar Master

#26 Post by Saperaud »

Taken aback by the golem's ability to speak Isaac almost fell when the ground was smashed. Quickly recomposing himself he brought his word into a less threatening position. Under his hood his face showed signs that he was deep in thought wondering if it would be possible to leave the golem in peace instead of continuing the fight with it. He hoped that this option would be viable but was not ready to speak just yet being unsure if the golem would be willing to be peaceful.

Reimi's face turned a little red as she started to relax a little, John seemed trustworthy enough. She figured if he was trying to trick her a quick hit between the legs would stop him cold long enough for her to run. Run to where she wasn't sure yet, but she figured unless this world was a giant forest going in one direction for long enough would eventually get her out of the forest. "Yeah I guess you're right, though it would be nice if we all got our memories back as we enjoy this world" She started to smile brightly as she she walked with John.

Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

"Eh, I guess so."
John and Reimi got back to the rest of the group, just in time to find that they were not in fact arguing but rather dealing with a giant angry rock monster.

"WhY aRe YoU hErE?! I tHoUgHt YoU "cIvIl" PeOpLe WoUlD lEaVe ThIs FoReSt AlOnE!!!"
The earth shook as the creature slammed both hands down on the ground, but despite the little bit of difficulty John remained standing. He sized up the creature as it grew in size, no doubt drawing materials for its form from underground.
" 'Sup. Sorry about the whole walking in your forest thing, but we're amnesiac aliens. If you'll point us towards the nearest town we'll get going."
Iwaku

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#28 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

They looked like.....people! w...where the hell did they come from? Murdoc said, his wavering voice betraying his surprise. He froze, unsure what to do next, should he dive in and help the two? they're probably dead, or enemies, or should he find whatever threw them over here....or should he run...

he didn't have enough time to think things through, and quickly made up his mind hey, Talia. i'm going to dive in and see if those two are alive, theres still a chance they are, and they might be able to explain what the hell is going on. without waiting for a reply he jogged to the edge of the lake taking off his body armour and weapons as he did so, but kept his stone in his deep pocket as he dived in. he still didn't trust that girl enough to leave that.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#29 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia nodded at Ranalf's recomendation and said, " alright. Aim for the blue thing. Got it." she took out her crossbow and looked at the odd contraption. "what the... Maybe it's a clip?" she put about ten arrows into the slot, then pulled back the string, causing the crossbow to bend a bit. She carefully aimed at the golem and then fired. She was amazed to find the crossbow let out a literal rain of 10 bolts. Most of them would hit it's rock hard skin, but she saw one sailing perfectly towards the blue part. She began to put more bolts in in case she had to fire again. "phew. This is some crossbow!"
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

furon117
Templar Master

#30 Post by furon117 »

Juan
"Fuuuuu-off" he screamed as the creature grabbed him by his spear and slammed him into the ground. "You [censored] that hurt!", attempting to use his spear as a crutch to get up he fell again as the creature pounded the ground dangerously close to him. Log rolling away from the pounding stone hands he heard the beast say "WhY aRe YoU hErE?! I tHoUgHt YoU "cIvIl" PeOpLe WoUlD lEaVe ThIs FoReSt AlOnE!!!". "Well I'm sorry, we've all woken up with no memories so we couldn't have known, you also smacked two people quite a ways, we're all quite sorry we attacked you!" he shouted at the creature sarcastically as he used his spear to get up.
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr