Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

#1 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf yawned as he walked into his bedroom after telling his mom, dad, and two sisters good night and closed the door behind him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the strange glowing stone he had come across about 3 months ago. He smiled as he then slid into bed with it wrapped tight in his hand. As he dozed off, the stone glowed a lot more as it sucked the rest of his soul, sending him into a deep sleep in a dream unlike any other while the crystal dissappeared.

Talia sighed as she got her pajamas on and climbed into bed, admiring her little crystal necklace that she had made herself. She rolled over and fell asleep. The crystal then disintegrated as she herself fell very deeply into a sleep. With a dream to beat all others in depth.

--------------------------------------------

While in the darkness heading to the dream, a strange figure came forth to Ranalf, a bit afraid, he asked, "What the- Where am I? Who are you?", scared a bit. The figure just says, "Who I am...Is not important...Go...Make your choice...Go back to your old life...or start anew in this world...", to which Ranalf said, "What? What do you mean?!" before a flash of light hit him in the face.

Waking up in with a groan, Ranalf woke up in a field, dazily. At a look around, he saw he was in a lush green opening surrounded by trees on most sides and one side with no trees or a forest, but what really concerned him was that he was alone with some trees on every other side and that the only things that he had with him was his new armor and his little crystal a short distance away. It was noticably smaller, like it was broken. He picked it up and all of a sudden he felt a weight around his waist. He looked to see a sword had materialized at his hip and a shield on his back. The crystal then dissolved into his hand and then moved to the back part of his gauntlet. He looked around tiredly and looked towards the opening, trying to remember anything about him and only coming up with his name, and decided to try to find out why he couldn't remember anything.
Talia had nearly the same experience as Ranalf, except, she kinda swore as she woke up and sat up, finding herself in a forest, looking over a large field with a few lakes. Far off, she thought she could see a speck in the sky, but thought she was imagining. She looked to her right and saw her crystal next to her, thinking. "This...Seems familar..." out loud and then picking it up. As she picked it up, she felt her left hand bump up a bit, as she was leaning on it and noticed a staff was there along with her clothes were long robes, white at top and turned slightly to a sunset orange at the bottom. There were three long strips of cloth were also around her, two apparently from her back and one down her chest and to her feet, all three were white and had flame decals on the bottom about 1/5 up the strips. Her feet were also covered by a white dress shoe that was a bit tougher but wasn't minded as much since she had some kind of socks on underneath her. As she stood up dizzily, with her staff, she put the staff on the ground to balance her as she looked over the horizon, wondering where she was and why she couldn't remember anything, apart from her name, Talia Strolk.

((You're welcome to begin your characters as near or far from others as you want, but please go a bit slowly, not all of us are on all the time. You're also welcome to begin like I have, beginning with the characters going to bed, but it's not required.))
Delicious.
Cool story.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

#2 Post by y7h65 »

Maria's POV
Maria sighed as she got ready to go to bed. It'd been a few years, and finally, all of the gang's been caught. ever since that gem came into her possession, her luck with this case had change. She'd suddenly be able to spot clues others would miss and see the trails they left behind. They always left trail no matter how hard they tried. All that was left was for her to deliver the evidence to the courthouse tomorrow and then they'd be avenged. She took the gem out of her pocket and put it on her nightstand as she changed. As she laid into bed, she picked up the gem and looked into it. "Well, dad... I've done it. I've found them and brought them down. I hope you can rest easily now." With that she put the gem down and fell asleep, unaware of what was about to happen.

Maria woke up with a groan. Her head buzzed like if it was run over by a........... With a start, she realized that she had no clue what she was about to say. She suddenly shot up as she wracked her brain over what she could remember. Nothing. She looked around. She was lying in the middle of a forest. At some point, her clothes must've changed because she had a nagging feeling that she wasn't always wearing what she was now. Besides her was a staff, a sword, a backpack, and a................ a gun. In a holster. As she put the staff on her back and her sword by her side, she walked over and picked it up. It was engraved extensively and on the bottom of the magazine, was a small Gem. Instinctively, she pulled the trigger. Nothing. As she contemplated throwing it away, she had a sudden feeling that it was important. She put the pistol and holster in her new found backpack. She started to look around and yell. "Hello?! IS ANYONE HERE?!"

(OOC: Maria is currently wearing This. Main colour is orange with red for the details. Forgot about it and the backpack in the OOC post.)
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#3 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Murdoc collapsed onto the motel bed, head in his hands, he was exhausted. For the third night in a row, since he arrived at the motel, he wondered if he had completely lost his mind. (Theres no way anyone knew about the stone.....But they might not know that, they might interrogate everyone! hurt them! no..no it's better I leave, to keep them safe. Who knows how far they will go to get back the stone...) these thoughts calmed and reassured him, convinced him that he was doing the only sane thing, besides surrendering the stone to the unknown hunters, and he would never do that...

--------------------------------------------

A flash of light, like lightning with the absence of thunder, forced Murdoc to suddenly regain consciousness. Floating face down, it took him a second to realize that he was underwater, startled, he pulled his head above water and looked around frantically, it relieved him to discover that he was next to the edge of a lake he was in, hequickly climbed out and lay on the grass, panting, waiting for his memory to return to him and reveal why he was unconscious in the lake. It didn't come back.

Panic threatened to consume Murdoc, but he willed himself to be calm and decided to check his belongings, he found a short sword,short bow, a necklace,some armour, a quiver full of arrows and bottles filled with different coloured liquids. None of these items were familiar to him and he was close to despair until he reached the stone, he couldn't tell if this immense feeling he got from the stone was positive or negative, but he knew it was important. the stone must be protected.

It occured to Murdoc that there may be others like himself nearby, putting his stone carefully back in his pocket as he looked around. The lake he woke up in was one of the few that was in the grassy landscape, which was bordered by forests, there was no noise apart from some shouts in the distance he looked in the direction of the voice but he could not see the owner. He shifted to a cross-legged sitting position, folded his arms, closed his eyes, and calmly pondered what to do next.

(OOC: not that hes in a different area then talia, he just hasn't noticed her yet)
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#4 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia yawned as she walked up the flight of stairs in her house. She reached the top and quickly went to her room. She took off her clothes and replaced them with an oversized shirt and some panties. After turning the lights off, she took the small gleaming stone she had found not long ago and graspee it in her hand as she crawled under the covers. She smiled and thought, *ever since I found this thing my life has been so much better. Maybe it is really lucky!* she grinned at the thought and quickly curled up under the covers and fell into a peaceful sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple hours of sleeping, the stone had finally depleted Julia's body of all her soul. She had the same dream, where themysterioys voice asked which life she wanted to live. Before she could answer, she was sucked into the other life. Julia suddenly woke up and drew in a sharp breath of air, like you do after having a nightmare. She looked at her surounding for a few minutes. She was in a clearing in a forest, well, just on the edge ofthe clearing. For some reason, she couldnt remember anything but her name. Julia Sanderson. She was up against a tree. She looked for her stone and found it next to a strange long furry thing. She picked up the stone and was a but surprised when the thing twitched. She grasped the writhing TGIF and yanked it lightly, only to find pain from it. *ow!... It's MINE?! I have a cat tail? I hope that doesn't mean...* she moved her hard up to the top of her head. Her ears felt a little wierd. Then she came across two furry cat ears. *cat ears! I'm... Half cat... Black and white cat by the looks of it.* she smiled thinking how cute it mist look to have cat ears and tail. Then she felt some tingling in her hand and on her back. Out of nowhere a crossbow that looked as if it could fire 10 or so bolts appeared in her hand, along with a quiver full of arrows on her back. She noticed she was wearing some Archer robes. She shrugged then looked around the clearing more. She noticed a figure and then stood up. She shouted to him, " heeeeey! Over here! Who are you?" ( this is Ranalf)
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf turned at the calling and saw a girl, though, she wasn't completely the same as him. Her darker skin and black hair wasn't the thing that caught his eye. No, no...It was the ears and tail. Normally, he'd be shocked, but he didn't remember anything so he didn't really know whether or not it was normal or not, and just nodded at her and called out, "Ranalf! How about you? What's your name and do you know where we are?!" he asked out loud, then said, "Come over here so we don't have to yell towards eachother!" he said while beckoning her over. She looks...Cute... he thought and then wondered why he thought that.
Talia looked around. She heard someone yell and looked around, but saw nothing and then looked to see someone sitting by a sparkling, blue lake, she instinctivly held the staff ready to (Ineffectively) attack if need be. She carefully approached the person to see it was a guy with cat ears and a cat tail, which shocked her a bit but not much. She then walked over to say, "Hello, do you know where I am?" she asked, still holding her staff in two hands and waiting for an answer, a bit anxiously and curiously. Maybe then she might be able to find a town and see if anyone may know her there and about her past, which was a large blank.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Prometheus »

Nerus
He wasn't exactly happy about going back to college, but he wasn't sad either. It was good to see family every once in a while, but they could be a bit overwhelming. He did wish he had a bit more time to examine the effects of the crystal on his sister, though, especially what they would do in close proximity. After all his studying and research, he still couldn't figure out what it was. He was even starting to suspect some kind of magic. Time to start studying Warcraft lore. He decided. If reality couldn't explain it, the he was sure WoW would. If not WoW then definitely Tolkien. He was starting to feel tired, and a strange emptyness came over him as he pulled into a hotel parking lot. He couldn't quite place it, but it seemed as if some part of him was missing. As laid down to go to sleep, he was startled by a sudden panicked thought: What if this thing is taking my soul?!? He quickly dismissed the thought as being too outrageous to be true, but the more he thought about it, the more real it seemed. But that would have to wait, he needed sleep, and it was most likely the creation of his sleep deprived mind. As soon as he fell asleep, he experienced a nightmare, in which he was loosing his memories to the crystal. Its just a dream, it will all be gone in the morning he said to himself, running from the black maw of oblivion as it slowly devoured all that he was. Soon, even the comfort of the belief it was a nightmare was gone, swallowed by the crushing jaws of the ravenous crystal.

He woke in a strange world. It wasn't strange in appearance, overall it was quite normal, a forest not 3 feet to his left, low grass extending as far as he could see in every other direction, but it just didn't seem.. nevermind what he thought, who was he to judge? He couldn't even remember who he was, wait, wait, there was something there, on the back of his mind, moving forward, the tip of his tounge now, a name? N, Ner, "Nerus!" he exclaimed, sitting up violently. His name was Nerus. He searched for what seemed to him weeks, for something, anything, but his mind was empty, the emptying done by him with that last effort. Now he had nothing left of himself that was truly his. His name sounded strange now, now that he'd said it. "Nerus, Nerus, Nerus," he repeated, trying to get a feel for this strange new word that was... His name? Was it really? Oh well, that was something to be pondered later, for now he needed to asess his situation. He had on a strange brown garment, and, what else? There
was something on his back, two things, he realized as he reached back, and saw his hands come back with two daggers, identical in every way. He staggered back as something else entered his mind, with much more force than the name, but that had already been there. it was two things, actually, two names to match the daggers, "Phobos and Deimos" he said aloud, going through the same process as with "his name". He was sure of these, though. He quickly checked himself, finding some other interesting things, some metal poison vials, and that under the garments was some studded leather armor, and around his neck was... On an impulse he ripped it off his neck, and was about to throw it away when he suddenly remembered. Then it was gone, as fast as it came, it had been ripped from him just as fast, but not all, some remained. Maybe the shard on the chain was where it had came from. He knew he needed it, but at the same time he knew that it wasn't benevolent, he had been running from something, and it had to do with the crystal, that was how he had got here, but where was here? He walked into the forest, forsaking the endless plain, and heard a startled cry to his left. Someone else was here? That was good, they could tell him where he was. He walked to where he had heard the sound.

Victoria
She waved goodbye to her brother as he got in his car, and went inside to do her homework. He had been too obsessed with the crystals when he was here, constantly looking for a chance to study hers, and how it reacted in the presence of his crystal and blah blah blah... He had gone on and on about it, even raising the possibility of magic before
he left. "Who cares how the [censored] thing works? It makes me better, at everything, that's all I care about." She quickly finished her homework and went to her room, ready to sleep. She'd been experiencing an odd tiredness lately, but it didn't really matter. She went to bed, the crystal in her hand. It finished it's work so quickly she didn't even have time for a nightmare.

"Gah!" she woke with a start. Where in the hell was she? And for that matter, who the hell was she? She remembered a name suddenly, Victoria. Huh, it sounded so strange, but she wasn't one to ponder. She got up, using her bow to help her. She had a bow? "Heheheheh, fun." she liked weapons. Checking herself, she found an ornate quiver to match her bow, as well as arrows and a small unassuming knife. She seemed to be wearing a soldiers uniform, which was odd. Why, she didn't know, but it was odd nevertheless. She took her tail and began to brush the leaves and dirt off of it, she hated getting her tail dirty... "Aaaah!!" a tail? She had a [censored] tail?!? And ears too, and holy crap she was a freaking catgirl. She didn't remember being a, oh what had he called them? Oh, Nekos. She couldn't remember being one before, before... Nothing. Absolutely nothing came to mind. That would have to wait, there was someone coming towards her. "Who the [censored] are you?" she asked the strange man. He seemed familiar, but she couldn't place him. "I'm, Nerus?" he said, saying his name like he was unsure. Maybe he was. "Do you know where we are? I've not the slightest clue." he said to her. She had no idea either. They were in a forest, that much was certain. "No idea, let's find out. By the way, I'm Victoria." "Nice to meet you, now, as you said, let us embark on a journey of exploration!" "Thats not what I said." she gave him an odd look, and they began to walk. It seemed days, weeks even, before they left the forest. When they did, it was an odd feeling, everything just seemed so much more, real. She noticed some people in the distance, and began to run towards them. She slowed to a jog and called out to the people (Ranalf and Julia). "Hey, y'all know where we are?" "Be polite, introduce yourself first." he said to her, and then adressed the people. "This is Victoria and I'm, Nerus." she was annoyed that he had introduced her, but wasn't about to argue. "Yeah, what he said." she added, sulking a bit.

((OOC Prometheus uses Wall of Text! Holy crap, I never thought I could write this much! Sorry if it's too long.))
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#7 Post by y7h65 »

Maria's POV
Maria heard some voices and the sound of plants being disturbed somewhere nearby. She made a dash towards the noise. As she stumbled out of the forest she saw two people (Ranalf and Julia). She stumbled over to them. "You guys seem to be from around here. Any clue where,when, and who I am? I can only seem to remember my name...." She looked at the two people, hoping to get an answer.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

John was facing a bit of an issue at the moment. Namely, he couldn't remember how the hell he ended up in this forest, with this bow, these arrows, and the tiny sliver of a magic rock.

He wasn't particularly sure why he knew it was magic, but hey, it can't hurt to keep such a thing on hand.
The clothes were a bit odd as well, more robes and sandals than anything else. Though he couldn't quite remember why they were odd.

He did hear talking not too far off, and came upon a rather strange group of people; He counted at least two cat-people amongst the group, along with what looked like two white mages or something.

John walked up, scratching the back of his head as he did so. Even when transplanted across worlds, John was not a morning person. This applied even if "Morning" was around midday.

"S'up. Where are we?"

((John joins everyone else.))
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#9 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia smiled and looked at Ranalf before getting up with cat-like grace. She walked over to Ranalf and gave him a small wave. " Hi Ranalf, I'm Julia!" then her ears lowered and she said, " actually, I have no clue where we are. I was hoping you would know." she looked at him. He looked like normal guy. He had bright blond hair, almost the color of lemons, sparkling brown eyes, and a slender build. He also looked around her age. She smiled and thought, *hehe, he's kinda hot... Wait, why am I even thinking that?* she blushed to herself slightly, tinting her dark skinned face slightly pink. She looked at him now, her blush fading, and said, " so we have no clue where we are except it's a clearing in a forest..." she let out a disappointed sigh and then said, "Any ideas Ranalf?" She tilted her head a bit to the side, portraying a rather confused look by tilting one of her ears up, and the other down.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

furon117
Templar Master

#10 Post by furon117 »

Juan
"Hey guys I'm going to bed, don't touch my deer okay. he said before going back to his tent, he didn't feel tired per say, just drained. "Meh I'm probably am tired, tracked that deer for four day, it was worth it, that [censored] probably catch of the year" falling asleep his was absorbed by the nearly forgotten stone in his pocket he had found four days ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh hell, my head hurts, what did I do last night? raking his brains for the source of his headache he found nothing, he tried harder he still found nothing. After a few minutes he came up with nothing about his past except what he guessed was his name. "Juan Gomez... sounds right" he scratched his head and froze. No, those can't be right, I'm pretty sure those aren't supposed to be there" he whispered to him self in shock as he poked and prodded his cat ears, "Wait if I have these dose that mean, yup, I have a tail", taking a minute to get over this he finally decided to survey his surroundings, he noted he was wearing a travelling cloak of some kind, looking around he saw two rosaries "Huh, these seem familiar, rosaries I think there called". Putting one on as a necklace he wrapped the other around the wrist as a bracelet, he the turned his attention to the last object, a stone of some kind, grabbing it it suddenly disappeared "what the hell, where'd it go- owww!" he grabbed his wrist as the rosary suddenly heated up to the point of nearly burning, turning around the cross at the end he saw the stone now inlaid in it, he however did not have time to ponder this as a strange spiral spear materialized before him, reaching out he grabbed, it seemed perfect for his hands "I guess your mine them", he whispered to himself. Standing up and looking around he noted a group of other people forming nearby, he decided to see if they could help him remember his past. Running down to the group he said 'Are you guys from around here, I've seem to forgotten everything except my name".
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

John looked briefly over the newcomer with the strange spear, then glanced around the area at everyone else.
"...Apparently I'm not the only one...just a second. Would anyone here who has any idea where we are and why we're here please raise their hand now? I gotta hunch."
As he looked around he noticed that the girls were pretty darn cute around here, too. So this place at least was off to a good start in that respect. Gotta love those cat ears and the priestess robes.

Though given the magic rocks, it was entirely likely the staffs and robes were a sign of crazy magic explosions...
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf shrugged at Julia. "Nah. I dunno where anything is." he said, but while he said that, his mind said, She's really cute... which made him blush a bit and then said, "There's a clearing in the forest over there we might be- Oh, hey." he said, noticing the 5 people that just approached him, and then said, to all three of them, "You all should join the club...We can't remember anything nor do we know where we are...I'm Ranalf, this is Julia." he said, motioning to Julia. He then noticed one of them were a cat-person just like Julia. "You've got a pair of cat ears and a cat tail too, just like Julia..." he said, pointing a bit. Then, he shook his head a bit and then said, "Never mind that though...I think we should find out where we are...And there's only one way for that to happen." he said, looking out at the large plain in the direction of the clear in the woods.
Delicious.
Cool story.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#13 Post by y7h65 »

Maria's POV
Maria looked at all of the people in the vicinity and noticed something. They all had a gem on them. Each of them were of a different colour, but still, they all had a gem. All expect for one of them had it fused into an object. Maria turned away from the group, reached in her backpack, and took out the pistol, and inspected the gem on the magazine. Surely enough, each of the gems had a slight pulse to them. As if they contained something. Maria put the gun back and turned to face the group again. "Ok, quick question. Did anyone here not wake up with a gem besides them and found out that they were missing their memories?"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#14 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Valenti looked up at the girl who had approached him, her question and her look of confusion and worry led him to believe that she was in the same situation as him No.... unfortunately it seems I know nothing but my name...which is....Murdoc. replied Murdoc, it was a struggle to even remember his own name, let alone anything else.

he got up, as he did so he felt a sharp pain under his foot, he looked down and discovered that he had stepped on a tail, a tail that was connected to his body, his tail. (Oh....I have a tail, guess i'm not human then....but I can't remember any other races that I might be, thats really strange...another question to add to the pile I suppose...) he thought to himself, pushing the oddity out of his mind to be addressed another time.

He turned his attention back to the girl are you the same as me? do you have any memories? How did you get here? he halted, realizing he had been talking too fast, he took a deep breath, calming himself and waited for a reply.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#15 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia looked at the various newcomers, and was rather surprised to find one with caters and tail like her. *huh, guess I'm not the only one with animal parts around here...* then she heard Maria's question and nodded. "yup, that pretty much describes my experience so far. Woke up with cat ears and tail, found a green stone, then out of nowhere, I got this crossbow and these arrows." she shrugged slightly before looking around the surrounding area once more. Nothing but clearing and forest, as far as she could see at least. "hmm... Well, it's probably best we stay in a group until we find civilization huh? Might actually be kinda fun!" she smiled at enjoyed the thought of creating a little team of adventurers. Then for no apparent reason, she looked down at her neck. Dangling from a chain was a pendant of a cross with a snake wrapped around it and a crown on the top of the cross. She looked at before thinking, *this looks...familiar.*