Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Shattered Souls(IC - Sign Ups Open!)

#31 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf didn't flinch at the golem being able to talk, and when the arrows flew from Julia's crossbow, they mostly just stuck very lightly into the golem, and in one small flick had flung them off. Only 1 hit the blue part, causing a loud roar of pain. Ranalf ran at it with his sword and shield drawn and then slashed at it, not doing much to the rough rock it had for skin. He started to walk backwards away from it as it looked at him, he brought up his shield just in time to block the heavy punch, causing him to fly back a bit with his feet still on the ground, making a skid mark about 5 feet long. It roared very loudly, seeming to ignore John and Juan, and threw a punch towards Issac, and a different one towards Maria. Ranalf's arm was hurt, but he could deal with that. A injured arm is better then to risk getting it broken. So he let his left arm, the arm using the shield, down slowly, and moved it around a bit. It hurt a lot.
Talia was about to yell after Murdoc, but then stopped when he jumped into the water. She ran over to the girl crawling on the ground and swearing like a sailor, "You shouldn't move so much, whatever it was that hit you, it did a lot of damage..." she said, after observing her trying to stand up. She had her staff in her right hand and had her left hand on the girl's shoulder (Victoria). Who the hell would be able to smack someone this far away? she thought, looking towards the distance the two had come from.
Meanwhile, at a nearby town, a small scale picked up the tremors from the Golem. The soldier watching it then looked to and nodded at a robed woman, who nodded back and then motioned to a small group of soldiers to prepare to move out for battle. She then started to walk ahead of them, already on rout to the tremors, soon followed by a squad of soldiers.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#32 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia cringed as she helplessly watched Ranalf get hit by the golem. She dropped her crossbow and ran over to him. She intuitively knew by his actions that he had probably damaged his arm. She looked at him worrilly and said, " ouch. Are you hurt bad. Looks like your arm is hurt." then the golem unexpectedly let out another roar, which was ear shattering to Julia's much more sensitive cat ears. She jumped and instinctively threw her arms around Ranalf, and lightly squeezed him into a hug. She then realized what she had done and blushed intensly. " um... S-sorry. Did I h-hurt it more?" she looked at him with mixed emotions of embarrassment and worry. She put her arm around him and under his shoulder and helped him walk out of the fray. She said, " gosh, this thing doesn't look like it's going to die any time soon. What's hurting? Maybe you strained or broke your arm.... " she looked at him with extreme concern now, and if you glanced at them, it looked like a thing a couple would do if one of them was hurt.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#33 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

I am so totally screwed right now.

Such were John's thoughts as he stared down an increasingly angry colossus of stone unreasonably interested in defending it's territory. Right now, he was suing for peace with this thing while other people thought it appropriate to shoot at the creature.

There was little chance of him actually getting everyone to calm down.

But...if he was the coolest man alive...He might just stand a chance.
So John stood his ground, hardly moving as the creature flung around people near him like ragdolls.
"Also, some of these people are a bit trigger-happy. But I'm sure we can all come to a peaceful agreement that has us outside your forest and you back to doing...whatever it is you do. If not..." He drew the bow from his back and an arrow from the quiver, keeping it drawn and ready but pointing towards the ground.
"...I know how to get past that rocky skin of yours now. So calm down, or be destroyed."

So
Totally
Screwed
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Prometheus »

Victoria
She heard someone, a girl, speak to her. "You shouldn't move so much, whatever it was that hit you, it did a lot of damage..." The girl then put her hand on her shoulder. Victoria didn't take well to this in her current state. She pushed the hand off her shoulder and continued to crawl. "Oh, [censored] off, [censored], I'm fine. [censored] perfect." she said, trying not to cringe in pain from dragging herself. "Worry about the idiot over there, in case you're too [censored] stupid to notice, he's coughing up his [censored] lungs."

Nerus
"Heh, she's probably right." he managed get out before more blood came out. He noticed she was holding a staff. That was good, she knew magic. He needed help quickly though, dizzyness had set in and delerium was soon to come, if it hadn't already. He could have sworn he'd seen a talking alligator a moment ago. "A Mage right?" he was barely getting his words out now. "Any chance you could help with..." he coughed up more blood, the mud had a red tint now. "With that?"
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Saperaud
Templar Master

#35 Post by Saperaud »

"At least some people are in the same mind set as me." Isaac thought as he used his sword as a makeshift shield placing the flat side of the blade against his armoured arm taking the the golem's punch head on with his makeshift shield. The force of the punch knocked him several feet back with a look of pain on his face he thought, "That definitely wasn't good for me or the blade. Nothing feels broken but thats going to leave a mark." He stepped back from the golem and stuck his sword in the ground giving the golem some space hoping that it would calm down.

Reimi was shocked by the presence of the golem. She had never seen anything like it before as far as she could tell.She stayed back from the group and watched as the others fought or tried to make peace with the golem. She found John rather brave and a little crazy for trying to talk to the golem into peace, "I want to go help him but I might mess up and anger it even more. I can't even help if it continues to fight."

furon117
Templar Master

#36 Post by furon117 »

Juan
Looking around for anything to help them kill the beast all he saw was some useless atempts at diplomacy and some chemistry happening between two people (Julia & Ranalf). "Oh would you two get a room, then you can get to know each other very well" he said directing his words at the two. "You the diplomat, I don't think reasoning with it will work, please either shoot it to kill or distract it so I can try to throw my spear at the remaning crest", why me?
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr

Kimbo Slyc
Grand Templar

#37 Post by Kimbo Slyc »

Aeron

"Does it have to be so goddamn cold in here!"Aeron took a swig of her bottle of whiskey, The Virus walked by the room she was in, "Suck it up!" he said stopping at the doorway for a moment to see what she was working on. "Your mom! in bed.""Ha! You would like my mom in bed""Pig""Oh you love it" he cackled. Aeron didn't bother turning around, she simply flipped of the big man til he left with a huff. She took another long swig of her choice liquid and continued typing on her computer, trying to find a hole in the personal database of a very arrogant CEO. It was a job, but it was giving her alot of trouble, "I'm charging extra for this [censored], [censored] ridiculous..." she said under her breath. Her eyes began to droop, and soon she fell asleep in the most dignified pose with her face buried in her keyboard, whiskey bottle still in hand. The stone began to glow in her jacket pocket, it grew brighter as it sucked the last of her soul, then it disappeared, taking her with it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She woke up groggy, she sat up, "Damn, how long was I out for?" she opened her eyes, and was dumbfounded by what she saw. She was in a small field, in some place she had never been, she couldn't remember anything about herself. "Holy [censored]! What! What the hell is going on?" She thought for a second, Whats your name? A.... Aer....Aeroooon, Aeron! Dammit I'm Aeron! she sighed with relief, but her satisfaction was short lived as she heard a ruckus going on near her. She saw a large stone creature thrashing around a group of people, a man with crazy hair (John) caught her eye, he had a bow in hand. Aeron looked down and saw a stone near her, she didn't understand why but she was compelled to take it. She looked down and noticed she was wearing a rather tight fitting outfit with a sword tethered to a belt around her hips. "Well balls, how do I even know if I can use this [censored]?" She got up and ran towards the man with the bow, he was like a statue, "Hey you! Who the hell are you? Where the hell am I?" then she noticed the golem, "Whoa! What the [censored] is that thing!!" she cringed at the creature in front of her, that everyone seemed to be fighting "[censored].... well I'm dead, I don't even know how to use this [censored]..." she took out her sword, waving it around with one hand nonchalantly. Aeron stumbled as the golem pounded the ground, looking defiantly at the man she was talking to, Oh [censored]! I just picked the wrong guy to talk to...

((Edited my post to fit the scene unfolding))
GumbyDarnit wrote:I only put the KoolAid mix in the glass. YOU were the one that stirred it! Unstirred KoolAid is meaningless!

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by Ranalf »

Ranalf blushed at her hugging him, which also hurt him, "I'm sure it's not- Ow!" he yelled and then said, "Yeah, it hurt..." he said as he kinda let her pull him along while he tried to numb the pain. When she asks what hurt, he said, "My arm, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry yourself over, they heal." he said, then embarassed by some jerk (Juan) saying to get a room. He then yelled back, "That's uncalled for, jerk! We just met eachother and she's just worried about my arm!" he yelled, holding his left arm's tricep lightly, then looked at Julia, seeing her looking worried, then smiling lightly before picking up and holding his sword. "Go back to your crossbow...I'll stay back and defend you if it goes for you." he said, nodding at her then holding his sword like he knew how to use it. He didn't.

Meanwhile, the Golem roared very angrily at John's threat. "TrY mE, hUmAn!" it yelled, staring at John challangingly as it slammed its arms next to it, making indents on the ground next to him.
Talia instantly got angry at being called a [censored], then took a deep breath as she stood up. "Okay...Suit yourself...BUT YOU'RE STILL GOING TO HAVE TO LAY DOWN FOR REST, [censored]!" she yelled, looking at Victoria angrily as she put her foot on Victoria's back and then shoved down and then walking over towards Nerus, then hearing the Mage part. "I...I'm not a mage. I don't know anything...Let alone spells or how to heal internal bleeding..." she said, crouching down with a frown.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#39 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia blushed at John's comment and looked around uncomfortably amd then looked to Ranalf. "H-he's kinda.... Mean... " then she watched as Ranalf picked up his sword and listened to his orders to go retrieve her crossbow. She frowned and said, "a-alright just... D-don't hurt yourself." she got up and took a deep breath. Then she concentrated and dashed, cat-like, towards her crossbow. She was about 3 meters when she leaped and dived for the crossbow. It was clearly her new cat features and physical advantages that allowed her to do this. She grabbed hold of the crossbow and pulled it towards her body. She got up after a few seconds, hoping the golem hadn't noticed her. She began to run back towards Ranalf, but panicked and tripped, quite within the golem's reach. She gritted her teeth and for the first time noticed her elongated canine teeth. *strange. Must go along with the ears and tail... But that's not what I need to worry about!* she looked around and clearly saw the golem would probably crush her if she tried to get up. She looked around quickly amd yelled "h-h-HELP!!!" this would surely alert the golem, but there was a chance that she could be saved and be spared of a horrible death by being crushed by the golem's huge rocky fist.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Prometheus
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by Prometheus »

Victoria
She felt an immense amount of pain as the girls foot pushed her into the ground, shutting her up immediately. She made an atempt to laugh, but even that hurt now. Hah, I like this girl. she thought, and was about to attempt to crawl again, but decided against it. She sighed, cringing as a pain shot through her. The girl was probably right, she was only making things worse. She hoped the girl could help Nerus, they didn't need
someone dying so soon, especially if there were more like the golem.

Nerus
"Not a mage huh? Well that's fine." more coughing, more blood. "If you head that way," he gestured towards where the golem had been,"You'll find a group of people fighting a rock golem." he stopped to cough, "If you can't heal us, maybe you can help keep this from happening. I'm lucky to have survived the hit." He tried to push himself up, numb to the pain now, but was too weak to do so. "By the way, Im Nerus.
In the name of meaningless posting! :redhair:
ImageImageImageImage
ALL HAIL FRED!

Templar Inner Circle

#41 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

There were some good things and some bad things about the creature calling John's bluff. In the bad department, he had no idea if he'd ever used a bow before and the creature could probably just smash him between the palms of his hands if it really had to.

In the good department, it had brought its head so close to him that there was no way he could miss.
" 'kay. Don't say I didn't warn you."

He snapped the bow up so it was pointing at the glowing blue sigil now only inches from his face and let the arrow fly. Thinking it wise to not be in immediate reach of the giant crushy hands of doom, he jumped backwards as soon as the arrow cleared the bow.
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#42 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Murdoc had been listening quietly to Talia and the newcomers converse, his ears literally pricked up at the mention of the stone Golem So it was a...stone golem that threw you two? he paused for a second to process the information, not allowing himself to think about what the existence of a stone golem implied Why aren't those people running? a creature made of stone doesn't seem like a beatable enemy...where did it come from anyway? he asked. He wasn't looking at Nerus but instead at the direction that they had been thrown from, looking for any sign of movement through the trees.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#43 Post by Ranalf »

The Golem roared in pain as John's arrow hit one of his eyes. He swung his huge fists around, one hitting next to Issac and the other into the ground as it pulled the arrow out of his eye, revealing a dark stone where the bright blue stone was, showing that he was blind in one eye from that. "HoW dArE yOu ShOoT oNe Of My EyEs!" it yelled as it thought it swung for John, but missed and hit the ground 8 feet in front of John.

Ranalf watched Julia run for her crossbow and had followed her slowly, however, when she fell, he panicked a bit when she yelled, attracting the Golem's attention. Ranalf ran over when the golem swung at her, this time it was gonna hit the mark. In one movement, Ranalf took his shield off his back and then hit the hand with a tremendous amount of force for someone of his size, knocking the arm away from her, but his arm hurt a lot. He looked at Julia, pain seen on his face. "Qu-quick...Let's move back and...Shoot at the golem...I'm f-fine..." he lied, sheathing his sword and then holding his right hand out to Julia to take. His left arm was broken, he was sure of it.
Talia shrugged at Murdoc. "I dunno, but I hope they're gonna be okay." she said, before looking at Nerus, "And no, I'm staying. I'll try to keep you from dying as long as I can. Maybe my memories will come back and tell me how I can use some kind of healing spell if I am a mage." she said, sighing and then stabbing her staff into the ground, the end with the crystal on top and then looking at the direction the people were fighting the golem, according to Nerus.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#44 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Julia watched in fear as the golem's arm came rushing down towards her. She let out a horrible scream when she thought she would be flatened for sure, but was amazed to find that Ranalf had blocked the attack, though his left arm was now awkwardly positioned and he seemed to be in immense pain. She quickly took his hand and got up. But the , rather then dash, she helped Ranalf away from the battle as well. " your not okay. That's Deffinately broken.... I mean, just look at how it's hanging... You stay here." she loaded up her crossbow and then took aim at the golem. She fired off arrows, hoping one of them would hit a weak point on the golem. Meanwhile, Julia was concerned about Ranalf. He broke his arm, and for her. She didnt even know him, so why should he have risked his life like that? Then she realized how badly she was shaking. That close call had scared her very badly as well as the sight of Ranalf's arm. She winced at the image of it and said, " his arm is broken, anybody find or have anything that can help him?!"

(sorry, writers block...)

Templar Inner Circle

#45 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

That went better than expected.

John nocked another arrow and started walking around the Golem, being careful to stay in it's new-found blindspot. He could probably get at the other eye if he moved the other direction, but for now making sure the thing had as bad a chance at hitting him as possible was more important.

"So as you can see, your skin really isn't an impenetrable defence. Now, there's...what, seven of us? And one of you? You've made good headway in fighting us so far, but if you actually take the time to try to kill all of us you will take some serious damage, if you win. I mean, you're already missing one eye, and something tells me you don't want to lose the second one."

He kept walking around the golem, being careful to avoid getting too close to its hands. Not much sense in making a speech if a fist cut him off halfway, after all.
"Now, as I mentioned before, we're not from around here, and we didn't know that this was your forest. If we did, we wouldn't have come here. We're sorry, but we can't just teleport out of here right now. If you'll just show us the way out of here and to the nearest town we'll be more than happy to leave, but if you really do insist on fighting more you'll have a long battle on your hands that you might not win. It's your choice, but I'd reccomend the one that doesn't run the risk of getting you killed."
Iwaku